Should I not buy my daughter so many Christmas gifts due to COVID?

I know this is a tough year for everybody, especially for kids, since lockdown can be such a big hit to them. I’m already buying Christmas presents for my 4-year-old; she’s my only child. And, as I do every year, I buy ahead of the holidays to avoid the higher prices, etc. I’ve gotten lots of backlash because of this. People insist it’s a bad year financially and that I shouldn’t be getting more than one present for my little one. Mind you; we have the rest of our necessities covered. I’m a working mom, and I just budget and plan ahead. Do you think I shouldn’t get my girl her usual number of gifts? I feel so bad now.

135 Likes

Why would you care what anyone else thinks?

6 Likes

That is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard
Edit. Not you. Them.

5 Likes

Buy what you want dor your daughter

1 Like

If you can afford to do the same for your child this year as in the past then go for it!

5 Likes

Do you mama. Don’t listen to what others think. :heart:

2 Likes

Get your child what you want, and tell everyone else to mind their own.

3 Likes

Do what you want for your child.

Do what you wanna do for your child and don’t tell anybody… idk why people get so caught up in the opinion of others :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

What does Covid have to do with how many gifts you buy your kid? If you can afford it do whatever you want.

8 Likes

You should do what you like. But instead of buying materialistic toys, your daughter might just enjoy the true meaning of Christmas. And spending time, reading, making sweets, playing simple games w/you than all those materialistic items.

If you’re able to who cares what people think? As a parent you shouldn’t be so easily swayed by others opinions and should be able to think for yourself.

You are doing the right thing, so don’t listen to anyone else.

2 Likes

I think it’s your business based on your finances. It’s no one else’s business. Everyone has different circumstances whether we’re in the middle of a pandemic or not. Do what you want for your family!

This only really applies when it comes to Santa.
Get your child whatever you want, from you. But if you participate in Santa gifts… maybe don’t go all out. Just a few, especially things she needs. Socks, underwear, etc. kids that are less fortunate might think they were bad or Santa doesn’t like them, because either kids got more or cooler things. What you get your child is up to you, but if you’re planning on putting “from Santa” just think about the other kids “Santa” is sending presents too as well.

6 Likes

Girl no buy that baby anything you think will be a great gift shes your child do you girl i already started shopping for all the kids i shop for not just mine so yeah ignore people if you can afford it do it

I think you should get her what you want its nothing to do with anyone. Jealousy

I will be getting more than one present for my child. It’s no ones business what you get for your child if you can afford it. Don’t let anyone else make you feel bad.

2 Likes

If you can afford it. Then do what you want.

1 Like

I am really starting Christmas shopping right now as well. With the covid going on I bet during the holidays it’s going to be hard to get into stores to shop because of maximal capacity inside stores. We will have to wait outside. Whoever is bashing you is probably just jealous and can’t mind their own buisness. Do what you want with your child and your home.

1 Like

So because others can’t afford, you should limit what you CAN afford?! Hahaha, NOPE! But that sweet girl whatever your heart desires. No one else pays your bills so their opinion means nothing.

4 Likes

I’m planning on doing for my kids exactly the same I do any other year! Honestly I’ll prob do a bit more just because we did absolutely nothing this summer due to covid and i could care less how anyone feels about it🤷🏻‍♀️

8 Likes

I don’t know? Who cares. Do whatever you want.

2 Likes

It’s no-ones business how you spend your money. If you can afford what your usual is then go for it. I don’t intend to “cut back” on what we spend for Christmas and we are expecting a baby. How I spend my money on my children is no ones concern but mine and my husbands.

2 Likes

I think it’s your decision.

1 Like

If you can afford it do it…

1 Like

Id do what I wanted it’s nobody else’s business

1 Like

You do you!! Don’t worry about the haters.

1 Like

The gifts you buy for your child are absolutely nobody’s business but yours. Nobody has the right to tell you what to buy or how to parent your child, and don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for your choices! (Coming from someone who is already Christmas shopping for my children too :blush:)

3 Likes

If you can afford it go for it. These kids have been through so much let them enjoy xmas

2 Likes

That would be the day when someone told me what I can’t do with my children . If bills and everything are paid, why not!!!

1 Like

Ive already bought my son like 20 gifts. I dont care what people think. If i can budget for it then hes getting it

I agree with the Santa thing, but it should be every year. As a kid I always wondered why Santa only brought me things like pj’s and other kids things like iPods.

1 Like

You will learn to not care what other people think. You do you, momma. I will be doing Christmas as I always do for my kids every year. Why? Because I can and I don’t care what people think!

1 Like

Why can’t people just mind their business? You do what you want to do and stop worrying about what people tell you unless they are paying for it why should you care.

Do what you want !! I’m not changing my ways and I will try and make this year more special as this has been a rubbish year for everyone . Why not make it special x.

2 Likes

Girl don’t feel bad if your able to give your daughter a big Christmas! You take care of bills and other needs first the rest is just extra you can afford to use, people will always bitch about things others can do that they can’t because they aren’t as good with money. It’s no one’s business what you do with your money for your child.

If you can afford it, do it. Tell everyone else to butt out of your financial business unless they are helping.

1 Like

My kids will get the same as they always have…they’ve had a shit yr and deserve it…do whatever you want and works for your family its no bodies business

This has been such a tough year for them, do not listen to others and if you usually do it, what makes this year any different?

Don’t listen to them. I agree it’s been a bad year but that’s all the reason to buy what you usually get for Christmas plus a little extra. Kids need normalcy and with how well they’re handling Covid they deserve a little extra.

No, just buy whatever you wana buy!! It’s your money .

2 Likes

You dp what makes you and your little one happy

1 Like

It’s YOUR daughter and YOUR money so that equals YOUR choice! Also sounds like you plan financially so I don’t see a problem. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Tell whoever it is that unless they pay your bills or feed your child or are buying those presents themselves that they don’t get a say!

1 Like

It’s no one’s business what you buy for your baby! !

I mean…this is your daughter do what you want! If its a “Santa” thing just say one gift is from Santa only. If its a guilt thing then you can sponsor another kid and get them some toys.

We Will be doing the same as every year, these poor kids have had to deal with enough going on in this world. They deserve a spoiled holiday❤

2 Likes

Do what works for you! Do not let anyone else dictate what you do in your own home!

2 Likes

My son gets a bunch of gifts on both his birthday and Christmas (which does hurt my pocket a bit because his birthday is in December :rofl: it’s only painful because I always am a money manger and make sure we have everything needed before hand but I also like to have an extra safety net which I cant put as much towards in December :woman_shrugging:t4: oh well my son is worth it!)

Why would you care what others think? If you have the means then do what you want.

1 Like

Why is that anyone else’s business…you do what you want…if it were me I’d tell them to f**k off and mind their business…but that’s me :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think it’s an important lesson to TEACH our kids, especially at 4

Buy what you want but also make sure she appreciates, age appropriately of course, how lucky to have so much!

There is a balance there that can happen.

Maybe take her to pick out a toy for a shelter toy drive.

We all have different abilities financially, pandemic or not, so when we teach our children to really appreciate what they’ve been given it’s a beautiful thing!

2 Likes

Let’s put the virus aside for a second; I strongly believe that “Santa” should only give practical gifts and Mom/Dad should give the more extravagant gifts. Kids that are less fortunate tend to get upset thinking they were bad or Santa doesn’t like them as much because their parents can’t afford an Xbox or cellphone etc, so all they got was a board game and some socks but “Santa” gave something big and expensive to their class mate.

But I would not care what any person on the planet had to say about what I chose to buy my child, I would literally laugh in their face and tell them to mind their own business :sweat_smile:

I say buy your daughter what you think she deserves but reserve smaller items from Santa and bigger ones from you :relaxed:

15 Likes

Do you and don’t worry what others think.

1 Like

Just don’t go out buying iPads & gaming expensive systems & tell her it’s from Santa while some other kids Santa could only bring candy

I think you should buy her as many presents as you would like. It’s absolutely nobody’s business what you do with your money! If they aren’t paying your bills it ain’t their business! It’s not the kids fault that the world is falling apart, why ruin their Christmas too?

1 Like

A child does not understand the financial burden holidays can be. If you can afford it, and she’s been good, go for it!!! Especially if your child believes in Santa and elves, and all that.

Do what you feel is appropriate! If you are fortunate a d can do what you always do, why not do that? Don’t listen to others. If it makes you feel better, have her be involved with buying something for those less fortunate

Omg you do what makes you and your daughter happy…Its nobody elses business…

I’ve already started buying for my kids too. They are going through so much that I want them to feel a bit normal.

Omg my kids will be getting as many gifts as we want to give them. We also donate and give wrapped gifts to less fortunate families in our community.

Buy what you want for your kids if you can afford it do it

Hell no!!! Our kids only get to be kids once if you can afford it and you enjoy doing this for her (I love doing it for my girls) then you do you boo boo!!! It’s your money n your kid not nobody else’s

I’m sorry. But why is ANYONE telling you what to do with YOUR money or YOUR kid?!?!?

Heck em. If you can afford to buy your girl christmas presents, and all your other bills are paid, which it sounds like they are, go right ahead. Nvm everybody else’s opinion, is just that, an opinion. You do you, mama.

That’s insane for anyone to tell you that. You buy WHATEVER you feel you can/need too. Fuck everyone else’s opinion.

People are way too concerned with the opinions of others these days. Do what’s best for your family :upside_down_face:

Your money .your child .its nobody’s business what you buy her

People need to mind their own business.

#mindtheyownbusiness

1 Like

What… what does your finances have anything to do with this person or that?? If it’s in your budget why not?

1 Like

Its your money. Spend it how you want

1 Like

Buy what you want. They have had a rough year already. Give some extra joy eont hurt.

1 Like

It’s your decision to make, yes times are tough but if you have budgeted and can afford to spoil your daughter a little go right ahead. People are always going to have an opinion about everything but just do what you want to.

3 Likes

Screw what anyone thinks , I’ve started as well lol

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that! it’s your daughter, if you can afford it, why not. I’m going to spend on my children, grandchildren regardless. Go for it

3 Likes

Girl pleaseeeeee I have been buying since june I have 4 boys from 16 to 3 and I am just about done. And let’s jaut say I cant walk in my bedroom cause it’s full if gifts…do what you want with YOUR MONEY have a great Christmas

2 Likes

It’s your family - do what you like!

3 Likes

That’s your money and your child do what you want!!! Nobody business

3 Likes

Your money and your child. People need to mind their business.

2 Likes

It’s non of anyone’s business how you buy for your child, I have also started Xmas shopping for my pair… just do what you always do :blush:

2 Likes

Give your baby what you want. Tell the people who have something to say to go kick rocks and pick up a second job. Damn. People need to mind their own.

Your finances aren’t anyone else’s business or concern. Buy what you can afford.

2 Likes

Get that baby whatever you want :woman_shrugging:t3: if you feel guilty about how many she has while other kids are going without, donate to angel tree or some program like that! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What in the world if u have everything paid and planned then get her what u feel u want to get her. Learning things to keep her mind busy would be great :+1:

1 Like

Um who cares what people think about what you do for YOUR kid

3 Likes

It’s your choice at the end of the day, if you’re at all worried about what anybody says then do more presents from mommy and maybe one or two from Santa?

2 Likes

Do what you want . It’s YOUR child .

1 Like

You get what you as a mom want to. Just because others wait and are struggling that’s on them. I’m like you I start buying now so I can give my child a good Christmas as I am a single mother. You do you and those people are just jealous your smarter financially then them. If your bills are paid and you wanna buy something you do it!

1 Like

It’s your money and your child, do what you think is best for her to be happy. I’ve been Christmas shopping since July for my son

You should buy your child whatever the heck you want to buy your kid. Why do people think it’s their business what you do with your money

I start in January and buy all year, buy what you want its your money.

You do whatever you feel is necessary. Myself… we canceled Christmas 2 years ago.

1 Like

People need to mind their own business
They are not paying your bills !!!

I start early and I don’t care who gets mad I get my kids Christmas gifts as many as I want nobody pays your bills but you so don’t worry about what they think you do what you want to do

Spend as much as you want on your child. Fuck everyone else

He say…she say…dont listen to them…buy as much or as little as u decide…x

Depends on your financial situation. Personally I have a lot of grandkids to buy for so my list every yr is: an outfit, pajamas, a toy, an a book. Everyone gets the same # of gifts. As for the older ones the teenagers they get money or a gift card.

I’m buying our daughter a $330 battery car for her to drive and a shit ton of other toys and clothes etc for her 1st bday, then there’s xmas so she gets even more! Your kid, spoil her all you want.:grin: