Should I not buy my daughter so many Christmas gifts due to COVID?

In our house we do one big gift from Santa then two small ones from him. The rest come from us. That way kids aren’t wondering why Santa didn’t bring them as much and I don’t have to worry about what others think. We do what we can afford in our home.

She’s your child not theirs spoil her!

I think you should do what works for you and your family and everyone else can leave you be. It’s your business what/ how you spend your money and holidays. Also, my opinion I don’t see anything wrong with what you’re doing anyhow :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s your daughter nobody else’s at all n you as her mother can do whatever you want. Her old toys tho should get donated

If you wanna get your child 100 gifts then do it. No one has any say on how many gifts a child gets on christmas or their birthday. Tell whomever to fuck off, she’s your kids not theirs and you are buying the gifts not them

It’s your child if you can afford it that’s your choice. My only suggestion is to label most of them from you vs santa… its easier to explain different families have different finances than to explain why santa brought the kid next door a ton of stuff but they only got gloves and underwear…

Its your finances no one else. They can stay put of your business. I have already started buying things that are a great deal when I find them.

Buy your kid whatever you want. It’s your kid. If all other bills and needs are taken care of you do you. Why cancel Christmas?

1 Like

I can feel both sides. Yes get her presents of course. But also realize how poor kids feel when they get little to none for Christmas and are told that “Santa” gives gifts to good kids and yet they were good. No it’s not your responsibility to fill that void. Just being aware is something. I’m not even sure what to do. I don’t even think there’s an actual point to my comment. But Yes get her presents. Tradition is important.

1 Like

Just because Covid is wreaking havoc on the economy doesn’t mean your children need to suffer for it. Keep Christmas special for them and let them deal with issues of the country when they are adults.

4 Likes

No more than one present?! Wow. No words :woman_facepalming:t4: if you have the money to get her what you want then you do it and do it the way you do it. Don’t feel bad on behalf of other people’s judgements and comments it’s your money and your child :relaxed:x

1 Like

You should do whatever you want with your money! Spoil that baby if you have the money to do it! :heart::heart:

go for it :slight_smile: not only does it make for one very happy little girl it puts money back into the economy

1 Like

I usually start early myself and end up with a crap ton of presents for my daughter. I now have an 8 week old son and have not worked since March so I haven’t been able to buy early. I return to work at the end of this Month and will be starting my Christmas shopping then. It won’t be as much as usual but she also now has a brother so :woman_shrugging:t2: do what you want, it’s your kid.

Do whatever you want and can afford. It’s noone else’s business!

1 Like

This is always a difficult discussion as some parents make every gift “from Santa”…in our house Santa brings, a toy, book, outfit and a movie… usually we buy a couple more gifts of outfits/toys but nothing crazy. Bc my 4 year old goes to school and I don’t want him saying Santa brought me a bike-tv or whatever big items people get kids when I know he has less fortunate kiddos in his class…so we keep bigger items for his bday, so last month he got a bike for his birthday. Just so he doesn’t confuse what Santa got him versus us. However Christmas morning we open “Santa gifts” and usually Christmas Eve or Christmas night we open gifts from mommy and daddy so there isn’t a lot of confusion.

Do what you can afford. If you can afford it then there’s no reason why not if that’s what you want to do. I always buy ahead. It makes christmas so much easier financially.

Why? Does it effect any one else but you?? Buying your child gifts, doesn’t effect anyone else financially… Or any other child. Nor does it matter what anyone else thinks. Not their business. They aren’t supporting you or your child. You are. So… Their opinion… Really doesn’t matter

She’s your child. My heart goes out to those in need (and we do what we can to help) however…I will not buy my children less just because others can’t afford to buy theirs more. Our financial situation belongs to mine and my husband and we will either spend, save, or tighten our belt when the need arises.

3 Likes

You do you mama. If you want to buy tons of presents you buy tons of presents. People need to start minding their own business

Get your kid what you want!

Honestly if you can afford to do what tou want you work for your money. I wish i could but given the circumstances and another baby lol they wont have a living room full this year. I feel bad but they still getting a few each. The thing is they are getting older and dont ask for much but what they ask for is not exactly under $100 :rofl::woman_facepalming:t4: If you can do it then do it :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Who the hell is anyone to tell you how spend the money you earn? You buy your child whatever you want to!
You dont need these people in your life, who are they? The Christmas police? Tell them to Jingle all the way back to the holes they came from and buy your kid a million gifts if that makes you happy! :v:t3:

2 Likes

I decided last year that for this year I’m going to do the 4 gift rule, 1 they need, 1 to read, 1 to wear and 1 they want. Definitely helped with the covid stuff. But seriously, do what is best for you. If you can afford it, great, buy. Maybe buy local as much as possible to help local businesses. But do what you feel you can!

Don’t feel bad you buy her what ever you want :gift: it’s no ones business but yours enjoy Christmas with your daughter :christmas_tree:

I think you should get your kids as much as you want. It doesn’t matter what other think. My only problem I have with other people doing this is when they say a majority of it is from Santa or the most expensive thing is from Santa. Then those kids tell their friends or other kids who may be less fortunate and they think why didn’t Santa get them something like that. If you don’t have the money for a big Christmas it sucks to see your child sad because santa didn’t get them what they wanted but got all the other kids these big things or a lot of things.

2 Likes

No one else’s business.

Do want you want for YOUR DAUGHTER!!!

2 Likes

You are in charge with what you do with your kid, don’t let anyone bully you into questioning what you do. I know it might be harder for some families this year but every year it’s hard for families everywhere, you shouldn’t have to limit yourself when you work to get your kid everything she needs and what you want.

Do whatever the hell you want !!! But imo I always believe that bigger gifts should come from mom or dad and not Santa.

1 Like

I save all yr for xmas… it’s the only time of the yr my kids oldest 20🤦‍♀️ 15 and 5 get spoilt really… I’ve always went as OTT as I can afford… other ppl go bigger but hey if u can afford it den burst on… but in saying that I do try give something to d less fortunate aswell… usually someone I know but in a v discreet way…

If you can do it then keep things normal for her. Why change :slightly_smiling_face:

You do whatever you want. It’s your child not theirs. If you can afford to get her all of the gifts you want then who cares, it’s your money. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Why are you worried about what other people think if your bills are paid dont worry about what other people think why would you even ask something like that. Your a grown adult do what you want.

Do what you want. If you can afford it, buy it. Not buying actually hurts the economy at a larger scale anyways. Your purchases pay other employees wages indirectly.

I always start x mas shopping early too. The trick is to only have one special gift from Santa and the stocking from Santa. The rest is from you.
This is your child. Do what works for you and tell everyone else to mind their own business

I’ve already got 90% of Christmas done, and hid lol.

Buy what you want to

Do what you want it your baby but any big gift have it from you instead of Santa Claus so other kids don’t feel like they were bad.

1 Like

Just make sure they’re from mom and not Santa.

1 Like

Do what You want Mom. Your Child will only be young once. God bless You!

:woman_shrugging: I always start Christmas shopping for the next year when clearence sales hit after Christmas. Then I clearence shop through the year. Then buy up big presents I didn’t find on sale closer to time. I don’t think it should matter how many presents you buy her. Now for family gathering make it fair but at your own home go all out if you can and want to.

Who cares what other people think. Do you girl. Until any of these people start providing for your child, their opinion is irrelevant. What you buy and how much is only your business. And if you want everything to say from Santa then do it!

1 Like

So I’m sure I’ll get some backlash for this but here goes.

I understand people are hurting financially because of this year but ultimately that is not your problem. You cannot help their situation anymore than they can.

Further more, whatever you buy your daughter and how much you buy her is up to you.

My husband and I will personally be buying like we normally do. We were fortunate enough to have put money in savings. I know that isn’t the case for everyone but I refuse to only get my kids 1 gift each because other people can’t afford Christmas.

2 Likes

Um she’s your kid and you can do what you want?

1 Like

Your money🤷‍♀️ if Bill’s and things are covered, i say go for it!! She will only be this little for so long…

Oh psh. Go all out, dont worry about anything other than seeing your daughter smile on Christmas morning :christmas_tree:

1 Like

If you can afford it then do it!

If you’re comfortable with it and can afford it, go for it! Every family is in a different financial situation, COVID related or not. Some kids get more gifts than others every year, this won’t be different. If you get her big or expensive gifts, just make sure they’re from you and not Santa. Kids won’t understand why Santa brought them something small and another kid something huge.

Your baby , your money…do whatever you want, I don’t understand why people don’t mind their own business!!

1 Like

Your money and nobody else’s. Do what you think is right. Get your child as many as you want.

You do what you want to do. It’s no one else’s businesses. If you want to spoil your little one with gifts, go ahead :slight_smile:

Buy whatever you want I get shit every year for the amount of stuff my little girl gets I’m a single mam and start early so I can get everything I want to get for her I already have a few presents in too :sparkling_heart:

Why can’t they be from Santa. If im able to afford Christmas(which I won’t be this year) all the gifts are from Santa

2 Likes

Do what ever you WANT! :heart:

1 Like

if ur job not in jepordy then go for it

I’d really like to know who everyone is?? It’s your money do what you want with it. Why would you deprive your child of presents for Christmas or any other holiday because of Covid? If you can’t afford it that’s one thing but if you can why would you?

1 Like

Not anyone else’s business. You do what you want to do. if that’s go crazy at chirstmas go for it… i Never go Over crazy but then I got 2 kids birthday’s close to chirstmas as it is…

I personally think people should stop judging how much they Buy or what they get there child… each to there own.

Do what you want but a good rule of thumb we do is one they want, one they need, one to wear, one to read, and a Santa gift

1 Like

Screw that! Ur kids, u buy what ever and how ever many presents u want.

Your money, your child

Why is it anybody else’s business what you decide to do as a mom? Get it mama! Do you!

Just do you! If you can afford it, by all means - stimulate the economy!

Go all out if you want its ur bills and ur child…fuck what anyone else thinks

We never do a big Christmas regardless what year it is… but I just feel like this question is just personal really. You do you…

Ill be spending probably about 1000 on gifts for both of my girls but i can afford it its different if you cant afford it but if you can go for it

It’s your money and none of their damn business. Spend it how you please.

If your covered financially than spoil your child! It’s your decision!

1 Like

Baby that is your child do what you want …

The virus only last for so many days on surfaces.

Your child, your life. Do whatever you want! You don’t need anyone’s permission to do what you please.

1 Like

You do what you do. It is no one elses business.

Girl tell everyone else to mind their own! Your bills arw paid you have food buy what the heck u wanna buy for her

I don’t think its anyone else’s business what you buy your child or how you celebrate the holidays

If u want to give her extra gifts, give it to her! Just make sure the majority is for her development

1 Like

Please don’t feel bad. It’s your money and your child. Do what makes you happy.

2 Likes

I don’t think others should tell you what or how much you buy for your child. I do feel you should be mindful of your daughters friends & relatives. Maybe when you find a good deal on something you can also buy it for a friend who know is having a rough year. That’s probably why ppl are trying to shame you. They don’t want their child hurt. You know kids talk & show off.

2 Likes

Girl: your money, your child, your rules.

1 Like

If you are financially able to, why would this Christmas be any different

Your money, your child, your decision. As long as she isn’t going to other kids and telling them that Santa got her a ton of gifts theres nothing wrong with buying lots of gifts for your child if you can.

1 Like

Heck no. You give your child any kind of normal you can! Merry Christmas Y’all

1 Like

It’s your money so do what you want with it. But honestly if you feel like it bothers people because they have kids that know yours then I would say do one gift from Santa and they rest from you and dad. No kid should feel like Santa gets more for one child than the other.

That’s between you her and your budget :woman_shrugging: if you can afford it go for it I wasnt going to change how much I spend for my son especially everything is covered

Im doing it how i normally do my oldest twos birthdays are straight after Christmas too so i started early xx

If YOU can afford it you buy whatever YOU want to.

I am probably going to avoid Black Friday. That’s usually when I do a lot of shopping. But I’m not changing how much I buy or what I choose to buy because of the pandemic.

Don’t let anyone make you feel bad or question your decision. If they don’t contribute to your household, their opinion doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Your kid your choice just dont get yourself into debt for xmas I started buying aswell last month :see_no_evil: I’m paid monthly so find it much easier to spread the cost especially since her bday is in January x

Indulge your baby as long as you can

1 Like

Lol what?
Girl dont listen to everyone else. Theyre jealous they can’t afford to do the same for their kids.
If you can afford it buy her as much ad you want.
Like you said…its been a hard year for them.

2 Likes

Your kid, your money.

2 Likes

Dont think it matters to your child . She will be happy with whatever . It just makes the parents happy to see they child with loads of things .

1 Like

Uuuumm what you choose to spend on your kid is your problem. Tell people to go shove their opinion where the sun dont shy. I have 8 children we arent rich so on their birthdays and xmas I go all out.

1 Like

Do what you think is best for your daughter. It’s been a hard year on kids too & if Christmas can have some normalicy, that can be a good thing. You could get gifts from the dollar store or even make something you know she will like.

Your child, your choice. Just be mindful of Santa gifts. When kids get the big gift from Santa other kids tend to think santa doesn’t like them as much that is why I had to tell mine the truth.

Covid has already taken away alot of families and kids this year, don’t let it affect her Christmas. In fact make sure to give her the best Christmas, and that goes to all the families, reading these comments. IDC if your financially stable or not, doesn’t have to be about the gifts, just make this year the best, everyone deserves it.

1 Like

I would do what I could do and not worry about what others say or do.

Just do you girl don’t worry about the rest. :heart:

BUY WHATEVER YOU WANT. YOUR CHILD, YOUR MONEY, YOUR HOUSE. Who in the world thinks “oh I’ll ask someone’s opinion of how many gifts I’m getting my own child” NO ONE! you do you!!!

If YOU only want to get one gift, then do it. If YOU want to get 100 gifts, then do ittttt!

1 Like

First off ppl need to mind their mfkn business. Its ur money. You do what u want.

1 Like

Honey get that sweet baby whatever you want to :slight_smile: it’s your money and if you can afford it and your Bill’s then do it :slight_smile: no one is judging you and if they are delete them

Save the money for college

It is YOUR daughter and YOUR money tell everyone else to mind there damn buisness as long as you got your necessities covered give that little girl a good christmas​:two_hearts::two_hearts: