Should I press charges?

Call the police!!!

1 Like

That is dangerous abuse. You should report him and get a restraining order.

3 Likes

Press charges. Do not go back to him. Your childs safety is more important than him.

4 Likes

Thats full on assaultā€¦ call the police and report him. Itā€™s only going to get worse if you let it slide

3 Likes

Itā€™s abuse regardless even if he hadnā€™t left bruises. And 2 boot he has a history of doing it, u should have left a long time ago. File a restraining order and take pictures or have someone take pictures of the bruises and property damage. Furthermore someone that unstable doesnā€™t need 2 be around ur kid so Iā€™d see about supervised visitation. Press charges drunk or not he shouldnā€™t ever put hands on u and nor should u have put up with it after the 1st time. I know itā€™s not easy 2 just leave but there are local groups that can help with things like that Iā€™m sure. Find the strength within 2 remove him from ur life.

1 Like

Press charges. Similar incident happened to me. I had a chance to press charges I didnā€™t he came back and it happened repeatedly. He would say every single time ā€œ Iā€™m sorry, I wonā€™t happen again ā€œ. But it did. Narcissistic behavior.
We went to counseling he said I donā€™t need it you do.
We went 3 months.
Please move on.

1 Like

I feel like you know the answer to this question. This is not normal acceptable behavior for an adult to live with let alone a child. Get out get a restraining order and sole custody of your child. Next time he could kill you. It happens all the time

2 Likes

What everyone is saying. And when he comes around or calls or text he is violating his order of protection. Been through this with my granddaughter. He sounds like a narcissist. Read up on that it is crazy and scary what they can and will do to you. Sorry you are going through this.

1 Like

This is absolutely domestic violence

1 Like

Sounds like youā€™re trying to justify his actions for how he is. šŸ¤·

2 Likes

Iā€™d file a restraining order , and file charged. Noone should ever touch you in anger . Also you may need counseling if you think this is acceptable at all .

Um yes. Yes he did and you should press charges. You should have called the second you knew he was back. Not trying to sound condescending at all, I just wouldnā€™t want to read it was worse. It also sounds like he burned you on purpose. Run like the wind girl!

Iā€™d definitely report it!

1 Like

OP NOW. Tour kids and YOU need to be protected

1 Like

Abuse is a lot more that just punching. He physically attacked you, threatened you, and damaged property. Thatā€™s just the icing on the cake, doesnā€™t even get to the emotional abuseā€¦

3 Likes

If he left bruises itā€™s abuse and you need to take pics and report it

Press charges. This will only get worse. File a protective/restraining order as well.

1 Like

take photots and go to the police this is 100% abuse he has no right to do that too you

Press charges immediately. That is 100% abuse and assault.

2 Likes

Sounds like a psycho. Get a restraining order before he does some serious harm to you.

3 Likes

Call the police get him done and leave

1 Like

He doesnā€™t have to hit you to abuse you. Threatening to do it is also abuse. Smashing your phone so you canā€™t call the police is also a other crime. Call the police and report him.

3 Likes

I fell like youā€™re asking a question you already know the answer to

7 Likes

Omg yes press charges

1 Like

Yes this is abuse! He put his hands on you in a harmful manner with the intent to hurt you! You sound like youā€™re trying to justify and excuse his abuse, and if you are I hope you eventually get help for the obvious mental abuse heā€™s put you through. I really hope your done with him and you get 1. A restraining order 2. Press charges 3. If heā€™s the father of your child, a child protective order.

2 Likes

Call :clap:t2: the :clap:t2: copsā€‹:clap:t2: telling you you should be afraid of him & tackling you & leaving bruises is 100% abuse. Iā€™m so sorry that his past behavior being somehow worse than that is leaving you second guessing yourself. You donā€™t deserve that & your baby doesnā€™t deserve seeing his mama in pain. Get a restraining order stay. Please. This kind of thing just escalates.

2 Likes

Report it and get a non molestation order ā€¦ really hope you are ok!

1 Like

If he laid his hands on you in any way without your permission, itā€™s abuse!

Nah, stay with him he didnā€™t mean it he loves you, next time he might just love you to death

2 Likes

run and donā€™t look back

1 Like

Stop minimalizing his intent. He intended to do that. Call the police now while you still have the evidence.

Why are you wasting time posting this? Go report his ass!

Restraining order asap !!!

Call the police and press charges

My question is did she take him back after all that?

Absolutely abuse. His words alone were abuse. Him touching you like that is abuse. With the threats he made, get a restraining order. Also get some counselling for yourself so you can start to heal from this abusive relationship.

Abosley postevile 100% you need to call law and press charges Right a way why the bruises and marks are still visabl

He definitely abused you. Anytime he touches you with the intention of hurting you or stopping you from leaving is abuse. You need to document everything, you need to get a restraining order and do not allow him around you or your son. If he comes back, you need to contact the police, especially when he comes to pick up his stuff, you need to have someone there for your protection, because he sounds like he would try something. Iā€™m sorry you are going through this, Iā€™ve been through it, but you have to leave him, he will end killing you one day. No man( a real man) would tackle the woman he loves or punch her. He doesnā€™t love you, he loves controlling you and he loves the way you make him feel. You deserve so much better then that, and you will find it. I hope this helps. All my love to you.

Get out of there girl

The fact that you yourself thought you needed to call for help because he was making you nervous speaks volumes. I was in an abusive relationship, both physically and verbally, and dropped charges twice because I was scared. Not worth your life! Get out while you can and press charges. He needs to be held accountable.

2 Likes

The fact that you are taking the time out of your day to write this post about an ex that abused you in the past but now your unsure if he really abused you again this time is baffling to me! Maybe you need to think about relocating to where he canā€™t find you so next time you donā€™t need to come to the internet to seek advice, while you sit there in pain battling your thoughts!

Press charges immediatelyā€¦yes everything he did was abuse. Take pictures of your wounds and bruises and car and whatever else he destroyedā€¦him smashing ur phone so you cant call for help is a crime. Put his crazy ass whete he belongs

Press charges. Get an order of protection and demand he got rehab and get help

1 Like

Lol. He didnā€™t punch me this time??? It was on accident?? Get a restraining order and press charges. You are the victim and no one male or female should be treated this way. If you donā€™t, your only allowing for worse to happen in the future. If not you, possibly the children.

1 Like

Tackling you is abuse!! You donā€™t have to be punched for it to be abuse!! Go to the police have him charged and put a damn restraining order on his ass

Taking your phone so you canā€™t call for help is in the same charge as kidnapping. Iā€™d have a restraining order and be back to court about supervised visitation only

even if you still love him for your protection and your kids call the police report him what he did to you and your car.i know you love him and dont want to but beliveve me next time gonna be worse please protect yourself and son they have womens shelter you can go to they will help you get protection order and get the house if its your if not they will help you and keep him away please please call 911 and get help now do not wait.if something happens to your son it will be your fault get out now. if dss finds out they will take your son because you are not protecting him putting him and yourself in great danger please call 911 now

You are seriously crazy to even ask such a question. You already know the answer. Press charges

2 Likes

Umā€¦. Yes PLEASE press charges. Plus get a restraining order. Next time may be worse unfortunately dear!!

Any physical contact or threats are considered aggression and assault! He tackled you and even a push is consider assault! Yes you should press charges but beware that once itā€™s done you will not be able to walk away!

yeah you should press charges and keep your kid away from that guy.

This is abuse! On so many levels! He physically abused you by tackling you. He mentally abused you by putting you through it in the first place. He could get in trouble for damage to property for the phone and window. Also, taking the phone in the first place can be assault and battery. Im not sure how itā€™s even a question whether or not this is abuse. Just because you got lucky this time and he didnā€™t actually hit you, doesnā€™t mean he wonā€™t in the future. You need a restraining order. Would you want your son to grow up with this kind of influence? I know its an ex, but clearly he is not respecting the fact that you are no longer together. And if this is the boys dad you should not want him around your son. He could abuse him too.

2 Likes

Get out as quick as possible. Even words can constitute abuse. Good luck to you

2 Likes

Wtf ā€¦? Is this a real question ?

4 Likes

Why was he in a rage was he your ex at the time if so why was he there is he your sons father if so he should make him a party himself and not come to yours if he is a good father if you want to stay with him make him get counseling and stop drinking

Do you have a baseball bat you need to protect yourself. Hit him up side the head he would think next time he wants to jump you.

1 Like

Girl seriously??? Did he abuse you??? In every since of the word!!! Physically, emotionally, verbally!!! Call the dang police abd press charges ASAP!!!

3 Likes

That is abuse, press charges

2 Likes

You need to press charges now. Go to the local police station and file a report with as much detail as you can. If they ask why the delay, say you were afraid because that is the truth.

call before next time he kills you

1 Like

Kick his ass with a gun next time if you have to are you will in up dead

3 Likes

Never go around him again you or your child get a protective order if you donā€™t heā€™ll finish what he started these things donā€™t get better

Yes . Him taking your phone from you is a punishable by life in prison charge !!

Yes you should and him smashing your phone is a felony went through this I donā€™t remember what the actual charge is called but felony because he prevented you from being able to call police or ambulance

First off why are you on Facebook trying to get an opinion/poll on whether to call the copsā€¦ Like wtfā€¦ Second what a man does to you can easily be done or being done to the child. Third if you have to ask this question you are asking, you already know the answer yourself. Obviously itā€™s abuseā€¦ Donā€™t think about what your child will think of you if you call the cops, set an example of how a person should be treated an how their on harsh punishments for mistreating a person period!..

3 Likes

If anything. Get a restraining order

1 Like

Get out as fast as you can :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes you absolutely need to press charges and get a restraining order. Do not let him get away with this kind of behavior without facing consequences.

1 Like

Girl, he put his hands on YOU without permissionā€¦ THAT IS ASSAULT!

Yes he did and yes you can press charges. You can also use the police report to get a restraining order and to use for supervised visitation modification to any parenting/custody order through the court.
He physically assaulted you and threatened you. Take the steps needed to protect yourself and your child.

Ps; Donā€™t go outside to smoke without something to protect yourself with pepper spray, baseball bat, metal pole,etc. Aim for the knees if he canā€™t chase you he canā€™t get you. A good plan for the future get surveillance cameras they have very cost effective models that will be useful if he shows up against a restraining order

Press charges, your life is worth more than this! :100:

Donā€™t make excuses that he didnā€™t punch you this timeā€¦. He hurt you damaged your property, acted that way at your childā€™s party, threatened you, and tackled you causing a burn and bruisesā€¦. You deserve better and so does your child. CALL THE POLICE AND MAKE A REPORT!!! You and your child should go to therapyā€¦ā€¦ you would be amazed at what they hear and remember years later. Your lucky none of your neighbors called child protective services.

deffinatly press charges and throw his ass in jail!

100000% press charges. Take pictures of the bruises and burn while theyā€™re fresh.

2 Likes

You most definitely should press charges but at the very, very least at least make a formal complaint at the police department so that there is a record of the incident. You can file the complaint without pressing charges.

Assault and battery, domestic abuse, destruction of property, menacing . . .

1 Like

Get as fsr away from him ASAP. He will eventually kill you or the kids. You must put your children first. I know from whence I speak.

Girlā€¦ I cannot enunciate to you enough or impress in your mind enough the words I want to say as far as run the f*** out of there as fast as you can

YES - he definitely abused you! Press charges immediately

I hate calling the copsā€¦ With that said I stayed for far too long with my ex.
From experience 29754 times later I finally called BECAUSE itā€™s not fair to the kids or your son in this case.
If you donā€™t. . he gets to have your child on his days and do you want your son to see him doing it to anyone else?? Better yet itā€™s your sonā€¦ He needs help. Do it because at one point you loved him and getting him the help he needs is love. The court will order classes.
It helped mine be a better dadā€¦ 2 years of classes but I bet he wonā€™t hit another women or pull a gun ever in his life. Doooo it!!! They need help

Take pics immediately, file a report, or complaint, then request a restraining order asapā€¦ yes its assault or atleast bodily injury, and threatening you is also an offense, and damage to your phone and vehicle are separate charges as well. If he doesnā€™t officially live there and its not his kid change the locks and go no contact. Think of the next woman he comes across, and act now :pray:

1 Like

Turn his sorry ass in!! That is not ok and it is abuse!

1 Like

Call the cops. Go to the doctor, donā€™t be afraid of telling them your ex did this to you. Yes, it is abuse and you need to press charges and file for a protective order and donā€™t drop it, go to the court date.

3 Likes

The mere fact that you are even asking this question and also making an excuse for each thing you are describing, tells me that somehow you arenā€™t ready to do it no matter what everyone here says. Only reason I say this is because I also have been on situations just like it. This answer HAS to come from you! You already know the answer deep down, are you gonna keep making a excuse for his abuse or stand up and take ownership to how your life turns out? I wish you well and hope you stand up!

4 Likes

Sweetie get help. THATS ABUSE

Taking your phone so you cant call for help is a felony charge on itā€™s own fyi

He put his hands on u by tackling u and u need to leave NOW and go into hiding

If you were your own best friend and you came to yourself and asked this question, what advice would you give?

1 Like

Ummm yes!!! 1000000000%. Not anything he did was ok. That beyond abusive. Get far far away from him and as fast as you can! Prayers being sent your way! That guy is a piece of sh*tā€¦I hope he rots in hells and you find the peace and happiness that you deserve!

TECHNICALLY?!?!???!
Please press charges, file for a restraining order and change the locks advise PD and neighbors. At the very minimum!

1 Like

get away from him asap before he kills you

1 Like

You have said he didnt abuse me this timeā€¦you knew when he pulled back in driveway what he was going to doā€¦I understand blind loveā€¦but this is you ,reaching out to see what ā€œusā€ the ones reading it have to say and what we thinkā€¦why dont you keep taking that ass whooping and eventually your children will have no motherā€¦because he will eventually kill youā€¦or you can do the smart thing and put his ass in jail and yes I know he has told you when he gets out your deadā€¦you have to make sure you can protect yourself from thatā€¦the police will never make it there in timeā€¦make sure you have everything documented and you have police reportsā€¦then when he shows up to hurt you,put a bullet in his head.you are in fear of your life and those of your childrenā€¦quit being a door matt!!!

3 Likes

Fuck yes thatā€™s abuse. Report it.

1 Like

Absolutely this was abuse. File a restraining order. Do not EVER pretend this man is gonna change. Get the proper papers filed but do not pretend that will protect you. Arm yourself and if you are forced to use it make sure it is inside your home where he was legally ordered not to be.

2 Likes

Absolutely 100%. If they get away with it once they come back and keep doing it. Speaking from experience. Regardless of wether he punched you or not he still tackled you, still bruised you and still broke your things and made threats. Theyā€™re serious. Be strong stay, strong and get him reported because heā€™ll never stop x

1 Like

call the cops now or you will end up dead

2 Likes

Of course itā€™s abuse and he broke the law, if you let this person get away with these acts of violence then maybe heā€™ll be back and do far worse so run, donā€™t walk to the nearest Hospital and get your self check out for injuries and they will notify the authorities for youā€¦ Please be safe and stay away from him.

Stupid is as stupid does really

That is abuse, press charges

1 Like

Abuse. Press charges.