Should I still give a baby shower gift?

Give it to her…maybe it will serve as a peace offering and will squash any beef 🤷🏼‍♀ sometimes being the bigger person is all it takes. If not return it I guess.

3 Likes

Give it to her. It’s hormones

Well, yes the baby has nothing to do w it… BUT if the mom is petty then the chances of the baby getting the gift is slim.
It’s so much easier to just be petty but killing them with kindness is always more rewarding. I think you should return the things you can but then still give the handmade things and even tho she was being ugly you give it to her and make a point. It’s so much more satisfying. Plus there’s a small chance things will get better with time and you don’t wnanah regret not doing it.

Good luck :rose:

I would return items bought and sell or keep items handmade for someone else. She uninvited you so I wouldn’t even bother with giving a gift.

2 Likes

Or give it to a needy person.

Also, being pregnant isn’t an excuse to be a petty jerk🤷🏻‍♀️

Rise above the petty and give it to her… shes hormonal, but she will think about it. Good luck :heart:

1 Like

hell no
give it away to someone else!!!

No she doesn’t deserve them.

I’d return or give to someone else and not to be petty but since she uninvited you and unfriended you I’d feel like that ship has sailed.

Give it to her :heart: take the high road! Remember she’s pregnant too…pregnancy hormones are no joke :sweat_smile:

Return the gifts you can and get your money back. She unfriended you, so it’s her choice, and you should honor that.

4 Likes

I would Return it and keep the handmade for another baby that would be coming.

3 Likes

I would give them to the baby :slight_smile:

Return them. Sell what you made. Move on.

1 Like

I’d donate to a women’s shelter

Be the better person and give them to her

1 Like

Return the ones you can. Send the ones you made if you can’t use them. Otherwise, just send a card.

2 Likes

It’s for the baby, send it anyway :slightly_smiling_face: she’d probably end up feeling bad all while you still remained good :blush:

3 Likes

I would but that’s just me. If she’s already a drama queen, being pregnant is obviously going to amplify that :sweat_smile: I would give it to her as a peace offering and if she doesn’t respond after that, then let it go :purple_heart:

1 Like

I wouldn’t give them
If you just brought something then I would but something you specially made should go to someone that will appreciate it

1 Like

Return what isn’t handmade, give the handmade stuff. It’s a gift though and she can decide what she wants to do with it from there. You did a nice thing.

2 Likes

Are the gifts for the baby or her? If they are for the baby and you made some of them for the baby, maybe give them to the baby. Or, like others suggest, donate them, return the ones you can and move on.

Let it go,if she wants to believe the worst then let her be her own worst enemy,donate the baby things to a woman’s shelter believe me that gift would be a pure blessings to a woman in need

7 Likes

Fu&& her return it to the store or sell them

4 Likes

I’m always wary about people who don’t give context like this lmao

2 Likes

Return them. Donate or give the handmade items to another family/friend with kids.
I am not sure how angry she is with you, but I would be worried that she would just discard those handmade items. Why not give them to somebody who would appreciate them!

2 Likes

If you’re never gonna be friends with her again, don’t bother with the gift.

4 Likes

Donate it to a homeless shelter.

2 Likes

23w along here and definitely you should return it. Gift the handmade item to someone who deserves it. Being pregnant is never an excuse to be a shitty person to your friend.

It depends really. Was she always a good friend to you? Is it a relationship you want to keep? Because sometimes people are toxic and leave your life for a reason. You are not obligated to give her anything, despite people telling you otherwise, or saying “its not for her, its for the baby”, which translates directly to being for her regardless, in the sense that its hella expensive, so something like a new stroller set or something to convenience a portion of caring for the child. You aren’t obligated to do that, but still doing it would be nice of you. Not doing it would be deserved. What road are you trying to take though, ya know? Is this relationship worth allowing yourself to be momentarily walked on and is biting that bullet not gonna make you regret it later? Because if you ask me, if someone cut me off that way when I’ve already explained and apologized and they still decided to act like that, and go as far as to uninvite me and unfriend me, I’m returning that shit & buying myself something nice 🤷🏻 If it were my best friend though, or someone I care about or care enough to allow myself to be disrespected like that and bite the bullet,is say they’re pretty important to me and id definitely give them that gift.

Girl bye. Everything I could take back and get my money back, I would. Things you had made that perhaps have the baby’s name on it, find someone with the same baby name and give it away. No need to spend your money on someone who’s petty for no reason at all.

5 Likes

Return what you can and sell the hand made stuff on market place

Yes… its for an innocent baby that has done nothing wrong, give the baby gift…

3 Likes

I would give it to her. It might make her regret acting like she did.

3 Likes

Who where you buying the gifts for, her or the baby? Be the bigger person with a kind note enclosed apologizing once more for the misunderstanding and if you can advise her of why and whom the remarks were aimed at.

Leave it alone, she’s pregnant Mayb hormonal probably uncomfortable possibly over sensitive (she has much to worry about) Who knows but why antagonize a pregnant woman.send the stuff or keep it either way Mayb cut her some slack.#PregnancyIsHard :woman_shrugging:t2::pray:t4:

4 Likes

Nope. Don’t even question it especially since you apologized

2 Likes

Something similar happened to me and I took everything back that I could and kept what I couldn’t and then gave to someone else eventually! Some people are very RUDE!

She Is Being Petty Not YOU Get Over Her She Would Have Understood A Friends Explaination

I would still give to her… the baby wasn’t involved… it’s for the baby so I would give it to her…

1 Like

I would give them to her. They’re for the baby and the baby is innocent and didn’t do anything wrong.

2 Likes

Absolutely no way would I give the gifts to her….especially since you apologized and got NO response! No way in hec would I give her the gifts! Specially handmade ones! Take back what you can and try selling the other stuff….if you can’t sell it then hold onto it for the next shower…I’m sure there will be more coming down the road at some point……she lost the privilege of nice gifts when she chose to unfriend and ignore you….and no, the gifts won’t make her realize how she has been behaving…she will take the gifts and run….prob no thank you to boot!

4 Likes

Give them to her anyway.

Screw her…find another mother that can use it and be grateful to have it!

2 Likes

If she did all these things i would definitely not give her the things. Return the items and dont spend money on people that doesn’t deserve such things by the way that treat you.

2 Likes

Save it for your next friend’s baby shower. Or your own, if you’re wanting that for your own life.

Lack of response shows how much she respects you. She doesn’t get the gift. In my opinion.

2 Likes

I say pass on the blessing to someone else. I mean, I know pregnancy hormones can be bad, but still no reason to be a female dog. I had 3 kids and was hormonal but never in that sense.

1 Like

I’d donate it to your local family services🤷‍♀️ that way a baby in need still gets it I absolutely would not give it to the mom though

1 Like

When they go low we go high… Give them to the family.

Save it for the next baby shower you’re invited to!

I’d give them to her with a graceful :heart: you’d be teaching her something.

give it to someone else. plenty of pregnant people around

2 Likes

Donate to a baby/family in need.

4 Likes

Give them to her anonymously, and one day if your friends again you can tell her they were from you

People always get pregnant! Give it with a good heart to a less fortunate deserving, grateful mom, perhaps even a stranger! That mom will tell the child of the kindness of a stranger and hopefully instill in that child a little more of what this world lacks

4 Likes

Refund or give to someone else

Well personally if I’m uninvited to a event I’m not sending a gift. In this case I’d take everything back and only send the personalized items. I would send the personalized items just to be the bigger person instead of tossing them. But I definitely wouldn’t give the costly gifts I would return them. It’s hard to say because there’s a lot of context missing but based off this I’d do what I said above.

Her hormones are all over the place, giving it to her is enabling. It’s like rewarding bad behavior.

Don’t return it or give it away. You made it for the baby. You didn’t make those things for the female in the story. I’ve had this happen before and still sent the gift to said persons house because at that point, I was looking out for the baby and not her. You made and bought them for this child, you should give them to the baby.

3 Likes

Return what you can and gift what you had customized. Think of it as it being for the kid and not necessarily mom.

1 Like

I’d donate it to a youth group for pregnant teens.
They always need donations.
If ppl want to act that way, stop entertaining them. Block and move on.

3 Likes

I’d give her baby the gifts. Xxx

You got the gifts for the kid not the mom. I would give them to her just not on the day of the shower and move on with your life.

2 Likes

Depends on if you feel it’s a deal breaker? Are you walking away from this friendship? Are you hoping that you can fix things? If you’re looking to fix things, give the baby shower gifts. If not, then return what you can and donate what you can’t.

1 Like

Take back what you can for sure if the items you made aren’t personalized than save them for your next baby shower someone who will appreciate the effort

1 Like

Be the bigger person and send these gifts. As people said, the gifts are intended for the baby.

1 Like

There are a lot of very unfortunate single Moms that would be very grateful to receive these gifts. I would seriously consider giving the gifts to someone that is appreciative of your efforts to give freely.

3 Likes

Return it or find someone that really needs it.

1 Like

100% not . Get your money back, she already put you through so much

1 Like

Return the gifts u brought nd give her the stuff u made as a peace offering lol

4 Likes

Give it to someone else donate something

I would donate the things to someone in need of them

1 Like

If she was offended it means that something about you doesn’t sit right with her. Her emotions and hormones are amplifying how she feels about things and it’s probably not going to settle down for a while.

Hold onto the gift and see if she comes back with an apology. What was it that you posted that offended her? Might be worth reflecting how the way others (even your friends) perceive the way you interact with the world. It’s not their right to dictate what you can and can’t do, but it is their choice whether or not they want to maintain a friendship.

You could always message her to talk about the situation, but you would have to be open to actually hearing her out and understanding her when she explains her thoughts and feelings. If she’s not open to you in the same way then leave it be. Donate the gift.

2 Likes

Id she didnt understand and accept your apology she isnt a good friend in the first place. Save the gifts for someone else that may be expecting soon.

1 Like

I’d send it to her. She may end up realising she was being unreasonable

I wouldn’t give her crap. Return the gift.

2 Likes

Don’t make jokes to hurt people and start calling her drama queen. If she blocked you she wants nothing to do with her, respect her and stop gas lighting her.

4 Likes

Nope. She will get all she needs for her new baby at her shower. Save your money :moneybag:

1 Like

Go get your money back.

1 Like

After the first sentence: f that b I t c h

After the rest of the post: f that b I t c h

2 Likes

Return what can be returned and donate the handmade stuff to someone in need or a hospital. Real friends work their problems out

3 Likes

I’m one that would usually give it still and just let her have time. If she doesn’t come round and talk it out then what ever

1 Like

I’d hang onto the stuff for a bit and see if she has a change of heart , if she doesn’t before baby is born I’d regift the stuff or return it .

2 Likes

It’s for her baby so yes I’d still give the gift

Get your money back.

I’d return the gifts and give her nothing.

1 Like

Honestly, I’d mail the gifts to her. You bought/handmade the stuff for the baby and not the mother. They baby should get his/her gifts even if you and the mother are at odds right now. That’s what I’d do, but we all have different opinions.

5 Likes

Nope I wouldn’t give her nothing. Get your money back to the ones you have brought and hold on to the handmade ones

1 Like

Just give it her pregnancy hormones can turn you into a emotional touchy mess… show her you’re still a good friend even when you’re not on good terms… I would anyways I’m guessing the present is for the baby anyways

2 Likes

You don’t get to decide if she’s being dramatic you obviously hurt her feelings enough for her to uninvite you. You sound all about yourself & your “ money “ send it back problem solved

I wouldn’t give it to her cuz she’s obviously feeling some type of way she might not even want anything from you anyways get ur money back and just leave it alone

I think the fact that your at a tie with the decision is almost showing you to take the right path of gifting the gifts, I feel it means a lot to you that you made them because you made them with love and you still love your friend and her new baby to come. It might be what maybe mends the situation or show you took the higher road in the end are still there to be friends when she’s ready cause pregnancy sucks. Just try not to let the baby shower it’s self get to you because it’s only a day and there still lots of other days to gift.

2 Likes

Nope, it’s toxic, return the gifts or give them to someone else.

I only give gifts once the baby has arrived safely and not before most unlucky, and to be honest I think it’s a cheek having a baby shower so people will bring gifts!

Id still give the gifts. A misunderstanding can be fixed and then you’d feel bad if you don’t

4 Likes

I’d maybe give the handmade items since you’re already out that and return what you can

3 Likes

Ask mom if is it okay to give the baby the beautiful blanket you have been knitting for months. You put a lot of love into making it. You want the baby to feel that love. Hopefully mom too.

Return the ones you bought and donate the ones you made to a hospital with premies.

2 Likes

Gift after baby arrives if mom is no longer a drama queen. Otherwise donate to hospital or 2nd hand stores.

1 Like