Should I still give a baby shower gift?

Would you still get a baby shower present if the mum of the child to be unfriended you,

Backstrory is i got unfriended and uninvited to a baby shower recently because the chick was offended by something that wasnt even aimed at her, i spent a lot of money on her baby shower gift would you still give to her or return items? Some of the items i even hand made so im out of pocket a lot now. Shes such a drama queen wasnt even directed at her in anyway and i explained and apoligised, she didnt even respond now im just like do you even deserve these gifts? Whats everyone else thoughts am i being petty??

47 Likes

I would return the items you bought, or donate them. If you reached out to explain it wasn’t meant for her and still apologized that’s on her. For the items you made maybe try and sell them or donate them as well. Or if you have another friend who will need them.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I still give a baby shower gift? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

Return it get the money back

2 Likes

Get ya money back, baby! Do something special for yaself!

Save it for someone else that will appreciate it

4 Likes

Get your money back and sell what you bought that was customized

I would return what you can and give what youve handmade. It was made with love. She doesnt deserve a present. But its not for her. Its for the baby.

8 Likes

Return what you can. Gift her what you’ve made.

1 Like

Just give it to her you already made the effort so you are the bigger person

4 Likes

I would return what you can and just still gift the personalized items you made.

4 Likes

Nope give them to another baby

Hell no. Gift to someone else or return what you can and save the others for someone else.

Definitely don’t give the gifts to her!

Nope return what u can sell the rest

Give it to someone else in need or Facebook marketplace?

1 Like

Return what you can and give her the stuff you made with a note, maybe there’s a serious misunderstanding, sending her the stuff with a friendly note might help patch things up, but def take the other shit back.

Save it for your next real friend who has a baby

1 Like

Maybe just wait a lil bit the situation might turn around, maybe it’s the hormones who knows lol

5 Likes

Who knows the truth?

Nope, she’s not a friend and deserves nothing. She can provide for her own baby. If she’s that petty then she most likely wouldn’t even use what you got her in spite (especially the homemade gifts).

4 Likes

I say give the baby a gift cause the baby didn’t do it :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Return what you can and just walk away from all that mess.

3 Likes

I would return the gifts seeing it’s not like she was just upset she unfriended you and uninvited so there’s no reason to give a gift. I would give the handmade ones to someone else or sell them online

4 Likes

Give the handmade gifts and donate the others

Return what you can and post the things you had made on market place

1 Like

Heck no!!! She doesn’t get a thing.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’d give the gifts . There will be plenty of others who would value and appreciate your friendship and
Gifts

1 Like

You can always donate to a woman and baby shelter! A lot of woman leaving difficult situations don’t have much on their backs when they arrive to these shelters and those gifts would mean the world to someone who has a lot less. Do whatever you want to! If you would like your money back you are more than entitled to! However, if you are still looking to brighten a mother in needs day, you’d be doing them such a blessing :heavy_heart_exclamation: I’ve donated a bit of my own children’s stuff that they don’t wear or use to a woman’s shelter. Meant to world to me to see a struggling mother smile at those small things I never used anymore :heavy_heart_exclamation: xoxo

2 Likes

Return the gift and walk away , I mean run from that friendship…. Wasn’t a friend to begin with

If the items aren’t personalized you can donate them to the hospital and the nurses will pass them out to the new babies there. Where I deliver a group of older ladies makes blankets for all the new Borns and donate them.

1 Like

If you’re not my friend you get nothing- I think her unfriending you made it very clear — she isn’t . Return and purchase something nice for yourself

4 Likes

You don’t need her! She already let you know how she really feels about you. Actions baby actions! Move on. Her loss… yall clash anyway. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can’t like certain people.

I would return what I can and then sell or donate the rest

Nope. Sell them as a bundle gift or return them or donate to a mom in need who’s deserving

1 Like

Donate it! And straight up get away from all that crap :v:

1 Like

Anyone who has ever been pregnant knows how hormonal you can be. I would still give the gifts. Its not the baby’s fault and thats who the gifts are for. If you two were truly friends im sure things will sort themselves out!

5 Likes

Return all you can. Either give the handmade items to her or to someone else.

Pfftt. Nope…give them to someone who will actually appreciate them

1 Like

Return what you can and give away the rest.

I don’t think she’d appreciate your gifts…. I guess I would hang onto them and give them to the next baby being born… why invite the drama back into your life…

3 Likes

Return! Especially if you apologized and she still wouldn’t hear it.

Return, sell or give it to another mother who will appreciate it

Hell no! Return what u can, regift what u can!

Return what u bought … Make a gift basket of the hand made items nd raffle it .

No. dont give to her. YOU ARE READYBFOR NEXT BABY SHOWER!

2 Likes

Okay so as an opinion of someone who’s GONE THROUGH THIS… quick back…was a friend in a group of us (5 of us for over 6 yrs…would do dinner movies shopping etc all together when we could get a day off together). One girl was moving so I planned the entire dinner and the gift! Went the MOST out of pocket for extras tips etc to make the night special. She got mad cause couple days before dinner we all go out shopping for outfits FOR SAID DINNER. Chick of honor picked a shirt… I gave the opinion she could find something better suited… which I’ve done a dozen times before when shopping and vice versa! She unfriends. I still go through with dinner and gift. She left that night without so much as a pleasantry. Haven’t spoken to her since :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Gifts come from the heart

I wouldn’t give her shit…let her buy it herself…smh

1 Like

Take back what you can. And try and sell what you can’t. I wouldn’t give anything.

2 Likes

Kill her with kindness, my mama always said (as hard as that was/is). :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yea give it to her-
Walk away the bigger person- it never fails

1 Like

Return what you can and I’d say donate the rest to like a church or women’s shelter. Her loss will be someone else’s gain.

2 Likes

Could it be pregnancy hormones and all that as to why she is being more dramatic than she should be ?

Your call but being pregnant three times, ive never been that upset with someone that I unfriend them. Lol so her loss

Take back what you can, and then if you want to kill her with kindness give her what you can’t return. She will either see she was wrong or she won’t. Either way you haven’t lost as much as she has.

1 Like

Be the bigger person. Some gals while pregnant have raging hormones and pregnancy brain.
Give or send the gift’s. When the dust settles things can change again.
Good luck what ever you decide.

Give them. At one point you felt it was the right gift for her and you may not know what else she has going on in her life. Give without expecting anything in return and know you provided more for the little on the way .

2 Likes

Nope, return it and maybe sell what you made

Give her handmade stuff it will make her feel like :poop: but only if you still want to be friends

Save it for your baby and say sorry again and move on

Save it for the next shower.

1 Like

Yep. Be the bigger person.

Be the bigger person and kill em with kindness.

2 Likes

Return what you can…give her what you can’t.

2 Likes

Think of it this way, it’s not for her technically it’s for the baby, I personally wouldn’t spite the baby because of the mother… especially if I had already bought the gift(s) I’d still give them cause being kind is better than being bitter, especially in a situation like that where there’s a new life involved, also she may just be like that rn cause she’s hormonal. I know when I was pregnant with my first I tripped over the stupidest of shit, I look back now and honestly regret ever acting crazy like I did over nothing cause it was so uncalled for & definitely was not me at all, but we all live & learn, I for sure have grown since then, my point is maybe she’ll eventually come around & be more adult about things. Goodluck❤️

Nope. I’d take back what I could!

Still give it if you’re the bigger person :slight_smile:

1 Like

Depends on whether or not you want to reconnect. But why would you right? Return or sell. Her loss for being a spaz.

1 Like

Return what you can and get your money back what you cant give to her or if you dont feel like that donate it or sell online

1 Like

Keep it for the next baby shower.

1 Like

What if you give her the items then she throws them in the trash? :grimacing:

I’d look for someone else having a baby :woman_shrugging:t3: Some poor mom-to-be out there would probably be super excited to receive it!

6 Likes

Women can be emotional when they are pregnant their hormones are all over the place be the bigger person and give her the gifts I’m sure y’all can work it out later on down the road when her hormones ain’t all out of whack

1 Like

Return what you can, I wouldn’t give her anything.

5 Likes

Donate the gift, wouldn’t give it to her.

1 Like

I would throw them in the trash before I gave any of them to her. Take back what you can. Donate or sell the rest.

If she unfriended you, isn’t talking to you even after you apologized over something that had nothing to do with her and uninvited you to the shower… absolutely not. I would return the items I could and hold onto the stuff you made for the next baby shower… or even donate them to a local nicu or shelter if possible.

9 Likes

She’s being petty not you. I would just ignore her and return what you can to get some money back for things you need. The hand made things could go to another friend baby ?? 🤷

2 Likes

If she wouldn’t even respond to your apology over a misunderstanding, that you truly didn’t have to make, I’d take the loss and give the gifts to someone else who could use them. Possibly even donate to a women’s shelter.

2 Likes

Return the gift! You owe her nothing! Not even an explanation!:+1:

Be the bigger person.

1 Like

Return the gifts and save the handmade ones for someone deserving.

6 Likes

The baby has nothing to do with it :pleading_face: I personally would still give it to her

1 Like

Give it or sell it to someone else and Return everything else you bought.

1 Like

Don’t give her shit!

I would still give it to her. The world needs more kindness. There’s no gain in reciprocating the bitterness she is showing you. Don’t let her ugly get into your heart. If you don’t wanna give the gifts directly to her, give them to someone who can pass them to her.

I would still give her the gift. It’s for the baby

1 Like

I’d give it to her personally. Or have someone you know give it to her from you. Maybe she’ll feel bad and apologize. Plus it’s for the baby anyways

2 Likes

Just curious what was so bad that she unfriended u

2 Likes

Honestly pregnant women are so emotional… If it’s a gift for the baby, the baby shouldn’t miss out because Mom was having a hard time. I say be the bigger person and drop it off with a note. When her hormones chill she will realize she was wrong and likely apologize. And if she doesn’t do well you helped a baby out, so good for you!:heart::heart:

2 Likes

Am I the only person here who feels like there’s more to this…Keep in mind that she’s pregnant and hormones are always all over the place. But return what you want because that’s what you’re going to do anyway, if you reconcile later on you’re gonna feel like shit :woman_shrugging:t2: whatever you made Im sure you can sell it somewhere if it’s not personalized.

Well, whatever you said must’ve been offhand anyway so maybe what you said was offensive no matter who it was directed at? I mean…. Look at your post… It sounds like you’re not someone to genuinely care about how you speak to or about people to begin with. I’d send her the gifts with a letter apologizing once again and letting her know you’re available when she’s ready to reach out. If you truly cared for the friendship, you’d give her grace. We all face different struggles, it’s important to remember that there are things going on behind closed doors that we don’t know about. What you said could’ve been really insensitive no matter who it was aimed at. I would do some self reflection and if at the end you still feel that she’s being over the top, send the gifts and wish her and baby well and leave it at that.

1 Like

I’d give it to her just to make her feel bad for being mean :rofl:

3 Likes

If she’s this petty she probably won’t use the gifts you give her anyway just because she’s like that, or they will remind her of you. Cut your losses and return what you can.

4 Likes

Return what you can and sell the handmade items if possible. If she’s that petty, you don’t need the drama mama in your life

2 Likes

If she’s refusing to acknowledge you and respond to you I’d say fuck it and return what you can and maybe donate what you made to another mom in need. Or you could hold on to them and see if maybe she comes around but is she really worth that?

As much as everyone is saying she should be the bigger person and give her the gift and the gift is for the baby the baby got nothing to do with it, will she use the gift? is the real question. Some people got bad hearts I’d personally would not give her the gift rather return it or give it to someone that will use the baby items don’t let it go to waste.

2 Likes

You aren’t doing it for her. It’s for the baby. Be the bigger person and give the baby her gifts.

1 Like

Return and give what you handmade to a mom in need

3 Likes

Id return what you could. Then I’d give the handmade stuff to someone else. Oh well. Her loss.

1 Like