Should I still give a baby shower gift?

Return them and sell the homemade stuff online

Why would you give her a gift ? You arnt friends obv.

3 Likes

If nothing else donate the gifts to your local women’s shelter. They could definitely use baby stuff

I would return what you can and donate what you can’t. She sounds immature. She had better grow up soon bc she needs to start acting like an adult & parent

1 Like

I wouldn’t give them to her. Either a.store return or save it for another baby to come along

No either return or gift to someone else.

1 Like

Yeah, take bck what you can. Wait until after the baby is born & her hormones subside to see if that’s what’s making her crazy. Make another overture and ask to see the baby. If things improve, at least give her the handmade gifts. If not, well I guess you lost a petty friend.

No your not invited which means they don’t want you or your present dear. Save it for the baby shower you’d be invited too.

2 Likes

I’d still give them to her…the gifts are for rhe baby and if yall really friends you’re going to talk again and your going to feel bad you didnt…if this person is really someone you care about give her a little grace…pregnancy is a hormonal scary mess and her lashing out or taking offense even if not meant for her shows that she’s clearly going thru some things emotionally…sometimes you have to love people more on the bad days…good luck whatever you decide to do…:sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I still give a baby shower gift? - Mamas Uncut

Nah, that’s weird . Return what you can and save what you personalized. Maybe if she comes around and apologizes give her it to her buy chances are she’s not thinking twice about you.

24 Likes

Honestly, I’d give it to her. Just drop it off at her home and leave. You bought it/made things for the baby to be. It’s not the babies fault their moms a twat sometimes.

23 Likes

I would still give it. Especially the handmade items. Obviously if you went through all the trouble of hand-making items and spending a-lot of money, then this person is a close friend and important to you.

#1 It is not the babies fault

#2 Women are EXTREMELY hormonal while pregnant. Maybe that is why she is being a “drama queen” as you said. I know when I was pregnant it was sometimes hard to control my emotions and I would get angry over the stupidest things.

#3 If she really is a good friend of yours, you my regret it later if you choose not to give the gift. Fights happen… every type of relationship has them. You may be angry at each other now but in the future you may be friends again. Don’t let one argument ruin things. If you know for certain that you did not offend her by what was said/done, then be the bigger person and do the right thing. Give the gift.

18 Likes

I guess I look at this differently than others. My biggest pet peeve is when someone unfriends me but also unfriends my child. I know this one isn’t born yet, so you may feel differently,
But truly this shower is for the baby. You’re buying the baby a gift, not really the mom.

18 Likes

No one needs a friend like that. Return what you can and just go on and enjoy life with the friends that you have. Since you’re uninvited to the shower, I think that pretty much let you know that you nor the gift is welcome.

15 Likes

I’d return the purchased gifts. If the handmade items are incredibly personalised I’d drop them to her house with a lovely note. If she’s a decent human she will thank you. I’d be wary of her as a friend even if she apologised. Sorry this happened to you, losing friends is terribly upsetting.

21 Likes

Give the gifts it makes you the better person and now the ball is in her court. Her move next.

12 Likes

The petty was on her part. I’d return or find someone else who would appreciate it

9 Likes

Give it… personally I would, the shower is for the child not the mother… I never take my petty out on a child

10 Likes

I wouldn’t give them to her. She probably will just throw it away

11 Likes

Return for sure. Be done with her we adults don’t have time for drama like that. Sorry

9 Likes

I would not do it. Don’t make it weird by dropping it off…return it and just keep what you made or donate it. If she unfriended you and took back her invite, she is setting a boundary. I know it’s hard, but I would respect that by moving along. It wasn’t the sturdiest relationship if it was that easy for her to throw the friendship away. Instead of asking if she deserves presents, maybe ask if you deserve someone in your life who can’t even hear you out or communicate. And there are people saying the baby is “innocent” and “deserves gifts anyways” but that baby will be taken care of and doesn’t know who gave what to it. If I don’t want someone in my life, or my child’s life, I wouldn’t want to receive anything from that person or have that feeling they can use my child to be petty. I’m sorry that happened to you and I hope you have people in your life who enjoy your company. :heart:

10 Likes

No, I wouldn’t. I would block her everywhere and move on with my life. Return what you can, donate what you can’t.

19 Likes

You could hang on to it for she is pregnant and hormones are usually pretty bad, she may come to realize that she messed up and jumped to the wrong conclusion…

5 Likes

Girl eff her wait til somebody else has a baby or donate it

4 Likes

I would take it back. Just me personally

6 Likes

She’s being petty. Return or save for another friend down the road if possible. She doesn’t deserve it

3 Likes

I would give them to her it’s for the baby not her the baby is innocent

2 Likes

Then again if she doesn’t want to be your friend would she even keep the gifts. I would try to talk to her see where her feelings are now

1 Like

I’d give her the things you made, but send everything else back.

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t give it to her. After all that drama she won’t appreciate it anyway. Cut your ties and losses

1 Like

I honestly would return what I could and donate the rest if you’d like so it’s not wasted.

1 Like

If this is “typical behavior” on her behalf, then the choice is up to you to continue to deal with it, let alone give her the gift still.

Other than that, don’t make excuses for her. Pregnant or not, it’s not an excuse to act any sort of way that isn’t legit.

Honestly, I’d return the items. The way I look at it, giving it to her is like “rewarding” her for her ill will behavior. Nah, I’m good.

I would still give the gift. Blame he hormones and be the bigger person.

1 Like

Keep them for if she decides to stop acting like a brat then give her the gifts lol if it’s an ongoing thing just give as gift when baby born and drop off at their house. :woman_shrugging:t2::crazy_face:

1 Like

If it were me? i would return the purchased goods and probably put the handmade items for sale on facebook. Being pregnant is not easy with all the mood swings and whatnot, but that doesn’t mean you can just unfriend and uninvite people who sees you as a real friend. We adults have a lot going on, and petty people is the least you should think about. Even if you drop it off, she wouldn’t appreciate it for sure. If she’s a decent person, she would explain or ask you about why she is affected about such things.

3 Likes

If she’s that blue over something petty would she even appreciate your kindness and gifts, probably not.
Do you want her to have them for baby? If not then sell your time and effort and return the rest?
Update when you decide? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: x

Definitely return the gifts and the ones that you made, sell them!

2 Likes

You are being childish.
Be the big one, give the gift but only if it is coming from the heart.
All that silliness sounds like two little teenagers fighting over a guy…Grow up, ladies.

If you can’t be at peace with her the gifts will be used to hurt you. I would not give them. I wouldn’t say anymore to her. Shake the dust from your feet, ask God to help you not to hold grudges and walk away from it. Never accept a friends request from her again. Let God direct you.

If you’re not dealing with her, you should leave it alone. I’m not going to let my children accept anything from someone who I’m not cool with

return what you can. it can always be purchased again later. give the handmade one for when she comes around and let’s you know when baby is born. if she doesn’t then that isn’t a friendship. but by the sounds of it she might throw it out if you were to give it now.

1 Like

Sounds like kids fighting just stop of you want the friendship if you don’t give the baby the gift n stay away after that

Def give the gift, it shows that your a mature adult, and perhaps your pregnant friend was just very grumpy.

I guess it depends on whether the mom will actually keep the gift for her baby or if she is just going to throw the gift away.

If she will reinvite you. Or drop it off day of party and maybe she will feel better. Have you tried calling her

Return it or give it to another preggo friend. Don’t let her treat you like ish then chalk it up to hormones later. That is not ok

Even though it’s rotten on her side…I always try to be the better person ,and always feel much better about myself

They’re for the baby not her, I would still give it to her.

It sucks but just let people go that cause drama. You will grieve the friendship for awhile but you will be better off in the long run

I’d give her the personalised bits when she has the bub and save the rest for someone else

Return everything and get ur money back. As far as the home made stuff keep it for future babies that come.

I would return the purchased items she sounds petty enough to try to sell them honestly. The hand made items if they are personalized for that baby I would hold onto them and see if the Mama to be grows up then maybe give them to her. If they aren’t personalized I’m sure someone else you know will get pregnant and be super appreciative

She’s pregnant and hormonal, I’d give the gift tbh maybe she’ll see all the time and thought and realize dramas not worth it

I’d return the items u can and just send her the items u made and can’t return

1 Like

I’m a petty B. I would take back anything I bought and regift anything hand made to someone who would appreciate it.

If your able to send love out in the world how can it be wrong? Respond to hate with love…

It isn’t the baby’s fault! Give the gifts!

If you are not invited to the baby shower, don’t bother. Don’t waste your time on people like that.

1 Like

Return the gift. You don’t need friends like that. Drama is over rated

1 Like

You can give it to her but will she use it or possibly return or sell it out of spite?

Am I the only one curious about what you did👀 and did you apologize or just say “I’m sorry you were offended it wasn’t even aimed at you!” (Which is not an apology btw)

Be the better person. Give her the gift you put so much time and effort into. Your conscience will be clear.

It’s more so for the baby than the mom. Don’t “punish” the child for something the mom did.

I’d just keep. She’s probably not going to use, just keep the drama going.

Return them. She doesn’t deserve them

Donate it to another mom in need

Id return the purchases because theres no way i am going somewhere Im not welcome. Respect her choice.

Give her nothing & block & delete…life is too short …choose you :blush:

Im petty… i would return what i could and sell or give away the other stuff :see_no_evil:

Yes, if you want to keep the friendship. No, if you don’t. There’s plenty of pregnant ladies around to gift the items to.

Donate. She don’t want anything from u.

I wouldn’t give the gifts,they could end up in the bin,so best you keep them.

You’re no longer invited, therefore you’re no longer expected to show the courtesy of giving a gift. I would return the store bought items and the hand made items would be donated to a GRATEFUL mother in need.

1 Like

Give her the gifts for the baby, since they are for the baby. Congratulations, good luck & goodbye.

First thing first… are you even invited anymore?

If not then there’s your answer.

Give her the personalized gifts and then return what you spent. Win, win.

return the store bought items and give her the handmade items or donate them to another baby

Pfft, go get your money back gurl!!

How long have u known her?

Definitely wouldn’t give to her

2 Likes

Return the items and give the handmade ones.

Unfreinding sucks however people act like children. How about donating to a baby charity. Im sure someone would be way more appreciative then someone who is not … Good luck :+1:

A girl I called my sister just did this same thing and I gave her her gifts and cut ties with her. I’m not taking it out on the baby but definitely won’t be having her around in my life. Its their loss that were gone. they’ll realize it sooner or later F*** it :woman_shrugging:

If I unfriended someone I would not want a baby shower gift from them.
That said, would I take it, yes.
would it be donated because I don’t want to be reminded who gave it me, absolutely.

Be the bigger person .it’s for the baby anyways and avoid her in the future :joy:

Forgiveness isn’t for the other person. It is for us.

I’d return it or keep it until I could give it to someone else.

I would kill her with kindness and send it anyway xx I had a falling out with someone whilst they were pregnant sent flowers when the baby arrived it opened the doors for communication so glad I did it now xx

I could go either way here depending on my mood lol
On one hand, i could be extremely petty and keep the money for myself.
On the other, if i were to send it anyway, itd be to show the dumb betch that im a bigger person than she is.
Either way she’s still a betch.

Whatever you paid for the gift is what knowing what she is cost.

No!! Take it back
If she can’t talk to you or discuss the issue then she doesn’t deserve anything from you…

Return the purchased gifts. Don’t give it another thought. Next.

No. What you can’t return donate or sell.

I would. Kill them with kindness and love.

4 Likes

Id be the bigger person and still give them x

2 Likes

Yes give it. It’s for the baby. The baby didn’t unfriend you.

2 Likes

Hell No lol return it she wont even thank you for it if you give it to her.

1 Like

No. She is no friend.

1 Like

This is only wat I would do , I would give it to her if she would even accept it bc I didn’t get it for her I got it for the precious baby n the baby hasn’t done anything to me or anyone else