Should I stop sending my child to his grandparents?

I use to get hit with a belt I’d take a hand tap any day. Quit being over dramatic. It’s a tap not a hit.

2 Likes

This the reason why school shootings are happening on a fućkin daily!!! These kids walking around robbing people, breaking the law, raping, murdering people !!! Cause of parents like you. Raising they kids to be weak. Kids need their aśš whooped!!! Discipline does wonders, try it some time!

Is this post for real?

3 Likes

It obviously did not hurt your brat.

5 Likes

Just Wow!! And we wonder what’s wrong with the world today??

6 Likes

No baby sitter for you

3 Likes

Lol i feel this is either attention seeking like hey look at me i dont "hit my child or you are most definitely overreacting

1 Like

He 'tapped him not beat him. Geez granpa told you and apologised. I feel like you owe grandpa an apology for making this a big deal and upsetting your grandparents

5 Likes

A tap seriously! Be thankful they are alive and in your kid’s lives!

4 Likes

Honestly I think you are over reacting

1 Like

Leave that man alone. Gonna make him for horrible for a little hand tap and not let him see that baby?? 4 year old are hard and I assume since they’re your grandparents they’re much older. They were raised different from us. So if hitting isn’t a thing in your house then it probably startled your little one enough that he won’t. Your grandpa apologized. Sheesh…

2 Likes

Teach your kid to obey and a tap won’t be necessary

5 Likes

Really for a tap on the hand

1 Like

This is definitely a joke …
It’s gotta be!.

Yeah, don’t take them there, for your grandpa sake! Let him have his solace!

3 Likes

I have a 3 and 5 year old! Your over reacting for sure!!! Id send your son again but tell grandpa your not comfortable with the smacking, don’t forget they grew up in a different generation where smacking was apart of discipline

1 Like

The thing is you’ve expressed your feelings towards any kind of “physical” punishment correct? And if the grandfather did it without thinking (which is the main thing for me), it means that if he feels he does something worse later and it warrants an actual spanking, he won’t think before he reacts. Otherwise I’d think it wasn’t a huge issue, but not thinking about a disciple action beforehand would also make me uncomfortable but I have certain triggers that make me uneasy about actions before though.

I hope nothing hurts your feelings in the next year when he starts school if a tap on his hand is enough to hurt your grandparents over

7 Likes

A slap on the hand is not abuse. I’d say you overreacting. Just being honest.

1 Like

All these people saying to stop overreacting. No one lays a hand on your kid. Don’t care the generation. Or reason. It’s great he apologized…but what about the next time…

18 Likes

Definitely over reacting

It’s not like he pooped him in the mouth

Yes there are other ways but maybe kid didnt listen i think u are over reacting as grandparents we are tired n have our own ways of keeping our house maybe its best to be with ur child when visiting grandparents

1 Like

Seriously a tap on the hand after he continued to not listen… Never keep your children away from grandparents thank your lucky stars you have them in your life…

5 Likes

Maybe teach little love not to touch pop pops plants. :slightly_smiling_face: I know momma me don’t like my plants being messed with either. Yes this is excessive.

I am sooo anti hurt your kid man. But this seemed almost like a knee jerk reaction. Was your kid even really phased by it? I’m sure this wasn’t a slap or anything. I feel bad for your dad seriously.

2 Likes

Geesh. Your making this to big of a deal. Children need discipline. There’s nothing wrong on what he did.

4 Likes

It’s called discipline, he learned didn’t he? Maybe you need to reevaluate your thinking because you’re not doing your kid any favors. Get real!!

I have two kids and both of my boys have been tapped on the hand when they don’t listen after I have spoken 3 times and tried to redirect them… they still alive and not harmed…

Be grateful that your kids have grandparents around that want to spend time with your child… do you know how fortunate you are… don’t take your child’s time with them away… no one knows how much time we have left on this planet… don’t be petty…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t leave my child with someone who puts their hands on them. I said what I said.

3 Likes

Lady, keep your kids to your own house!

2 Likes

Overreacting. A tap on the hand is NOT abuse :woozy_face::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

All I can say is my goodness this is what’s wrong with kids right now THIS!!

14 Likes

You’re in for a rude a** awakening with how people are going to treat your child once school starts, lmao.

He tapped him on the HAND. Jesus, man. Chill out.

2 Likes

You gonna cut the poor kids grandpa off for that?! Think about what you’ll really be teaching your kid.
You cut family out of your life when they do something wrong, even though they apologize say they are wrong and feel badly? Don’t be surprised when they do it to you one day when you’re old and you do something they don’t approve of.

5 Likes

Urgh please just a tap and you are going loco i wonder what you will say for my mum who twisted my ear when I did wrong at that age. :joy: :joy: Or my dad who took the belt for me and my siblings… I ended up fine.

3 Likes

Well aren’t we overreacting about a lil Pow Pow

1 Like

Teach your child to listen the first time and then they won’t need to get tapped on the hand… trust me I’m against someone smacking children too but get over yourself

2 Likes

Yes you are overreacting

6 Likes

Over a slap on the hand? He apologized. Chill out.

1 Like

This why children grow up to be ungrateful brats stop overreacting

12 Likes

So if your child does something wrong, acknowledges it and apologises are you then going to continue to punish them for the rest of their life? Because that’s how ridiculous this situation sounds, I agree with them respecting no smacking but they have explained it and obviously feel bad what more do you want from them!?

2 Likes

He’s sorry and acknowledged it was a knee jerk reaction. It sounds like he will be more mindful moving forward. Old people seldom grow, so when they do we must encourage it. He’s trying, work with him. Give him the time he needs to adjust and grow. It was just a tap on the hand that isn’t that bad. I’d give him a chance.

4 Likes

My mom told me from day one that if my children are at her house, it’s her rules. If I didn’t like that, then I didn’t have to send them to her. She demands respect from everyone within her home. She has never beaten them or hurt them but if they have gotten out of line she has corrected them. Your house your rules but you can’t run other peoples houses as well. Your child or not. Accept it or don’t.

12 Likes

Maybe you need to teach your son that no means no then. So when they tell him once he gets it.

6 Likes

Maybe you should tell your child since they don’t want to listen about not touching things such as the plants that they know not to, that now they can’t see grandpa and see how they feel. Because honestly, it’s the kid not listening causing the issue. Then you keep your kid with you til he can follow rules and directions. So grandpa doesn’t have to tap hands for kid to listen

36 Likes

Tapped? Let it go. Be grateful you have family and can get some down time.

3 Likes

I kinda get where you are coming from… I’m trying to teach my 2 year old and sometimes she’s soooo stubborn but tapping or slapping a hand just causes her to hit, so that doesn’t work. Spanking her butt doesn’t work cuz I’m after her booty butt all the time, pinch n smack n all that just playing so she doesn’t see that as anything and I’d rather not spank either. Sometimes though, there’s only one way to get her to stop something and that means doing Something physical. I tend to just flick her forehead lightly. It doesn’t hurt but it Defin gets her attention and she’s not able to do it back.

That being said, I’ve told my mother (who when I was a child was abusive to my brother) not to physically reprimand my child. She slapped her hand the other day and I reminded her of this…. Here’s the difference…

My mother’s response was that if the baby does it again she’ll slap her harder next time…. She wasn’t sorry… she doesn’t listen to what I say or why I say it. That was her response.

Your gpa response was “I didn’t mean to and I’m sorry”. There’s your difference right there. Unless there’s past abuse to worry about or if they do it again and are disrespectful I’d let this go as a one off.

Please do not torture your grandparents.
I am more then certain they are and will always be a huge support system to you as a parent and for your child who they would love immensely. A tap will do not damage, physically or physiologically. Maybe your child may have just learnt not to disrespect his grandparents plants.
I understand your upset in the sense of not being a “smacker” and not wanting someone to “smack” your child. But this doesn’t sound like that. And I do feel there is a massive difference. Please be gentle with your grandparents. They grew up in a different generation to us, entirely. They’ll still be learning themselves.
Just communicate and heal.

3 Likes

The fact he felt bad and apologised I’d let it slide. If it was more than a tap on the hand then it’d be different

8 Likes

You’re definitely overreacting. A tap is NOT abuse. And sorry to say but this gentle parenting bs that people are using nowadays is something that’s going to end up backfiring in the future. You could learn a lot from that generation honestly.

23 Likes

What if it was a cactus :cactus: super overreacting

4 Likes

Yes, you are freaking out! I would give anything for my kids to have grandparents

2 Likes

We have another shooter on our hands :man_facepalming:t4:

5 Likes

You are over reacting. It is not like your child was abused. I was raised by my grandmother and i was spanked as a child. And you know what, if she was alive today i would thank her for it because it made me realise that every action has a consequence. And I feel that children today who dont get dissiplined( not abused) grow up to be responsible adults who dont go shooting everything and everyone up.
#justsaying

18 Likes

This is exactly why today’s younger generation is so messed up. No discipline from parents!!!

25 Likes

as a mom who also uses respect to raise a child instead of hitting them, I see where your coming from.

HOWEVER, we have to remember our parents and grandparents werent raised that way. His reaction was to smack his hand bevause that’s how he was raised and how he raised his kids. Old habits die hard. He apologized, and knows you don’t handle things this way. Which means he’s clearly not intentionally defying you and therefor would be willing to correct it. So I def think this is a 3 strikes and your out type of situation. Tell him how you would’ve handle the situation so the next time your 4 y/o is being a turd (because all kids are turds again eventually) he can do it your way. And just clarify if it happens again, you won’t feel comfortable anymore.

My toddler smacked my newborn once and every thing in me wants to spank his little tush. I literally grabbed his hands and just made eye contact for a solid minute bevause I had to fight the urge to yell or spank him. That’s just a response from how I was raised. But hitting a kid for hitting a kid makes no sense, right?

You’re being dramatic AF. Get over it. They acknowledged the wrong doing and apologized. It’s not like he beat your child to death.

8 Likes

A tap? Oh, brother :unamused: Put your child in a bubble and YOU watch him. Overreacting is an understatement, for sure! You’re blessed to have your family help you, it takes a village​:heart: you don’t like it, do it yourself :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

My grandma had a switch that would reach across the room. We all learned to listen and are now well rounded adults with families - I think your 4 year old will be fine.

4 Likes

That’s what wrong with kids today!! They don’t get “tapped” enough!!

14 Likes

Let him go over their

So you’re going to punish your little grandpa who didn’t mean to and also apologized… You’re overreacting… I do not whoop in my household but my child’s hand has been tapped by my parents… I didn’t blow up over it as it was a little tap and my kids are still alive and very well and happy. I didn’t punish my parents for it in that way…

1 Like

Sounds to me, like you need to learn the difference between Discipline and Abuse ……
kids act like fools and need to be taught lessons. Sometimes listening is hard and sometimes a little backhand is more effective.

Grandpa did nothing wrong.

11 Likes

Yes you are over reacting. You are taking a relationship away from your child.

4 Likes

Omg tapped??? Over reacting

3 Likes

It takes a village to raise a child …you need to stop being defensive when you family is teaching your son …

1 Like

Omgosh ! Seriously ??!! Remember this when they don’t want your kid around anymore because the little shit doesn’t think he has to behave or listen to anything they tell him !

1 Like

Watch your own child at your own place…easy

7 Likes

Did the kid do it again?

If no then your being emotional let the men take care of it

If yes then your not following through on punishing your child for poor behavior.

Next time he’s acting up you ask him if you need to call grandpa

2 Likes

This is why we have so many disrespectful ass kids and mass shooters these days. Because of parents like you. A tap? Get over yourself

Oh no. Not a tap. Time to file an abuse report.:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Over reacting… I still might automatically tap a childs hand too… I don’t believe in spanking but… really… it’s drilled into us… just like tapping shoulder… hello? Not a spank.

It’s an attention getter. A redirection. Not any form of abuse. Not only that he apologized. I’m sorry but punishing them over something like that will only hurt them more. If he was told more than once to stop and didn’t seems like he doesn’t get told no often at all. So he doesn’t really know what it means. 4 year olds know by then what no means or stop. So I’m on grandma and grandpa side on this one.

5 Likes

Yea and you raise a child that thinks they have NO DAMN REPERCUSSIONS FOR THEIR ACTIONS, lives a bitch and they better learn

He said it was an accident and apologized don’t take him away from his grandparents he needs them as much as they need him.

2 Likes

I think you’re way overreacting I’m sure he kept your hand and you lived through it why would you deny the child his grandparents? You are way overreacting

3 Likes

She was not expecting these comments if this is a real DM :joy:

3 Likes

Smacking a child on the hand is the best alternative rather than smacking their behind witch takes more effort and is more harder so a tap on the hand will not do any harm. I understand you have a no hitting policy in your house hold but it was at you mum and dads house hold if your dad smacked his hand and td you about it thank your lucky stars. Most would not tell you a thing it’s their house their rules. But sure ly he has appolergised just talk to your parents it seem you have a good report with them ok we all do things on tne spurre of the moment or muscle memory. Forgive and forget I guess that’s what you do in your house just let it be known you do not like it and you don’t want it to happen again.

You are overreacting really

3 Likes

Good for you for standing up for your child & your parenting choices.

I would not stop visits totally, but I would make it very clear no hitting means no hitting, tapping or whatever they want to call it… Or they will stop totally.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with raising your child without hitting. :sparkling_heart: Keep doing what you are doing.

It’s funny these people will grandparent shame for giving a cookie that the parent don’t allow, but feel free to hit a little kid because they didn’t comply :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

6 Likes

You are overreacting, children need their grandparents in their lives

5 Likes

I’m gonna be the odd one out and respect that you don’t hit in your household (I don’t either) and I’d be a little uncomfortable too at first. But as long as it’s a “tap on the hand” like you described, and he even mentioned that it was a reaction and he apologized for it, I’d honestly let it go. Maybe have a conversation about how it needs to not happen again if you feel that’s needed, but I think this isn’t worth a big argument, let it go the best you can and respect that he was remorseful.

6 Likes

See, now I don’t think a tap on the hand is a big deal….BUTTTT if it is to you, then so be it. If he apologized than let it go, there are many children who don’t get to see/know their grandparents, be thankful every single day that you have grandparents that a) are alive to love you and yours, and b) play an active role in your life.

Nah, I’d let them see them again but I would make it clear we dont hit children.

1 Like

? ? ? ? Oh my. Good job Papa!! Relax, Mama.

6 Likes

How ridiculous. He probably needed his hand tapped. Grandpa did Nothing wrong. Get real.

8 Likes

You’re overreacting 10000000 percent.

7 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with what your grandfather did. Your child is old enough to attend Kindergarten but doesn’t obey when he’s instructed to stop touching the plants in someone else’s house. That sounds like YOU need to work on teaching him boundaries & consequences. He should’ve had some understanding of the word NO long before now. If you don’t want to - that’s fine. He’s your son. When he turns 18 yrs old, he’ll learn them in jail. It’s your choice.

9 Likes

Grow up urself and learn to discipline ur child bc if he was told even at four he should know how to listen kids need structure and discipline or they think they can do whatever they want

6 Likes

You’re lucky your child has great grandparents still. I’d give anything to have my grandma back and be a part of my daughter’s life. But yes, you are over reacting.

6 Likes

Jesus. There is absolutely no hope for our future.

5 Likes

I used to be a mom who didn’t believe in giving a tap on the hand or a whop on the bum, but after seeing therapists and psychologists, I was told, a non harmful tap won’t hurt every now and then

2 Likes

A tap once is not a big issue, especially if they are good grandparents. You have to decide if it’s worth removing them from your family’s life.

1 Like

You need to chill I’m a grandma and I’m the only one allowed to discipline my grandkids
And trust me they appreciate the discipline.
Ion think grandpa would seriously hurt him

My daughter knows there are consequences to her actions if she doesn’t listen. She knows there are consequences if she disrespects me. Therefor, she listens very well and is generally well behaved. She has her moments just like every other child but it’s not often I have to get on to her and it’s rare she gets popped/spanked whatever you want to cl it these days. It’s rare because she listens to me and if she doesn’t she has to face the consequences. It sounds like your child disregarded your grandparents. Maybe work on teaching your child how to use their listening ears before cutting off your poor grandparents.

3 Likes

Leave ur kid with the grandparents you don’t deserve him

4 Likes

Well you need to have your child trained to set in a corner when they come to visit, which is not realistic. Grandparents more than likely did not raise you the way you raised your child, If they popped them on the hand. So stay with your child when you visit your parents so you can control how they behave and what type of punishment is appropriate.

1 Like

When that 4 year old turns into a 14 year old and comes at you sideways, your gonna want to do more than tap…js. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes