Should I tell my boyfriend he may not be the father?

If there’s even a slight chance then yes you should tell him. What kind of question is that even

Tell him asap but make sure you have an escape plan if you live together. When the baby comes have him take a test in the meantime try and track down the other guy so he knows and have him tested as well

Wow! I can’t believe you would even want to keep this a secret. Your boyfriend has the right to know and so doesn’t this other man and obviously it’s going to cause hurt feelings but you will need to do a DNA test when the child is born!! Sounds like the boyfriend needs to walk anyway since you were even considering keeping it a secret because you never know what could happen and what if when your child is older it gets sick or need a certain blood type and you’re not a match but the father could be and you’re sitting there knowing that he might not even be the father. And he will definitely resent you for keeping it a secret because this isn’t just a little secret!

1 Like

That man didn’t mean shit to you in the first place if you can sleep with someone else RAW in just a week. Tell him it might not be his, that shouldn’t even be a question.

It is his business if your pregnant and unsure who the father is. If he truly loves you he will work through it but being pregnant to keep a man esp being untruthful is wrong.

1 Like

If you have any morals then yes tell him, if not then you’re a real POS

3 Likes

I think you have the moral obligation to tell him that there is a chance that child should not be his.

2 Likes

Secrets do come out sooner then later I would be honest with him and Tell him straight up u can get a dna test done on the baby if he decides to leave he leaves but u have to be honest with him

“Women” like you will never make sense to me. Nasty as hell to even consider keeping that to yourself. You made your bed, grow up and tell him, if you don’t you’re a real pos.

5 Likes

Why are some people not using any protection?
I would tell them both, there is a DNA testing before the baby is born and that’s going to cost over 1k.

2 Likes

Jeez, I see a lot of judging and shaming here when she didn’t come here for that or ask for it… tell him the truth — I know it’s hard but it’s the best. I wish you the best, it will all work out in the long run.

4 Likes

Every child deserves to know who THEIR Mom’ and DADDY… tell him, Now…

1 Like

Well yeah obviously. The fact that you would even consider not telling him says a lot about you

Using the baby to basically keep him,is disgusting.You need to step up and do the rigjt thing and tell him.If you don’t and he finds out later down the road,that’s going to hurt him a whole lot more.

7 Likes

Dafuq… Women like you give good women a bad rap… dafuq VAGINA up n tell the mother fuckin truth

If you want a relationship with the man, then tell him the truth!! You did nothing wrong (ONS) but how you move forward matters.

1 Like

I am disgusted in the amount of cruel things I have been reading on this group page and this tops them all so far. He has no business in what you did the week you guys broke up? If his baby is possibly in you or not he has every damn right to know. When you become a mother, the first thing you need to let go of in yourself is the selfishness. It’s NO LONGER about YOU or how you may feel. It’s about that baby. And that baby deserves a father, and the father deserves to know if he even is a father. Thats fucking huge. You grow some balls and step up, and tell both of them they may be a father. Then do a DNA test when baby is born. Problem solved. Next time you take a “break” with your significant other I recommend you use some type of birth control. It’s no longer about you or how you feel anymore. All of that goes out the window once you become a mother. Good luck. Please do what is right.

1 Like

Ewww, imagine if the roles were reversed

Girl you better be honest. It’ll come to light one way or the other anyway.

2 Likes

Tell him. How could anyone be so cruel to let a guy think a child might be his if it isn’t. Didn’t take you long to step out so at least have the decency to be honest

9 Likes

Just be honest,
He deserves to know.

1 Like

Straight up tell him

You need to tell him and get a DNA test, the sooner the better or you just create more drama for you all… Find out how soon you can get it done as you don’t need to wait until the baby is born and it’ll take stress off you to know ASAP.

2 Likes

Why keep that a secret?
I know this guy that took care of a baby for 3 years even after they broke up, he was paying child support then finds out the child wasn’t his and he was so CRUSHED. He thought he had a daughter and she flat out lied to him even though she knew who father was. Do be that person. Tell him and put you ducks in a row.

22 Likes

You can’t build a relationship on lies

3 Likes

I just seen this same post like 2 days ago

Yes you need to tell him regardless what will or could happen. He has a right to know if there’s a chance he may not be the father. That’s very wrong and very very selfish of you to want to keep this a secret. Really sounds like the boyfriend should find someone else that have morals and wouldn’t lie or keep a secret especially this kind of secret. I don’t agree with lying at all but especially this. I agree it’s none of his business what u did when you were broken up but he REALLY deserves to know if there’s a chance the baby isn’t his. You really need help for even thinking this is ok. You are messing with someone’s life and heart just because you don’t want him to leave. Selfish

3 Likes

Tell him the truth and get a DNA test done.

1 Like

Dont be a pos. Tell that man. I honestly h8 people that think this way. Just for even considering it, i can tell what kind of person you are. Trying to let a man love and believe a kid is his when its not (cmon lets be honest, your luck aint that good, its not his). Yes a man can love a child as his own, but in this situation, you shouldnt force or even ask of it. Silly goose.

5 Likes

Even considering not telling him makes you a certain type of evil imho.
You know how many men have ended themselves after finding out years sometimes decades later that the kid they’ve been raising/loved want theirs?

1 Like

am I really reading this correctly!! WTH?? Asking if you should really not tell a guy that thinks the baby is his that it may not be his!!! ughhh ya youuu think!!! That’s some scandalous a** s***

4 Likes

So you lied to him and entrapped him with a baby that may not be his, to get him back. And now you’re worried about it?
Tell the bloke the truth, he deserves better.
You seem like a crazy b!+ch

2 Likes

Whats wrong with you. A 1 week break up and you sleep with another ?? You need to tell him the truth. Don’t drag this out…and 1 more thing…him staying around cause you’re pregnant is a piss poor excuse to stay together…this relationship is over either way…

6 Likes

It astounds me how people don’t use protection these days…and don’t you come at me and tell me that even with condoms, people can still end up getting pregnant…yes I know that but those are just a very every small percentage of the population. Every turn I take, people are getting pregnant left right and centre from one night stands

7 Likes

Unless you wanna end up on the next episode of Maury I suggest you tell BOTH of them immediately. They deserve to know who the dad is so they can decide to hopefully support their child whether it’s your boyfriend’s kid or not the father deserves a chance to make that decision. If you’re keeping the secret to make him stay it is not doing justice for anyone it’s only going to hurt everyone in the situation including the child. Tell them.

2 Likes

Keep your peace & walk away from the fallacy of a perfect life. If you feel like its not his then its not.

Let your boyfriend know and let him go.

My husband was placed in this situation 27 years ago. He has no father. He returned back to his non-biological son at 4 years old. No one has told the son the truth.

I can’t intervine.

Don’t force someone to live in your lie.

Let main boyfriend know, and let him decide.

My husband’s non-biological son got to keep his name.

I am now pregnant with his biological son. And its very very hard on me. I am at the drs once a week. I am sick. And my husband and I are still in shock its a boy.

I gave him his biological children, not the woman who prefers we all live her lie.

1 Like

Keep your legs together

12 Likes

How would you feel if the roles were reversed.
Tell the man!
He has a right to know.

3 Likes

Damn talk about hoe mentality a week? Hope he bails asap.

Take it to the grave :joy:

7 Likes

in a relationship trust is a big thing he has every right to know that baby may not be his it doesnt matter if he walks away do not try to trap and trick a man into staying pull up your big girl panties and tell him

5 Likes

A relationship built around such a big secret is one doomed to fail. You can’t build a trust filled, happy relationship whilst lying to his face about the possible paternity of the baby. Yes he may walk, but would you really want him to stay just because the baby MIGHT be his?

1 Like

F it… you might be snitching on yourself!!!

You really gave a damn about him to begin with didn’t ya. Now look at ya… 2 baby daddy and no clue which one it is. I kinda hope he leaves your ass.

They have tests now days to check without doing an amino. You do a blood draw and father would do a swab. Or I believe (don’t quote me) you can determine by blood type. So if you know what your boyfriends blood type is and what your type is they can do a non invasive test to determine baby’s blood type. And you can do basically a “process of elimation” unless both fathers have the same blood type. But not sure how that works fully.

1 Like

Obviously you should tell
Him :laughing:

This is the type of shit that I don’t like… don’t play with the baby’s life baby is more important you need to know who’s the father don’t play around because there’s a lot of women who do this and it’s unacceptable… you can do a DNA test even when you’re pregnant… sorry for being harsh but I know loads of friends who been through this and it’s not nice…

What on earth! Tell him!

1 Like

You don’t tell him and hope it comes out looking like him

2 Likes

If you don’t tell him you’re straight mf :wastebasket::wastebasket::wastebasket::wastebasket::wastebasket:

7 Likes

The bf & the child deserve the right to know. Tell him asap & get a test as soon as the baby’s born, if it’s not the bfs start searching for the one night stand guy.

What if the bio dad dies after your child finds out from going hospital and his not real dad doesnt match blood type for a transfusion and your child didn’t get to meet him or get that blood transfusion cause you hid it? #sodramaticsyndrome I know

Tell him, now! Don’t be a sh@t person. The sooner the better!

2 Likes

If you don’t know the answer to this question I pray for this child because they have to have you as a mother TF :exploding_head::weary:

I’m assuming you didn’t use protection with this man and you don’t even have his number :sob:

It becomes his business bc there’s the possibility that he thinks this child is his which is obvious :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

If you didn’t use protection then it is most definitely his business. And if you’re uncertain about the date of conception and it might not be his child that is his business too. He thinks you’re together because of the child. He definitely has a right to know you have doubts about his paternity.

8 Likes

Wtf is wrong with you? Not with your man for a couple days and your pregnant??? You need help!!! This poor man!!!:broken_heart::flushed::person_facepalming:

7 Likes

Secrets always come out, may not be right away but then how will you explain to your child that her dad might not be her dad and that also you have been lieing to EVERYONE!! just do the right thing and fess up get a DNA test and let old mate make HIS decision. dont be selfish

3 Likes

Isn’t there a paternity test that can be done invitro or is that too risky on baby & you? Maybe look into your options and find out now before heart ache later. It really isn’t fair for him to fall in love with idea of baby being his if it isn’t. That will just be more hurtful later

4 Likes

First off you really need to find out who the real daddy is for the sake of your child. Secondly, if he only came back because you were pregnant then he didn’t truly come back to be with you. If he would leave without knowing the truth again he’s not there for you. Have a test done (do not have an amnio) find out and if he’s not the daddy then he deserves to know the truth just as the teal father does ad well. Once you get pregnant and have a baby, that baby I’d who you need to be worrying about. Not if your bf is going to leave you.

13 Likes

This one is pretty dang simple. Tell the truth. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I dont understand how people gamble with a one night stand…be honest with the guy, or it will come back to bite you

2 Likes

He absolutely needs to know god you split for a week and you was getting laid nah you are totally in the wrong and if you was gagging for it that much from a stranger that you dont have his number says everything … you have 1 thing to remember you dont tell your partner your gonna have for the rest of your life on your mind its not fair on anyone be honest and suffer the consequences dont be selfish and think life is gonna be great would your partner have even come back if you wernt pregnant you have some serious thinking and decision making to be made good luck xx

4 Likes

Mmm yay. Keeping a guy with pregnancy that only wants you because of it​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::crossed_fingers:t3::heart_on_fire::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

Like what​:eye::lips::eye:

What a slut. I don’t even know why I’m even wasting my time here

My Mother had a dress just like this, though it had a layer of pink somewhere under there.
I just LOVED that dress!
Wonder where it ended up.

1 Like

I went through this when I was pregnant with my daughter, I told one night stand guy first. I told my son’s dad from the get go that my daughter was most likely not his, Jr choose to stay through out my pregnancy, but we split for good after my daughter was born

Simple…tell him. He will most likely leave the relationship. You need to also tell the one night stand, too. Please don’t be selfish. Your going to have to start over…scary, I know.

No… you need to tell him now. If he walks away, hey… its the truth and he has every right to. It will destroy all of you in the long run more than you know. Be honest today. Stop being selfish. You’re involving not only him, but his entire family who will be expecting a new family member.

How selfish can you be to lie about something like this for your own personal agenda?

4 Likes

Tell him and be honest. Get a DNA test when you can.

1 Like

2 things you can do tell him now or get a DNA test now with the rebound guy. Since you don’t think you should tell him about the hook-up if the baby is not the rebound guy you may not have to tell him (boyfriend).

You HAVE to be honest. The baby deserves to know their actual father

1 Like

You need to be honest but a red flag for me is he is only back because your pregnant he obviously doesn’t want just you

10 Likes

You should most definitely tell him

1 Like

Don’t tell him, what he doesn’t know won’t hurt :joy:

You were broken up for a week & you jumped into bed with another man. Your relationship didn’t mean anything to you in the first place. Now he’s with you only because you’re pregnant. You need to break up for good. Get a paternity test as soon as baby is born. If it’s his just give him the baby. You can’t be an affective parent with your poor decision making.

14 Likes

Dam you should have been using protection first you do need to tell him that you slept with someone else so you would need a test onec the baby is born to find out if it was his or the other guy but kinda sounds like you probably know it’s not his since it was a week with someone else even if it was one night talk to your doctor if you’re not Shure I mean I don’t know how whell you track your sycle

If you’re asking this question then I feel that you’re not ready to be a parent. A child deserves to know who their biological father is and the father deserves to know who their biological child is. You slept with a new man right after break up which means you never loved this man anyhow. He also never loved you if he walked away and only came back for your pregnancy. I’d say don’t lie to the man and co-parent while being single vs staying together just for a child.

28 Likes

Yes & get a dna test.

Definitely should be known for medical history reasons & getting a DNA test at child’s birth is good idea

2 Likes

Good lucky this will be a hard one to do.

You have to tell him!

So you can’t find the 1 night stand and you are afraid to tell your boyfriend he may not be the father? :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: that’s a bad situation. I feel for you ,but you have to fess up!

Umm…both have the right to know they could possibly have a child… tf???

3 Likes

Obviously ain’t his if you shagged another guy think about it

Be totally honest. If he walks away then it’s his perogative

Didn’t take you long to open your legs says what sort of person you are. Hope for his sake he’s not the farther and walks away.

6 Likes

You are absolutely wrong to try and trap this man with a child that may not be his. You need to take responsibility and tell him the truth. Save all three of you, plus the baby, years in court and thousands of dollars in legal fees by being honest now.

17 Likes

Starting this with NO judgment here just advice! Though it may not be his business it has resulted in something that definitely is his business whether the child is his or not. You should tell him, you have no idea the pain it could cause him to find out after he’s put in the work and grown attached. He has every right to make his own decisions based on the most accurate info you can give him. As for you I’m sorry! I know this is very difficult for you and your torn and don’t know what to do because you have so many emotions over it and over the fact that you may not have help in the end BUT it’s best to do what is right. You will find your way and your baby will be loved nonetheless. It may not feel like that now but it will come in time. Best wishes to you :heart:

12 Likes

Girl… do not make that man happy to be a daddy if it’s not for sure his child. And do not take the opportunity away from the other guy if it’s HIS kid. Tell them both. Get a DNA test done when it’s born. Tricking a man into thinking you’re having his child so he stays with you is pathetic.

13 Likes

You tell the truth before you mess with everyone’s lives. Do you want to be the mom that gets shut out bc your kid took a dna test (that are super common these days) and finds out they have a different daddy? And your only excuse is this BS? For your partner even if it isn’t the BF to distrust you. All this will do is turn out badly for you. This is your BF business all day every day. You’re trying to play with his emotions and money bc you can’t be honest. Your relationship will always be a lie bc this is your foundation.

I hope BF is smart enough to get a paternity test no matter what you lie at him.

8 Likes

Well what you did is now his business because it may not be his and you need to tell him for a DNA test for medical history of that child as that is what a reasonable parent would do. If it is his and he leaves hopefully he will still help raise and care for his child but that doesn’t mean he has to stay with you. If you say nothing this will aways be on your mind and put a strain on your relationship if you both stay together. It is a mess but a mess that deserves the truth

9 Likes

Keep your mouth shut and say nothing. No sense in causing all the drama, hurt feelings and feelings of inadequate. And if down the road he wants paternity tests go quietly until you find out the truth yourself. Big chances are the child is his anyway. No sense in causing problems where there probably isn’t any.

8 Likes

sorry to say, my opinion, if you really loved your BF & you were only split up for a wk & you slept with someone else, You just might not really love him, Which also means you might or should not be with him. But hey, this is your life…good luck, Enjoy your baby.

7 Likes

Yeah you tell him the truth.

You need to tell him. Even if the baby is not his & you don’t tell him what if the baby has no physical characteristics of either of you. It may be none of his business what you did when you were split up but stop thinking about yourself. You obviously don’t love the bf if in a week you slept with someone else that quickly :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Dont be that person…he has a right to know.

2 Likes

I think it would be better on all of you if you tell him now, if he walks away now? Okay, you figure it out. If he walks away after baby is born? That’s already an emotional hard time all alone. I would rather not be left after I have baby, possibly have ppd, and be in pain. If it doesn’t come out til baby is 3-4, baby will be hurt by it, you will be hurt by it, he will be hurt by it. I think it’s overall better to tell him now.

1 Like

U have to tell him. U shouldn’t want to be with a guy just for a child anyway. U deserve better and so does he. All this crap about knowing DNA is bull shit there are plenty of ppl that don’t know there bio parents science really has come a long way. Honestly being that u are asking means the reality of child may not be his is getting to u. Good luck. U don’t need a man to raise a baby u got this

Nope you cannot hide this from him absolutely disgusting if you do !

I was that secret. Don’t do that to your kid

3 Likes