Should I tell my friends daughter that her family isn't actually related to her?

I don’t know you, but I hate you for the absolute audacity of this. Gross.

2 Likes

No way in H!@# should you. Tell her how dare you
Maybe the little girls family has reasons for not telling her
That’s there right
You have no business telling her anything
Keep in your own business
And you will find life better
Like everyone else said Mind your business

1 Like

Are you bored??? Seriously why does it even bother you? Nunya business woman

3 Likes

I would not.

My partners family had their reason for keeping from my partner about his adopted dad and bio dad. Spent until he was 18 thinking his adoptive dad was his bio dad and his bio dad was his uncle .

The reason? He was super abusive and an addict who burned my partners sisters kitten alive becuase they left

It’s not your place to say anything

Mind your own business…blood relatives aren’t always family & sometimes strangers are more family than actual blood relatives… furthermore why didn’t you ask your friend. You don’t sound like a very good friend!!

2 Likes

That is 100% not your place, not your job, not your business.

2 Likes

Why is it any of your business? Do you even have any friends or family that you hadn’t alienated? What an awful thing to do

2 Likes

Literally NONE of your business :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

First of all, DNA means very little when it comes to making a family. Second of all, you are not a friend if you are even considering this. Third of all, I guess is that you want to have some kind of romantic relationship with this friend and I will tell you right now that will not happen. You are a disgusting person for even considering this.

2 Likes

It is absolutely not your place to tell that little girl anything. If her parents, yes parents, want to tell her then they will and it’s their choice. Keep yourself out of it and let them do them. You wpuld shatter her and being 13, we all remember those years… no absolutely not.

2 Likes

^^ yeah definitely mind your business on this one.
Even if youre coming from a good place in your heart, what good would it do?!
Family is not always what’s in your blood, sometimes it’s who chose you, and who you choose :heart:

1 Like

Am I the only one that got the vibe that OP got a crush on her “friend” and is REACHING for a reason to break up a happy home?? Girl, stay in your lane and mind your own business! Sounds like you need to work on your own demons instead of worrying about potentially wrecking a 13 year old girls whole world. Please take a seat somewhere.

5 Likes

Mind your own that’s up to them tell her not you !!!

It’s not your place to say anything! And why does it evrn matter?? Family is those who raise you and love you. Family isnt always blood. And doesn’t have to be.

WTF?? Mind your business. You have no say and right to make that decision.

2 Likes

It’s not your business so stay out of it. If and when they want to tell her the truth they will. At the end of the day they love her and she loves them and it’s the only family she knows. What makes you even think you have the right to get into their family business in the first place? Mind your own. You could ruin lives by prying where you don’t belong.

1 Like

No way! Why would you even feel the need to get in this family’s business.

1 Like

The thing with situations like this is you only have a piece of the information. You don’t have the whole story because it isn’t your story. It’s someone else’s. You would be best to mind your own business here. That knee jerk reaction to share what you know could very well cause way more harm than good.

3 Likes

Mind you ur business :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You should definitely not be the one to tell her.

1 Like

Not your monkeys not your business… stay out of it

Not your place to tell her anything so mind your business! TF

4 Likes

No. Why do you care? Not your business.

Why is this even a question?
Smh. Mind your business!

That’s not your place to tell her and very inappropriate and disrespectful if you do tell her. Her mom should be the one to do that.

1 Like

Why?..
Is this “family” here for the girl? Are they helping her grow? Do they love her like their own? Why would you even think about saying anything? You don’t tell a kid their adopted because you know and they dont?. Family isn’t always blood

2 Likes

Wtf is wrong with you that you feel the want/need to ruin a child’s family perspective? Just because they are not biologically related, does not make them any less family.

3 Likes

Who cares if they aren’t blood aslong as they love her like family that’s family

Not your place at all! Family has nothing to do with DNA!

No way. It’s not your place at all…wtf

I’m sorry but why are you sticking your nose in someone else’s family business?! Let it go… Its not your place to say anything!

1 Like

Mind your business, not your place

1 Like

Why would you even want to tell a little girl that the only family she has ever known isn’t actually her family? You would ruin her life. Mind your own mf business and stay out of matters that don’t involve you what’s so ever.

Maybe you should stay out of it, it’s not your place, things always having a way of coming out .

It’s not your place at all! No!

1 Like

Mins your gawd damn business. It’s not your place AT ALL

It’s been her family all along,why break her heart? That’s pretty mean

1 Like

No , why would you …

Is this a real ? Why the hell is it ur place u can’t be real!!

1 Like

Understand that if you do this, you will have to be accepting of the repercussions of your actions. Mind your business. That has NOTHING to do with you. Clearly you need to learn your place :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Personally I’d like to kno how you came across this information… and feel the need to break up a family that way :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:.

5 Likes

Where do you get the audacity?? Why would YOU tell her?? It’s not your place so stay in your lane

8 Likes

Stay out of someone else’s business!

2 Likes

How can you even think of being so heartless to a child? Do you go to daycares and announce that there is no Santa Clause?

1 Like

Some people can’t hold water, or a secret,

Be honest they know who loves them

No and you should absolutely stay out of it!

2 Likes

You should mind your business ! They will or will not tell her when they want.

None of your business to tell. If they want to tell her they will. You don’t know what problems could happen by telling her that. It’s not your place keep out of it

2 Likes

Not sure how this is any of your business in the first place? & what makes you think it’s your place to tell this child anything?

4 Likes

Not your place at all. Stay out of it.

We had a situation where my fiance’s daughter was going to school with her half brother. Same grade. In marching band together and everything. They shared the same dad but different moms. His mom was lying to him his whole life telling him her boyfriend was his real dad. Then she got pissed when my fiance’s daughter introduced herself as his half sister. What mom just lies like that to her own kid?

I think you need to mind your own business!

It sounds like it most definitely isn’t your business. :expressionless:

You’re an asshole. Thats none of your business.

What is your reason for telling her? Will harm come to her if you do not? I do not feel it is your place to cause this child potential emotional trauma. If you choose to tell her, you better be prepared to get her the emotional support she will need.

1 Like

I would suggest someone tells her… for medical reasons and so she can choose how she feels.

I don’t understand why people lie to their kids about their parents. Selfish

1 Like

It’s not your place. Probably best to talk with the family. You never know how things like that are going to turn out. It’s a delicate issue

Keep your nose out of it Karen … that information needs to come from her mother only not you

2 Likes

Shes only 13? No this is a critical stage of her life, teens. Not your place and bad timing.

I agree with all the comments. It’s not your secret to tell

You have absolutely no business sticking your nose in this. Stay in your lane

1 Like

I had to actually read this twice because I am disgusted that anyone would even think that something like this would be ok to even consider. You should be ashamed of yourself and NO, you should not tell this poor girl anything. IT IS NOT YOUR PLACE!!!

8 Likes

While someone should tell her it shouldn’t be you. It’s up to her parents whether and when they want to say anything

2 Likes

The fact you think you have any rights to say anything makes you a horrible friend. Mind your own damn business

Do not tell. It is not your take to tell.

Stay out of it. Why would you think about telling a kid who’s not yours something like that. :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Omg :flushed::scream: Why would you even think it’s your place to say something??!!?? Butt out!!

1 Like

Omg don’t stick your nose into peoples business. Think how you would feel. Her family needs to tell her and at a different time in her life

Mind your business leave it alone

Do u just wanna hurt this 13 yr old girl for fun :slightly_frowning_face: sounds like family to me being there for her all growing up don’t have to be blood related to be a family and if she thinks they are family they must treat her as such

7 Likes

Keep your mouth shut. It’s not your place. Are you that miserable that you’d want to hurt a child?

Mind your own business

She’s 13 years old… She’s probably going through enough right now mentally and emotionally. Telling her this could really negatively impact her life…Just leave her alone.

1 Like

What the hell is wrong with you? Mind your business, she is a child. Wow

2 Likes

This shouldn’t concern you, please worry about your life and leave theirs alone!

1 Like

Stay in your lane. For real though.

1 Like

Why would that be any of your business to tell?

1 Like

Mind the business that pays you!

Not your place to tell her.

2 Likes

Nope. Mind ya business!

2 Likes

No none of your business

3 Likes

Not your place. If they want to they will if they don’t they wont

1 Like

No. Blood or not those people have been there. The child has puberty and school to worry about not who’s blood and who’s not.

1 Like

For one. That’s still her family. For two shut your mouth that’s not your place.

1 Like

No it’s not your business to tell. Let them tell her on their own time.

Technically it is her family blood or not! They raised her so why say anything?

1 Like

What the heck? How is it your place to tell this kid anything? I was adopted and it doesn’t matter who had you, IT MATTERS WHO RAISES YOU. Step back and mind your business!

4 Likes

Unless they stole her it’s not ur place

1 Like

What the hell would make you even think that you have the right to tell a child, THAT IS NOT YOUR CHILD, that their family isn’t their family?!!

2 Likes

That’s not your business to tell. My sister was 13y/o when a family friends child told her my dad wasn’t her real dad. It messed their relationship up. An adult can handle that news way better than a 13 y/o can and you should keep your mouth closed to everyone about it.

2 Likes

Apparently his family has no issues taking her in as their own… So maybe just stfu?

9 Likes

Mind your own business

4 Likes

Man… the summary question missed the mark. Medically speaking she should know her biological family history, relationship wise, they should before she ends up doing a 23 & me. Gently mention your view on it to your friend and leave it at that. But it’s a family conversation to be had, the daughter shouldn’t hear it from anyone else but her parents if they choose to. Especially if her stepfamily treat her as their own.

2 Likes

Note your business. And family isn’t always blood

4 Likes

Why would you do that? Is she your child? No so mind your own business. You are evil to think of doing that to a child. And you ARE NOT a friend at all

4 Likes

Not your place to say anything. She isn’t your child and if they want to tell her that’s up to them not you

6 Likes

What?! No. That is in no way your place or your responsibility. What are you thinking? They will tell her when and if they feel she needs to know.

3 Likes

Uhhhhhh no? That’s not even your can of worms to open! Shame on you for even thinking this!!!

4 Likes

That’s non of tour business. Stay in your lane.

3 Likes