Should I tell my sister her husband tried to get with me?

I’m definitely telling my sissy he wouldn’t have the second opportunity cause he was getting shut down the first time

1 Like

Aye this could go both ways. This is kinda hard because of course she deserves to know that her husband is being a slime ball and towards you. What’s saying he hasn’t done it to other girls. But also your sister could maybe not believe you and ruin y’all relationship. She does deserve to know though.

1 Like

I would take it to my grave

4 Likes

If your husband tired to get with your sister would you want her to tell you?

9 Likes

Tell her!!! Thats not okay yes it may hurt your sister but its better then her finding out on her own and being upset with everyone not just the husband your her sister you are blood she deserves to know especially from her own blood

1 Like

Wouldn’t you want to know if your husband was trying to have sex with your sister? I mean come on…if it’s not you it’s someone else. Save her some heartbreak down the road and tell her what he’s capable of. :woman_shrugging:

I feel like I would definitely want my sister to tell me if my husband tried to sleep with her! And would appreciate her for doing so, and sparing me from further hurt from this asshat

Don’t be alone with him & take it too the grave she won’t believe you … he will do it too again & she will find out … Choose your battles cause this can effect your whole family . It’s a hard one but some people won’t and will not listen x

4 Likes

Chances are of he tried with you he he will try with others or he already has. Tell your sister.

Depends do you have a good relationship?? Dont be around him alone especially when drunk. If you wanna tell her get evidence record him or something. If you dont have a great relationship it could end your relationship.

3 Likes

Stop with sleepovers! Don’t tell your sister yet, warn her husband once and for all.

3 Likes

She needs to know. If he’s trying to have sex with you, then you aren’t the only one.

Keep it to yourself but pull him to one side and say if he tries it again with you you will tell your sister .

4 Likes

Honestly I agree with those who say it depends on your relationship with her. Would she believe you no questions asked or would she go on the defensive and accuse you of doing what he did? It’s sad but more often than not when you tell someone their spouse tried to cheat with them, they aren’t believed. So, if you two are close then I would say yes tell her. Or just stop going over there when there is drinking involved and stop the sleepovers. Idk what else to say. Best of luck on what you decide.

1 Like

If u dont tell her, I just hope the next girl does … there will always be a next girl if you dont though

Maybe record it if it happens next time

Tell her, she is your sister, she has the rights to know what her husband is doing. If I was her, I would want to know.

1 Like

I’d want to know. So I’d tell anyone if thier husband did this.

Yes that’s most definitely something not to hide. Please don’t be the one that doesn’t tell her because of he tried with u odds are he’s tried other women as well. An wouldn’t u want to know if It was ur husband trying with ur sister.

I would put the ball in his court. I would have the conversation with him and let him know he has a certain amount of time to tell her or you will. If he is coming on to you , he is coming on to other females as well. He needs to man up and tell his wife that he is POS. If it comes to where you have to tell her make sure he is there when you do it and make sure your sister knows that you are there for her while she sorts this out. You also want to be there when he tells her so he doesn’t turn the story around to make it seem like you came on to him. If she finds out that you didn’t tell her your relationship will never be the same.

5 Likes

If this happened to me I would want to be told whether it hurt me or not, it’s not your fault he did that and I hope she will understand that I mean do you actually think you’re the first person he’s tried to get with?? He’s gotten REALLY comfortable doing it if he’s trying to get with someone that close to home so whether you tell her or someone else does in the future “HE’S” gonna ruin their family not “it” would ruin them but “him” ALL HIM

2 Likes

Tell her. Period.

She deserves to know.

2 Likes

Absolutely tell her thats your sister.She deserves to know.

Answer this question… would you want to know?

Tell her. Your conscience will be clear and she can choose to leave him or stay and ignore you for life. Either way, do your duty and tell her now.

You will not be the only one if he behaves like that on alcohol

2 Likes

Yes. Imagine how many other women he’s trying to sleep with. I doubt it’s just you

Flip the script. Would you want to know if it was your husband trying to sleep with your sister??

1 Like

Stop attending any activities with them where he will be drinking. Your sister will start to notice and eventually ask questions on her own. Be honest when she does.

1 Like

Tell her, is she finds out later by someone else she’ll feel betrayed by both of you

Tell her, and you and her have a plan… you will confront him in front of her!!.. because he’s going to deny saying he don’t remember he was drunk!!! BULLSHIT!!! BUT YOUR SISTER WILL KNOW IF HE’S LYING IF SHE’S BEEN WITH HIM THAT LONG!!!

I’m actually surprised you need to ask that question

Short answer
Spill your guts to your sister about it
And don’t hold back any details

While I agree you absolutely should tell her, be prepared for her response to not be what you’d expect. I told my sister of advances made by her man (I wasn’t the only one) and she said “he didn’t mean it” and then after notifying her of another incident regarding his infidelity she blocked me on everything and we haven’t spoke in over 2 years.

4 Likes

Before you do get proof first, 9 out of 10 times they believe their man.

3 Likes

Sis. Tell her. Absolutely.

Tell him when he is sober that if he comes near you one more time you will tell not just your sister but all your friends and family too !

11 Likes

Don’t tell and stay away from him at all costs especially when he’s drinking. It very possibly will ruin you and your sisters relationship. She knows how he is when he drinks they have ten years together. You could be blamed for the break up so just hang back and let them be. Tell him to his face that if it ever happens again or you see him do it to anyone else you will tell your sister, and being drunk is no excuse

Don’t accuse him just make it like it makes you uncomfortable if she could maybe talk to him

3 Likes

If he is trying with you, there is probably others,let her find out about him from the others if you tell her it will cause a strain on you all relationships.

2 Likes

I would of told her the first time around

3 Likes

If you tell her it could get her mad at you but on the other hand of he is trying With you how many other women have there been

You’re not obligated to cover up his terrible behavior. If he’s brazen enough to try with his wife’s sister, who else is he trying with? If this happened with my sister and she didn’t tell me, I would be pissed.

8 Likes

Was that a trick question? Yes you tell her!!

I agree have proof…then tell her… or threaten him but record the whole thing in case u need it later. This is hard… my sister slept with my kids father, I found out years later because my mother found love letters and I was devastated. Hurt. Pissed… she’s never admitted this… but ik it happened I seen the proof in black and white. It put a wedge between us for years.

1 Like

Uhm well yeaa, should of told her first time around, disrespectful

Why is this even a question? Who are you trying to keep happy? Your sister or her husband?

1 Like

eitherway smh that’s your sister you should have said something the first time what is wrong with you??

Tell her, she got a right to know all sides of someone she’s married to.

She’s your sister. Tell her, you aren’t the only women he’s tried this with, Guaranteed!

1 Like

Im so sorry but thats ur sister and unless u have a shitty relationship with her or u dont like her u need to tell her wouldn’t u wanna know if shoe was on the other foot who is she living with and think about ur nieces and or nephew who r they Living with what an example he is setting for them i don’t care if he was drunk thats no excuse she needs to be able to address this issue if he tries with u he would have the balls to try with others blood is thicker than water go talk to her good luck

1 Like

Keep it to yourself. She probably already knows he does stuff like this from other people. Or if she doesn’t then she will need you as a support source when she leaves him.

2 Likes

100 percent, tell her. Be prepared for her to get angry with you. That is quite possible, even through its not deserved. But just know, your doing the right thing

Been there, please tell her

Tell her. Wouldn’t u wanna know if the rolls were reversed???

1 Like

You have to tell her

I know it’s a difficult situation….but personally I would tell her. She deserves to know. I would wouldn’t be able to live with that secret on my shoulders . I think it would be worse if she finds out later from him or someone else later !

1 Like

I tell her you don’t feel comfortable being around him while he is drinking. He s a different person and trys to sleep with you when he is.

2 Likes

No. He is going to deny it. You will get the blame.

2 Likes

Confront him about it and maybe they should drink responsibly

You should of told her when it happened immediately, but yes tell her now

3 Likes

Dont worry about breaking their family, its not your fault. Its his and his actions. Let her know if she chooses to believe it or not is up to her but atleast then you’d have told her

4 Likes

This is a lose lose situation. If you tell her and she stays with him, then you probably won’t be welcome at her home again. If you don’t tell her and she finds out later she will probably never trust you again. Terrible situation either way.

11 Likes

If he is trying you and your the sister, just imagine what he is doing behind her back with other woman. She needs to know the truth and not live a lie.

12 Likes

Yes you should love your sister enough to never want her to go through something like that I would tell her immediately

2 Likes

I’d try to record it :woman_shrugging:t4: so you have the proof but at the end I feel like if you didn’t say something she would be upset because you didn’t. & then try to think you were going along with it.

4 Likes

That’s your sister! You should have told her the 1st time it happened

2 Likes

Please tell her never keep secrets if you have a close relationship with her be straight up

2 Likes

If you do just be prepared for her siding with him and cutting all contact with you :cry: ive always been the type i would wanna know so i always tell folks if i find out their significant other is cheating even if im not involved and every time it has back fired on me :woman_shrugging: she will eventually find out if she dont already know and come back around to talking to you but be prepared

6 Likes

I’m amazed you didn’t tell her as you were cussing him out.
I need to know how he rea ts the day after… Is he a jerk? Does he remember?
Whether or not I say anything would depend on how he acted the next day.
She’s your sister, you should be honest with her. Especially if he’s a dirt bag when he’s drinking. Just tell her your don’t want to be aeound him when he drinks.

He’ll probably turn it around on you unless you have or proof. Hopefully you’re sister won’t turn against you or not blame you. I’m sure you aren’t the only person he has done this to.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes. Tell drunk is not an excuse!

1 Like

Ask yourself this: would you want your sister to tell you if your significant other tried to sleep with her… more than once?

Being drunk is no excuse. If he can’t control himself when drinking, he shouldn’t drink. If he’s tried with you when drunk, how many other women do you think he has tried and possibly succeeded with?!

I would want to know!

2 Likes

Hopefully you’ll tell her. The decision is hers to make on whether she stays or goes. My aunt and myself told my other aunt (both sisters), that her husband tried to sleep with us. These were at different times of course. I didn’t know he tried to sleep with my other aunt until I went to her telling her what had happened. She then told me that she too told my other auntie. Well fast forward I told my aunt and I got the blame as well as my other aunt. She is still with him to this day, and that’s been over 25 years ago. Once her daughter reached (not his daughter) adult age he tried to sleep with her and she took his side! Blamed her for wearing XYZ and other things. Its put a strain on all of our relationships with her. Her sister passed and I’ll never forget her calling me before we buried her asking me if I ever slept with her husband. I was livid! How bat shit crazy are you? I said all of that to say this, no matter what I would tell her especially if you don’t like it just be prepared for anything… oh and I was just 16 when this happened to me. Her daughter was in her 20’s. I look at her so differently because thru all of that he has constantly cheated on her.

Shes ur sister should of told her straight away

4 Likes

Well u can but she will probably cut unout her life blame u and stay married I wouldn’t say anything I had this happen wh my cousins husband and I just dont ever see them anymore I never said anything but turns out he has hit on all the fam

2 Likes

Tell her!!! Why would you want your sister to be with a man who doesn’t appreciate her. If he’s trying with you he’s trying with others!

Tell her. If he’s trying to get with you then he’s likely tried to or have already gotten with other people.

Since u said he was wasted try go there when is is sober n see wat happens

Ask yourself what would either party gain from that info?
Nothing but hurt.
Take it to the grave

9 Likes

If I were in your shoes i would tell her. It’s then up to her to believe or not. But don’t hide something like that because the longer you do, the more damage it causes to her. If she decides to stay with him i would personally just distance myself from the situation. But the day of tomorrow when they split or are having fidelity problems it won’t be your fault. You did what you had to in order to open her eyes. Being drunk is not an excuse. I’ve been drunk w friends and never have i even made a suggestion towards another person and neither has he. My husband means everything to me. Drunk or sober, i give him his place and he gives me mine.

2 Likes

Tell her.
He’s a pig, and he’ll get caught.
Do you wanna get caught up in his BS?

1 Like

You should have told her the first time now you’re going to have to tell her this is the second time it’s happen and she will resent you for tha.

5 Likes

Definitely tell her. If he tries it with you what makes you think he wouldn’t try it with another girl who wouldn’t tell her

3 Likes

I told the truth about that and I got more disowned from the family then he went n tried doing stuff with his cousins gf. My sister still chose to stay with him and I’m still told not to talk about it like it never happened fhe 3 to 4 times he tried since I was 18

3 Likes

Keep it to yourself unless you can prove it

My ‘fiancé’ was grabbing my best friends ass for two years (him and I have 3 kids together) and she didn’t tell me because she didn’t want to ruin ‘our friendship’ she was going to be the witness for our wedding, knowing what a scumbag he was, she was gonna let me marry him and never say a word. She told me one day when she got mad at me instead, and my life has changed traumatically since. If you care about her, you have to tell her, it’s very important that she knows and makes the decision herself. When it does come out, it will it always does, and you haven’t told her, that’s a level of betrayal not a lot of people can forgive even if you didn’t tell her to save the hurt.

I would want to know

Tell her because you may not be the only one. Him being drunk and doing that, there’s no telling if he taken it further.

Will she believe you or will he manipulate her to believe him and discard you

2 Likes

Sometimes people blame the other person. Your sister could hate you for it. She couldn’t take her husbands side and never talk to you again. I would take it to the grave and next time if you visit just keep your distance from him!

1 Like

Confront him when he is sober and let him know if it happens again you are going to your sister, then if it does let her know and let the chips fall.

7 Likes

I would want to know. I feel you should tell her. Even if it’s a “he made me very uncomfortable and felt like he was trying to come onto me” rather than a blatant “ he tried to sleep with me” being wasted isn’t an excuse. Even if she doesn’t initially believe you if it’s a repetitive behavior there will be a vocalized behavioral trail if she does catch him or find out it’s happened to others with him. You could always confront him and tell him if he doesn’t tell her and be honest with her that you will and go from there. If you were in her shoes would you want to know? Especially if it was your sister or someone close to you? You never know they could have an arrangement together or open relationship. Either way I would say something and have it out in the open. Don’t want to stay silent and have it come out later. Feel like not saying something and someone finding out later down the line makes you look guilty or something and makes the pain worse if there isn’t any type of arrangement.

2 Likes

So what is it helping for you not to tell her? So she won’t be hurt? What if he’s trying to do with somebody else you can at least warn her. Maybe it was an accident bc he was wasted. You need to tell her bc she’s your sister, she needs to know whether it hurts her feelings or not. Wouldn’t you want your sister to tell you if it was your husband trying to go to bed with he?

2 Likes

I dunno, I uh, my family I’m sure knows that my cousins now husband hit on me and wanted me to meet him on a beach in North Carolina and I’m sure he and everyone else knows why. Instead of acting like it happened, everyone forgave him, and shunned me for it. Literally.

2 Likes

I’d just ask her if her husband hits on people when he is drunk. See if it’s a pattern or an even bigger problem. What if she doesn’t know and he does this at parties they go to and no one has the heart to tell her. I’d hate for a man to make me look like a fool and not even my own sister would tell me.
I’d tell my sister as its happening, call it out loud so everyone around knows. Embarrassed him.
But my brother in law is the complete opposite, a huge cuddly bear that just cares about everyone.
Prayers and positive vibes your way :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Record it. Then she will have to believe what she sees. I am so sorry he has done this to the both of you

1 Like

Should have told her the first time good luck trying to talk to her after this one you will be lucky if she don’t slap you for not telling her about the first one

4 Likes

I would tell her … if it’s not sleeping with you it’ll sleep else where :roll_eyes:. Dumb nasty dog

2 Likes

Ok you said he was WASTED got that part. I see everybody here throwing him under the bus without all the facts.
Was you drunk as well? What did he do to make you think he wanted to sleep with you? Are you sure you just took something the wrong way and are over reacting?
There more to this story that not being told

2 Likes

Absolutely tell her.

2 Likes