Should I tell my sister her husband tried to get with me?

I recently visited my sister and her husband. They have been married more then a decade. They have children. For the second time in a row my brother in law tried to sleep with me. He was extremely wasted both times. This news would devastate her and destroy their family. I don’t know if I should tell her or take it to my grave.

236 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I tell my sister her husband tried to get with me? - Mamas Uncut

I would tell her. Drunk or not people still know what they’re doing.

5 Likes

She has the right to know

2 Likes

Give him the big what up ! If he does it again then tell her.

1 Like

There should be no question

5 Likes

If it were my sister I’d tell her out of loyalty to her. F him. He doesn’t deserve her.

21 Likes

She deserves better!

2 Likes

I’d tell him, you tell her or I will

6 Likes

Yes tell her, I’d tell my sister if it was me and I don’t even like my sister

12 Likes

I’d say… I don’t know if your hubby was drunk and thought I was you but he hit on me when he was wasted.

7 Likes

Most definitely! Hands down.

1 Like

Talk to him about it and let him know you don’t approve. And then make him tell her himself. If he won’t then tell her but do it in front of him or it will turn into a he said she said battle with her stuck in the middle not sure who to believe. If you say something in front of him he can’t deny it and lie to her. Liar, cheats, and thieves go together. And if he’s hit on you then he’s probably tried with other women as well. Putting moves on your wife’s sister is pretty bold.

9 Likes

Definitely tell her! He’s probably slept with other women.

6 Likes

Ew imagine who else he is trying it with also. Def tell her

20 Likes

I would’ve told her, in front of him; when it happened. No question about it!!!

10 Likes

Tell her!!! She has every right to know!!

2 Likes

Don’t give him the option to tell her himself. He’ll spin it and end up blaming you. She needs to hear it straight from you.

25 Likes

If he will try to get with you , her sister, just think of who else he has tried/ possibly more then tried with.

6 Likes

Would you want your sister to tell you if the tables were turned

9 Likes

Definitely tell her!! You’d want to know if it were your husband, right?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bring it up, unless he tries something sober. Obviously the man finds you attractive, but he’s never hit on you sober, which IMO proves that he at least tries to do right by his family. No sense destroying your sister’s happiness for his drunken antics if nothing has ever actually come of it. BUT I would talk to him privately about it, about how uncomfortable it makes you, and maybe agree that he shouldn’t drink with you around.

9 Likes

If they been together that long …I’m sure she is aware of his drunken attempts at roaming…she trusts you not to reciprocate…but if you come out and tell her your forcing to do something about it …if it’s an otherwise good marriage maybe you should rethinking nk the harm you might be causing …?

3 Likes

Yeah tell and let us know how he puts the blame on you.

2 Likes

Tell her when he is in the room.

1 Like

If it were you in her spot would YOU want HER to tell you? :tipping_hand_woman:t5:

4 Likes

I would tell him if he tries again drunk or not you are going to tell your sister

1 Like

Your sister definitely needs to know the truth, it would be unfair to her for you to keep it a secret. Even if she doesn’t believe you, when you tell her. Intoxicated, or not so inappropriate. If that was me, I hope my sister would tell me. She needs to know what her husband is doing to another woman.

3 Likes

Tell her, if she finds out you didn’t, your relationship with her could end up messed up because you withheld that type of information

7 Likes

Quietly confont him bout how well he does not hold his liqueur and that he tried to sleep with you…tell him if he dont streighten his shit and get things in order corectly , that you will out him, because your sister is blood and deserves the best man for a husband…not a dog cheater…hopefully he takes notice and carries his self better…he can be replaced…what a shame…best of luck to all of you.

You need to tell her because even if hes drunk he knows it was you and using being drunk as an excuse…and if he comes on to you he must do this with other women or has slept with other women to do this …just sit her down and tell her not to confront him but be somewhere where she can hear you talk to him about what he did and hear what he has to say…he will deny if she asks …what an ass

If it was me she would have known when it happened because how else would he explain his black eye? :woman_shrugging: I feel like telling her after the fact and the fact that it has happened twice will make it harder because you’ve kept it from her and she’s less likely to believe you.

13 Likes

Family comes first…No matter what…I would tell your sister…cause if she finds out and its not from you…its straight up Betrayal…Good Luck!

3 Likes

I’d say tell your sister, or risk ruining the relationship you have w her. She deserves to know the situation she’s in and to hear the truth so she can decide herself how she wishes to proceed.

1 Like

Why the fuck wouldn’t you tell her?
Why is this even a question?

I would tell her. She has one life and has already wasted ten years+ with a creep

3 Likes

Tell her that’s your sister she definitely deserves to know

1 Like

I would tell her because even though you turned him down how many women is he doing that too ??he’s not being true to her It’s a wrap

5 Likes

I’d go ahead and tell her. Just calmly and quietly say you thought she should know, and you’ll support her with whatever she does with that information. You just didn’t want to hide it from her.

9 Likes

:100: damn straight u should

Tell her. That’s a non negotiable!

1 Like

Tell him to F…OFF & you going to tell your sister

1 Like

Tell her cos if he’s doing it to you then obviously he is doing the same with other women…just MO

3 Likes

Absolutely tell her not even a question

1 Like

He’s a :poop: man. Do you want that for her?? Tell her immediately. This is nothing to do with the kids & everything to do with that idiot & his lack of boundaries.

3 Likes

Take it to the grave.

6 Likes

It’s your sister dude really?? Wouldn’t u want her to tell you?

2 Likes

I would tell her because I’m sure you aren’t the only one. Clearly he gets a little loose when he’s drunk - gross.

4 Likes

Tell her. If you don’t. It always comes out in the open and she will blame you for not coming to her sooner. If you Don’t want a replacement with her …keep quiet otherwise. Tell.

1 Like

I’d hook up with him then take it to your grave. I’ll get a lot of hate for this. But I mean you literally only live once. If it’s something your curious or interested in, then why not? But only if you feel like you’ll enjoy it. If you think automatically you’ll feel guilty for it then don’t do it. But tbh, taboo is fun. :sweat_smile: It’s all up to you momma. :two_hearts: Good luck.

16 Likes

Tell her. My ex husband was on drugs pretty badly and my sister and him slept together and my ex husband is who told me. Still hurts that my sister did it but more that she didn’t tell me …do not let your sister be a fool. Feel her out first but tell her.

7 Likes

Confront him about it. Record the conversation.
Then take it to your sister.
I wouldn’t text him, he could try to turn it around on you some how.

2 Likes

Make him tell her. Lmao get together and be like so… cuz he could turn it on you.

She will hate you if she finds out you knew something. Just don’t get upset if she decides to stay

3 Likes

Kayla Cook hell yeah to that too.

By telling her, you are saving her. Dont feel guilty.

2 Likes

I told my sister that her boyfriend came on to me. My sister believed me and left him.

4 Likes

Wtf tell her! If he’ll do that with you, his wife’s SISTER, then he’s absolutely cheating with others on the side. How could you even consider not telling your own sister this?

2 Likes

Yup tell her, I’d of told mine and hope she would tell me

You need to have proof before you go to her bc I’m sorry but every female always believes the man . So get proof then show her

5 Likes

I’d keep it to myself.

1 Like

I told my sister and she believed him and not me even tho I had told her a number of times he had tried. I didn’t get to see her for 3 yrs. So yes, record it and take it to your sister!

6 Likes

I would have told my sister the first time

1 Like

If he’s doing it with you…he’s trying with other women…tell her! Prepare yourself…some ignorant women get mad at the messenger

2 Likes

“ If You Truly Love Your Sister, You Shouldn’t Have To Ask That Question! “

umm… I’ve seen this “story” on here word for word about a year ago…is the Mamas Uncut site for real?

1 Like

Yes I agree with everyone else definitely tell her

Tell her. Would you want that to be kept a secret from you if it was your husband?

I guarantee you are not the only woman outside his marriage that he has done this and probably has slept around with other women. You’re doing her a favor by telling her… She will be a lot more devastated later if she finds out another way and probably a twisted version of the situation making it sound like you’re at fault.

12 Likes

If shoe was on the other foot im sure you’d wanna no…

1 Like

Tell him u gna tell her,that should stop him

2 Likes

You could tell her but would she believe you? This happens many of times and people don’t get believed so be careful too x

I would tell her.
You should have told her the very 1st it happened - what she does with the information is up to her.

1 Like

What do you mean “should I tell my sister”?? That shouldn’t even be a question… your sister deserves to know what’s going on, especially with a situation like that…

4 Likes

tell her trust me she is better of knowing what sort of person she’s actually with sooner than later

1 Like

Talk to him about it & then decide "

I’d get proof and evidence first then go to her with it so he can’t twist it and make it out it’s you

5 Likes

You should tell her! She will never forgive you if you keep it from her! Plus, I bet you’re not the only one he’s tried to sleep with! Probably has even slept around!

8 Likes

Keep quiet, confront him privately and set him straight… drunk or not it should not have happened. If you tell her, he will lie; you will be the bad person. Be on your guard, visit when he’s away if possible.

4 Likes

U gonna hurt her, and she will depise u

1 Like

If he’s trying with you he’s trying with others. So yes :100: tell her. Shes your sister. Him being drunk is no excuse.

3 Likes

I can’t believe this is even a question

1 Like

Tell her. You’re not the only one he is trying to get on.

Be prepared for her to be mad. It’s not at you, it’s just anger. Be prepared for the fact that she may stay with him because of the kids. In the event, this may be the best thing that happens to them so they can get their marriage back on track.

It’s important that you not only tell her every detail but that you assure her you’re there for her no matter what. None of this is on either of you.

5 Likes

tell her ur not the only 1 he has tried 2 sleep with

That’s a hard one . You are risking your friendship with your sister if you do but then also if you don’t and he does it with someone else and she finds out you knew all along she wouldn’t be happy . Maybe talk with him . I would record conversation just in case .

1 Like

Tell her. She deserves better.

He does it with you imagine when he is out without Ur sister and gets wasted!! And Ur asking if you should tell her ?? 🤷

I am sure that it probably happened with other women already. You should have told her immediately.

Just like he tried it with you, chances are he’s tried it with others, and perhaps succeeded. I think she needs to know

1 Like

If the situation were reversed, would you want her to tell you? Being drunk is no excuse, however it could potentially destroy their family. I would chat and ask her if he goes out drinking a lot with his buddies, if he does, I’m sure this has happened elsewhere so it would benefit her to know. They could possibly work on things. But if he was drunk and possibly blacked out, she may believe him over you and it ruin your relationship.

1 Like

Thats a horrible experience. Im sorry.
Download a sleep talk app on your phone. It only starts taping once it hears talking.
I get in some states its illegal but I say risk it.
I’ve had that issue too in a previous relationship and I know of others it has happened to.
Its so invasive. So entitled. Like you are a peice of meat. I hope you can get it sorted.

Happened to my best friends sister. She choose not to say anything to her sister. She said that he would deny it and it would caused her and her sister to have a fractured relationship. Because the husband would say that she was lying instigating problems within their family. And she didn’t like her brother in law anymore after that. Yes sister couldn’t understand why sister didn’t like him anymore. Fractured relationships.

2 Likes

Could go 1 of 2 ways, she respects you telling her confronts him then kicks him, OR turns on you makes our you’re lying & ends everything with you, I personally would say something cause I couldn’t live with guilt knowing he tried something with me & no doubt others

1 Like

Definitely tell her that her husband is a POS. It’s highly likely he’s tried it with other women as well if he’s willing to try it with her own sister

1 Like

How is this even a question :flushed: :thinking: … u should have told her from the very first time. Being drunk is NO excuse.

14 Likes

She deserves to know

2 Likes

You really should tell her

1 Like

If you are married, you should not have visited your sister the 2nd time without him. How about having you sister visit you in your home? If you had resisted a little more strongly the 1st time. by repeatedly screaming loudly & repeatedly if your sister or another family was nearby, or giving him a black eye if no one else was around, he would have been the one confronting your sister, not you. Might be an idea to use in the future when confronted with any unwelcome attention. As to telling your sister, you are better qualified than anyone on facebook as to knowing how she would respond to your informing her.

18 Likes

Absolutely!! Means he has been elsewhere too! Do not keep that from your sister!

1 Like

Take it to your grave/ you news to your sister don’t need to be the reason for there ending/

2 Likes