Should I tell my sister her husband tried to get with me?

Unless you want him to keep treating her like crap!

Personally, I wld bring it up in front of them both. Let him know u felt disrespected by it and remind him how it disrespects his marriage and family. This eliminates any he said she said mess and letā€™s her know ur not trying to start trouble, ur trying to prevent it

6 Likes

These comments of ā€œit was the alcoholā€¦ if he was too wasted he didnā€™t knowā€¦ā€ ā€¦ eww!

Would you ladies be saying the same thing if he drove a car and killed someone, or r@ped someone? No, you wouldnā€™t. You would be blaming him. Same situation here.

Tell her!!! This happened to me and knowing made it easier. Not knowing what kind of person youā€™re with is so hard. :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Iā€™d talk to him first, as you know this would destroy her, but record on phone, obviously without him knowing. Threaten to tell her everything if he donā€™t stop the drinking and do it again. Also, talk to yr sister in a way to feel her out as to what her reaction will be, asking random questions, iiiiif he were to do something like that. Idk, itā€™s a very sensitive matter

2 Likes

If he tried with you whats to say he hasnā€™t with someone else and possibly succeeded :woman_shrugging:t3: surely your sister deserves better x

2 Likes

You HAVE to say something. She deserves happiness and that may start with facing harsh and painful realities. He obviously isnt good for her

Why would you not tell her?? Thatā€™s your sisterā€¦ she needs to know. Itā€™s not your fault she will be devastated. HE should have thought about her feelings and his family when he crossed those lines. Shame on him!

Yes not even a question!!! Wtf!!!

Of course you tell her. How is this even a question. Wouldnā€™t you want to know? She DESERVES to know.

You tell him to p**s off and if he crosses the line again youā€™ll tell your sister. If she doesnā€™t beleive you or takes his side so be it . Your conscience is clear and you will have been honest.

1 Like

She wonā€™t believe youā€¦may even hate you for telling her ā€¦that her husband is trying to hook up with youā€¦ sheā€™ll turn it around and ask you ( why are you doing this ? ) Be prepared to have a strain on your relationship from thisā€¦ But if you must do this ā€¦do it with her husband in the roomā€¦just flat out tell your sister in front of her husband that your husband is trying to sleep with meā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s very hard in this particular situation. I chose to tell my sister, even with messages off her own phone from him and all the truth I told, she still didnā€™t believe meā€¦ I didnā€™t want her man an he wasnā€™t a drunk he was 100% soberā€¦

You need to tell her I know itā€™s gonna hurt her but think how bad itā€™s gonna hurt her if she ever finds out you didnā€™t tell her, also she may think you liked it because you didnā€™t tell her the first time. Please for the sake of your sister to sister relationship tell her

1 Like

Your not getting special attention he will try srew anyone after 6 pack thy all have wet spot. My buddy use to say.he cheated all time.

1 Like

I read the first question. And YES TELL HER

Just quit going there alone.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand stand how did he try it? Where were you what was the situation

1 Like

Oh, no two ways about it I would definitely tell. If it wasnā€™t her it will be somebody else. To hit on your own sister is at the bottom of the pile and he deserves to be alone!! Scum bag.

Is this really a question? Of course you tell your sister. TF?

1 Like

She is your sisterā€¦ TELL HER

Wtf . Why is this even a question your her sister and if hes willing to fuck you he has no boundaries and will cheat with anyone . Tell her . She deserves to know ā€¦ she deserves better.

Is there a lock on the door?

I would tell her because if he has the nerve to try that sh*t with you then heā€™s probably trying with any woman he canā€¦ he could potentially end up giving your sister a STD if heā€™s cheating

5 Likes

Just keep quiet. This will hurt her and possibly destroy your relationship with her. You did right by her. Hell, if he ead wasted he may not remember. Protect her. Be helpful. Not hurtful.

4 Likes

Ummm :eyes: Tell your sister wtf!? why would you support her husband to cheat on her and not tell her about it!!! He ruined their marriage not you. Would you want to know if your man tried to sleep with someone else??? The only thing that ll help her is letting her know her hubs isnā€™t faithful. Mm

3 Likes

Would u want to know if it was your husband? Thatā€™s your answer.

5 Likes

Tell her it might be hard but if heā€™s willing to do that with her sister I can only imagine what else heā€™s done shes better off knowing good luck

2 Likes

Youā€™re kidding right?

1 Like

Tell her, let her know. My husband did this and I had to hear it from my niece as she over heard her telling my other sister. Like wtf why not tell me? :roll_eyes: it was months later and I was pregnant by then, I chose to forgive him, didnā€™t get upset with my sis. But then she started coming more and dressed with her ass hanging out more and moreā€¦ until one night when she got drunk and jumped me because she said if it wasnā€™t for me she would have everything I hadā€¦ BS she liked it and it is gonna look like you like it as well if you donā€™t tell herā€¦ I donā€™t care if it breaks her family up, every time heā€™s drunk around a woman he is gonna try it. That was my husbandā€™s excuse every time he cheated, yes was more than one, that he was drunk. I finally left him after 3 kids and 20 years togetherā€¦ This shouldnā€™t ever even be a questionā€¦

If it were me, I would want to know. Because chances are, you arenā€™t the only one he has tried that with. And if you were my sister and didnā€™t tell me, that would be as heartbreaking, or even more heartbreaking than anything because youā€™re family. But, Iā€™m close with my sister. It could be different for you and her, but I really think you should tell her.

3 Likes

Would you want her to tell you if it was the other way around?

The next time you are around him when he is in this state of mind RECORD him trying to get with you. Without proof you will have a LOT of Drama created and a very good possibility she will not believe you, then comes the distance and anger between you both. Have you ever heard the old saying ( Donā€™t shoot the messenger)? When bad news like this is reviled the person who is receiving the info will most always get very angry over the news and even more angry to the person telling them. Always Always Always have proof when telling someone something like this!!!

5 Likes

It depends. You could be doing her a favor or be held responsible for ruining her family.

1 Like

Why would telling her even be a question. Of course you should tell her.

1 Like

I would not tell her yet, it could destroy your relationship with her.

But speak to him about it, calling him out, that you are watching him and that you will destroy him if he destroys your sister

His reaction will tell you all and what to do next

My ex husband tried to sleep with 5 out of 7 of my sisters. Two of which were minors at the time. None of them told me. Then one day, my second oldest sister (Iā€™m the oldest) and I got into a fight and she sent me his text messages to her out of spite. Thatā€™s when I learned he had been doing this for YEARS behind my back (together 8 years, married for 2)
Needless to say, we got divorced. If my sisters would have told me I wouldnā€™t have ever gotten married and I would have been able to move on with my life sooner and not have had to pay all this money for a divorce. Oh, and my parents knew, because my sisters went to them but they said it ā€œwasnā€™t their place to get involved.ā€ Iā€™m since forgiven them, but some days I wish they would have told meā€¦.they all should have told meā€¦.

In any case, my ex husband moved in with his mother, knocked up some druggy girl in his old hometown, got addicted to drugs, and the state is now coming after him for child support because he left that girl and the poor baby to fend for themselves like the piece of crap he is.

You should tell your sister. Even if she gets mad at you, at least you did the right thing and let her know. Itā€™s her choice on what to do after that.

1 Like

I would speak to him about it when heā€™s sober. Depending on how drunk he was he may not even remember it and could be so humiliated he may ease up on getting that drunk toā€¦

Find a way to talk to her indirect, make up a story that will make her talk to her husbandā€¦u might save a soulā€¦ just donā€™t tell her that he tried it on u ā€¦ infact avoid places where the husband is ā€¦itā€™s better she finds out from another lady but not u her sister

If heā€™s doing it to you he could be to other people. I would make sure you have proof first cause she could be in denial and flip it around to you trying to destroy the family.

First off did you FIRMLY put him in his place and let him know it better not happen again if he wants all his partsā€¦and yes tell your sister do you think he hasnā€™t cheatedā€¦she needs to be tested for STDs!

Why are you even questioning whether to tell her or not? Why didnā€™t you tell her the first time he tried? Being wasted is not an excuse its an invitation to do whatever you want without considering or caring about the consequences at the time. Tell her before you feel so guilty you take it to your grave. Ask yourself what is wrong with me and my sisters relationship that he would even think he had a chance to sleep with his me? You canā€™t control what your sisters husband fantasizes about but you can definitely put your foot down and decide not to be a part of it. By not telling your sister and calling him out on his behavior you are just adding to the fantasy that he could have you by keeping his secret from his wife. He probably cheats on her if not you may be his first opportunity but he will do it again if the opportunity happens to present itself in the future with someone else. If you love your sister tell her. Donā€™t be afraid. You did nothing wrong. You do not have control over who is attracted to you. You do have control over your response to his advances. What she decides to do after hearing the truth is her own decision to make. They have children together. Itā€™s complicated. Just be there for her whatever she needs. If she decides to stay Iā€™d keep your distance from her husband. He has been quite clear how he feels about you.

You can tell her but be prepared for her to alienate you!

1 Like

Well you know right off heā€™s going to deny this and sheā€™s going to ask why you didnā€™t tell her the first time. Simply telling her you didnā€™t say anything because you didnā€™t want to hurt her is not going to work and being her sister you should always be honest with her. Iā€™m sure if he is coming on to you, her sister, he is definitely doing the same with others and may even be cheating already. If it was me, Iā€™d definitely tell her and arrange with her a way to make a plan where youā€™re confronting him about his behavior while she listens so she knows you are telling her the truth. I caught my ex this way with a plan between me and the other woman (she called and told me what was going on) that he completely fell into. Her and I was sitting together in my living room when he walked in from work. Never knew a face could get so red! Hilarious now but devastating then. Your sister deserves to know the truth :woman_shrugging:t3:

I think, I would kick him where the sun never shines :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:I would ask my sister questions about him just in a sisterly conversation. Do you think (EX) Joe, has ever cheated on you? Get her answer and go from there after you feel out the waters. This is a very complicated issue and I have faced it more than once, everyone is different. You know your sister the best. Follow your heart and listen to the voice in your spirit. Do you think she wants to live and raise her children with a man that would proposition her own sister?? What about the kids? If he hit on you maybe he cannot be trusted with the kids? Some are sicker than others but you are the closest to this situation to discern whether he is capable of this or not ;( Follow your heart! She may not want to believe you also, that is a chance you take. She may even try to blame you! Do not allow that and stand your ground. If this is her reaction, it is out of fear. If you are close know that she loves you and she will eventually think it through understanding that this was not to hurt her but to help her know the truth <3

1 Like

If you around him sober and heā€™s never tried I donā€™t think running their relationship would be a good idea but maybe tell her to keep an eye out when heā€™s drinking bc heā€™s not himself

4 Likes

Think u already know the answer. Would u want to know?

I would totally tell my sister and Iā€™d she kept that from me Iā€™d be pissed off.

1 Like

Grave dude. Unless you and her are close and you wonā€™t become the issue. Which frequently happens. Depends on how much you trust her

3 Likes

Unless you have proof do not say anything. She most likely will not believe you and then you will ruin your relationship because she will choose him.

3 Likes

3 types who will always speak #Truth 1) a young child, 2) a drunk person and 3) someone mad at you!!! Is your bond tight enough to go to her with only your words and no receipts? If so, tell her but be prepared for how she reacts and it maybe to distance herself from you yet keep him! šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

3 Likes

I was in this sitution i told my sister and she stuck by her husband and cut me off so id say dont say anything. If he tried with u he probably has with others and just be there for your sister if she finds out another way

7 Likes

Unless itā€™s happened when he was off sound mind and sober, I wouldnā€™t say anything because enough alcohol to be wasted is enough to alter your decision-making.

Um i would set his ass up to do it with her listening. Then you wont be the one she is mad at.

Would you want to know?

Would you want to know?

I would tell my sister, then she can make up her own mind but Iā€™m in the clear & didnā€™t lie about it

Ummmmā€¦ TELL EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY!!! BURN THAT S DOWN AND DO IT WITH A GRIN ON YOUR FACE!!! wtf!!! Heā€™s a creep and your sis CAN DO BETTER! Screw the ā€œthink of the familyā€ bs. Heā€™s practically a rapist.

2 Likes

Nopeā€¦.she know who she marriedā€¦she will blame u and cut u off or cause drama

8 Likes

If you still love and value your relationship with your sister, dont tell.

7 Likes

Just tell her. I was in a similar situation and more than likely she knows anyway and you not saying anything makes it look bad on u too. Tell her.

4 Likes

If it was me I would want my sister to tell me !!

3 Likes

If he is bold enough to try with his sister in lawā€” he is definitely trying with others. Your sister has a right to know. Tell him to tell her or you will. Hopefully he will do your dirty work for you. If she finds out you knew and didnā€™t say anythingā€” she will NOT understand

8 Likes

Talk to him. Make it clear this is not acceptable. I only fear how many others there are
Talk to her about Al a non

1 Like

Iā€™d keep it to myself, stay at a hotel when visiting and gracefully excuse yourself if he begins drinking. Remove yourself from the situation the best you can. If asked why, just say you donā€™t enjoy his company when he drinks and you donā€™t feel right asking him to abstain in his own home.

5 Likes

Tell her. If he tries that with his wifeā€™s sister heā€™s probably doing it with other woman too. She deserves better than him.

5 Likes

No no no. Put him in his place! I answer with experience. I told once, I was not believedā€¦a friendship destroyedā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™d sit her down and say something. The first time okay heā€™s wastedā€¦ the second time, intentional. When sober someone who wants something they canā€™t have, wonā€™t exactly do anything.
But drunk, high ect, they are like children. They arenā€™t afraid to say anything. Maybe the 2 can work something out, maybe when your no there something is going on that heā€™s trying to do something with you.
I would talk to her about it

I only read the first line but the answer is always yes!

Take it to the grave
Stay out of his path when you visit.

3 Likes

In my experience, happened to me. You wonā€™t be believed and it will be blamed on alcohol, couldnā€™t be his fault!
Have a talk with him! And never be alone with him.

3 Likes

Take it to your grave. And donā€™t be alone with him ever again.

5 Likes

Heā€™s doing with other women tooā€¦ and your sister prob knows and may not want to face it. In which case you will be the villain.

2 Likes

Absolutely tell her!!! What a piece of shit!!!

If he tried with youā€¦ Just think of all the people he has probably tried to sleep with and succeeded. I am sure your not the first.

7 Likes

Tell her. I did when my sisters ex bf copped a feel when he was drunk. She stayed with him but whatever, I wouldnā€™t keep it to yourself, she deserves to know sheā€™s married to a slimeball

5 Likes

Tell her!! sorry if he is willing to do that to you who else is he sleeping with! Save your sister now so she can move on in the future

1 Like

What did you say to him?!
I wouldā€™ve scared the sh!t out of him & threaten to tell her.
(Honestly, heā€™ll probably deny itšŸ˜”)

Youā€™re probs not the only one heā€™s trying to slangggg that thangggg at girl. SHEā€™S YOUR FAMILY, of course you tell her.

3 Likes

Yes please tell her so she can get rid of the POS

If it has happened Mote than once I would tell her

Iā€™d talk to him about it. Hopefully heā€™s not already cheating on her. Get a feel of his response, body language etc. If itā€™s suspicious or defensive, maybe talk to your sister next and tell her

3 Likes

TELL HER. Bad enough you didnā€™t the FIRST time.

1 Like

Donā€™t say anything just avoid him

4 Likes

You might need some sort of proof or to catch him in the act or this could blow up in your face.

1 Like

Talk to him first, but record the conversation to go over it with your sister so you have proof. Not sure about the kind of person he is, but if youā€™ve got proof there will be no denying.

8 Likes

I would absolutely tell her. Let the chips fall where they mayšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

2 Likes

Talk to him first when he is soberā€¦try to figure out if he really is interested before telling your sister so he couldnā€™t blame it on alcohol

2 Likes

You should of told her the first time O.o

3 Likes

I would talk to him about it first if he acts like a fool your not the only one heā€™s tried to get with and yes I would talk to my sister remember this it might be you she decides to leave instead of her husband because some woman think that their relationship is all they have so just be aware of that

1 Like

I think you should give us more details just in case you misread signals.

Take it to the grave

2 Likes

Stay away from him when alcohol has been consumed by himā€¦ drunk people do and say stupid thingsā€¦ youā€™ll have to make that decision ā€¦weigh pros and cons first

1 Like

He did it and crossed the line - not you. His fault

Would you want to no ???

Tell her in front of him. I made a tragic mistake of not telling in a similar situation. Itā€™s better she get upset now instead of finding out later will be a lot worse. If heā€™s doing that with you, then you can bet heā€™s doing it with others. He needs to be put in check or hit the curb!!

2 Likes

I would have said something the first time

I would be honest with her and let her decide what she would like to do I assume you donā€™t look alike . my sister and I look a lot alike people Always assume we are twins and we have been at party together where friends family and even both our husband have confused us nothing sexual though but definitely be honest with her I would want my sister to tell me and Iā€™m sure she would too

1 Like

I would be honest. Because if hes like that with you when hes drunk whats he like around other women she doesnt know when hes drunk? Tell your poor sis.

4 Likes

Let her find out on her own the kind of man he really is. U just keep yr distance from him. From personal experience, I told n my friend got mad at her man but stopped talking to me. Stayed with him. They eventually broke up like years later for many reasons :bangbang:

2 Likes