Should I tell the daycare parents their providers dog snips at their kids?

Tell the parents before the dog kills someone

1 Like

I would tell the parents

Why is this even a question!?

Would you want your child being bitten and snipped at and not being told?

OMGG :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

1 Like

Call DHS IMMEDIATELY

Tell them! Protect those babies!

She didn’t even ask the kids if they were okay … I’m going to assume child care shouldn’t be her career… eww I would pull my child from there so fast . 

3 Likes

Absolutely yes. You need to tell the parents right away. It’s protecting children from
Being hurt. Your MIL has a lifetime to get over it and she needs to keep the dog put in another room where the children are not at and if not then she don’t have any right to have a day care.

Tell them. I would be livid if someone knew my child was being bit by another person dog and wasn’t told

Imperative that you tell them. She can keep her dog separate from the children during those hours. Some dogs just don’t like children and it’s not the little ones fault nor the dogs. But your MIL is being unreasonable with her attitude so she’s the problem here. If there is no reasoning with her, report her anonymously.

You absolutely call and report her for neglecting those babies!! This shouldn’t even be a question, just do it! When someone witnesses abuse or neglect in any way and doesn’t report it, they are just as guilty!!

2 Likes

Tell them I’d be furious if my child got bit and someone could have prevented it. The outcome is not your fault. It’s your responsibility to tell them now

If it was my child being bit and I wasn’t told I would be LIVID!!!

All I read was the question and the answer is YES . Tell them

Yes you should say something
Be their voice!

She’s jeopardizing her own job because if the dog leaves any marks the parents will call and the dog will most likely have a grim outlook. She needs to separate the dog and kids even if it is her house :roll_eyes: good thing it’s her own job too she’s jeopardizing… I would send out a mass message and exclude her but just inform the parents, she will most likely lose the kids because I would remove my kids if the dog doesn’t go in a separate room… Not the kids fault especially if he’s not mobile.

If you don’t tell them, you’re literally a party to their children being neglected.

7 Likes

Yes tell them. If that was my kid I would want to be informed. Those kids are not in a safe environment and that’s her fault so whatever consequences happen is on her

They have a right to know!

You tell the parents. You also report her. She’s responsible for other people’s children. If my child was biten badly, I would sue the shit out of someone if they knew my child was around an aggressive dog that had been consistently biting children and didn’t report it.

This is awful. I did daycare for a while and had dogs and they were NEVER with my daycare kids…ever. you just never know and these kids are too young to know how to properly treat animals. It honestly doesn’t sound like she needs to have kids in her care at all. The parents have a right to know. One of these days , the dog will bite the kids face or eyes and leave permanent damage. The dog needs to feel safe as well and not have a bunch of toddlers kicking him, that isn’t right to the dog either. It’s no wonder he has aggression. The kids need a safe area and so does the dog. Tell the parents or report her.

Is she telling the parents that the dog bit their child or is she keeping it a secret? She should be telling them when their child is injured. She really shouldn’t have kids in her care.

1 Like

Tell them. Also they should be wondering where marks are coming from

100% tell the parents

Hell yes you tell them

I’d tell them and report her. If she cannot be a considerate human and just yells at a kid for crying-that’s not okay.
Her dog shouldn’t be near the kids what so ever. What if the dog actually bites one and does damage? Than what?

1 Like

Fuck that I’d be letting everyone know and let her know I’m going to call cps and report her for her negligence :woman_shrugging: that bridge burn!

That dog could take out a child’s eye! I wouldn’t be worried about how she “feels” about her dog.

1000000% Tell them! Be their voice!

Why is this even a question.

1 Like

They should be told. Sooner or later that dog is going to bite hard enough to do damage to a child and she will have a lawsuit from hell on her hands. I don’t understand people today with these dogs. They are not a baby,not a fur baby and not a child. They are a dog,a animal. That’s it. If it bites a child on the face it could cause serious nerve damage and scaring. Keep the dog away from the children

3 Likes

How is this even a question? If you don’t report her you’re just as bad

2 Likes

If I were you I’d call DCF or whatever is in your state and report it. You can make a report without them giving your name so she wouldn’t know that it was you but it would protect those innocent children.

1 Like

Your MIL is actively allowing harm to come to children in her home and refusing to remedy the issue. She is already in violation of her license. The other parents have a right to know that the dog is harming their children, she’s not reporting it to them, and she’s doing nothing to correct it.

You need to decide how far you are willing to go to protect other kids and what you are willing to give up to do the right thing. She absolutely needs reported but if you open that can of worms, you will forever be the bad guy to her and ruin any relationships she has with your family.

My honest advice, F her. She’s willing to let children be harmed and is doing absolutely nothing to prevent it. These parents trust her with their children and she’s violating that. She shouldn’t be operating a daycare. The dog shouldn’t be around children. And she should be charged with child neglect for letting these kids be harmed and leaving them to cry. It’s sick. I love dogs, but f her and her dog. Those kids are the priority.

3 Likes

If I found out that an animal at my child’s daycare had been showing these signs previously and then my child was injured I would sue 100%. Her primary responsibility as a childcare provider is to keep the children safe, she is prioritizing her pet’s preferences instead and it’s going to end with stitches and a lawsuit and a total loss of her business.

I am very careful with my children around dogs. It’s not only important for me that they learn to treat animals correctly (not kicking or hitting), but also that they learn these things around dogs that won’t react poorly to normal toddler behavior.

My son is 20 months old. I don’t expect him to know what will set off a dog yet and I very, very carefully watch him around both our own dog (who adores him and has never shown the slightest inclination that he would snap or growl at our children) but especially around other dogs. Not every dog will be okay around small children. Flailing arms and legs, running and rolling around, unexpected touches will happen from small children. That dog should not be around the children. The dog also has a right to have its space and boundaries respected which is literally impossible to enforce in a daycare setting with toddlers and infants.

The dog needs to be put somewhere else during daycare hours for its comfort and the children’s safety. You absolutely should tell the parents that the dog in the home is not comfortable around the children and it may be unsafe.

This is a danger to their kids. How dare your MIL let that dog around kids.

Would u want to know if it was your kid???
And what if that dog really hurts 1 of them Lil babies really bad and u know about the Lil nips and bits …YES PLEASE TELL THEM

Also add of the specific kids you know for bitten. What is that dog kills one of them? You don’t want to live with that.

Id call the cops personally.

Tell them. Put yourself in their place as a parent. Wouldn’t you want to be told?

Definitely tell them! If my kids were getting bitten by a dog at a daycare I would hope someone would tell me! That is not okay and she either needs to put her dog in another area while the daycare kids are there or she just needs to stop doing daycare.

My younger dog went through a phase where he snapped at kids so guess what… we didn’t let him around kids. This is common sense. She’s gonna end up losing her business AND her dog.

1 Like

I think we need an update when you decide what you are going to do, because if you can’t make the right decision then the moderators of this page have a responsibility to report. Kids literally rely on the adults in their lives to protect them!!!

1 Like

100% let the parents know! If it was your kids and you didn’t know your MIL would you want someone to keep that from you? I’d be livid!

1 Like

I’d call cps. They will notify the parents

I would report her, just like I’d report any child care provider who knowing allows a child to be in danger around an aggressive animal. You shouldn’t wait until a child is seriously injured to speak up.

1 Like

Tell the other parents, it’s the right thing to do. Shame on your MIL. No telling what else happens

Tell them & turn her in. MIL or not she needs to be turned in. When my kids were in daycare I always asked what happened if I saw something new on them. I checked them every day.

2 Likes

Write an anonymous note or download textnow and text them from an anonymous number

God forbid that dog really hurts a child you should tell him the parents! Rather her being sued and her dog risk being put down id be tellin folks!!

1 Like

You need to notify parents, animal control and the governing board for her daycare license. I had a son mauled by a dog. This is totally unacceptable and she needs to be held accountable. Yes, they will probably close her down but at least the children will be safe. She has no place as a daycare provider if she is not concerned about the safety and welfare of those children she is being paid to protect.

3 Likes

You absolutely tell them. I’d be so pissed if someone knew my child was being bit by a dog, and no one told me.

Yes you need to tell them!

Hell YES you tell them! It’s NOT ok to just sit on this kind of information!! The fact that your MIL doesn’t see an issue with her dogs biting children is cause for serious action…What is wrong with these ppl!! Who is she and I’ll report her?!! How would you feel knowing this about your MIL and then found out her dog attacked a child in her care? It’s totally NOT OK!! Let the parents know and then turn her in to child protective services! It’s the right thing to do.

Do this, completely forget that she is your MIL and just another “ordinary” preschool/daycare provider that you have entrusted with your child(ren) for 5 minutes (though it shouldn’t take that long) and really think - try to put yourself in the other parents’ shoes, wouldn’t YOU like to know what was happening negatively to or around your child while they were at preschool/daycare? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And you may not like this opinion considering, but I believe your MIL deserves to be reported. If she cares and worries more about her dog than the children that her dog is snipping, growling, etc at and refuses to correct her negligence and ignorance, then that says a lot about her character and not in a good way.

2 Likes

Your MIL is a POS and you need to report her to your State. She should lose her daycare license and absolutely those parents should be notified of that mutt being aggressive and biting the kids.

3 Likes

It’s your job to notify the parents of this. If you know about it and don’t say nothing to the other parents and one of those kids gets bit… if it were me I’d feel equally guilty.

1 Like

Umm I’d tell them! What if you didn’t and the dog seriously injured a kid…or worse.

2 Likes

You have to ask urself cud you forgive urself if a child was mauled n left disfigured or killed in an attack by said dog and you hadnt said anything. I think you as a parent know the answer of what you should do…what if your child was severely injured and you found out one of the other parents knew about it and could of prevented it by speaking up

4 Likes

You tell them b/c if anyone finds out you knew & didn’t say anything then you can also get in trouble as well. MIL is negligent- she needs to choose her dog or her daycare or she’s going to be facing some charges & lose her business & her dog ( once a parent pushes it & can prove her dog but most cities put the dog down regardless of if the dog or child is at fault.)

2 Likes

The fact you are asking on FB really has me shaking my head.
YOU KNOW this is a dangerous situation and yet you are fretting on FB about it.

Something NEEDS TO be done NOW!
She needs to keep the dog away from the children period. Or, lose her income by losing the children. DO NOT wait till a child is seriously injured or worse!
The fact that we don’t know how long this has been going on is bad enough. DO SOMETHING!

WHERE IS THE COMMON SENSE.

4 Likes

Her willingly letting her dog bite children in her care is surely a means for her business to be shut down. Sorry but she shouldnt be looking after other peoples children especially if shes not telling them of a bite from the dog what next touching inappropriately

they need to know- go ahead and mess with her business, she needs to be shut down & call animal control, If she can’t be responsible daycare provider and dog owner she doesn’t need to have either. these baby’s need an advocate and it sounds like it has to be you.

3 Likes

I’d give her a friendly message that if she doesn’t isolate her dog while the children are there you will report her by the way why isn’t your husband in on this it’s his mother. Childrens safety comes first

I would absolutely 100% inform the parents.

She sounds like she needs her business shut down… BS like this is why I’m too scared to trust sitters or daycares…

1 Like

Wtf is this even a real question? Ofcoarse u tell the other parents!

I would turn her in to whoever and report this issue then also tell the parents. This needs to be addressed ASAP

SPEAK UP AMD DO THE RIGHT THING! Say something! Please and she needs to be turned in. This is how children are mauled and scared for life. I would be furious as a parent. It’s not the dogs fault but her fault for not controlling the environment and the parents are placing trust she will protect their children at all costs.

Report her…tell the other parents…

Have you even talked to your husband about this? Like it’s his mother… but yeah I would tell the parents. What they choose to do with the information is up to them.

2 Likes

What is wrong with you. You have children of your own how can you even ask, inform all the parents what is happening never mind your evil mother in-law she don’t deserve to be in any business :rage::rage:

Message the group text about it and report her dog to animal control for being aggressive toward children in a childcare facility

If she can’t be responsible or reasonable enough to keep the dog away from the kids knowing damn well a child could be SERIOUSLY injured, she doesn’t need to have that animal. Especially since it’s been on MULTIPLE occasions and she thinks the dogs feelings are more important than peoples literal children being safe in her care.

1,000%… TELL THE PARENTS. You don’t want to mess with her business BUT if she isn’t running a SAFE environment for the kids, she shouldn’t even have the business to begin with!

The question is… How would you feel if you don’t say anything and a child’s face was ripped off or killed by the dog but you knew beforehand what was happening but didn’t speak up? If you were left in the dark about your baby being bit over and over again by a dog, how would you feel if someone seen it but failed to warn you?
Mommy to mommy… You know the answer. I know you do. And it’s to tell. Don’t wait any longer… Protect all of them babies! You are their voice in this situation. :pray:t3::heart:

2 Likes

Good way for the hunaine society to take the animal and put it down they dont carw how it happened its automatically the dogs fault!
Is this really a ? Would you want to be told?
State has regulations parents have to sign a waiver stating they are aware of the animal and behavior. Who cares about her buiss how are you going to feel when a child is seriously hurt and you could have prevented it

1 Like

If you call they will have the dog put down if there is proof . Also if you tell other parents they will most likely call an she will get charged with that plus neglect an abuse from my experience. That is why I’d never take a chance with my dog an always crate or she is in another room she has never bit anyone but just so I’d never have to deal with that type of situation.

Yes because it could go farther and the dog could maul a child eventually and that’s way worse then her losing her business I have 2 cats who my kids don’t rest the best and we are working on that I do not allow it at all but not once have the cats as much as hissed at my kids.

Her business shouldn’t even be a business since she clearly doesn’t care for the kids. You as a mother wouldn’t tolerate that if the person owning and running that business was anyone but your family. And if you did your ability as a mother should be questioned too. If how she runs her business wouldn’t be tolerated if it was someone else running the business then why would you allow her to keep running it. You know damn well if your child was bit and it wasn’t your MIL you’d try to have that place shut down.

Child protective services and animal control needs to be contacted before one of these children is seriously injured

3 Likes

A border collie shouldn’t be around small kids. Period. She should know owning one. They belong on farms really.

3 Likes

Oh hell no I’d make a police report and call cps on her on top of telling the parents. She sounds like a stuck up bitch. Yes it’s her house but the kids are not hers and she should be ashamed of herself.

I wouldn’t care about the MIL. TELL THOSE PARENTS. THOSE KIDS ARE UNSAFE AROUND THAT DOG.

3 Likes

Absolutely you should inform the parents and any authority body for the state/country you live in. If I saw this myself I’d have to do something, and if my children attended somewhere there’s safety issue like this I’d hope someone would have the courage to speak up

5 Likes

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING
SAY SOMETHING!!!
If you don’t you are just as responsible… You know you are right or you wouldn’t be thinking about it!! If I as a parent saw a bite on my child, there would be hell to pay and you could get caught up in that mess.

2 Likes

This is the importance of education on the breed of animal you get. It’s not that the dog is trying to hurt the kids…its trying to herd them. Thats what this dog is literally made to do. If the dog is being vicious and biting the kids to cause harm I’d imagine a parent or 2 would know by now. Personally this sounds like a bunch of drama and you’ll be only wasting your time and family relations telling parents something they already know.

Why do you keep sending your kids back if it’s that bad? Seems like their is more to this story.

1 Like

Yes tell the parents & also report her

Who care about your mother in law. She is a negligent care provider who should not be in charge of children. Tell those parents asap.

4 Likes

I would call the parents, I would of called the parent of the child you seen the dog nip…you are almost as guilty for not saying anything, hopefully that dog doesn’t seriously injure one of those children…

2 Likes

If you see something SAY SOMETHING, I would not allow my child to go to her house and look after my son with any dog in the room with kids at all full stop, dogs should not be around children if they are showing these signs, this means the dog could really attack a child there and that’s it, could you live with yourself, and you e got to ask your mother in law if she could live with herself if a child got really hurt by her dog and she lost her dog because of this, plus ask yourself has she actually told the parents of the children that a dog is with their children all day? She can get shut down for not informing parents of any injuries or accidents as it’s law to write up accidents, of the dog bit a child and the child got sick they wouldnt know what was wrong

1 Like

Fuck her livelihood and her business. Call cps or the cops and report her. Also send out a mass text to each of the other parents and let them know what’s been going on and that you reported it

I’d do what is right

What happens when the dog takes a eye out then it will b to late. U can also report to child services

1 Like

When she gets sued…she’ll have a better understanding as to why she is in the wrong.

1 Like

How would you feel if your child was bit on the face and needed stitches and plastic surgery later to remove the scares. And what the hell is with the parents that they don’t notice marks on their child ? There should be some agency that dictates the dog can not be by the children. You know what the right thing to do is.

Call and report the daycare as unsafe. And definitely tell all the parents.

1 Like

Tell them!! Would you rather be the person who was overly cautious and nothing happens or the person who ignored it and heard later a kid has been seriously injured.

Your MIL is negligent and should not be around children.

The kids shouldn’t be doing crap to the dog. It sounds like the dog has dealt with way too much already. If the dog wanted to seriously bite, a parent would notice it. This dog shouldn’t be allowed around the kids or something serious will probably happen. I would definitely let the parents know. But this behavior with the dog is NOT the dogs fault. It’s your mother in law’s.

2 Likes

Say something. Don’t wait until the dog does serious damage. Also if she’s a “legal” daycare report it tithe state. The dog should be separated from the kids during daycare hours or there just shouldn’t be children there. If the dog seriously bites a child not only will the child be injured but the dog would likely be out down as well.

I would tell the parents.

Legally I don’t think she’s not supposed to have the dog out if it does this. She also shouldn’t have the dog around the kids for allergy reasons.

Say something always always say something, if she isn’t interested in protecting her business by doing the right thing and removing the problem dog, WHY should you you give 2 craps about protecting her, protect the child!!! How is this even a real question?!?!

I would always defend the innocent. In this case the poor little babies.

1 Like

What happens when a kid ends up dead because of the dog. This really sad. Your worried about her business when she clearly is not. And the fact that you won’t leave your kids there because of her dog. Why would you let the other parents do it. They clearly haven’t seen it in person or there children wouldn’t be there also. And me as a mother if someone knew my child was bite by a dog and said nothing they are just as responsible for the incident. You need tell the parents.

1 Like