Should I tell the daycare parents their providers dog snips at their kids?

She is negligent and very irresponsible :rage: I personally would report her to anyone i could the city state child protective services animal control as well as every parent! She has no business running a daycare period she is putting those children safety at risk everyday she is supposed to be in charge of protecting them not intentionally harming them she should lose her license period :rage:

3 Likes

Someone needs to tell how you would you feel if that were your kid and no one told you what was going on but witnessed it daily and said nothing I would be pissedā€¦if she cares more about her dog having free roam of the house then her daycare need to be shut down ASAP cuz this is completely 100% unacceptable

1 Like

Um who gives a shit about her business and livelihood, because she clearly doesnt, she needs to be reported and her daycare needs to be closed down. If her dog attacks a child and that child is severely injured or worse, how could you live with yourself knowing you knew about her dog.

Call licensing on her

What would you like the person to do if you would be a parent of a kid? Of course tell and ASAP, it doesnā€™t matter if it is your MIL or a stranger. Safety firstā€¦

I have to assume she is not livensed to be an in home daycare provider. There are very specific requirements for dogs.

1 Like

Tell the parents or tell the Mother-in-law if she does not keep the dog separate from the kids you are going to turn her in but do something before it is too late and one of them gets seriously hurt

2 Likes

Report it or tell the parents. By law she is supposed to note any incidents while the child is in her care/facility. They are to be documented in detail and a copy is to be given to the parent/guardian for them to sign stating they were made aware and a copy for the parent to keep. If this was happening with another child like biting, hitting and so one they would be written up each time and after so many write up they lose their spotā€¦ she can lose her license or accreditation. Report it for the safety of the kids.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a safety risk, please the only way she may listen is for her business to take a hit. Maybe then she will realize

2 Likes

Look at it this wayā€¦.if (God forbid) a child is hurt or killed by this dog and a parent sues, it will come to light that you knew but did nothing, you will be held accountable as well, as you should if you donā€™t do anything about it. You are allowing children to be hurt and possibly scarred for life because you are thinking with your heart. The fact that youā€™ve witnessed this dog nip, growl and bite BABIES WHO CANT DEFEND THEMSELVES and have done nothing makes you just as bad as your fool of a MIL. Iā€™ll tell you what, message me the name of the business. I canā€™t believe you havenā€™t done anything about it yet, one time is too many and youā€™ve sat there and watch it several times. Awful peopleā€¦.both of you

6 Likes

What happens when that dog kills a child? Will you think about telling parents then?
Maybe not maul to death but a kid bleeds out, a bite gets infected. Thousands of things can happen and you seem to not care. And you take your children back even after seeing the dog bite!!!

1 Like

She should not be watching children if she reacted that way and is willing to have an aggressive dog around the kids sheā€™s caring for.

3 Likes

Ummmā€¦ If other children weā€™re actually being bit the parents would know and it would have been reported. So that is a huge hole In Your story that makes it sound like you just want an excuse to get someone in trouble.

If all this kids are getting hurt like you say, there is just no way any other parent doesnā€™t know.

Iā€™d call Human Resources and report it that way.

Yes tell them he could kill one of those kids one day

Your MIL is one bite away from losing her business and her home. Having a liability like that on the premises should actually make her uninsurable. As the owner of if a doggy daycare, I do not allow anyone outside our lobby even with our policy of no aggressive dogs. It is incumbent on you or your husband to make your MIL see what a huge problem this is and you should not sweep this under the rug. If she insists that it is the ā€œdogā€™s homeā€ then she should not be doing business in it.

5 Likes

TELL THEM 100%. you will be held liable as well, if you knew about it and a child gets seriously hurt or even killed by the dog.
I would want to know.

2 Likes

Please tell the parents and human resources. She should not be allowed to watch children if thatā€™s how she Is going to act with her aggressive dog around them and sees no problem with it. If it were my child in that home I would want to know immediately so I can remove them.

1 Like

As a mother of a 4 year old who had to have reconstructive surgery on her face and has on going issues from being attacked by a dog last yearā€¦ inform the parents or call CPS! Being bit causes serious trauma especially for the child but family as well. That makes me so angry. Respect animals, but good lord when they show signs of aggression keep them away from children!

3 Likes

Give her one last chance to start keeping the dog in a different room and tell her if she doesnā€™t you will let the parents know. And if she gets upset oh well, Itā€™s the right thing to do :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Tell the parents! What happens when the dog does serious damage and people find out you all knew. Someone is getting sued!

1 Like

Message me the daycare name and number Iā€™ll report it!

I would tell her if she doesnā€™t find a solution to keep the dog away from the children, such as a kennel during the day or keeping the dog in another room (using baby gates or keeping the dog behind a closed door, etc) that you will contact the parents and let them know whatā€™s going on. If she still fails to protect the children by keeping her dog away from them then contact the parents. They absolutely need to know whatā€™s going on. That dog is going to end up seriously hurting one one of those babies and shes gonna have a major lawsuit on her hands and be forced to put her dog down. Tell her to think about that.
Iā€™m surprised none of the kids havenā€™t told their parents.

1 Like

Tell the other parents. At this point itā€™s more of a safety and morality issue than trying to keep the peace with your obvious neglectful MIL. She does not need to be in charge of children if she is allowing them to be in harms way. If I found out my kid was bitten by a dog while in the custody of a so-called ā€œdaycareā€, best believe Iā€™m suing tf out of them.

Please tell the parents . I would also report her. If she has a problem and it ruins your relationship so be it. I would also be calling animal services and reporting the dog . One wrong move and there will be a child seriously hurt and you may be liable too as you knew it was happening and didnā€™t say anything

Iā€™d be pissed at you as well if you know and donā€™t say something. JS. I know the label of MIL makes it harder BUT as a mother you already know what you should do, and youā€™re not doing it. I hope that group text gets sent out like NOW.

Report it! She seriously justified this dog biting a 20 month old!?!? She is SICK and should NOT be in charge of care for children! Please please please report! If she is licensed by the state, I would start there. This is disturbing on so many levels.

Your MIL is a grown woman. Protect the children at all costs

2 Likes

Would you want you child to be in a situation where they were not being protected? If the answer is no then you already know what to do.

I would 100% ruin her business. Send a message to the whole group in the chat. Not just the one parent of the most recent child. You can also report that to cps and bbb cause she knows the dog is child aggressive and runs a business out of her home where she insists on keeping it in the room with kids. And sheā€™s not notifying the parents of said children of the incident. Iā€™d wonder what else she isnā€™t telling them too.

3 Likes

Tell the parents and report her to the proper channels that overview and inspect daycares. That is a major violation.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not even a question. You should of already of said something. Those babies are more important than your MIL.

1 Like

Report her immediately to Animal and human services and Report her to her licensure. That person will come out and inspect personally to determine safety violations. Record video next time as proof to back up your claim.

1 Like

Protect the children and inform the parents. If u donā€™t try to fox it then MIL could get into deep water and an innocent child get hurt!!!

1 Like

You have every right to feel concerned. I would feel obligated to do something but torn as well.

1 Like

Child abuse.
You are enabling that.
I would ask charges be pressed on you too for knowing and not doing anything.
Thank God itā€™s not my kids!

3 Likes

Whatā€™s more important your mother-in-law or a child that may get bit in the face and cause a lot of damage

1 Like

All Iā€™ma say is she best be glad itā€™s not my kids there! I notice too much to begin with (bumps, bruises, scratches, etc) so how nobody has noticed on their own kids is baffling to me. Idk maybe itā€™s bc Iā€™ve been in a couple bad situations that make me a little extra overprotective but Iā€™m telling you what, MIL doesnā€™t deserve to be keeping ANYONES children when sheā€™s defending the dog over a child smh

3 Likes

Always do the right thing no matter how crappy you feel because you will feel a lot worse if something happens to those kids and you knew you didnā€™t do anything to prevent it ā€¦

1 Like

Oh helllll no! I would report her daycare and tell the parents.

1 Like

If you know that this is happening and youā€™re not doing anything about it, you are just as guilty as she is. Tell the parents and then turn her in so she can never have another child care center again

1 Like

I would tell them. Because one day the dog could potentially really really hurt someoneā€™s child. They should know

1 Like

You have talked to her and warned her. I would absolutely tell the other parents and report it.

Wheelers are " nippers". It is the way they herd cattle and sheep. It is more of a pinch than a bite but they will always see the kids as ā€œlivestockā€. The dog should be separated during business hours. Can your husband speak with her? You have to know your relationship with this family will never be the same. Maybe tell One or two moms and let them continue if they want before ruining you mils entire business.

I like dogs, but I donā€™t like any animal enough to justify it hurting a child (unless child hurt it first)ā€¦I kept my own kid away from people who wouldnā€™t put their aggressive animals away while visiting and they didnā€™t visit us for years. I sure as heck wouldnā€™t risk another kids well-being.

My husband was 2 and had to have stitches in his face (dog tooth almost hit his eye) by a LABRADOR! It was unprovoked. He was sitting playing with toys across the room and the dog walked over and snapped him in the face.

Collies are KNOWN for being snippy and if I knew about it, Iā€™d be telling parents. Screw your MIL, those parents are trusting that she will love and care for those kids while theyā€™re awayā€¦sheā€™s not, so she doesnā€™t deserve that business.

Tell you what I would want to know if my child was being snapped at send the message before a child gets seriously hurt she shouldnā€™t be in that profession.

That really isnā€™t a question at all. PROTECT THE DAMN BABIES !!! THATS CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT. Yelling at a damn baby. Iā€™d be instantly calling the cops because Iā€™m not going to get taken from my kid for beating a bitch up. Theyre trust her with their children and this is happening ? Do something about it or youā€™re every bit responsible for this too.

Stoof the relationship call and get her sorted thatā€™s disgusting!

Iā€™d call the state,myself. :woman_shrugging: Someone has to act to ensure safety for the kids!

So you are leaving your kids there knowing that her dog bites kids, or did I miss something?

She messed with her own business the moment she allowed the dog to do that, I also feel like you have as your not telling them either, that poor childā€™s parents deserves to know that he was bit by a dog, and they have absolutely every right to know too. You should be taking this further not to here, authorities need to know as these kids are clearly in danger when they are there with the dog. MIL either needs to re-home the dog or give up her business, you and her are keeping/leaving those poor defenceless kids in danger of a dog! Speak up now before one of the kids truly does get hurt

1 Like

I would want to know if i was the other parents so i say tell them. Thatā€™s not you destroying her buisness thatā€™s her doing it

Absolutely tell the parentsā€¦that shouldnā€™t even be a question

Destroy that relationship with your mom. That dog can kill a small child one day. One day it wonā€™t just bite or snip and full on attack. Tell those kids and report the dog to the animal shelter. I also would never allow my kids around it. She destroyed her own business the day she chose that dog over the health and safety of the kids.

1 Like

You need to get her shut down. You arenā€™t married to her and it sounds like itā€™s best to cut it off with her anyway!

I would absolutely say something! Tel he safety of those children is far more important than anything else you were concerned about

TELL them! Iā€™m upset for every single parent & child involved in that establishment; she should NOT be in business doing what sheā€™s doing

I have a daycare & two big sweet dogs. I put my dogs away during daycare hours. Not just for the children, but for my dogs too. As much as they are good with kids, they also need a break. Even if I only end up with 2 kids on a certain day, my dogs are not with the kids more than 30min & NEVER without me next to them

3 Likes

Tell her sheā€™s got one hour to tell them or you will!!!

Report her. Youā€™ve tried to reason with her and sheā€™s not being reasonable, or rational.

Wtf? What kind of question is this?? Wow!!! What if a child gets seriously injured or scarred for life because you didnā€™t act?

2 Likes

Which is more important to you protecting he kids or her business?

1 Like

Iā€™d report it not only to the parents but to the proper authorities. Itā€™s highly dangerous, especially if the dog is doing it on a constant basis. That dog may snap and maul a child one day.

1 Like

If one day that dog kills or seriously injured a child, will you be able to live with yourself if you do nothing? Thatā€™s something only you can decide.

1 Like

Is she a licensed home care facility? If so, would contact the State with your concerns and ask them to do an investigation and let the parents know as well.

1 Like

I would tell the parent like you said you would want to know you have to put your personal feeling aside we have had a puppy once and my rule is if it nips our child or any child and draws blood itā€™s gone cause my thought is they will always want that taste and my child as well as another personā€™s child is far more important than a pet and Iā€™m a dog lover what if the dog had a disease or something a d then the child gets is and gets really sick not only will your mil be charged for indangerment of a child you can be as well for knowing and not saying anything

This touches me deeply very much. My own dog bit me and mangled my hands. I now suffer scars and a couple missing fingers, limited movement, severe nerve damage and terrible PTSD and depression. Your MIL should take heed that a dog can have a bad day too. Iā€™m grateful it wasnā€™t my face. I would sit down with her and explain what could happen. I know she knows but just let her know you have her back but will take the proper steps if she doesnt take the proper precautions. I still have dogs. I couldnā€™t imagine my life without one but I will never get back what I had. You can even use me as an example. She need visuals. I can send pictures. I would hate for a child to have to go thru the pain I deal with every second of my life.

Question shouldnā€™t have even been asked just reported to all involved

Tell the parents and then report her to the proper authorities. She obviously cares way more about the dog than she does any living being, you seen so first hand.

Report it to the police

2 Likes

Definitely report her to the parents. And I really hope hubby backs you up on this. That is not at all ok.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe the parent of the child that was not didnā€™t see the marks! Report her ass

How is this even a question :woman_shrugging: the amount of kids harmed or killed by dogs every year and you need the fb army to tell you whatā€™s the right thing to do??? Really?? Come on :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

Iā€™d call animal control and the parents. And the licensing board for the daycare. This situation is how a child ends up mauled.

4 Likes

Fuck her, sheā€™s not protecting those kids so you need to step in if you see this happening. If anything serious happens to the kids and you donā€™t say anything then youā€™re just as responsible for what happens as your irresponsible MIL.

Say something!!! F the relationship speak up for the kids!

2 Likes

Tell the parents ASAP.

1 Like

Border collies are not kid friendly and they really shouldnā€™t be kept in a house. They are outside dogs.
What will happen when the dog bites a child in the face?

5 Likes

Iā€™d report it all together. To everyone. My daughter was bitten by a dog who had previously bitten someone. It was the most traumatic experience as her mother. Now she sports a significant scar on her left cheek. Dogs that bite should not be around children.

4 Likes

Short and sweet:

Your MIL is in the wrong for allowing her dog to be in the same room as the kids.

IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO CAUSE DISFIGUREMENT TO ONE OF THOSE BABIES, YOU ARE TO BLAME AS MUCH AS YOUR MIL.

2 Likes

Are you serious? If you do not speak up and something absolutely horrible happens to one of those children, you are equally responsible because you knew about it !!! How the hell can you even question what the right thing to do is !!!

4 Likes

She shouldnā€™t have a business. Like why is the dog allowed around the kidsā€¦ what if one had allergies and is it even part of regulations. Make parents aware and report to authorities! I wonder if the 20 month old did that to the dog because they were scared or if the child was doing that why not intervene earlier if you know your dog will bite. But at the end of the day should not be around kids if unsafe. She also sounds like a scary teacher/caretake too.

1 Like

Report her. Wouldnā€™t take much for it to attack one day not just nip at them. Too bad if it destroys her centre or careerā€¦ Think of the kids cause sheā€™s not

1 Like

Iā€™d get a throw away number from one of the many apps and say you are a concerned parent letting others know whatā€™s going on. That way itā€™s not easy identifiable from who it came from.

2 Likes

Iā€™d tell one parent and let her report it.

I get why you are hesitant but you canā€™t be. You have given your MIL ample time to do something to remove the risk to the children in her care and she refuses to even acknowledge the danger which only makes this more dangerous.
Ask yourself- with the knowledge you have, when a baby is seriously mauled (or worse), how will you feel? While you might not be legally responsible, donā€™t you have a moral responsibility to protect these innocent kids who donā€™t have a voice?
If you are concerned about the fallout in your family (donā€™t know where hubs falls in on this topic) call the daycare licensing board and make an anonymous report. You can also make an anonymous report to CPS. Iā€™m sure MIL will likely guess who made the report since you have raised the issue but being anonymous can give you some plausible deniability.
Bottom line- you have NO CHOICE but to report this before a child is seriously injured (or worse). You are clearly more concerned about MILā€™s ā€œbusinessā€ than she is so put that behind you

2 Likes

Report her and tell them.

Tell the parents! Iā€™d want to know if it were me. One day the dog is going to snap and really hurt a child bad. Then sheā€™ll likely have to have her dog put down and lose her business. Yes, itā€™s the dogā€™s home too but sheā€™s also responsible for the safety of the children left in her care.

1 Like

Iā€™d speak up before a kids face gets bitten!! She shouldnā€™t have a daycare if the kids arenā€™t her top priority!

Iā€™d be warning people for sure

Yeah eff her and that damn dog. Get rid of it or put it up when kids who are NOT yours are around. What an idiot she is

I would speak up. Plain and simple. Itā€™s not about feelings, itā€™s about safety of those kids.

No offence buuuuuttt if you feel the safety of the children are in jeopardy why are you asking us? I wouldnā€™t hesitate to call the other parents and let them know

I would definitely report it and tell all of the parents that their kids are around a dog who has a problem of nipping/ ļæ¼ biting. At the end of the day if one of the parents found out what happened or saw the dog bite a child they could have the dog put to sleep. And Iā€™m sure nobody wants that. Or if a child got seriously injured the parents could sue.ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼

Iā€™d personally stay out of it. Arenā€™t there marks in the children from bites? Wouldnā€™t their parents see them. Thatā€™s old enough to at least say say the dog hurt me at 20 months.

Id be reporting her social who what ever the people are who make sure children are safe at day cares, shes endangering all those children the parents shpuld no what if god forbid a child is serously injured by this dog

I would 100% report her because you can prevent a child from getting seriously hurtā€¦ If you do nothing your honestly just as bad as your MIL

1 Like

You absolutely tell them.

This is one of the reasons why so many innocent children get abused. Because adults donā€™t speak upā€¦ Your MIL should not be providing care for any child FULL STOP.

5 Likes

See something always say something especially when involving children