Should I wait for my husband to change his mind?

I have been with my husband for 6 years and married for 2. We met in high school so I knew him way before this as well. We have had so many fights that have escalated to the point of me grabbing my stuff and leaving but always coming back. It always is over dumb things too. So about 2 weeks ago we fought over a text. He texted me “good morning” I texted “hey babe” it was such a big deal that I did not respond with a “good morning” and the fight just escalated to the point where I was literally running from it like I tend to do a lot I will admit but I run because I feel like we go in circles and it’s constantly the same BS and “oh you interrupt me, oh you always say you don’t care and run from problems, blah blah blah” but with me he is so controlling to the point where he don’t even trust me going out with people he has never met personally or bring our son. He gets irritated and mad if I don’t drop everything I’m doing to answer his calls or texts, he is super controlling and gets mad at me for thing like coming home at 10 from my parents but he came home at 11:30 one night and when I got mad it was a problem. We went like a week without talking unless it was a fight or it was about our son. When he came home from work because he travels sometimes he left to golf instead of fix things. He told me a week ago he didn’t want to be married anymore and took his ring off. I took mine off finally and when I say I have cried and told him several times I want us to work I have done just that yet he has not seemed to change his opinion on staying together. When I tried to pack my stuff and leave with our son he told me I should stay until our lease is up. Sometimes he will be okay with me and it will seem alright I mean we even had an intimate moment the other night but it was that and then we went to sleep no taking or cuddling and no rings the next day just talking like normal. It’s messing with my head and I don’t know what to do. I feel like I want to hold on but part of me is also letting go and thinking I can do better for myself and my son by leaving as much as I do love him because if he loved me I feel he would be crying to me as well and showing emotions and he is not he is soooo blank with no emotions at all and I can’t even recognize him at times. I just don’t know what to do and honestly don’t want to sit around waiting for him to want me again. He has no ring on still and it’s been almost 2 weeks but still has pictures of me up on socials and my name but says he is done. I told him he is confusing me and he says he is not that he was clear… ugh I’m rambling at this point, there is so much I could type.

128 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I wait for my husband to change his mind?

Just leave already but for real and for good this time

I didn’t even finish all of this before knowing I needed to say “run sis”

He’s controlling and snaps at you for nothing, go and don’t look back

5 Likes

Sounds toxic… run far away.

He’s a narcissist. Pack your stuff and leave, if not for yourself but for your son. He deserves better as do you

5 Likes

It’s over and start divorce proceeding. F all that BS

All these :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:!!! :running_woman: :dash:!!!

1 Like

Sounds toxic. Narcissist at its finest. Leave.

2 Likes

Therapy. You both have issues that are making this toxic but with therapy you could work on yourselves and your marriage and fix this if you both choose to.

6 Likes

Stop sleeping with him. Stop giving him any attention outside of discussing the child. Let it go.

11 Likes

Run away…he is a POS… you gonna wind up on forensic files

2 Likes

You both need to grow up

1 Like

Leave and stay gone.

Narcissism at its finest.
RUN!

3 Likes

Sounds like my ex husband. Leave. He’s a narcissist. It will only get worse. The damage it’s doing to your son alone is bad. I know

1 Like

Don’t deal with the disrespect file for divorce and get yourself some therapy

2 Likes

sounds very similar to the way my ex was. leave sweety you and your son will be better off. best of luck to you

3 Likes

Google how to deal with a narcissist

3 Likes

He’s already got someone else. Leave.

3 Likes

Sounds like you got together when very young and now you have both grown up but not on same wave length anymore .you both need to sit down and talk things over.if you can’t work it out better to be apart but try to stay good friends you have a child together and little one doesn’t want to see his parents arguing and fightin not good for child .better to go separate ways .and find a better future for you and your child you can do this

Stop dealing with that and file for divorce.

1 Like

Sounds like its time to move on

Why are you still together? Get a good lawyer and one of you leave

You can do better. Arguing because you said “hey babe“ instead of “good morning” is absolutely ridiculous and is nothing but controlling. Also, I feel that him taking his ring off is for someone’s benefit. There’s probably someone else. Let her/him have him!!

12 Likes

You need to leave you deserve better he is playing games with your heart and emotions. he has you brainwashed to the point you believe him. I am not saying this to judge or hurt you in any way, I am speaking from my personal experience. The games they play messes you up. I lived it hugs and I hope you look deep down and find how much happier you and your son would be without all the stress.

3 Likes

I’d definitely be moving on if I were you

Time to be done. Don’t waste anymore time on him.

1 Like

That’s not normal run with ur child

You and your son stay until lease is up. Be sure to notify the landlord you will be leaving unless you can afford it on your own. He doesn’t want to be married he can leave
Consult a lawyer to make sure all bases are covered support wise. Once he leaves be sure to inform the landlord even if it’s just a few day or weeks to protect you if anything goes wrong.

5 Likes

He checked out a long time ago.

2 Likes

He appears to be a gaslighting narcissist.

3 Likes

I didn’t even have to finish reading it to know this is super toxic. You need to leave.

2 Likes

Girl, take the trash out :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

If you stay, you’re teaching your son that it’s perfectly fine to treat women that way, and your son will do the same thing.

6 Likes

It’s sad but honestly I’d take your son and run. If these are just a few things… thusnis sad. This is abuse. At least mental and verbal and emotional abuse. You deserve better and so does your son

4 Likes

Sounds like he has a side b. H

1 Like

Leave Shut up or put up

For crying out loud. Where is your self-esteem? Grab your stuff, get your son, and leave. Let him worry about the lease. Start a new…better…life.

7 Likes

Leave and don’t look back. Love should be easy and healing…it sounds exhausting and toxic. He probably has someone else and he’s moved on.

You hVe to leave no one should be controlled its a 50 50 split if you leave you will find out you will be happier

Whenever you feel like you have to come on social media and tell strangers all of this info it means you already know what to do you just want validation because you’re terrified of making a mistake. You need to definitely be out of that relationship completely, only coparenting for your child. Either he leaves or you do or you sell the house. Like Robert stated above staying won’t teach your son any good

7 Likes

My marriage was like this too. I stayed too long (15 years). Get out now! He’s a toxic narcissist!! Once you get away from him you will gain clarity, I promise. You deserve so much better!!

You both sound toxic af

Grow up, I feel bad for your kid.

6 Likes

The control issues alone are enough. He expects you to drop everything and come running at his beck and call, gets angry if you don’t respond with specific phrases, and doesn’t hold himself to the same standards in terms of when to be home, etc…even if he decided to give it another try, you deserve better.

3 Likes

THERAPY! You both have terrible communication skills. It is truly apparent that you both still love each other but are having a hard time communicating this to each other. Also know that having sex is not the same as making love, so don’t blur those lines. This arguing in front of your little child is very detrimental to your child’s health and growth, so STOP THAT! Get into see a good marriage therapist.

I make over $150 an hour working from home. I never thought I’d be able to do this, but my colleague makes over $13,980 a month doing it, and he convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities with this are endless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://DollarSuccess631.pages.dev/

Y’all sound immature and insecure.
Frankly most guys give and give until they hit a final breaking point, but then it’s for real. You cried wolf too many times. Best just move on

You’re letting him use you, if you are ok with until your lease is up than your recovery will be horrendous
Get your ducks in order and look forward to what’s gonna happen next for you

1 Like

You deserve better and so does your son. Think of what you’re reaching him by staying with someone who doesn’t even care about you.

This is so unhealthy. Leave.

1 Like

It’s over.

He’s just not in it anymore.
Your “intimate moment” was just him wanting to “get off” so to speak.

He’s emotionally checked out… Don’t hold on…you’ll be destroyed.

11 Likes

Just because the decision is extremely hard doesn’t mean it’s the wrong decision.

You deserve to be in a loving relationship without being controlled.

I hope you find someone that deserves you. :heart:

6 Likes

Its over. He’s already shown you its over.

1 Like

You both sound like exhausting people to be with

6 Likes

When you work with a trustworthy Account Manager who trades with the right broker, you are sure to succeed in bitcoin mining / binary options trading. I am happy that I finally came out with my first successful withdrawal, although it was difficult for me at first if not for the great help from Mrs Lisa jennifer, I am so happy to have found my mentor and I still look forward to more successful withdrawals. You can contact her through this link

You’re trauma bonded to him which is why you staying. He said the truth when he said he doesn’t want to be married anymore and took off his ring and hasn’t put it back on. He was only intimate with you cause he knows you’ll be intimate with him. It’s time to leave hun. You don’t need to be with a man who thinks it’s okay to control his wife. Please for divorce and file for child support against him. You need to love yourself enough to recognize that you deserve someone who will treat you like a queen.

11 Likes

Narcissistic and you feel the need to stay because of why???

3 Likes

Sounds like he is controlling and selfish. You need to at least make a plan to leave . Call a lawyer for a free consult of your rights. Figure out where you are going , Pack you and your sons things. Make a plan don’t just fly out the door. And after you have done that …work on you and being a better you for you and your son. Work on your future. Education or training of some kind so that you don’t need a man. If there is to be another man in your life let it be because you want one not need one.

He told you he doesn’t want to be married anymore. Why are you still there ? Your son is the one suffering over your relationship. Your teaching him how to gaslight women and the narcissist behavior. Believe me kids learn quickly and will do the same when they are grown.

5 Likes

Run. And mean it. Take care of YOU & your SON. :pray:

Why are you letting him run your life??? You deserve better! Get some self respect for yourself! This doesn’t sound like love to me! Good luck!

2 Likes

So this is a toxic unhealthy relationship and you are worth more then that.
You are constantly fighting over things that shouldn’t be a fight, he wants to control who your friends are and you can’t even sit late at your parents house without it being a issue. You are a grown up not a child with a curfew.
If you won’t leave for yourself and your own mental health, leave for your child. They shouldn’t be subjected to the toxicity and y’all are teaching the child that toxicity.
6 years is a long time but sometimes that has to be left behind so you can have a better life.
Stop having sex with him, if all possible stop living with him. It sounds like he wants to be able to do want he wants while keeping some control over you. He probably doesn’t want you to move on while he moves on himself. He is playing kind games and gaslighting you when you start to notice it.
You are being abused.

Fighting over a good morning text is make up or break up at this point. This relationship sounds exhausting.

6 Likes

I’ll be as simple as possible, LEAVE! You don’t need your son thinking that’s how a man acts.

Go. Just go. You’re wasting your life. I wasted many years like this. Years you can’t get back. Take care of yourself and your child. Be happy.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re STILL in high school. Neither of you sound mature enough to be married.

Cut your losses.
Split up. Go to therapy. Move on.

5 Likes

Need to leave. By sounds of it he could be cheating. U should not let any man do this to you. U deserve to have a man to put you as his queen and be treated like it . It’s only gona get worse from here.

Leave … sooner than later. Get a plan and go
And do not go back
He doesn’t want to be a husband so leave him and start living your life for you and your son.
Trust me when I say that after you are out of the constant craziness and you are doing what you want . You will realize how miserable you were and wish you had gone sooner. It is such peace after your out of the constant toxicity.

2 Likes

This relationship sounds exhausting
Seriously, you should go. He is not the one.

3 Likes

Sounds childish AF. I guarantee you if you put your ring on, so would he. It’s clear it ain’t gonna happen, but you will be in some repetitive childish bs for the rest of your relationship. Good luck.

3 Likes

I read a few sentences and my conclusion is couples counseling. You met at a young age. You didn’t learn how to communicate effectively. You need to now.

I’m exhausted by your relationship just by reading that. You need to really evaluate why you want to stay because that sounds awful, from both sides. You can love someone and not be with them—plus, having a kid grow up with constant conflict is certainly a way to cause childhood trauma.

1 Like

I didn’t even read the entire post and can tell yall ain’t good for each other :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Don’t play his games. Just leave

Be glad he’s took his ring off. This is definitely a toxic situation so leave and be free and see what’s out there and find yourself again. You should find yourself and start loving yourself as you really do deserve more xx

1 Like

Leave when he’s at work so that he doesn’t try to stop you

You need therapy and sound like you are mentally unwell on your own since always run from conflict.

Also hold space for his emotions and not just yours.

3 Likes

…y’all both toxic af.

7 Likes

You know exactly what to do. You didn’t say one positive thing about him and according to you it’s constant arguing. He told you he doesn’t want to be with you and the only reason y’all still live together is so neither is stuck with the lease. The sex was just that sex so stop it. It’s over so start figuring out how you’re gonna move on when the time comes to physically leave

Sounds like u both play games and both need to grow up … a relationship takes work from both people everyday .

9 Likes

Exactly what he said! He done. Why you hanging around?!

1 Like

Get out, it will only get worse and you and your SON needs a better life!!!

1 Like

Leave and don’t look back

Leave he won’t change get out been there done that more then once

Gaslighter narcissist… get out while u can and don’t let him control you. He will and it will be rough

1 Like

Why would you want to stay with someone like that??? Have some self worth!! I used to ask myself if i died today would i be happy with the life im living ? My reply to myself was NO!!! So i made changes to be happy ,dont wait for him to valadate you ,be in charge of your own happiness

5 Likes

You are wasting your time. He needs to grow up… and so do you. Leave and if he wants you back later (which he will) only after marriage counseling. These problems are so childish really

4 Likes

Maybe you guys should consider seeking some counseling.

2 Likes

You can do MUCH MUCH BETTER. Let yourself heal, of course it’s going to hurt :woman_shrugging: and take time with the next one, it will happen when it’s time. True love doesn’t hurt…

Counselling might help but you both must work on it. It’s a two party problem. It must be a two party fix as well.

He’s showing no emotion because, as you admitted, you continuously leave and come back. He is either to the point he really doesn’t care or he’s just used to the same cycle. My ex of 10 years did the same thing, we lived together for a year after we separated (he was cheating and wanted a new life). Sometimes he’d act like everything was normal then we’d fight the next day and he’d say I can’t wait for you to leave. Finally when I packed my stuff and was actually leaving he begged me to stay, he was on the floor crying. I showed him the same emotionless persona he showed me for a year and walked away for good.

Cue the toxicity… You both are teaching your child that this type of shiiii is ok. Please move forward!

2 Likes

You both sound like you need counseling, just leave, it’s better for your son. He doesn’t need to see back and forth toxic love, or he will think that’s how all relationships are and will make his future love life difficult. He said he was done, took off his ring, so there’s your answer. If he cared he would show it. Leave, and focus on your son instead of dating for awhile

7 Likes

I understand wanting to make your relationship work, but sometimes that’s just not in the cards. I say that if both of you are willing, try therapy first. But if that fails, then you may want to consider going separate ways. Two happy homes are better than one miserable home.

2 Likes

Speaking from experience, he most likely will not change. You sound like you both need therapy.

2 Likes

Just another way to control you. Don’t wait for the lease to be up just find yourself a place and go… he probably thinks he can take it all back whenever he wants so long as you live with him. If that happens it’ll just be a vicious never ending cycle. He’s definitely playing with your emotions but at the same time you can’t leave him if he already ended it right?
Meh… no. (BTW I’m a runner too and it is by far my worst quality and the hardest habit to break.)
I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. Sending positive vibes.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I don’t understand why anyone would laugh about this.

1 Like

That’s called conditioning… get out and stay out

2 Likes

He’s told you he is fine with the relationship.,. Believe him. Stop having sex, double up on birth control, get tested start speaking to lawyers and prepare yourself to need a job and a new place to live. Look for impartial reliable childcare. Take copies of all of your financial documents as well as personal documents.

1 Like