Should I worry that my daughter cries when her dad leaves?

Literally… Everything you do has a psychological effects on your daughter. Everything. Handle it as healthy as you can. She’ll be grown one day… And debriefing shapes her future.

Oh sweetie, this is completely normal.
She’s also going to cry because she has to wear pants or doesn’t get to eat dog food.
I promise, she’s fine

It’s normal. My two-year-old daughter cries when her daddy goes to work. He and I have been together for almost five years.

If there’s a question of her being psychologically effected, take her for counseling. Even if others consider it “too much”, you’ve gone with your gut to try to advocate for your daughter and her emotional well being.

My 5 year old still cries when i leave. Kids do that. Keep allowing them time together and a safe space to hang out and visit. Good on you!

1 Like

personal experience , vat first yes my daughter would cry when her dad would leave and there were times he was all she wanted , but it was a phase and it will go away , my daughter is now 5 and tells her dad she hopes he stubs his toe after saying bye love u , i allow her to express her feelings towards him any way she chooses , , and he takes it like a champ cuz he knows hes done wrong by her , i wasnt allowed to express how i felt as a child and now i bottle everything up and explode on the wrong people , my kid doesnt take her frustration with him out on anyone other than him and honestly its healthy for her to be able to do and im glad he allows to do so its healthy for the both of them … and no i dont influence what she says or she feels ,

Its called loving her father

It simply means she loves her dad too.

Is this a real question? Duh!

Whether you are on good terms or not it is good for her to still see him. When it comes to parenting it isn’t about you anymore it’s all about them so definitely continue letting her see him unless he is capable doing dangerous things around her or capable of harming your child/anyone around your child. Because your daughter is only 2 she will not understand why he is leaving but at the same time don’t under estimate how smart a 2 year old can be. Reassure her that she will see her Daddy again and that is loved by both of you. It will take time but between reassuring her and keeping his visits routine she will become used to it but try to make sure they are regular routine visits and make sure he understands the importance of keeping up the routine. At the same time you can also work on trying to at least become civil with the Dad for your daughter because she deserves 2 parents that can get along and coparent together. It may help to put rules in place between the 2 of you and there will probably have to be compromised but again what counts is that you both are making things as easy as possible for your daughter