Should kids birthdays be celebrated together?

I have 5 that are the same month I let them decide what to cook for dinner on their bday then I do one big party now my oldest is 13 I said I would do hers separate

I’m in the same boat my son was due on my daughters first birthday when they were little we combined they have a weeekend in between their birthdays now their older both 11 right now daughter turns 12 on Sunday we do seperate depending on what age one will have a party the other will go out for a family dinner

I always did with my 2 youngest. December 27th then January 1st! But I don’t like hosting parties so it’s easier that way

My oldest son and my youngest are exactly 11 years apart one on Feb.11 and one on Feb.10th because of the age gap we do there birthdays seperate.

My girls birthdays are a month apart almost exactly. I celebrated them together in between both of their birthdays until they were both in school and had their own friends, now I celebrate them separately. Theyre 7 and 9 now.

Let them be separate

If mine were that close I would do them together while they are younger. When our little girl gets bug enough for school and makes her own little friends start doing separate parties

1 Like

My bonus are 6 days apart. Their mom has one combined party, but I do two separate since they wanted to have their own days. They’re 10 & 11.

The big birthday party should be combined but cake and ice cream on their actual birthdays with presents from mom, dad, and siblings

Mine did theirs together until they were older

My son has kids born. In the same month and when they were young they celebrated them together now that they are teens they choose what they want to do with they friends …and then we have a family party for the both together since they live in a different city as my family does

My kids birthdays are 2 weeks apart (11 month age difference). I had joint birthdays up until they were 4 and 5 and my oldest had school friends to invite.

Mine are a year and 1 day apart. We’ve always done their birthdays together. They’re turning 10 & 11 this year. They’ve never had an issue with it so far!

My girls are ten days apart, and when they were younger the combined party worked. But once they got older, it changed and my oldest was happy with family dinners.

2 of my nieces have birthdays 3 days apart (same sister). My sister usually tries and do one party for both of them, but also tries to do a cake or something with just family the day off their birthday

I’d ask what my kid wants.

My 18 yo son and 13 yo daughter have birthdays January 7 and 8. We celebrate with family and friends all together. But they each get their own cake that they pick. On their actual birthday they get to pick all meals. And get a small gift to open so they know that it is their special day.

1 Like

Me and my daughter share a birthday and to this day so confused on how to it but this I think they should have their own. My brothers always did and they are 1 weeks apart

Mine 2 weeks apart always did one party.

My baby is due 8 days before his brother turns 3, I’ll be doing a joint one when bubs is 1 and older boy is 4, then separate for his 5th and separate going forward, I’ll just do them on the weekend, one before or one after. I’m also a twin, so know how fun joint parties are while young, but kinda sucked getting older, and getting joint presents, same as Christmas too, so ill make sure my boys get to have their own day, once they get older.

My sister & I had the same birthday, 2 yrs apart. I don’t think we ever felt like it was our own special day & we’ll soon be 81 & 83. My feelings would be to let them each have their own special day.

We have 3 kids, all spring/summer birthdays… 1 week a part and then a month later. We do a small home made dinner of their choice, home made cake, and a couple presents on each individual birthday. Then over summer (after the three kids have each had their birthdays) we do a big summer BBQ Bash with tons of presents, everyone (friends, family, neighbors, relatives) all get invited and have a big party and celebrate together. Saves us money and each kid still gets a special day.

Our kids birthdays are 9/07, 09/09 and 09/19 and we do joint birthdays until they ask us not to. Their First birthdays were always just their own and then after we did joint.

My kids are 2 weeks apart & 2 years apart, they have their party together :woman_shrugging:

How do the kids feel about it

I don’t do parties so I would celebrate separate. If you do parties then celebrate each on their own day then plan one big party after the youngest bday that way you don’t have to worry about trying to get people to show up twice. When they’re old enough to make their own friends then separate the parties

Whatever you can afford

My sister and I are 2 days apart. Always had are b-day parties together, but each our own cake. When we started going to school we were allowed 3-4 friends each. When we were teens we had 1 family party then each our own day for a party with friends.

1 Like

While they are little it is okay to do their birthdays together but just kind of make each one feel special in their moment. When they get older I think they will want their own birthdays.

My daughter has 4 little girls that have birthdays in the summer in a 3 month period. On their actual birthday they have a cake and a few presents and a little family birthday but she has a summer Birthday Bash for all four girls and it’s a bigger party. Her girls are 3 to 7. Until they start saying that they want their own party, I think it is perfectly fine

1 Like

My older boys are 14 and 12 there birthdays are April 25 and April 26th so we always have there party together and my two daughters there birthdays are October 16th and October 28th I also have another son his birthday is September 24th he has his own party and my youngest is born in may so he will also have his own party the kids don’t mind it at all but like on there actual birthday we do have cake and stuff at home as well so they still get that special day

My sister and I were 7 yrs apart, our birthdates were 2 days a part. The family celebrated on the one date but individual parties for school and childhood friends.

My oldest 2 birthdays are 3 weeks apart both in August, the get their own personal cake on their birthdays and get to choose where they want to eat but we do their party’s together until they ask for separate ones. Our family all live a few hours from us so it’s just easier to do party’s together

My boys are shy of one day being 3 years apart. We have always did separate birthdays. They are now 35 and 32 and still do separate.

I have two daughters a week apart they both get their own special day it doesn’t matter how small

My 3 kids birthdays are the 5,12&15th of the same month. We celebrate them together then I take them out separately for lunch and shopping or whatever they want to do.

1 Like

My oldest and my middle child’s birthdays are 1 weeks apart and we always do a joint birthday for them. We just have separate cakes & presents. When they get older and aren’t into parties as much we will let them decided what they want to do for their birthdays separately.

I will never make my kids share a birthday party growing up I had to share mine and I hated it, a birthday is the day to celebrate the birth of a specific person, my son is 4 and I always do a party for him with family, his birthday is July 26th my daughter is due any day now her due date is the 16th of this month and I will never make them share

In our house Everyone gets their own special day.

My daughter Birthday is December 15th and my son Birthday is December 31st but we will do them together till they asks

Separately. We have Sept 12 and 30, Oct 13, Nov 5 and 12, Feb 9 and 11 and each child has their own party.

Why not? Saves guest travel time and saves you making 2 different meals if you serve lunch…etc…we always do. We have birthdays here may 14th, 26th and 27th. June 4th, 5th, 12th,15th, 24th…gets to be alot

2 Likes

I think celebrating together when they’re younger is ok until they say they want their own but 1st birthday I think should always be celebrated separately tho. They should have their own special celebration. But when celebrating together they should still get their own theme unless they can agree on one together

One of my siblings and I had birthdays 6 days apart and I feel that it is better to do it separate their birthday and party should be their special day

1st birthdays were separated but after that we have done same birthday party just did 2 themes

My daughters are 3 years, 1 week apart. We have always celebrated separately. They’re different children and deserve their own celebration in my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I always loved seeing ALL my family. Twin cousins born a week after me. We did Birthday times 3 till we were about 12. Get cakes for each individual birthday though. It’s always great when the whole family can celebrate together

2 of my kids are 1 day apart i do them together

I had to share growing up because we are only 5 days apart but we didn’t get many parties. If they are old enough to decide I’d say ask them. Now me and my brother are older we want to have one together this year. My brothers birthday is 9/20 and mine is 9/15. But 2 years difference

Separate
Each child deserves their own day.

1 Like

My birthday would fall on Father’s Day every so often, The two would get celebrated at the same time. As a kid I always felt that Fathers Day was celebrated over my birthday. There was no special thing done for me and no kids invited. I don’t feel thou that kids need a party every year. Just make their day a special one for them. A day that they feel important and loved.Not every parent can afford to throw their kids a party. Plus it’s very heart breaking if when they do have a party, not many kids show up.

1 Like

Honestly all 3 of my kids have birthdays close to holidays so we do not really do birthday party’s. We let each child pick what restaurant they want to eat at for their birthday and then we go as a family. They will have a dinner at my in-laws house also but the 2 youngest birthdays are 3 weeks apart and the middle one is 5 days before Christmas so they will combine that one into one extended family dinner. It’s worked for us. They have never asked for a party and I think since we’ve always done it this way they really don’t know that it’s different.

Have them share it they still get a party, it’s really not a big deal!

My kids one boy one girl 2 years apart have birthdays 4 days apart. We had 1 party until they were just too old. Now we do other thjngs

Everyone deserves their own day.

My 11 year old an 4 yr old are a day apart also my 8yr old an two yr old the younger ones are girls oldest are boys we do same day diff theme

As someone who has a birthday around a major holiday, I HATED sharing it!! I wanted to be celebrated individually and not an after thought. Celebrate them individually. They’re individuals who also probably have different likes and dislikes. Birthdays are special for them as individuals. Keep them separate.

1 Like

Buy a casket for the girls an one for the boy an diff table clothes an just dollar tree plates an cups

if its only 2 kids in the home .then seperate but when you have that many its just too much to do all separate lol just incorporate a little of each ones fav stuff into it and itll be fine. take what you save on extra parties and get some extra presents so they all feel special

1 Like

My girls are 3 years and 5 days apart. I’ve done separate parties and it was just too much on everyone. I currently do a “Birthday Week” celebration for them, one party and a week full of fun filled activities. They seem to love it and it’s less stressful on me!

My oldest kids are 7/18 and 7/28
One year apart
This is excatly why I gave up on parties. Well one of the many reasons lol , and let them decide whatever they wanted to do on their birthday.
As long as it’s in reason.
They can bring friends, or not… up to them.
They are just boss for a day.
It’s their day. Then whatever gift they wanted ( also within reason lol) we get them. And we all go as a family. To celebrate who they are becoming as a person.
The day was about what they choose. Cuz it was a day about them.
I did a few parties together and it just didn’t seem right. So I dunno. I hate parties in general though lol
This has worked for us :woman_shrugging:

Since they’re little do them together.

I would do the milestone birthdays like 1yr, 5yr separate but the others together.

2 Likes

My 2 youngest boys are almost 2 years apart…they’re bdays are 11/4 and 11/6. I always made them each their own cakes of their choosing but, we really didn’t do parties since 1 of them doesn’t live with me. Now that they’re almost 16 and almost 18, they don’t even really care about the cake and are good to just celebrate together.

This is hard. Budget wise it makes sense to do them together but maybe a different theme. And separately as they get older. Everyone deserves their special day though. The 3 year old might not really care right now but when it’s time to celebrate like the 6th bday… they may not want to share that day anymore.

I always did my kids birthdays today. I had them May 26 2000 and May 22nd 2001 and they are girl and boy. They just always grew up used to having they’re parties together. I think it would have been hard gathering people for one party 1 weekend and then having them come again for another party the next. I know it’s hard for me to make time to go to 1 bday party as it is. I think most people would say " I made it to this one but can’t come next week so I’ll just give them the gift now".
Or they just don’t come or send a gift at any time.
The decorations we would do half and half cakes half care bear and half Spiderman or w e.

Let them choose maybe they like it together or maybe they like their own day I would just talk to them and go from there

In my opinion no me and my son have birthdays 3 days apart and then my youngest is a few days after his so I want everyone to feel special and have their own day

Birthdays are special, I think when they are little its ok to share them but at some point they need to feel special on their own day. I am big on Birthdays and I think that everyone deserves a day once a year that is for them to feel special.

1 Like

I’d ask the oldest since it’s her day too. And if she doesn’t want to share a party don’t force her to.

First Birthday by them self, then you could have just one after that,

My little two are both in September. I always have thrown them one party together

1 Like

Small combined Birthday party for both so family can celebrate and they can have their friends and something seperate special for each on their birthday

Yes i would celebrate them together & get them out of the way thats what graddaughter does her bd in sept. OCT.

My first 2 kids was10 months and 1 week apart we always had their party’s together tell they got older. Didnt care what others said didn’t want 2 different parties for a week it was only family and close friends and times were hard back than

My boys birthdays are Oct 10, Nov 11 Nov 12 and Jan 5. We do one big party with my parents sometime in the middle bc they live 10 hours away and we both get alot of snow. Then each kid has a friends party near their actual birthdays and they get cake and pick dinner on their actual birthday.

My cousins birthdays were June 19, 20 and 22 and my aunt just had one big family party and then let the kids so something to celebrate individual birthdays

Separate unless they’re twins. It’s their special day while they are young.

1 Like

I still do. My son will be 12, daughter 10. 2 weeks apart. And their Auntie has a birthday in between.

Depends on what the kids want my twins are the 8th my son the 9th and they pick together or separate

Do what works best for you. When they’re little maybe together and separate when they get a little older. They may want to have their own special day.

My husband, his sister and brother were all born on May 27 in different years! They always had one party with a three layer cake and presents for all three of them.

My brother and I have birthdays one day apart although we are 4 years apart in age and we had nothing in common and didn’t get along as kids so we hated having joint birthdays. I would ask what do the kids want to do.

1 Like

My sister and I’s birthday was just one week apart and we always had one party together until we were 10….never felt jilted or anything we always had fun :blush:

1 Like

I’ll never do it together. Each person deserves a day to celebrate themselves.
I’ve been to combined parties and it’s just not the same.

2 Likes

Absolutely not! My birthday was three days after my sister’s. I was TWENTY-ONE the first time a friend (Barbara Tatum) made me a cake that didn’t say “Happy birthday _____ and Amy”. I cried about that later i was so happy. It’s not that hard to make TWO different celebrations. Your kids will appreciate it. I promise.

2 Likes

Should look up the Irish twin group on Facebook. My two youngest are 2 and 3 born March 30th and April 4th so there is 5 days between birthdays we have always and will always celebrate together.until they express interest in having their own parties oR themes.

My kids birthdays are 4 days apart. My youngest was born 4 days after my sons 2nd birthday. This year for his 3rd birthday and my youngests 1st birthday we’re putting them together. My little brother and I have birthdays 3 days apart. (3rd birthday present 3 days late as I call him :wink:) and we had our birthdays put together until I insisted I wanted MY OWN birthday hahaha I was 14. So I’ll keep putting my boys birthdays together until they decide they want their own :woman_shrugging:t3:

Separate. Its the one day out of the year that its allllll about them. Their special day. :heart:

1 Like

My brother and I have birthdays 2 weeks apart…both in December. Our parents celebrated ours separately. It was usually nothing fancy. They don’t have a lot of money. So we usually had a homemade cake decorated in our favorite theme at the time (Rainbow Bright, Care Bears, GI Joe, He-Man, etc). So we had cake, our favorite meal, and presents. Maybe a dozen total people if that. Honestly…its about what you can afford. You could do them together, but have separate cakes.

Separate when older so they don’t feel like they have to compete for their day, but for now it could be okay to do them together. Unless it’s a major birthday like the first birthday, the fifth, etc.

1 Like

I think individual and that makes each one of them feel more special

2 Likes

My daughters birthday is sept 27th and my son is oct 9th we have had all there birthdays together except their first. It hasn’t been a problem yet. They are 5 and 2

1 Like

I have 3 kids. My oldest in November and my twins in December. We will do something special with them on their birthdays but will do joint parties. With the holidays and birthdays it is easier for family and friends just to all come at the same time. When they are older and have big birthdays and my oldest wants his separate we will do that.

3 Likes

I had my 2 together until they were older then they have diff friends and diff interests so I have them seperate now.they are 13 and 15

1 Like

My older two are a week apart. I did all their birthdays together up until they were 15 and 13. They are 17 and 15 now and my daughter wanted an outing at the beach and my son wants to stay home :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

My kids are almost 3 weeks apart my youngest is 2 and my middle child is 4 . June 5th and June 26 . In my opinion they deserve their own celebration so that’s what I do . I do all the decorations hand made and balloon work myself. So that definitely saves us a few bucks . But to each their own ,you’ll know what to do once it’s time.

1 Like

Together until they are in school. Each could have their own cake!

1 Like

My first 2 were born a year apart almost to the day. 8/14 first 8/12 second. When they were to young to know I had only 1 party. Later on they each had their own day.

2 Likes

We do one big party like the week end before so family from out of town can come (both sets of grandparents live 5 hours away) but we do a cake and save one present for their actual birthday! Mines bdays are 8 days apart

1 Like

It just depends. I always have my oldest 2 together. They are 1 year 11 months apart. They always agreed on the same kind of party and never once complained. Now my middle and youngest child is 7 years and 2 days apart. With the huge age gap I’ve never done theirs together even though their bdays are 2 days apart. This year we did do theirs together. ONLY because their older brother passed away 2 days before my middle boys bday :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

We celebrated all 3 together. Birthdays are Feb 5th, 9th and 14th. Sadly my oldest is no longer here with us and his birthday will forever be celebrated in spirit…

2 Likes