Should my boyfriend remove the photos of his ex wife and kids from his house?

My husband had pics of his two ex’s mother of his children! It never bothered me! I think it is important for the kids to know as a Step mom! You support their father, as their father, and their mom as their mom. And regardless of their relationship with their ex’s that was all before you! Don’t be intimidated! Support the kids , so they know you are an ally ! Their friend! Their fathers wife, their step mom! Embrace it! It is important for kids to know ! Speaking as a step mom of 4 , married 37 years! His ex and I are good friends! One Ex passed af age 36 from Cancer, his youngest mother! I could never take her place, but she knows the respect I had for her mom , as her mom. And I am here as her friend and Step mom.

1 Like

After my ex and I divorced he moved his gf and her kids into the same house we lived in together. There were pics on the wall of all of us from the years we were together. One day my ex had taken them all down. My kids came for a visit. They had replaced the pictures with ones of just the girlfriends family. My children were heartbroken. They didn’t understand. It was still their family. Their mom, dad and siblings. Why not just add your own pictures. I know it’s not going to be a popular opinion but I’m just remembering how it made my children feel.

9 Likes

What wall, where?
The living room is a place for photos of family, she is the mother of his children and they will always be family.

Do his kids come over and have a room? (I’d hope they do)
Place any pictures of just him and her, or just her in their room.

Have you gotten new family pics taken of you him and your kids together?
Add them to the wall.

Are they group photos?
Those should stay, removing them will hurt his kids.

Do you have pics of your family with your ex and his kids?
Add them to the wall.

Being accepting and mature is important here.

If they are family photos there is no reason to take them down.

I could see not having a photo with only the ex in it being taken down and saved for the kids for sure, or like I said moved to their room, or a pic of him and her, but definitely don’t try and remove pictures of his kids, who are also your kids too now.

Don’t be insecure and petty.

6 Likes

Your boyfriend needs to leave you :woman_shrugging:t2: thats his home, and photos of his children.

3 Likes

Put yours up too. You can’t erase his past and shouldn’t want to. Those are his kids and someone he was married to. He’s married to you now, be secure in that.

8 Likes

That’s their momma… in HER house lol.

2 Likes

His kids? He’s supposed to take photos of his kids down?

3 Likes

He could take them down and make a photo album for his kids. But if only of kids I would leave them up for him

2 Likes

Maybe the ones of just him and her but the ones of him and his kids and her ,them are memories and like it or not he will always have love for the mother of his children and if he wants to keep them certain pictures of when they were a whole family then he has every right to keep them up . Get over yourself .

2 Likes

I would just take him down

Pictures of his children yes. A pic of the mom only needs to be out when they visit.

Their his kids. He has the right to have their pictures. Don’t be so selfish.

1 Like

Photos of his children shouldn’t be removed. If his ex wife is in photos with the children, its questionable and honestly idk what I would do. But any photos of just his ex or his ex and him, remove those. Kid pictures stay.

And add your own pictures of you and your children!

It sounds like the man is grieving the loss of his family. Why don’t you try to be understanding? Divorce is hard and it breaks a lot of people, especially when a parent looses children in it

2 Likes

My kids have the photos of me and their dad hanging in their room. My husband has never had a problem with it, that’s their dad no matter what happened between the two of us.

4 Likes

I had this & I moved the family photos and ones with my ex into my kids’ bedrooms so they had pix of their dad and I even though we aren’t together anymore.

2 Likes

There is way worse things In the world. If this is the only issue your are having in life lol consider yourself blessed

No. Those are his kids. Ffs.

4 Likes

That’s your temporary home honey she will find her way back. Sounds like your the rebound. Goodluck with that

5 Likes

I think she is meaning family photos.

Ex wife? Sure. Kids? Well hell no. You gonna remove your kids from his house? I don’t think so. The things people ask on her sometimes

1 Like

Wow… maybe the ex wife, but not the kids. Those are his kids. Get over yourself sweetheart

3 Likes

Nope your being ignorant

1 Like

Give him a week to take them down or YOU DO IT. That’s b.s. ain’t nobody gonna be looking at the ugly ex day after day😩

2 Likes

I wouldn’t let it bother you too much

Whether it’s his ex wife or not, she will always be family to him. I am remarried and everything but still I have some photos of me and my previous husband with our son because our son deserves to see the love he came from too. We have a very good coparenting relationship and Him and my current husband get along perfectly. It all comes down to how much maturity there is and how much you’re really putting the kids first.

6 Likes

If tge kids don’t visit regularly then take them down cause it’s no need in having them up.or just hang then in his kids room for then or put then away for the kids to have when there grown

If it’s ones with his ex-wife I think maybe move them to his kids room. I wouldn’t make them take down pics of their mom but also no reason you need to see them every day … I think that’s odd. I don’t keep any photos if my ex out, my kids yes and there are photo books for my kids with photos of their Dads that I’ll save for them but wouldn’t display them. I don’t display many portraits anyways so yeah that would throw me off too

1 Like

Grow up would be a good first step

9 Likes

My ex left 2 yrs ago. Guess what my whole wall of pictures is up because him and I share a 3 yr old. It has all of his family (him, sisters, mom, nieces ect) as well as pictures of my side of the family. :woman_shrugging: I not taking them down. It also has pictures of him and I when times were great… It helps my baby remember who her family is and she gets to see them every day even though it’s not always in person

10 Likes

Y should he remove the pictures of his kids just because he isnt with the mother?

2 Likes

Have u talked to him?

He should keep his kids photos on the walls grow up would you take pictures of your kids down if you got a new partner?

6 Likes

Pictures of her definitely no but his kids should certainly remain on the wall or wherever! If there’s a picture of his kids together with their Mom, they can keep them in the kids room.

2 Likes

I don’t see much of a problem with it

1 Like

I mean yes it’s an ex wife but they’re still family regardless. I think that’s just something your gonna have to live with

1 Like

No unless its pictures of just him and her. But if its family pics they should stay. I have custody of twin daughters and our family pics stay up. Thats my kids mother Doesnt matter if me and her dont like each other

3 Likes

If the photos are in his kids rooms then I don’t see a problem, those are their memories and no one should diminish them by making it taboo to celebrate them. If you’re that insecure I think you should look to yourself. His life before you is still there, it doesn’t mean he loves you less somehow.

Take down the wife’s photo’s down put them into His kids room for them, but leave the kids photos up, its still their family home and if you remove then it will send a message to them that they aren’t apart of dads new family

I’ve personally never been in this situation but heard a talk about this situation on the radio a couple weeks back…i wish i could remember more bc it was an awesome explanation…

I don’t remember the ladies reasoning on why they got a divorce but she said she would not be removing the pictures of her now X & their children or even wedding pictures…& if somebody doesn’t like it, they can move on.

That they are happy memories from a chapter in her life…She’s keeping them up for them. That no matter what happened between the them (kids parents), they’re still their mom & dad….

1 Like

Well i think you shoukd grow up and stop being jelouse of a photograph or two. His house his kids, leave alone. He has a past and as you have children i bet you do to

5 Likes

Like it or not that is those childrens family… mom and dad… grow up…

3 Likes

Keep just the pics of the kids up and put the pics with the wife in them in a nice scrapbook. That way there will be room on the walls for your pictures and decorations and you can still help preserve memories.

3 Likes

Pictures of the ex wife sure, but not pictures of the kids, that’s selfish on your part.

1 Like

No… those are his kids and she is their mom. Leave the pics alone.

2 Likes

My ex still had me him and kids up on the wall their his kids and it’s their mom,it’s for the kids .

1 Like

Wifes pics yes but kids no way. Children’s pics are to stay on the wall maybe the mothers pics can go into the children’s room so they can keep tise memories x

4 Likes

Pictures of her yes . pictures of his kids hell no …would you take down the pictures of your kids if you got a new partner .

Your house too, you decide!

1 Like

If the kids are in the photos with the wife then its okay to keep them. But add pics of you guys and the blended fam you now have as well. You cant erase the childrens mother.

5 Likes

Why is it unfair for you ? That’s their mother and their home They should be allowed to see her on their walls

6 Likes

Leave any with kids. Remove any with her.

1 Like

Pictures of just her or him and her then yes remove them but, keep them for their kids. Since his kids are living with his ex and obviously live far away and probably don’t visit much if at all, let him keep the family photos up. Regardless if she is in them or not, those are still his kids. If it really bothers you that much talk to him and see if he will move them to an office or a room that are for his kids when they visit. Personally I’d leave them up.

3 Likes

When I moved into my husbands house after his ex left, he’d already taken down those pictures and we just kept the pics up of the kids, but solo. We gave her all her pictures back that had her and the kids in them…because you can have pictures of the child, but not the ex wife whether you share a child or not, that’s weird. Then we sat and ripped the ones of them as a couple (no kids) up because she was a miserable woman, and still is. So I felt better, he felt better, we bonded, and she’s back to her cheating ways with someone else and his time.

2 Likes

The pics of him and his wife could be taken down and put away, but the pics of his children should stay up.

3 Likes

Pack up and leave now. Red flag :triangular_flag_on_post:

8 Likes

B**** your kids live in this man house but you think you should take his pics of his own kids down cause it’s not fair to you? Yeah I hope he puts your jealous a** out on the street where you belong

6 Likes

Suck it up buttercup. These are his children a part of him. His past is what makes him the man he is today. The same way your past makes you the woman you are today. I could understand if they were just pictures of him and her scattered about the house, but if they’re him and her and the children why would you have a problem with that.

10 Likes

Ummmmmm… Leave the pictures of his kids on the wall. Maybe take down the ex wife…

2 Likes

If it’s his kids in the picture then he should be able to stay if it’s just him and his ex than ask him to take it down

2 Likes

Remove ones of ex wife. Not kids. Common sense if you’re a good person

4 Likes

I would say he could take them down. But instead of throwing them away. He could save them for his kids to give when they grow older. I have a picture of me and my mom and my bio dad. Even tho I don’t know the man. And my mom has been re married a couple times. I never judge her. Cuz all the pictures are memories. My bfs ex has pictures of him with her and their son. And even now that they aren’t together. Those pictures are for their son to remember his parents even tho things didn’t go as they wanted but I mean still. It’s so that their son knows his parents loved each other at one point.
Same goes for me. If me and him were to ever break up. Im not just gonna delete the pictures. Cuz we want our baby to remember that his parents loved each other. And things just didn’t go as planned.

1 Like

I agree with photos of her in them but if there is any of just the kids,I’d leave those up and if they aren’t any up then replace the other ones with pictures of them, and maybe consider getting pictures of you and him and yours and his kids!

1 Like

I feel it’s ok to let the children have those photos in their rooms. That is their parents. However, displaying them throughout the home, I feel isn’t proper

5 Likes

I kept a few pictures of me and my ex with our children up. The kids enjoy seeing and we have a good co parenting relationship.
I feel it’s good for our children to see them. We have both moved on and have new pictures up as well.

6 Likes

I would ask him to take them down and have a designated area if he would like to keep them, just cause it would be unfair to ask him to fully delete kinda thing but he can prob find a space. Just remember to be accepting that he had a life with her and his kids so there are prob good memories and the kids need to see that it’s civil and respectful but it shouldn’t be blatantly in your face

His kids photos should be there but not the ex.

1 Like

You should leave, they’re his kids.

1 Like

I have pictures with my ex and our son. Are they hung up In my home? Fuck no. I would not be comfortable with him having our pictures on his wall with his new girlfriend either. It sounds like this man is holding onto some feelings about his ex. I would first confront his reasoning on keeping the ones with his ex in them hung up. Maybe ask him if he’d like to go get pictures of both of your families together to decorate with. (And this only applies to the pictures in the shared living spaces you cannot ask him to have his children remove pictures of their mother from their bedroom)

Absolutely not. They are still his family, may they be together or not. All you need to do is add more pictures with you all included. It’s petty.

5 Likes

For everyone saying put the pictures in the kids room, She said the ex wife and kids moved out.
I personally would leave the kids pics up, but no reason for the ex wife’s pic to be up. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I think it’s bad taste to leave her pictures up. I wouldn’t have moved in with him as it sounds like he’s holding into feelings for her. If his kids lived with him I could see pictures of their mom in their rooms. As for pictures of his kids. If I dated someone with kids who had nothing of them around their home it would be a red flag to me of what kind of father they are. On the opposite note if I was seeing someone who was offended by pictures of my kids they’d be gone. My babies come first.

Take down pictures of his ex wife definitely but he can surely keep them. Regardless how it ended that’s a major relationship in his life. Kids no way. Obviously kids pictures should be up. But definitely depends on when he is ready. I wouldnt date a divorced man if I couldnt handle the emotional affects hes going through. Be supportive. Hes been through major changes and his ex and kids have moved away. It’s not easy. Also I hope you’ve gotten rid of an picture’s of exes as well.

You need to chill and recognize that you’re his woman and abandon any thoughts of taking those pictures down… Put yours up with them. Go have a family photoshoot!

To him they are only a part of the landscape

I would talk to him about hanging the ones with his ex wife in the kids rooms.

Wow.some comments kind of harsh. I f hes ready to move on and have a new woman move in his house yeas he should take down pictures of him and his ex wife. He should let one of the grandma s put those pics up in their house.

1 Like

If u ask this question then u shouldn’t b married

Its unfair that you want him to remove them…they were there before you moved in…I say leave them there till you all are together for a bit longer

Not the kids but her yes

Take new family pictures, keep those pictures because the kids deserve them but in your house your family should be pictured on the walls. I wouldn’t take it as anything except A) normally men don’t care/notice about decor at all. B) it’s an easy fix and not worth a fight.

1 Like

He will be forever connected with that woman. Get used to it or hit the road.

I think it depends on how long it’s been since you moved in. Ifs it’s been a couple of weeks whatever if it’s been months or years no but regardless if he puts them in the living room or his kids rooms you’re going to see them. Just sit down and talk to him about it if he refuses to take them down then you know where you stand and he might still love her

They are still his kids right? They shouldn’t be above the mantle or anything, but they will always be his kids and they their parents.

1 Like

Nope super disrespectful … he should not have Family pics up… he can put them in a album for the kids… but not on the walls

4 Likes

Family photos are not yours to take down. Instead start adding your & his family photos. If you do it right you could weed out the ones of X–wifey!!:hugs:

5 Likes

That man had a whole life and family before you. That was her house before you moved in, she is the mother of his children, she’s not gonna cease to exist from his life and memory just because you are around now. If you can’t handle that fact I’d suggest you just leave him. Some of y’all sound so toxic and jealous for no reason.

7 Likes

That’s their mom?
Leave them up.

5 Likes

Just hang some of your kids pictures up as well and take the ones with just them down after all it would be unfair to just try and push out his other children and a part of his life just because it may make you insecure of your position with him

Is she a threat? He did have a life before you. If you don’t trust him don’t be in a relationship with him. Just because he takes them down doesn’t remove them from his life.

2 Likes

I would ask him to move them to his children’s room, and schedule to have new photos together as a combined family.

3 Likes

Get over yourself sweetie :kissing_heart:

1 Like

It depends on how long yall have been together. If it really bugs you that bad. I would talk to him about moving the ones with the ex into his kids room… but never would I ask him to remove any pictures of his kids. He will always have a connection with her… whether it ended on good or bad terms… he will still care about her always.

1 Like

Leave them up and just add yours up

2 Likes

Im gonna just say what we’re all thinking. Removing the pictures will not remove the memories he has of his ex wife and THEIR children.
Im sorry, but your children cannot and will not replace the ones that are his blood. He may love yours but you cannot expect him to forget about his because you moved in with yours.
Stop being inconsiderate and be supportive of him keeping those memories good. Make a family picture wall in the house and hang pictures of your children next to his. It’s called being a blended family.

5 Likes

I would leave up pictures of his kids but not his ex wife. The ones with the ex wife in it I would save in a box for his kids when they got older.

5 Likes

How long has it been?

Keep kid pictures get rid of ex’s

4 Likes

He should be able to keep the pictures of just his kids up but family phones and pictures of ex should come down.

You chose to be with someone that had kids and a wife before you. They share kids together, and in that sense, will always be family to one another. The kids deserve to see pictures of their parents and themselves. It’s not like that part of their life never happened, or doesn’t matter. Add some pictures to the family walls to show that you are all a blended family.

8 Likes