Should my boyfriend remove the photos of his ex wife and kids from his house?

My boyfriend and I moved into the house that he owns after his ex-wife and their kids moved out and to Louisiana…she left pictures of him and her and their kids on the wall…left all kinds of other small things too…he hasn’t taken them down, and even a good friend of his told him he should because its unfair to me to see that every day when I and my kids live here too…what should I do…

157 Likes

You can politely ask him to remove pictures of the ex, but not to remove pictures of his kids. Even though they do not live there, it is their house also. Ask to remove the ex and put your kids pictures up to replace hers to join his children but never ask to remove his kids things or pictures from that home.

Just have him removed the ex wife pics leave the kids pic there. And talk to him and see where it goes from there… wish you the best

The ex wife pictures should definitely come down, the pictures of his kids he should be allowed to have up. Those are his children.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should my boyfriend remove the photos of his ex wife and kids from his house? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

Mmmm pictures of ex-wife yes… I would put in the kids room but not the pictures of his kids.

16 Likes

I lost my hubby to cancer my boyfriend lost his wife to cancer I would not ask him to remove them nor would he ask me to…its just what you guys wanna do…maybe his kids wanna see their pics up in daddy’s house with their mom…

2 Likes

Him and his ex wife… But not of his kids… And some people keep stuff for their kids so he could just put them away in a safe spot for them in the future

5 Likes

Uhh well those are his kids as well. Maybe cut her face oit of the pics? Actually you really should NOT do that, because his children are going to want to see those pics of their parents and cherish them one day. My dad made my mom get rid of all of her pictures with her exes, it was toxic and I wish I had the chance to see my moms life before I existed. Idk. Just take the pics down, dont get rid of them though.

6 Likes

You could always just move the family portraits to the kids room or put them away for when the kids are older.

3 Likes

Have you asked him? Maybe ask him to take down the ones with the wife in them. I believe keeping them for the kids to have when they are older is a great idea but I definitely wouldn’t be okay with them hanging up in your house if I were you.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be ok with pictures of him and his ex wife being up, be he should leave the ones of his children. Just because they don’t live in the house they are still his family

2 Likes

The pictures of the kids you should be keeping the pictures of her you can put away or get rid of

1 Like

Take down pics of ex, leave kids pics, put up new ones of you and your kids

2 Likes

Pack away for kids to have but definitely should not be hanging if he’s moved onto a new relationship and you’ve moved into his home

I think he should take the pictures down of his ex wife. That’s what I did when I divorced my husband. Any pictures that had him in them, I took down. I put them up for our kids when they get older. I didn’t want the reminder there every day and my boyfriend didn’t want to see them either. So not only did I do it for me, I did it out of respect for my boyfriend at the time. I still have some on my fb of my ex husband and the kids…I mean he is their father, but any and all I had of him and I are deleted.

2 Likes

No he shouldn’t take down pictures of his kids :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Kids I’d leave up. Anything with her, no.

3 Likes

Fold her out of pictures it may be kids he is missing

3 Likes

Maybe talk to him about taking them down and putting them away, maybe someday the kids would want them. See if he would be up for making a collage of both of your children’s pictures

1 Like

Add some of yourself and your kids. Maybe even some of all of you

3 Likes

Kids picturea stay. Ex picture put away

3 Likes

The kids deserve them… If nothing else yes… Put them in the kids room… Regardless that is the kids mom and dad… And they should be hung up not put away
… You can’t erase his past… Nor the fact that is these kids parents…

5 Likes

The pictures of the ex can come down. Pictures of just the kids can stay up. If there are pictures of them as a family, those can be taken down and put into a photo book for the kids. I have pictures of my ex and I with our son. They are in a box for my son when he moves out. I wouldn’t have them displayed in my house now but I think it’s important for my son to have those memories when he gets older.

13 Likes

Him and her? Yes. His kids? Absolutely not.

5 Likes

Maybe set up a photo session with all your kids. And then let his kids have an album of the old ones.

2 Likes

Umm their still his kids and that’s still their Mom just add your family pics for you and your kids to the wall. If there are ones with her put them in the kids room.

4 Likes

If there is a particular photo you do not like. I would ask him to remove it. Other then that I wouldn’t say to much about it bc it will show you where he’s at mentally. You can use this to ur advantage. Every one is grown and can make their own decisions

1 Like

I agree with everyone. Pics of kids leave up and add some of you guys. Pics with her either move to kids room or put away for the kids. Don’t be drastic and throw them out. And redecorate! I would feel more comfortable in a home I picked out stuff for rather than what she picked out and left.

8 Likes

I think you should take them and put them in the kids rooms at the end of the day that’s their family and your home now you don’t want to see that. My step mom used to try to take the picture of my mom and dad off my bedroom wall and I snapped and then finally my dad gave her shit and said that that shouldn’t be a problems
Leave the ones of the kids but if its him and her or the whole family reframe them and put them in the kids rooms

1 Like

If it’s family pictures and his kids go over there I’d either leave them alone, or put them in their room for decor. I kept all of my old pictures of me and my child’s dad in her room for her my boyfriend doesn’t care, he thinks it’s a great idea.

2 Likes

Anything of just the ex can be taken down. A picture of ex and him could be displayed lower or in his children’s room. Family photos stay.

2 Likes

Set an appointment to get family pictures done of the whole family then replace them with the new.

1 Like

Ok first of all if they are just her and him yes they should be removed. If it is family pictures let it be for the kids. You shouldn’t come between them if they are civil for their children but rather try to be civil with her as well. You come in and try to erase their mom and I promise the kids will rebel

4 Likes

If its him and her on there own yes, if its him her & the kids no!!!x

3 Likes

New life and journey is where his mind frame should be ! You see she didn’t take them :joy:

4 Likes

If the pictures are JUST his ex, yes. If she’s with the kids, no because of the kids. If they’re of JUST the kids and you want them down, then lady, you have fucking issues.

They’re his kids and they’re not going anywhere whether you like it or not. You knew when you started dating him that he had them and knee what you were getting yourself into.

Pictures with ex wife in them should hang in the children’s room.Just ones of him and the kids can go everywhere else

6 Likes

They are his kids why would you want him to take down those pics? Any of his ex wife yes he should take them down. But not of his kids that’s a no no to ask for :unamused:

3 Likes

I don’t see the problem.
It’s the children’s mother.
Maybe they are up for the children.
If you are secure in your relationship, it shouldn’t matter.
That’s what comes with a blended family.
My step mom still has pictures of me and my brother up, family photos of my dads grandparents, all together 6 children and a lot of different parents.
She has everyone included.
Baby pictures of my step sisters and there dad…
Baby pictures of my brother and I.
I think it’s beautiful that I always felt included.
Even though her and my dad are now divorced.
She raised me and is raising my half brother.
It’s important for my little brother to see where we all came from and that it is peaceful.
The adults in his life get a long.
No matter what sister or family.
He is loved and welcome.
I still at 26 can walk in those doors and feel love.
I think her removing pictures from the home I grew up in, would of broke my heart.

It really depends on the situation…
But you asking to remove them to me,
shows insecurity and like him and the Ex have unfinished business you are worried about.
If they are no longer together and it is done.
I don’t see a problem with it, if it is purely for the children.
I think him leaving them up is healthy for the kids.
Already a big change.
You complaining about it, may cause resentment.
I think you are over stepping a boundary and the kids come first.
It’s not about your feelings.
Make the kids in the home a priority, make things happy.
Incorporate new happy photos of you guys.
Just build off of the past without the jealousy,
For the kids :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I’d be fine with it tbh. They’re family photos. If the kids come to visit it might also be comforting to see that their mother is still an accepted person and they don’t have to pick a side or pretend they don’t like her etc when they’re with their dad. Gotta put the ego aside and put kids first in these situations I think. I wouldn’t take down photos with my kids dad in them but I would put up new family photos too. Photos just show a story/history.

19 Likes

I’ve been with my partner nearly 10 years we have 5 kids he still has pictures & albums of his ex & their kids cards letters etc from them he also still has her name tattooed on his chest & its not an issue to me I understand he had a life before me & that no matter what she will always be 1 of his greatest loves & they have just as much of a history & life together in the past as we have now

9 Likes

Don’t do anything. Those kids are his and hers and the most important thing is that the kids are hapoy and they see happy pics of their family. Now that you are part if that family, put up pictures of you and him and your kids as well. If you can’t love and respect all aspects of his kids life, including their mother, then you shouldn’t be with him. If the kids go there and see pics of their mother cut out or memories of past times with their parents gone off the walls they will grow to resent you. A family works together if everyone involved can be respectful and understanding that it’s for them not you.

6 Likes

Pics of just him and her maybe yes but he doesn’t know if you don’t tell him. Pics of him and kids even if she’s in them those are his kids.

2 Likes

Be secure in your relationship. They are just pictures…

4 Likes

Does he say he doesn’t want to take them down ? Or is he just busy and doesn’t feel like doing it ? Maybe u can take them down while he’s at work or something and just put them aside somewhere in a box or something.

1 Like

I don’t know get ur own place then u won’t have a problem

3 Likes

I took all photos of my ex down, even if it included the kids. I personally think that is disrespectful towards my boyfriend.

6 Likes

If they are respectful family pictures then it’s fine. they’re still a family. It may be a transition period and they can be moved later on. Add your family or take some all together to add to the wall.

1 Like

His kids pictures shouldn’t be a problem. The ex is definitely a problem.

3 Likes

They are still a family regardless of them no longer being together. And why would you want him to take down pictures of his kids? Grow up!

5 Likes

Take them down and just have him get pics of the kids and him and put them up in the house along with pictures of you all together and ur children. If he doesn’t have any pics on hand of his kids when they come visit take new ones to put up in the house. Ex wife should not be represented at all in ur home.

4 Likes

No? If you’re that jealous, you shouldn’t be with him. It symbolizes their family together, nothing more. So childish

3 Likes

my wife and I are divorced and I have photos in my sons room of him and her and one of all 3 of us. and my current gf lives with me and it doesn’t bother her

I’m sure it would probably hurt his children if he took the pictures of them down on account of his girlfriend’s insecurities.
Love, you knew he had a past before you moved in correct? Sometimes things aren’t going to be about you. His children come first.

1 Like

I would create a framed picture collage wall and make sure everyone (yours, mine and ours) is represented.

6 Likes

Ewwww jealousy is so cringey.

5 Likes

If the kids aren’t in them then yes take them down

7 Likes

…incorporate some pics of the rest of you. Welcome to the life of a blended family :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

They’re family photos :joy::joy: he still has some good memories of them as a family. Don’t worry about it

Move out. His kids are his kids.

He should take down all pictures with her in them for sure.

1 Like

I would leave one of the family up, because that is the kids mother. Anything further than that with the ex should be taken down.

3 Likes

How long have you been there 10 days,weeks,months,or years, are you there to stay or temporary status

3 Likes

It’s posts like this that make me glad I’ve been single for years… but he should take them down to have respect for you and you’re kids.

1 Like

So you moved into the house he and his ex wife shared?? I meeann that’s still his family and his kids so why take them down? Are you insecure about her?

2 Likes

Maybe move them to his children’s room hang them on the wall in there or on a night stand.

2 Likes

He should take the pictures down that have Her in it. However, I wouldn’t make him get rid of them.

1 Like

You should move out if you expect him to change his house and his pictures of his life for you and your children. It’s his children and their mother.

5 Likes

Take down photos of ex wife. Maybe leave up a few of just the kids.

1 Like

I would crop your face into all the pics of her in them and then post subtle pics where you can clearly see that in the background for her to see or be sent screenshots of :rofl::rofl::rofl::clap::clap::clap:

Mmm mixed feelings on this…
I’d find it odd looking at past marriage photos every day whether of him or I. Kids ok I’m cool with that but the rest is kinda odd.

2 Likes

You should not expect nor ask him to remove any pics with his kids in them. Like it or not their mother is part of his history too, and without her, the kids would not exist. This is part of getting into a relationship with someone who has been married, divorced, and who has kids that you have to be prepared for. If it were just pics of him and her, yes, I’d say remove them. But with his children in the picture, don’t overstep.

1 Like

No he shouldn’t. She is the mother of his children :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

It a photo of his ex wife whom he has kids with. I don’t see an issue here. He had children with her and will always be connected because of that. He has pictures of them no big deal. Add your family to the wall too. Old and current. Either way welcome to blended family life.

3 Likes

The pictures of him and his kids should stay up but the ones with her in them should be removed

1 Like

My hubby moved into the home my ex and I shared. I took all pics with my family in it withh and hung them in the kids bedroom and their tv room. I wanted them to remember that they were happy times of all of us as a family, and that we would always be a family together of some kind. I didn’t want them to ever feel like I was ashamed of that part of my life.

4 Likes

That’s still his family, you’re the girlfriend,that’s his CHILDREN and the Mother of his children. It’s something you’ll have to get over because it isn’t disrespectful, photos are memories, hes divorced from the woman, not the children and family memories.

2 Likes

Not of his kids hell no. But of the ex wife yes. Idk why you would even think the kids. Not to mention moving in with a man who clearly isn’t over her.

2 Likes

… I left my ex almost 3 years ago now and my house has photos of him and our daughter on my walls :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: its her father and she has every right to have photos of her dad in our home. Even though we’re not together he’s still her family. My boyfriend has no issues with the photos in my house, not that it would make much of a difference if he did. Like I said it’s her dad and this is her home too. If you can’t deal with photos of his ex and their children in his home (even though you live there now too) maybe it’s time to move on or ask yourself why it bothers you so much :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think out of respect for his new partner all picture that the wife is in should be removed plan and simple if his kids wants pictures of themselves and both of their parents those ones can be place in their rooms…otherwise any pictures that include his ex wife should be removed from walls ect and put up for him to give to his children later or whatever but I don’t think you should have to live with a bunch of pictures of his ex all over the house no I 100% bet if you started placing a bunch of pictures of your ex around the house he wouldn’t like it either. And no it should matter who’s house it is its just a start turn off to turn every corner of your man’s house to boom see is ex on every wall. All of those ones could be replaced with pictures of just his kids or of you him and all of yours kids. Book a photo shoot and replace the pictures lol I would.

1 Like

I use to be bitter and insecure. How dare the kids have a picture with both their parents. Because I know I cherish those of mine and my parents haven’t been together for a long time.

1 Like

Maybe suggest new family photos with the whole blended family? because this is now your home as well

4 Likes

Listen I think this nation has become a over dramatic nation whom only thinks about there selfs like children we wine and cry about things. Sit down with him explain how you feel. Pics of his children should be left and not in question. Here is my thing we all have a past as well as ppl in are past. Their in the past for a reason. The children may have ask to leave them for their dad. All children hope mom and dad get back together. The pic’s aren’t the problem being unable to talk with him about them is the problem.

1 Like

I have soon to be 13 and 11 year old daughters from a previous marriage. I am currently 33wks pregnant with a surprise pregnancy with my boyfriend of 3 years. I still have every photo of my ex-husband and I (including all our engagement and wedding photos) and the ones with our kids on my social media. However in the the home my boyfriend and I share (he moved in with me) I have photos of my girls up but do not display solo pictures of my ex husband and I. I was with their father for 13 years before he and I split up and he was a huge part of my life for a very long time.
I do not think the family photos or photos of the kids are an issue, hell even nicknaks or other items for that matter. Some of my favorite clothing items ans jewelry miscellaneous items etc were purchased my my ex husband/his family and many I still use on a daily basis…but any photos of just him and his ex should come down, in my opinion.

1 Like

Blended relationships are hard no matter what. Talk with him about it and get each others feeling then go from there. Not sure Facebook is the place I’d go with this question.

He probably doesn’t look at them. Take some pictures of yall and replace them in the frames. Unless their children are also in them

He should move them!! If it was his kids yes.

Take them down lol don’t ask just do it

2 Likes

Ask him about it. Let him decide. Then you’ll have your answer on how much he respects you and the relationship you have together.

2 Likes

I still have pictures of my ex husband with our kids. He’s their father and just because divorced doesn’t mean he disappears and I think it helps kids to know still part of life.
My husband has never said word about them but he’s not jealous of my ex at all and he loves our kids and wants best for them and their emotional foundation.

Though I will say any pictures that were just him and me I mostly tossed happily except wedding ones I boxed up in case kids want to see them someday.

27 Likes

I totally understand having the kids pictures up but I wouldn’t want to see his ex on the walls every day. Unless, like in my brothers situation…his wife died in a car accident years ago and he keeps pictures of her up. I totally understand that.

5 Likes

He should put them in the kids room or a photo album for them & yall should take new pics to put up around the house. He shouldnt get rid of them because she is still the mother of his children

1 Like

Ask to move them to kids room or spare room so you dont have to see them every day. Or replace them with new photos of him an his kids

Ew. No. You should remove yourself.

1 Like

Yeah if the pictures have the mom with the kids,then leav them but if it’s just of her and him remove them.

2 Likes

Those pictures are what he has left of his kids. He wants to see them everyday. Don’t try to take away his past. He’s not with her, he’s with you.

6 Likes

Paste your face over hers!

Yes the pictures of them together should come down. How would he feel if he moved into the house where your ex lived and pictures of you two were all over the walls?

It’s part of his life, just add some of your own and blend your families.

2 Likes