Should my boyfriend remove the photos of his ex wife and kids from his house?

They are still a family, not a nuclear family but theier mother should not be removed from them

2 Likes

Those are still his kids and she is still their mother. Pop up some pic of you and your kids intermingled with the others and show all of your children that family, is.

1 Like

We talked about it and put away any pics that had them together… I did the same with pics of my ex. Later, we disposed of all pics containing the exes. We both agreed to do that.

All about communication.

2 Likes

He’s your boyfriend, and you moved into his home. If you don’t like what he has on his walls, you can ask him to take it down. However, he doesn’t have too. You also, don’t have to live there.

3 Likes

I’d say I would take down his ex wife photos and put up photos of you guys. Leave his kids photo picture :framed_picture:

2 Likes

Removing his kids from the walls is an absolute NO.

1 Like

The pictures of his children should be allowed all over the house as well as the pictures of her children! Just because his children don’t live there doesn’t mean they stop being his children. I can understand you don’t want pictures of ex-wife up but the children should be all over just as her children should be all over! I honestly could never understand why women have a problem with the men’s children? They are a part of his life and they should not expect him to just drop them out of his life because she’s there ; he doesn’t ask her to drop her children because she is with him! It sounds like more insecurities and jealousy than anything.

3 Likes

No. No matter what she is his family now. As long as theyre not everywhere you should have no problem.

It’s memories especially for the kids. I still have photos of my sons dad and I, even on facebook. He is part of my past and my sons father. When my son is older he will be getting the photos.

Start adding your own pictures. Even though he’s not married to her anymore, she is still family and her kids should have pics of their mother in their home.

2 Likes

Remove wife pictures of just them two would leave the kids ones up if mother and him are in picture memories for the kidos

Put the family photos of them all in there kids bedroom and leave up just the ones of the kids

1 Like

They should be removed abd stored somewhere for his kids to take one day.

Absolutely not they are his kids and that is his kids mom that he should respect you sound insecure kids should know they are and we’re loved and have a great mom and dad

1 Like

Maybe the pictures of his ex-wife but not any that have his kids in them. Plus, she is their mother, so she will always be in your life, better get used to it.

1 Like

Girl you want him to take pics of his kids down? Nah he better RUN from your crazy self …. Lord help him RUNNNN :running_woman:

1 Like

Why in the world would you want him to remove pictures of his children?! That’s WRONG! Would you take pictures down of your children because a significant other wanted you to? I sure hope not. The children ALWAYS come first before ANYONE else!

1 Like

If times moved on he should respect you and take the ones with the ex on down and leave the ones up of the kids he can always store the photos away my daughters dads screensaver is a picture of me for our daughter that she’s put on the phone but she’s only 6

1 Like

Hell yeah. Take all that down. Make new memories with both your abs his children. New pictures thru out the house.

Men are just clueless sometimes, they don’t mean to do stuff to hurt us! To him he just probably thinks hey I still get to look at my kids! I agree just add to it! We all have a past. Go a little easier he might still have some deep seated hurt from the divorce about the kids! Ps: not trying to downplay your side just trying to give you another perspective!

1 Like

kids pic stay ,they are still his children and have nothing to do with the relationship between him and the ex wife.

3 Likes

Nope those are their children Whocares if she’s in those pictures.

1 Like

The kids leave up. But his wife should come down 100000%

2 Likes

You’re not married to him so you have no say . Move out it’s his house.

1 Like

Get over yourself because she is a part of the family and the mother of the children. Make new memories and photos and add them but do NOT try to come in amd remove them

He’s allowed pics up. Geezus. You doing a like a bit of a nutter. He can ESPECIALLY have pics of his kids up and their stuff is allowed to be there.

1 Like

Only the ones that include his ex.

2 Likes

I can’t stand my ex but I still have pics of him up in my house. He’s my teen’s father. And we had a life together that gave us my son. I see nothing wrong with it. And i have ZERO feelings left for my ex.

2 Likes

If the kids are in them I’d leave them up if its just him and her I would take those down

1 Like

He is not over her if he still has pictures of her on his wall! Run now!

6 Likes

I’m sure she isn’t talking about pictures of just his kids… In my opinion, I would allow the kids to have those in their room or stored away in their keepsakes until they are adults if they didn’t want them in their room…

I personally do not have any family photos or photos of my kids hanging around my house. I have them in photo boxes and hanging in my office sure, but no where else. My kids have a few in their room but I don’t see the need to have family pictures and pictures of your kids everywhere in the house.

2 Likes

Pictures just the two of them, absolutely should be taken down. Photos of the whole family, mom, dad and kids. No. They were a family and will always be a family. Just add your own to the collection to make new memories without taking away or trying to erase his family.

3 Likes

That would be like saying to you nope you can’t put up pictures of your kids cause there not mine🤷‍♀️ if its 1 or 2 family pics keep them and grow around that don’t be a bitter Karen cause omg he had a wife and kids you’ve replaced

2 Likes

I still have pics of my exes daughter on my walls and on our device backgrounds. She’s my sons sister and although her parents have nothing to do with my son, they are siblings. Family. Why are you upset over family? And yes, the ex wife IS and always will be family. Hope you guys figure it out, best of luck :heart:

I can see removing pics of the wife…maybe. But not of his children. They are part of him and who he is…

1 Like

i think keeping the kids pics out is ok but not the ex, i wouldn’t like it if Tony had pics of his ex all over the place

No. It’s rude. And disrespectful. It’s holding on to an old version of your family. You’re part of the family now. Any pictures of her should have you in them too.

Talk to him about it. Come to a compromise. My husband still has his first wife’s ashes in our room. They have kids so they are always be apart of each other’s lives no matter what. But tell him how you feel and be honest.

No just move them to the kids room

I would take all the ones of his ex down I couldn’t deal with that

That was his life for however long before you came along. I get no woman wants to see pictures of their man with someone else but you came into it knowing he had a whole other family before you. How do you think them kids are going to feel coming back there to see dad and no pictures of them are up. How selfish of you.

1 Like

This is ridiculous. They were there first and will ALWAYS be his family. Grow up and deal with it.

1 Like

Oh no that’s not right to have pics of his ex wife up on the wall….sorry not sorry to all the others who tell you to get over yourself!! Nope, the kids pics totally fine but the x wife oh hell no. Also that’s just weird, your not like trying to be sister wives or something of that nature so no way. Take them down yourself if he won’t. Who wants to look at someone’s x everyday, definitely not me!!! The ones who say leave them up I think are still secretly in love with their x or total CONTROL freaks.

2 Likes

The ones with ex should be removed but not thrown away just pack em away. But the kids ones need stay up

1 Like

My husband and I have pictures of his past wives, kids and we have pictures of my
deceased husband and my kids and grandkids because they all were a part of our life

4 Likes

Just tape a picture of your face over the ex-wife’s face and a tape pictures of your kids next to his kids :joy:.

3 Likes

Yes he should that’s just weird

1 Like

I would never keep pictures of my ex in my house, nor would I want to date someone with pictures of their ex every where. I have lots of pictures of just my kids. I would allow my kids to have pictures of their Dad in their personal space but not in the living room, den, entrance way, etc…

2 Likes

Maybe compromise and the ones with her in it, let the kids put in their rooms…The ones of just the kids leave alone

2 Likes

I understand the ex wife photos coming down. Better question is Why do you feel some type of way enough to want the kids pictures to come down? They’re his kids. You nor your kids will ever replace them. If a girlfriend ever asked me to take pictures of my kids down I would​:hiking_boot: her to the curb. I call :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: on both on y’all.

1 Like

The ones Ks his kids I would keep up. How is that not fair? But I agree and would talk to him about the other pictures.

Not if his children. And if the kids are in pictures with their mom leave them…if it’s it’s issue take some of your own with ALL parties (children) included

No! The pictures of him and his wife can be moved to their children’s room or packed up but the pictures of the children stay!

1 Like

Put the ones with the mom in the kids room. Leave the rest there

The ones with just the ex wife should be taken down yeah, but the ones of the kids no definitely not. The pictures of the kids and ex wife also shouldn’t be taken down.

1 Like

Keep up pictures of his kids, get rid of the ones of the ex.

I would get him and his ex but not his kids. Those r his baby’s just like urs that unfair to even question why he has photos of his kids up still

um she birthed the kids, that’s normal to have the pics

Idk, I have pictures of my deceased husband all over mine and my current husbands house so it’s a but different but he’s never said anything. I don’t think I’d be upset if he had family pictures of his ex and daughter and him but I’m secure in our relationship

His ex wife yes but NOT his kids and noone should ask him to do so!!!

2 Likes

My man of 8 years and I have pictures of us with our kids and ex’s up for the kids. It’s for the kids.

1 Like

Deal with it, his kids are his life, for you to even ask him to remove memories of his children is disgusting. His ex wife is the mother of his children, out of respect for you he should remove the ones of his ex wife but most definitely not his children just bc their not yours.

3 Likes

My son is 18 and I still have photos. They are not on the wall anymore but I still keep them. I’ve been with my husband 17 years. He has never had a problem with it. Give time time. I’m pretty sure they will eventually come down.

1 Like

Just put up pics of you & your ex w the kids too :yawning_face:

6 Likes

Sounds like he’s having a hard time moving on …

4 Likes

The kids pics ok those could stay. Maybe even one of the ex with the kids because of the kids. But any of just the two togther no they would go.

4 Likes

I’d say take down the photos of him and the ex but the kids by themselves or a particularly lovely shot of the ex boyfriend and kids leave. Over time as more pics are taken some of the old ones would have to come down anyhow to make room. Eg when a child is 2 you may have many photos but if the child is 15 you’d probably only have 1 photo of the child at age 2 up or maybe not at all as there’s photos of other ages. Also should be room for pics of your kids too!t

That’s still his family, ( not the ex) why don’t you compromise and put some pictures of him with you and your kids up too

1 Like

Id replace all of them, except for just his kids, with pictures of you, him and all your kids together, when hes not home. He probably wouldnt even notice the switch even he doesnt realize thats awkward to have pics of his ex wife everywhere. Give his kids the pictures of their mom

2 Likes

I mean the kids probably want the pictures of their mom around. Add some pictures of y’all as well.

1 Like

Hell yes ! Get new pics. I’m sure he has pics of just the kids. That is so disrespectful to you.

2 Likes

No you’re being selfish. That’s his damn kids for crying out loud

Put the pictures in the kids’ bedrooms.

1 Like

No way!!! That’s the mother of his children they are up to see that they are still a family even tho the parents are not still together they are still mom and dad to those kids you either deal with it or move on

10 Likes

Maybe they should add some new ones. People make a big deal out of some small stuff

2 Likes

If it’s famil pics and kids in it they should stay. Honestly really petty to expect him strip the walls.

4 Likes

I agree pictures can go in the kids bedroom. U deserve respect as well .
Shoot after I left my ex I took down pictures cus I didn’t want my man to see all that old shizz u shudnt even have to ask he shud have done that already!

4 Likes

You just need to talk to him and let him know how you feel.

They’re PICTURES…he had a life before u and it more or less made him who he is…if he sat around staring at the ones of her like a starving dog at a steak then u could say sumthin but if it were like that it’s best to just move along cuz it’s her he wants…but if they’re just there dobt worry about avd start filling the empty spaces with pictures of yall…

1 Like

We had family pictures done a few months before we split. My kids wanted the pictures in their room and that’s where they will stay. It’s not because I want that back, it’s because my kids want those memories of our good times as a family. No boyfriend is going to tell me to take them down, that’s for damn sure.

Don’t be petty, it’s the mother of those kids and it isn’t going to hurt you! Be more mature.

5 Likes

That’s the mother to his kids. They should be able to see their mom on the wall with them.
Maybe you just need to live on your own :woman_shrugging:t2:
OR- hear me out- be an adult, start a wall full of those pictures PLUS your own family photos :woman_facepalming:t2:
Why be so petty?

2 Likes

Pictures of all of them should be in the kids room only, dad and kids are ok in public view!

1 Like

just pics of her should go

2 Likes

I would take the pictures of the ex and put them in the kid’s rooms (that’s their mom). I would replace the one’s in the common area of all of you.

5 Likes

Pictures of the ex wife should be taken down but if you want pictures of the kids taken down then maybe you need to live by yourself!

1 Like

Why don’t you add to the wall instead of subtracting. The pictures should absolutely stay. They are apart of who he is and what made him. Just start putting pics up of you and him and your kids as well. Intertwine the pics, so it’s not just one blob of pics of “each family” but instead, a collage of both families. Don’t be salty!

7 Likes

Pack them up for him!

2 Likes

Keep the pictures of the kids…

Maybe he should take you from the house :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Be the woman that chooses not to let it bother you.

4 Likes

When I moved out my ex moved the pictures of me and our kids into the kids’ rooms. The kids deserve to have those memories if they Want them

6 Likes

leave the pictures alone, instead of hating the pics use them as a way for his kids to remember and honor their mother, maybe pic a spot where they can all go so when the kids miss her they have some where to look at her… in doing so you are also teaching your own kids how to respect others and how important it is to not hate the ex because the situation is not your fault or the kids fault , unless this ex is holding on desperatly and causing issues there is no need to hate her … just love like your kids matter

1 Like

Ex wife sure, kids??? No🙄

1 Like

I would leave the photos of the kids and just get rid of pictures of his ex wife . Surely you don’t want him to forget about his children. If he is accepting your children, do the same for him.

1 Like

Add photos of your now blended family. Removing them will only cause problems.

2 Likes

Thats just petty dude. Those are his memories. He is with you but had a life before. Those are his kids. Even she is His family, they have kids together.

5 Likes

When my ex husband and I divorced I gave all photos to my son, it was very hard on me to see the memories let alone a boyfriend now my son has memories in a box( a few In his room of him and his dad) to choose as he gets older what he would like to do with them I also removed all my photos from frames and put into a album a few of our family shots for my memories, I believe children shouldn’t miss out on memories as he loves us both

2 Likes

Add your own pictures to it too :woman_shrugging: I don’t understand why it upsets you that is still the mother of HIS kids and those are HIS kids. How would you feel if the roles were reversed and your new significant other decides to ask you take down pictures of your kids?

1 Like

Pam Carnes look whats on my feed this evening :joy::joy::woman_shrugging:t3: