Should my husband check his own pockets when I do laundry?

I check them because pens ruin everything

It would be easier for him to clean out his pockets when he undresses than you to check them all!!

He should check his own. It’s one easy thing he can do.

Shoot I don’t do my husband’s laundry he is a big boy lol he can do it. I have two kids I do laundry for, myself and towels etc. he can do his own

1 Like

If it breaks or is lost, his bad. I don’t check shit and I keep the money.:rofl::woman_shrugging:t3::skull_and_crossbones:

Hell naw, keep what you find! I loved doing laundry as a teen cause my stepdad would leave shit in his pockets.
Same for a boyfriend I lived with. I’d do the family laundry and his dad would leave cash in his pockets. Guess who would walk away with a few 20’s every week? :joy:

I have the same problem! My husband always forgets something in his pockets. chapstick, coins, drill bits, receipts, markers, you name it. I talk about checking Pockets at least twice a month. What I’ve come to is it’s not my responsibility to check his pockets; however, I love my washer and dryer and don’t want them ruined. So I try to check pockets because I don’t want oily chapstick remnants left when I go to wash my clothes. You’re dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t. It’s probably not a habit that will change so you may want to find a way to make it a concession of your relationship and chose your battles. In the big picture, it’s a non-issue. Good luck.

My husband doesn’t touch my new washer. But he checks his own pockets or I keep it. Kids too.

That is a man thing. Thankfully my husband has learned to empty his because I will not. It isn’t that I don’t want to it is simply because I myself also forget.

My petty self would just leave whatever is in there and let them suffer the consequences lol if they cause the machine to break or cause a full load to be ruined by a pen maybe then they’ll learn :joy:

I have been asking my husband to clean out his pockets for 15 ish years. He never does. throw the stuff away, set it aside in a big bucket or stop washing his clothes. He won’t clean out his pockets. Not ever.

If my boyfriend doesn’t check his what ever is in his pockets go through the wash. :woman_shrugging:he’s grown enough to do it

I have a rule, check your pockets or I keep what I want out of them. Money included lol.

2 Likes

My husband’s work clothes all get washed together. Anything he forgets to remove from his pockets only hurts him. If he wants them checked, he can do it himself :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s only bad when the screws fall out and makes a horrible sound in the washing machine! :flushed:
All the money is mine!!

We have two bowls by the door when my husband gets home he puts wallet and keys and change in one and the other is everything else. That way he doesn’t wake me up to help him find his stuff and it doesn’t get lost or ruined

And this is one of the reasons my husband does his own damn laundry and so does my 14yr old.

Nope that’s my laundry fee🤣 whatever I find its mine. Money, ear buds, whatever it is it mine now.

I’d just throw out/keep whatever is left

They are called slobs.

Check his own. We usually just toss our clothes directly into the washer instead of the hamper. So we are each responsible for our own pockets, no matter who washes and dries.

My husband forgets stuff in his pockets every once in a while, and everytime I find something I just tell him. He usually feels bad, so it doesn’t happen often.

If I find it … it’s mine :woman_shrugging: I do all of the laundry including put it away, I feel like the least any of them can do if check their pockets!!!

My hubby same and kids used to have stuff in pockets…was sick of emptying them so told them anything in pockets will get washed…so tough…

My Ex husband used to have a cow about this because I never checked his pockets. At one point I made him start doing his own laundry. Keyword. EX.

Yes and No because everyone should check there pocket before doing laundry but if you are the one doing the laundry you have to check because you are the last line to protect your valuables. But really y’all both should come up with a daily plans like he works so you watch the kids you clean so he cooks or order out you clean the kids and he takes out the trash and you put in gas and he wash the car-s

Yes he should check his pockets, but then you should double check them :joy: