Should parents have to buy carseats for their grandparents cars?

So I have two sons age I and two they are obviously still in a car seat. So my question is, should parents have to buy car seats for the child’s grandparents’ car??? When my sons were small, I would go out and carry them in their seats, not what they are older they have Nono carrying car seats, and I don’t want to put them back and forth in and out my car to my moms. Should I be the one who has to buy the car seat for her car, or should she!???

258 Likes

My mother bought hers it all depends really on discussion between you an the grandparent’s

Yes, those are your children. Your responsibility. If you want to make things easier, not having to transfer the car seats, you should purchase extra ones for their car.

10 Likes

If she’s watching the kids FOR you and needing to do things for her own household… You should be buying them.

7 Likes

Your kids your job. We have purchase car seats for mine and my husband’s vehicle as well as my dad and my mom (they have been divorced since I was a kid) my kids my responsiblity. Or you take yours out and put them back in.

Stop being petty!!! Go buy the extra car seats!!! Be thankful you have help instead of making it harder on the ones trying to help you!!!

14 Likes

If you are not willing to switch the seats back and forth , then yes you have to buy the seats for the grand parents cars

7 Likes

I’m about to be free baby sitter and yes your child needs it you buy it. It’s your child

I don’t think it should be a requirement but I’ve bought car seats for my parents house as well as my sons other grandparents. It lowers my anxiety knowing that no matter where he may go, he has a seat there. A lot of times I go visiting my parents with my daughter and she will take off with the car and the car seat in it … so knowing my parents have a seat at their house makes life easier.

My parents bought one for their car :woman_shrugging:

If she’s watching your children, you should provide the seats…smh

4 Likes

You. They are your kids.

3 Likes

You should buy the car seats for her car especially if she is caring for them for you. It is also safer to not keep moving car seats back and forth as once in secure easier to leave in place

4 Likes

no, I am a grandmother and I bought my own car seats, because I dont want the hassle of having to change them out, if you want to see your grandkids and go do things with them like I do the grandparent should buy your own carseat

Yes of course you should it makes life easier for your parents after all they’re doing you a favour

2 Likes

This question is ludicrous

8 Likes

She’s joking guys. :woman_facepalming::rofl:

1 Like

Whose kids are they? Simple. This question didn’t even need to be asked.

3 Likes

I bought my own for my own car. New parents have enough to worry about. Moving car seats or buying an extra set should not be one of them.

Well if you dont want to uninstall and reinstall the car seats in the vehicles, then since they are your children, im pretty sure it falls on you to purchase. However if its a finance issue maybe speak with your mom and see if she can share the cost.

9 Likes

Of course you have to buy them, they are your kids :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

This is really a question? Wow.

4 Likes

Why did a man even give you kids with this kinda mentality…smh i said what i said.

8 Likes

You should buy them there your children

4 Likes

I cannot believe you are even posting this question… DUH

5 Likes

Either you buy new ones or use the old ones.

4 Likes

Umm, yes you have to buy it if you’re not gonna switch the seats from car to car.

5 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t4: those are your kids. You buy the carseat

4 Likes

You seriously need someone to answer this for you??

5 Likes

Unless the grandparents are rich and you are poor then you should buy them or go to the trouble of bringing them back and forth.

2 Likes

I bought both my grandchildren’s car seats for my car.

car seats are going with the kids. its not up to everyone you know to have car seats for your children because you can’t be bothered to remove it from your car…

8 Likes

Wow! You buy them! Can’t put a price on your kids safety!

4 Likes

Is this a serious question? They are your kids, if you expect the grands to take care of them buy YOUR KIDS a car seat. Unreal.

10 Likes

Okay why would you not be responsible since they are YOUR children?

4 Likes

Uuummmm… they are your kids. If grandparents are helping YOU with YOUR kids. Then YOU provide what they need.

5 Likes

When my baby was little I bought a car seat for the babysitter’s car… I really can’t stand to move them. Now she has one for his car, my car and her best friend’s vehicle. We bought them all.

I think your mom should buy them, it’s her responsibility to keep her grandchildren safe. She would be a bad grandma if she didn’t buy. Not! It’s your responsibility lazy.

12 Likes

You or switch them back and fourth!!

4 Likes

If your parents take care of them for you free of charge, give it up and buy car seats for gma & gpa’ car.

If she is watching the kids while you work then you should, if it is just because she wants to spend time with them, then she can.

5 Likes

Jesus, really? You had the kids so you buy the damn car seats! I can’t even believe you asked such a ridiculous question!

5 Likes

Why is this even up for discussion? Your parents didn’t have these kids… they are not financially responsible for them either… either car seat goes with or you buy them!!

5 Likes

Wtf. Please don’t post fake or trolling questions. Entitled dumb ass smh

2 Likes

Yes, of course. Be a responsible a parent and daughter.

5 Likes

My parents went and bought one for my son for their vehicle. As my mother said it’s just easier if they have one for him so I’m not moving it back and forth.

Why Are You So Lazyyyyyyy!

3 Likes

I’m a Grandmother and I bought my own for both Grandkids

I just unbuckled the car seat and took it out and put it in my moms car when she watched my kids

My mom watches my children alot while I’m at work so I bought her carseats…if it is something they want just for leisure I would say they should the carseats themselves.

I brought mine for my parents car, they did their dash raising their own children. They don’t need to be spending alot of money to do ME a favor and have them so I can work or have some down time.

As a grandparent I brought my own

Wow is all I have to say…

4 Likes

I think it’s up to parents. I have before and my oldest has a booster seat for my dad’s car too when he goes with his papa. He just puts it in the trunk when not using it.

Yes unless you feel like switching all the time

3 Likes

AS the grandparent here , i have gotten 2nd hand seats to have in my car .
I made sure that they still complied with safety requirements.
For me it has been easier to have the seat in my car , as I pick up my grandchildren from daycare at times & it is not pre planned.
JUST because i acquired seats myself , i don’t think , that it should be expected that the grandparents fork out for them

The car seats and car stay with the kids. Trade cars. That’s the only way for the kids to stay safe.

5 Likes

Switch them or you pay for them.

5 Likes

Yeah I buy and replace the old car seats for my mom when she needs it. I pay my mother to watch my daughter while I work and it seems pretty wrong for me to expect her to use that money on something that is kind of a high priced item for my child.

I bought a car seat for my mom to keep in her car for our son

The alternative is sharing the car the seats are in…

5 Likes

Is this for real? Do you know how blessed you are to have 2 precious little ones and involved parents? Are you struggling financially? Sad.

12 Likes

Of course you should

6 Likes

Hope everyone helped you out! It’s common sense! You fit the bill and should ask your parents if you should bring food/drinks for the kids!

9 Likes

It’s your kids and you’re the one who doesn’t want to switch seats around so its your decision there for your expense

7 Likes

Y’all are so mean attacking her like that. She wanted advice not brutalized. I don’t think it’s my responsibility to provide a car seat for everyone who wants to watch my kid. My parents have their own cars, my child’s Fathers parents each have their own cars. I have a sister who will want to babysit no doubt. I shouldn’t be expected to buy each of them a carseat in addition to ours. I can’t be expected to buy 7 carseats like that.

My parents bought a car seat for themselves for my nephew, and so did my brothers in laws. I have no children of my own, but have purchased a convertible, a combo, and 3 boosters…kinda sounds like this might be a case by case basis. I almost dropped a steel framed car seat on my foot one day picking up my cousin from day care. That was the day i decided to buy my own instead of playing the in & out game. Y’all are mean.

I bought our car seats for our grandsons. I bought the base for the infant car seat and toddler car seats. My line of thinking was that I wanted them as much as possible. If picking them up from the babysitter meant I got to spend an extra hour and a half with them, then I was up for it. Also, I know how hard things can be for new parents financially and I wanted to make things easier wherever I could. I figured if I had everything at my house that the boys would need, then the mom would bring them over way more often than if she had to pack a bunch of stuff to come over. She literally has to just drive here. I have clothes, bottles, cups, formula, diapers, wipes, swim suits, pajamas, pack-n-play…

Are you serious! How old are you? Give her your car seats and then you can go to some community organization and get new car seats for you if money is your problem

We switch it back n forth.

3 Likes

Whaaaaa heck no. I bought three car seats one for me one for my husband and one for my parents… because I was tired of leaving the car seat at the daycare and my parents were HELPING me, by picking him up.

You made those little people, so you are responsible for their safety. Yes, you should get them a carseat for their grandparents’ car if you don’t like switching them out.

14 Likes

They are your kids, you had them, you should provide their seats, if it’s a financial issue then ask her for help. Or see if she is willing to switch cars. My kids go everywhere with their carseats. And if they go with anyone i always buckle them up.

I always bought my own car seat diapers clothes every thing I neededI bought it just made it easier for her the baby and me nothing was ever forgotten because I had it all

My mom bought the one for her car… Not because i complained or anything… She just did it.

I always bought the ones for my grandbabies because there was certain ones I wanted

I’ve bought a additional base for the infant car seat and 2 more car seats for when my grandson gets bigger. but that’s me I was willing to do it :woman_shrugging:t3:

Move the carseats back and forth or buy extras. You’re kids are your responsibility, I don’t go dropping mine off at the sitters and expect them to provide diapers, wipes and snacks.

10 Likes

With my mother in law I bought car seats for her car… But for my grandmother she bought them… If you can’t afford more car seats to the grandparents about it…

Yes… So i bought a nice one for my car, and bought one from walmart for her car… Which really hers isnt that bad for being on the cheaper side in all honesty…

You left out details of why she’s watching them but either way she is helping YOU!!! You should ABSOLUTELY buy them for her! I wish my mom lived close by to watch my toddler! I’d rather buy a car seat then pay $1K a month for daycare!!

Are they watching your kids for FREE? If they’re watching your kids for FREE you’re just a pathetic cheapskate expecting them to buy a carseat for YOUR child. YOUR child… Write that down cheapskate… “YOUR” child.

Your kids your responsibility

6 Likes

Why would you even think it’s the grandparents responsibility? How entitled.
They’re YOUR kids, be SO thankful that your parents even help that often where you need them to have car seats as well. If you’re struggling financially I suggest waiting until there’s a sale or buy used.

15 Likes

My parents had one and his parents had one. Just made things easier not having to take ours out and put in their vehicles

You should they are your children.

5 Likes

Yes they are your children

2 Likes

Uummmm… you shud give them ur car seats wen they have the kids. If you don’t want to then you should buy them, but i think thats kinda crazy to waste money wen you cud just give them yours.

Wow to most of these comments. Grandparents want to spend time with their grandchildren. Shit some of you are making it sound like a bloody chore.

As soon as my mum found out I was pregnant with my eldest, she was that excited she went out & bought/got from friends(who had older grandchildren) a whole heap of baby stuff for her place including a car seat.

I think it would depend on how often the grandparents are having your sons. If it’s not that often, I would swap them but if quite often maybe go halves with them in car seats.

Your kids, your responsibility.

4 Likes

My daughter in law made sure I had them without me even asking…

What’s more important? Money or your kids lives?

They are already watching your children, so yes buy the seat.

2 Likes

You should buy it, it’s your child, if they offer fine but if not it’s your responsibility

1 Like

If you don’t want them using yours but you want them to watch them I say you beed to buy them

1 Like

I think you should buy. Unless of course they offer. I got car seats for my grandbabies myself because I didn’t want their parents taking it in/out of my car. I have a big kid and baby carseat so got a wide age range covered :slightly_smiling_face:

You really have to ask this question :thinking:

2 Likes

Are you serious my yes you should, they are your children not your mothers and she is good enough to have them for you it’s your responsibility

I never ask my kids for anything! I’d do anything for my grandsons!

Your kids your responsibility Grandparents are not responsible to buy car seats for their car so as they can do you a good turn and mind your children and you should not need to ask this question

3 Likes