Should parents have to buy carseats for their grandparents cars?

Wow, some judgy & rude parents here…

Unless grandma wants something specific then yes you should by the seats. Knowing my mom though she’d want to get the “best” seats for her car and I just can’t afford that. :woman_shrugging:.

We have the typical car seats in our personal vehicles then we have the cheaper Cosco and Graco car seat that we keep in our laundry room for when we/our kids ride with other people.

The kids belong to YOU… YOU dont want to keep switching the seats between cars so YOU should buy an extra one for gma’s vehicle since YOU have the issues with it! :roll_eyes: Tooo much entitlement these days…

2 Likes

I’m sorry, is this really a question? Let me ask you this then. If you want your neighbor, whom has no children, to babysit your kids, do you prefer them in a carseat just in case your neighbor need to run an errand? If you answered yes then obviously you are the one responsible. Your children, yours & your significant other’s responsibility, no one else’s. If their safety is your top priority, invest in a pair of spares.

You! I’ve had this recently, I brought my two children their seats as we dont drive but their nanny does so she has the seats in her car, when their aunt takes them out we have to ask for them or she collects them, and as everyone knows it’s a complete arse ache putting a seat in and out cars. It’s become a huge issue recently and I’ve been looking at seats for their aunts car

Are you even serious

1 Like

Hmmmm, yeah. I bought my mother a car seat. She graciously keeps my son from time to time. He is my responsibility. So, I went ahead bought and installed.

1 Like

If she offers that’s awesome, if not get one for them.

1 Like

I would probably provide one if they are going in the car with them. It would be easier then switching back and forth and worth it to me.

I just move the seat back and forth. It’s cheaper than buying another one and if your mom doesn’t have them every day it doesn’t make sense to buy it.

I always provide seats for my kids. They are mine to care for even if someone else has them.

5 Likes

Its your child, you should buy it.

8 Likes

I bought an extra one that stays at my house that way they can all use it

1 Like

What I’ve learned is that when you expect them to buy there is no promise that they will be the correct style for their age or non-expired. They sell convertible car seats cheap enough, just buy the seats and then you know they are in date and appropriate for their age.

1 Like

Your kids, you buy. Or move them yourself.

4 Likes

If you don’t want to move the perfectly good seat you’re using, then you should buy the seat for her car. She doesn’t have to take your child.

Rude…

31 Likes

I bought mine for my grands

If your parents have them often yes. Or if they babysit yes.

If you dont want to go back n forth with what you have then just buy another one. Doesnt have to be a super expensive one.

Your kids and you’re the one who doesn’t want to share. So you. My mom, dad and boyfriend all have their own carseats for my daughter.

Part of having a kid is supplying their needs wherever they go.

4 Likes

You should I always provide my childrens carseat

If your not wanting to switch the carseats from the cars you should buy them

Your the parent you should provide it unless they offer to buy which is a very nice thing to do

1 Like

Uummm YOU need to buy the car seat for your mom’s car if YOU don’t want to lage your car seats back and forth!!!

2 Likes

Given they are willing to help out, I’d be happy to buy the car seats. Your children, your responsibility.

2 Likes

My grandsons mom bought the car seat for my car with income tax she only gets because of him

1 Like

I do because my parents ya help with my kids a lot.

I bought my own for my granddaughter

They are your kids so you should buy them. I have an extra carseat for my daughter, grandparents and babysitter use it when needed.

1 Like

Can she afford it? I guess if she could, shed just buy it. But then again, is she babysitting or just gma time.

1 Like

Yes I would. Its definitely not the grandparents responsibility.

4 Likes

You should buy the car seat if the grandparents are babysitting and you don’t want to leave yours. They don’t have to watch your kids.

3 Likes

Is she watching them for you? If so then absolutely. I did it for all 3 of mine because my mom was helping me. If you are in a financial hardship then mention that and see if they can pitch in. They really are not that expensive.

I’m going to look at this from multiple points of view. As a mom if I leave my daughter with any family member including my parents I leave her with a car seat if there’s any chance of them needing to take her anywhere. As a child care provider I have seen way too many people who don’t have proper car seats or even know car seats at all for their 4 and 5 year olds so I always provide my own car seats for any child. I personally if I were you would just provide the car seats. Not only for peace of mind but because you’re the parent and if it was for a child care provider the right thing for you to do would be to provide the car seats for them as well.

2 Likes

I bought car seats for my grandkids… That was my choice it was easier on me

Just buy the damn carseat or brings yours. :woman_facepalming:

Um why is this even a question?

4 Likes

yes they should. you want your parents to watch your kids, either buy a carseat for their car or transfer your carseat back and forth. It’s not that hard - clearly a sense of unwarranted entitlement.

1 Like

My nana actually bought mine as baby shower gifts. And ive had my kids 3 years apart sononce one was big enough we just rotated them. We each have 2 styles of carseat in each of our cats

Um yes. You should purchase the car seats if you don’t want to move the ones you have back and forth. It’s your responsibility, not hers.

2 Likes

My baby girl has one car seat and I use it for any car she goes in. Is it really that hard to do???:sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

My parents and in-laws both bought seats for their vehicles when my son was born. We were on a very tight budget so we couldn’t afford 2 more car seats. We were blessed.

Thats up to the Grandparents to buy . One cost so much .if they want to take baby ,they need a new car seat .

1 Like

Grandparents don’t always know everything we need to about car seats

1 Like

I bought my own and I just replaced my daughter’s the other day

Your children. Not theirs. You can install your personal ones or buy a cheap set for their car.

Less than 150 for two Walmart seats.

2 Likes

They’re your kids. Either you lend yours, they could offer to buy one or you buy it but you definitely shouldn’t expect them to.

1 Like

I mean if you don’t wanna transfer your seats. Yes
My mom and mom In law bought one for Their cars but I didn’t tell them
To.

Well if you don’t want to chair them from one car to other yes

You are responsible. Its your child. My sister watched my son while i worked and i had 3 bases to the car seats when he was smaller and now 3 bigger ones. One for my car, one for husbands, amd one for my sisters.

If they’re not going to, then you should. Only if you are tired of moving from car to car (it’s annoying, I get it).

1 Like

You should, your kid right?

I bought the ones for grandparents cars on both sides.

Your kids, your responsible. Some grandparents will buy their own but that’s their choice. If they don’t want to then it does fall back on you

1 Like

So my opinion is no not if they are the ones wanting to keep them or take them places and you aren’t asking them to keep them. My parents bought one for their vehicle and haven’t even kept my daughter and most likely never will either. It all depends if they are the ones babysitting for you while you work then yes you should buy it or put them back and forth in the one you have but if that’s not the case and your stay at home parent and they just ask to keep them or take them places then they should buy one

8 Likes

Let me guess, you also expect them to babysit for free :woman_facepalming:t3:

10 Likes

It’s definitely your responsibility. If the grandma wants to help you out and do you a favor she’ll offer. She’s definitely not obligated to.

1 Like

If you want grandparents to have them and transport them then supply their car seats 🤷

2 Likes

In my humble opinion if your parents are watching your children then yes, that falls on you. If it’s for visits then I would consider maybe going half on it or having them provide the seats if they truly have to go places with them. My parents watch my baby at their home and I bought all the baby gadgets they use as well as the car seat for them, I figured I am saving in day care so I don’t mind investing it to make their day easier.

3 Likes

U can get cheap car seats for them

Everyone is different! Money is a big factor along with safety

My parents and mil bought one for their car. But I didn’t ask them too

My parents bought car seats for their own cars.

My mom offered to buy one for her car. She bought one that was only $50. I would have bought the same seat if she didn’t because my daughter isn’t in her car often. It’s your responsibility it’s your child. They did their end they paid for you as a child.

1 Like

Grandparents should not have to do anything for u or ur kid. If you don’t want to carry car seats and transfer them from car to car then I would buy one for them…

Grandparents are a blessing ! It blows my mind how so many ppl say they have to do this and that bc they are the Grandparents :flushed:

They already did their job raising their own kids they don’t owe u anything!!!

13 Likes

Personally, ive always just purchased or acquired used (but still good) carseats for each vehicle my children would be in frequently.

Currently, I have 3 carseats , one in my car, one in my old car (for when bf replaces his car, and one in bfs moms car.

Can you possibly just swap cars while they are watching your kids for you? Then you don’t need to worry about changing the car seats of buying new ones.

2 Likes

A firefighter told me that if you do decide to buy more than one carseat, be sure to take your vehicles carseat out while your little one(s) is with your family member, because if one if the vehicle got into a accident (God forbid it happens) and your carseat is still in your vehicle, they automatically start looking for a child. So while you buy a carseat for your parent’s vehicle just be sure you take yours out :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t4:

2 Likes

Firstly damn, I can’t believe I read all that lol and second your kids your responsibility. Period.

They’re your kids, YOU buy them🙄

2 Likes

You do. Especially if they are watching them for you.

2 Likes

I mean you lol if they dont offer to maybe hint at it lol but they shouldnt have to

My daughter would transfer car seat, when the kids were old enough for booster seats I bought them for my car.

If you dont wanna switch ur carseat (laziness? Idk) then u should buy it.

4 Likes

You . It’s your child

3 Likes

I bought my grandbabies car seat. I also bought and paid for a spare outfit, diapers, and formula. That way parents didn’t have to pack and lug. And if somthing came up it was under control.

1 Like

It’s your child isn’t it? It’s convenient for u not to switch over the seat, correct?
This is a no brainer :rofl:

2 Likes

Is this a real question??? :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

If you want those grandparents babysitting and watching your kids yes.

3 Likes

I’m a Yaya and I bought car seats and booster seats for both me and my hubby’s cars. It never occurred to me to debate on who buys what when it comes to my daughter and grand daughter’s I spoil them

1 Like

We bought the carseats for grandparents cars… we could have kept transferring from each car, but it makes it so much easier for me to just keep one in each vehicle… plus I got to be the one to choose which carseat I was comfortable with them using

2 Likes

I bought an extra base for my mom’s car. You absolutely should buy them for the grandparent, especially if they’re helping you out.

1 Like

My mom bought everything she needed and wanted , lucky on that part . But if I was in the situation , I’d either buy one , or leave mine with her !

2 Likes

Grandma here.
I bought my own carseats, but that was my choice. I wasn’t asked to. But, I keep them buckled in my car and use them often.
I say it depends on financial situation for some.

1 Like

You should 100% buy the car seat and be glad your children have grandparents who are willing to help out.

1 Like

I bought car seats for my parents

1 Like

Yes. I have bought the car seats for mine. My sister car n her daddy car and I even have an extra so if she goes with someone else she has the extra one. Not their place to have to buy my child one

1 Like

If you want your child to be safe & your parents to watch your children. Yes, YOU should buy the car seats. :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

My question is, are they YOUR kids or your parents?? You should buy them. They are your kids. So its time to be an adult.

11 Likes

Absolutely you! Those are you children not theirs… if you want their help you should be paying for it. Ridiculous that you would think they would have to! :expressionless:

2 Likes

Either you buy them, or hulk the seats to the other car.

Grandparents are never obligated to do anything, they’ve raised their kids.

15 Likes

I would find a used one and get it for her. Wouldn’t buy brand new

We just transfer carseats.

1 Like

It’s a pain, but when my kids are with their grandparents I switch the seats from car to car… saves everyone some money :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I plan to buy 2 extra car seat base’s then just switch the care seat between the cars.

She’s the grandparent if she buys it that’s great if not it’s your responsibility you are the PARENT if my kids grandma wants to take them and she needs the car seat I’ll move them to her car I’ll pack the whole damn bed if she needs it :laughing:

Your kids, your expense.

1 Like

Clealry grandparents shuld buy them and they should also houses big enough so each grandchildren and great grand child has room … grandparents shuld buy them thier firsts cars, and pay for college … Then one day when your child gives birth you get to pay for all of thier children’s stuff

4 Likes

I just transferred my carseats, my dad ended up buying his own.

1 Like

You buy them, unless they offer or you are generous and do it if they do offer. I bought my mom a carseat for our daughter and one for our babysitter…plus one for each of our cars, lol. Kids are costly!!

1 Like

I’m buying the car seats.