Should we allow our kids to play with kids of a different faith?

Yeah this is a sore point for me. Teach your kids to love equally. Religion or NOT. Otherwise they could grow up super snobby.

1 Like

Psst.
You’re not teaching your kids very “Christian” values with this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What’s best for your kiddo’s is learning to live and accept people of all faiths. They will grow up in a world with people of all faiths and some who are atheists. Show by example that whilst you value your own faith you also value and respect other’s. That’s the best life lesson you can give your kids.

2 Likes

Are they also only allowed to play eith thebsame race as you?:thinking:

2 Likes

If y’all are confident that you are raising them as you should, then you should not be worried about things like this. I’m not sure how old they are, but regardless, you cannot keep them confined and away from everything and anything that you don’t feel lines up with your standards. It seems like you’re trying to live up to this “Christian” standard, but there is truly no such thing. Living in Christ, is loving everyone, and confidently walking in who you are, but not being self righteous. How else are others supposed to see Jesus in you this way? How else are your children supposed to confront the world? I get your worries as a parent, I truly do, but your children will have to make their own decisions. Your job is to teach them what is right and do your part to teach them about God, and then trust that God will guide them through the rest.

1 Like

I grew up with very Mormon grandparents and never once did I talk religion with my friends while playing. We where too busy playing to think about it. They are children they are not adults they don’t sit around talking religion or politics

4 Likes

Probably not the right page to ask this question as not all are believers. I totally understand your question as I’m Christian too!! Yes you do need to guard your children’s hearts from ways of the world. I would have your neighbours children over at my place & then you can see how it goes. Also an excellent way to reach the parents.

Let those who have ears, listen.

God Bless you my sister

15 Likes

If your faith is so strong then you don’t have to worry. Your kid is going to grow up and choose what they want anyways so why force it.

2 Likes

I grew up Christian, still am and I played with all kinds of kids of different beliefs, backgrounds etc.
children aren’t concerned about that they just wanna play and have friends.
They will decide what beliefs they have when they get older regardless of how you raise them because my upbringing was rooted very deep I still have those beliefs BUT I learned much more as I learned on my own especially how a Christian should actually treat people of all kinds my Jesus loves everyone of every kind and I will too.
Don’t judge them it’s not your job.
But, then again it’s your children so I can only hope they grow up to be accepting of others.

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha oh Lord :smirk:

3 Likes

What I can tell you is that I went to a Christian school and the kids that were shielded from the real world in this way, lost their faith very quickly once they left. And a lot of them really struggled once they were let out of their bubble.

The world is full of different people. They will have to interact with them. If your faith is important to them simply speak to them and have open discussions and acknowledge that different faiths exist and what they mean.

3 Likes

This is why I have lost faith in most people who claim to be Christians. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but shunning a child or keeping a child from playing or being friends with your children is not very Christian like. I think you need to take a good look in the mirror and judge yourself. Take a good look at yourself. Are you really the Christian you claim to be. God loves ALL children. Even the ones whose parents have a different belief. Children are influenced by everything around them. These children who are your neighbors are no more of a threat to influence your children than any other person, child or adult they will come in contact with throughout their life. Let them be kids and make friends. Just my opinion

6 Likes

W O W .
and you call yourself a Christian?!?
As a Christian I was taught to Love ALL , and EVERYONE is a child of God

4 Likes

I think you’re doing christianity wrong.

6 Likes

As christian as you can be, don’t be surprised if you’re the first to go to hell for even thinking of making this as a post, bible say,let’s kids be kids … You can be Christian but they have the right to chose their religion.

2 Likes

THAT should be the LEAST of your WORRIES
YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, YOU MY AS WELL GO LIVE IN A BUNKER FOR GOOD
THERE IS SOOOOO MUCH MORE GOING ON, THAT YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT

Let your kids be kids!! That’s just like if I were to not let my kids play with kids with a different skin colour! Disgusting.

My daughter and I are pagan/wiccan. Most of my friends are Christian. We adults have sat down and talked about limits then let our children know the limits. End of story. They just don’t talk about religion with eachother or anything related. This goes on both sides. I suggest you do the same and respect them and not discuss at all. So your children should get the same talk that they should not discuss their religion with the other kids. There’s no reason assume their children will hurt yours thats just sad and biased.

2 Likes

Let them play together teach your children how to spread the gospel as well I am a Christian and my kids best friend is not.

Whatever religion you are, I’m glad I’m not. You are everything not faith like. Judge muc???

1 Like

Guess you should lock your kids in your house. Gesh. Let the kids be kids. Be happy they can make friends :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

This has to be fake lmfaoooo

1 Like

Are you afraid the other kids are going to sacrifice yours in some sort of ritual or something? Come on. I bet you’d let them play with your kids if they talked them into shoplifting from the local grocery store as long as they were Christian though, huh? Just because they aren’t Christian doesn’t make them any less than you. And with that attitude, I wouldn’t be surprised if they wouldn’t let their kids play with yours because they don’t want their kids subjected to your holier than thou attitude. Get off your high horse and let your kids be kids.

3 Likes

Most idiotic & hypocritical thing I’ve seen online today! Kudos!

I have definitely learned Christians are some of the most judgmental religious group out there… smh as a Christian you should accept, love and understand with out judgment

1 Like

If your religious “values and beliefs” are so fragile, then I’m surprised that you leave your house to do anything but go to church. Seriously, the world does not revolve around your belief system. There are other people on the planet and it sounds like you could stand to learn from them.

Wow " what sort of person are you ,:thinking:just let your kids be kids & play with others ’ you are the one with the problem :face_with_thermometer:

No your kids might be a bad influence

1 Like

I don’t think you should care about your children’s friends having a different religion than your children I’m trying not to be judgmental But if you truly think your children will not have outside influence on your religion then I don’t know what society you have been living in. The whole point of religion or beliefs is you instill in your children your beliefs and you also teach them to not be judge mental of others beliefs that may be different than their own and if you are teaching them correctly you won’t have to worry because they will understand that many people have different beliefs. 

3 Likes

What you doing will cause more harm than good… Don’t force your kids because that is when they will go the other way… You can’t shield then forever and they will choose religion that is right for them…
Besides you as a “Christian” aren’t following what the bible says… LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR… Kids don’t judge… they learn it from their parents…
And to say you afraid the kids will hurt yours? Um no, you are… they not worried about religion… they just want to be kids and play…

Honestly shame on you… You are part of the reason I left Christianity! Because majority of you judge and the bible teaches otherwise… Very self-righteous of you…

Being a certain religion doesn’t make anyone a good person. Plenty of Christians have raped, murdered, etc. Not going to church doesn’t mean someone is bad. But you’ll probably do your neighbors a favor by keeping your kids away.

I thought you’re supposed to love your neighbor and not judge others.

This is a joke right?

4 Likes

Non xtians rarely share their beliefs without being prompted. I’m an atheist/Satanist with 3 Non believing kids and I have to worry about xtian kids because they come home from church with coloring pages of a guy with bloody hands on a cross and it’s supposed to be :sparkles:cute​:sparkles:
I have friends of many different beliefs and the general rule is we don’t talk about religion. I have a feeling your raising kids that want to share tho lol.
Best believe kids that are brought up not to ask questions are the ones who end up on tik tok sharing trauma stories.

2 Likes

Christianity is believing in Christ, right? Didn’t Christ hang out with all kinds of people? We all need each other. Regardless of our faith. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I would always allow my kids to learn more than one way of living, Its good for them as long as they truly arent being harmed! Nothing wrong with learning some differences!

6 Likes

My experience is that christians hurt people more than people are hurting them.

Like this very snobby, self righteous post, for example.

3 Likes

Why can’t kids be just kids

3 Likes

Eeww. Sounds like you’ve probably taught your children the art of judging others very well. I’d say keep your children away from them for THE OTHER CHILDREN’S peace and emotional well-being. You really need to check the way your religion is guiding you to believe division among your fellow human is anywhere near Christ’s guidance to LITERALLY love your neighbors. OP, you’re being gross AF about this!

7 Likes

Leave your kids alone. They are kids Jesus christ. Thats why I could stay on the side of “faith” LOVE EVERYONE

You’re an idiot! You do realise that a lot of Christian beliefs have Pagan roots! For example, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Immortality of the soul and weddings! You’re already practising Paganism!

1 Like

What did I just read?

1 Like

Chill Karen lol! But I will tell you that I was raised in a home like you’re describing, very strict Baptist… I wasn’t allowed to have certain friends or do certain things & even rock music was forbidden! Am I that way now? Hell no lol! At 18, I went crazy wild for awhile because I was free to do anything I wanted finally!
It’s good to watch who your kids play with as far as trouble goes, but don’t restrict them too much! Because being too strict was like caging a wild animal & then setting it free at 18! If the family is nice & the kids are having fun, relax! You don’t have to be the same religion to be friends!

1 Like

And that statement right there is enough to know just what type of person you really are…. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

This is what breeds hate and division.
You absolutely let your children play with the neighbor kids.
If they were black or brown (or whatever color different from you) would you be asking this question? You don’t teach your kids to stay away from other races/ethnicities do you? No, because that’s racist and hateful.

And that’s no different than your way of thinking.

1 Like

It is unbelievable to even comprehend reading your question? What a narrow minded person you sound, I hope your children will see the world differently from you! Having a religion is personal choice! One could be the most devoted Christian but be horrible person or the opposite of having no faith at all but be the most amazing human on this earth. I teach my children that every religion is beautiful in its own way and you should respect them all!

3 Likes

Ummmm! Judge not unless you are judge… sounds like to me you are judging… not very Christian like! 🤦

3 Likes

Good grief. This is why we get made fun of and people get the wrong ideas. You teach your faith. If the kids come to you with questions then there’s more teaching opportunities. Carry on. This will be the least amount of issues you’ll face in life with kids.

2 Likes

So love thy neighbor is just hyperbole for you? :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

There’s no hate like Christian love!

7 Likes

I swear these posts are NOT real, they can’t be ! If this is a real post I am terrified that people like this exist. It’s so sad that you are calling yourself " Christian", and not even a second later debating if innocent CHILDREN should be able to PLAY as kids want and desire to do, they are born without judgment or fear, and brainwashed by their " parents" that are supposed to teach love and compassion. You have the nerve to say you are Christian, have you ever read your Christian Bible, if so then you would know that you are going against the Bible COMPLETELY, and hiding behind a religion or church that teaches you to have such disgusting, ignorant beliefs. Have you ever read about a man named Jesus, if you have then you would know that Jesus sat amongst prostitutes and sinners, people with diseases and other faiths. Why ? Because he did not judge anyone. Because judgement of another imperfect human being is a sin. I shouldn’t be judging you, I should rather have compassion that your thoughts and mind actually don’t know any better, and I should be so sad that in all these years you have not learned that what you are teaching your children is actually devil like, and with no love there is nothing. Please open your eyes and ears and read and research reality.

3 Likes

Wow I just can’t even. I’m a little offended tbh. You’re worried that their children are gonna hurt yours just because of a pagan sticker on their car? That’s honestly so pathetic. It’s ok to have your own beliefs but this is just ridiculous. For one you’re forcing this type of terrible behaviour into your children which btw is not ok. This behaviour you’re showing is also not ok.

You clearly know nothing of paganism and are just being extremely judgmental and honestly, quite frankly, I wouldn’t want my children hanging around someone like you if this is your attitude towards difference in beliefs.

I think you really need to open your mind because it’s clearly closed off to what is most important in life and it sure as hell ain’t got a thing to do with religion.

4 Likes

Something tells me that if this is real, it’s not quite going how the OP was expecting… :thinking::roll_eyes:

Honey you cannot shield them from the world.
The outside will always get in.

Allow them to be cultured please.
Have faith in you and yours and let others believe in what they believe.

2 Likes

Uhm u cld just explain to ur kids that there will be others that have different beliefs and that’s okay. Doesn’t mean ur kids will be influenced 100%

1 Like

There’s no hate like Christian love :thinking::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

What was it that Jesus said?
I can’t quite put my finger on it….
:thinking: :thought_balloon:
Oh! That’s right.

It was

LOVE EVERYONE

2 Likes

Omg. No. You should not be allowed to interact with anyone with that mentality. And if this is how you’re raising your kids, keep them in the bubble with you. Don’t spread that nonsense outside of the Hubble.

6 Likes

Jesus. I think I’m unfollowing this group. :joy:
I can’t tell if yall are serious or not. Should you deprive your kids friends because of a different religion?
No…? Why the fuck would you??

Is my husband cheating? I’m gonna say probably not, you’re just being insecure and finding things to question because it’s something he does out of the ordinary. We are all human, we are going to throw red flags, be an adult and own that shit. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

This is why I am an Atheist.

2 Likes

So you’re going to shelter them from any outside belief and then when they become an ignorant adult someday and find out that there’s more than Christianity they will wonder why they were never told. Sounds very cultish to not allow them to know or be around people with other beliefs.

1 Like

If YOUR A CHRISTIAN
THAN YOU KNOW THAT YOU SHOULD BE SHARING ANYTHING & EVERYTHING YOU CAN ABOUT JESUS
NOT TURNING YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM OTHERS
YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOVE EVERYONE & TREAT EVERYONE WITH THE SAME RESPECT YOU GIVE TO “YOUR” CHRISTIAN FAMILY :100:
PERIOD

1 Like

Oh my gosh… get a fucking grip. I’m a Christian, I was literally just baptized and this is abserd. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD HONEY, CANT SHELTER YOUR KIDS, DOES THE OPPOSITE YOU WANT IN THE END.

But how Christian are you if you judge others?
:eyes:

4 Likes

This has to be a troll post. Won’t let your kids play with children of different faiths but asking for life advice from people of different faiths. Yeah, okay :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I am Muslim from Cape Town South Africa. We grew up with all an all and everything. In our schools at the time that I was still at school we were forced to do religious studies and it was only the Christian religion that was on the curriculum. Believe me we Muslim kids knew all the Hyms And Psalms and don’t be surprised if a Muslim kid played baby Jesus in the pageant. Then the Christian kids came with us to Mosque and celebrated Eid and Ramadan with us. Today we are still good friends Christian and Muslim together

4 Likes

Everyone believes in something diffrent but we should treat them as equals and respect their choice. Follow the “golden rule” and let your own faith guide you to make good choices.

2 Likes

I think you need to grow up and teach your kids that we are the same on the inside no matter what our beliefs… I think that’s called true Christian faith! It’s bigoted and closed minded people like you that give Christianity a bad name :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

… As a Pagan who grew up Methodist and is raising a Christian child (he’s 8 and has expressed his own interest in that faith) this is the most phobic shit I have read all day. I’m sure you believe we are all dirty heathens going around ****** women and pillaging their homes but guess what? The majority of us just want to drink tea and live in the woods and dance naked under the moon tripping balls off magic mushrooms. Geez.

until their kids/the parents cross boundaries of teaching your kids or trying to influence their religion, this isn’t fair. Your kids get to choose whether you like it or not :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Wow. People like this still exist?? This is sad as hell. Sounds like you are a KAREN and are judging super hard!!! Hurt your kids!!! A sticker!!! I’d laugh if you looked like a complete ASS if they didn’t even put it there… or if they put it there for pretty much no reason like lots of people do with bumper stickers… good lord :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Ooooo nothing like a good Christian woman teaching intolerance to her kids exactly what I love to see

10 Likes

My husband and I are part of the satanic temple, I grew up in a Christian household. Never felt like I belonged in it, always felt judged and mistreated.

A part of life is giving your children the freedom to meet other people from all walks of life and that includes religions. This post SCREAMS your basic Christian, very rude judgemental, self righteous, do as I say not as I do. Sin isn’t real, it’s a made up construct.

I was taught that if I didn’t follow the way of Jesus Christ I would go to hell. Now as an adult I don’t believe in hell. I don’t believe in heaven. Let the kids be kids and have friends. They are their own people not pawns.

No hate like Christian love. Just remember who burned who at the stake. You ripped off our holidays.

7 Likes

This HAS to be a troll post right? I mean…right?

3 Likes

You have to be trying to start something. Have you met and talked to their parents? If we can’t accept others for the way they believe or dress or even what type of food they eat, there’s a problem. If this is a real post, you have to look in the mirror and do some real soul searching

3 Likes

Are you serious?! Lol kids are kids and they honestly usually don’t know what the meaning of religion is. I am pagan and my best friends are Christians. Our kids are the best of friends! Religion among the kids are never brought up and if they are my kids and their friends learn from each other and respect it. They will learn worse things from other kids at school. Pick your battles momma.

3 Likes

Its because of your hypocritical " Christian" way of thinking, I lost my faith and quit going to church years ago

8 Likes

They need to learn the roots of Christianity

2 Likes

So when your kids ask why they can’t play with their kids what are you gonna say? Man, just let them be kids. You’re the worst

10 Likes

You’re an idiot and clearly you need a better job at finding Jesus because I’m pretty sure he probably just walked away from you.

5 Likes

Is this what you picture playtime will look like?

3 Likes

I can’t take this seriously. They are literally forcing it on their own kids, and “pagen” predates Christianity

2 Likes

Lol being Christian literally means to live in Christ’s image. You fkn suck. Jesus thinks so too.

Ever hear of the term brainwashing ? If your kids are secure in what you teach them, they will be comfortable in knowing other cultures and religions without fear of conversion. Your closeting them will only make them seek out what you have been keeping them from once they reach adulthood.

3 Likes

Do you celebrate halloween? Easter? Christmas? Valentines day? Any of these types of ‘holidays’ .if so then your a hypocrite because those are ALL pagen holidays. Let the kids be kids. You cant shelter them forever.

6 Likes

You are doing your kids a disservice. Forced religion and beliefs can always go side ways and make your grown kids run. We were given free will, its their choice what they choose to believe in their hearts, how can they ever really make that choice for themselves if thats the only choice they had growing up? And, how will your kids ever be able to learn and grow and experience things they will experience in the real world about differences in beliefs etc if they cant now? Theyre gonna be in for a terrible, confusing and painful awakening if it hits them for the first time ever as adults. I think sheltering them is a terrible idea. My son heard about different religions from classmates at school when he was like 7 and wanted to check out books from the library about as many as he could, and i let him, and he read them, and he still believes similar to what i brought them up on knowing and watching what I believed. Snd he remained friends with those kids and they respected each other, had actually deep conversations for 7 yr olds on the subject snd it was beautiful to witness. Also, how else could your children ever be examples? How could they ever share love, good things that other kids may need. If they arent given the opportunity to have natural friendly experiences? I think you will regret this way of raising your kids if you continue it, and you are ultimately blocking god from being able to possibly use them among peers and their families. Im not religious but i have beliefs, and this is just my opinion and advice. And in the end, dont you believe that he has your kids when you do not (because of school, daycare, etc)… also, you said you do not want their kids to talk about their “gods” to your kids… you do realize that in avoiding that, you are also again, diminishing the chance for your kids to do the same… obviously dont allow your kids in harmful situations, but playdates with parents present if you dont let your kids do house play dates (we didnt until our kids were about 6/7 and only after we got a good feel of how their parents were after a few “family” playdates) etc i see more harm being done if you exclude them from having diverse friendships amongst their peers than i do if you allow them to.

So whether you like it or not your kid currently run in to all kinds of folks children that have different religions backgrounds and faith. If your children don’t go to school and you keep them sheltered currently at some point be exposed their lives they will. I understand being protective of your faith. Teach your children to own their faith and respect those of different faith. This is you teaching them how to treat others. Be available answer questions as they come up. Like I really don’t think segregation is the answer at least not from a common sense perspective.

3 Likes

Fear driven Christianity is not Christianity at all. Fear driven parenting is also not going to yield the results you seek. Confident faith built on searching for truth is priceless. They must search, not be sheltered.

1 Like

If you truly believe in your faith you should believe that your child will believe in it too. They won’t be “influenced” unless there’s something wrong with it

2 Likes

This is giving me cult vibes. It’s a joke, right?

2 Likes

Sooooo, you wanna brainwash your children into your belief system without allowing them to think for themselves and create their own opinions?
Yea, that’s a cult.

3 Likes

You clearly don’t understand what’s best for your kiddos, you clearly don’t understand what it means to be a Christian, and you clean don’t know what you’re doing. Jesus would WANT your kids to hang with other kids who don’t believe, so maybe then they’ll have a chance at believing in God. Jesus hung out with whores, and theives and you’re telling me you don’t want your CHILDREN hanging with other CHILDREN who believe differently than you?! You’re doing your kids a real disservice because they’re literally going to rebel against you for this, period. I just woke up from a dream where people were judginge like you are these people, it’s sick.

There’s not a more hateful, toxic, bigoted, 2 faced person in this whole world than a Christian.

6 Likes

Uh what? Like you do realize eventually, your kids will venture out. You will be creating sneaky sneaky kids. Just because someone else doesn’t believe in what you do, you don’t want your children around them? Do your kids go to public school?

I mean if I was the other kids parents I wouldnt let your kids play with mine …I wouldnt want your “god” to spite me or my children for all the wickedness …so tell me your so Christian do you follow ever single thing the bible tells you ?? Your God isnt the only one get over yourself

4 Likes

Wow…I honestly hope that this is an attention post…
If it’s not and you actually want an answer, here ya go. No, don’t let your kids play with the neighbor kids, hell don’t let your kids play with any kids at all. You’re so worried about other kids having an influence on yours, what about the influence yours may have on other kids because of your ignorance? One last thing, Jesus don’t like ugly…

If your children and yourself are truly grounded in Christianity then nothing can deter that relationship with God. Be open to them having questions and honest conversations. But they will always be around people of a different faith, you can’t control that forever. Be open amd tolerant of different faiths.

20 Likes

Listen if you believe what you are taught then you should know that god loves all. Cmon… practice what you preach! As long as they don’t condone murder and shit like that then who cares…

Ma’am if you 1000% want your children to run as far from you as they can, then carry on… teaching them to respect other cultures and beliefs is important and Jesus don’t like ugly either

Humans benefit from interaction with ALL walks of life…

1 Like