Should we buy our kids more toys?

So my husband thinks that we should get our kids more toys and I think that would be spoiling her she’s five years old, and she has a dollhouse a baby doll, and a ring toss game for outside that’s all the toys that she has because I don’t want to spoil her, but he thinks we should probably try to get her something else to put with it what are your opinions she’s five years old.

1 Like

Um that’s nothing to play with. Poor girl! Definitely buy her more toys

17 Likes

3 toys? My daughter has way more toys than that but we have her help around the house with age appropriate tasks and earn them. Toys help with learning and new experiences…I can’t imagine my daughter having 3 toys honestly…

10 Likes

Glad you’re not my mom​:rofl::rofl:

50 Likes

I would say get her toys that maybe help w balance and agility. We have so many toys that my daughter doesn’t play with.

2 Likes

So a doll house but no dolls?!?

5 Likes

Jeez how is she supposed to keep busy. I have more toys than that in my living room :roll_eyes:.

5 Likes

By all the toys she has, I hope you mean just for outside. If you think you’re spoiling her, have her pick out something she’d really like for outside and let her earn it by doing chores or by behaving well.

What has she gotten for birthday presents the last five years???

25 Likes

Personally my kids have more toys than I can count. My 1 year old has tons of toys, but most of them are learning toys. You can get her learning toys that are also fun. Making sure you baby is occupied and having fun doesn’t mean she’s spoiled imo.

3 Likes

Get her toys. Kids learn through play. If you’re worried about spoiling her, then to make yourself feel better get her some fun educational toys.

13 Likes

I can understand if you’re financially tight…but check market place or side of the road for free outdoor toys…don’t think of it as spoiling her…think of it as expanding her imagination and learning all different things from play!

2 Likes

Yes…buy that baby some toys lol…my house full of toys …maybe too much…but 3 things to play with? I feel like this is a scam post…I cannot imagine a 5 year old having only three toys🙄

9 Likes

Please tell me this is a troll post?

Like I understand wanting to live a minimalistic lifestyle. But 3 toys for a kid? Come on now.

21 Likes

Poor little girl she barely has anything to play with. Your husband is right she deserves more toys. Good grief!!! She’s 5 years old she needs stuff to stimulate her imagination and keep her busy. Buying toys for your child is NOT spoiling them.

8 Likes

3 toys? For a 5 year old? I get not wanting to spoil her but damn chick. I feel really sorry for your daughter…

Get her more toys he’ll my daughter is 3 months and has more toys then I can think of plus she’s getting more for Christmas as I am big on having a lot of toys plus she has about 20 or 30 books

Get some toys she can learn with and maybe a few dolls for her doll house.

1 Like

Toys are good for kids, it’s an opportunity to learn! Get her educational toys and ones that allow her to be creative.

1 Like

Our house would be a toy store for ur daughter… I got 6 kids… Spoil her…not awful where she turns into a brat but spoil her bc shes only this small once

2 Likes

Buy that baby some toys

1 Like

Get that kid some toys

I would definitely get her more. At this age kids learn best thru play which can be difficult with only 3 toys and (I’m assuming) no siblings.

1 Like

Goodness. Get her toys. If youre worried about it look into waldorf toys

Get that baby some toys. She won’t be spoiled!! Try to do educational toys if you’re worried about it. Do y’all not do birthdays or Christmas?

I have a 4 year old and my house constantly looks like it rained toys. Buying toys isn’t spoiling them. Spoiling them is letting them get what they want if they act out or constantly giving into them. My child’s imagination is absolutely incredible! If he only had 3 toys our “pretend play” would be sad.

1 Like

You closer to depriving her than you are to spoiling her. 3 toys for a 5 year old who has no attention span? This is just mean

29 Likes

Buy her toys now or therapy later.

4 Likes

No. You ain’t tryna not spoil that baby. You just cold hearted. Bitch!

Books and Puzzles and Legos

2 Likes

My kid as a whole play Room full of toys Hes 5 years old

Maybe compromise and try to get educational toys.

Children learn through play. Give her all of the toys you can handle helping pick up at the end of the day lol.

2 Likes

I had to get rid of toys cuz my 6 year old had from her room to the other end of the house filled. Kids need toys

Get her toys. Let her be a kid

2 Likes

Uhm wow… I don’t think having more then 3 toys is spoiled… feel so bad for that baby

2 Likes

3 toys?! I can’t imagine! Hell my kids got so many toys each bday it was ridiculous! :joy:
Buy the kid more toys that’s not spoiling her just because you buy toys :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I think she should have more toys.

focus more on toys that with help with development than just “busy” toys or the amount of toys she has… my kids have mountains of toys but only seem to play with the same 5 toys

1 Like

Ohgod … your should see my 5 year olds room …

1 Like

More toys, play is important

My kids have an entire play room full of toys. Kids need toys!!!

Giving kids toys to play with and learn from are not spoiling them😕

3 Likes

You suck… #ISAIDWATISAID

10 Likes

3 toys? are you serious? My cat has more toys than that… Yes id get her more toys. They learn a LOT through playing at that age. &if you think three toys is too many, have fun when she needs therapy when shes older due to lack of stimulation, imagination & deprivation. When she sees the amounts of toys other children have & ends up feeling sad/hurt, I feel bad for her.

14 Likes

3 toys @ 5 years old?? What’s the poor kid get for Christmas and her bday???

11 Likes

My 6 month old has more than that honestly.

Giving your child something to play with or something to do instead of stare at a wall all day isnt spoiling her.

Buy ecudational toys, baby dolls/more dolls, people for her dolls house teach role play and imaginative play, puzzles and blocks for coordination/cognitive.

2 Likes

I can’t even with this post!
Short answer yes!
I’ll keep the long answer to myself.

10 Likes

Is this for real???
Shame on you for not giving your kid more than 3 toys to play with!!!

1 Like

I think you should get her a few more? Puzzles, colors, a new barbie!

1 Like

Buy that child some more toys!

1 Like

Get educational toys and it’s not “spoiling” her but rather helping her learn.

2 Likes

We have a 3 bedroom house with 2 bedrooms full of kids toys and a storage unit full because we don’t have room. We only have 2 kids for now

Please just give that Child to the father and leave… If you think that’s OK you’re seriously going to fuck up that poor kid…

My daughter has lots of toys and she uses her imagination with all of them

Toys help with so much like motor skills even at 5 years old there are so many things that children learn from playing yes by your child some more toys it’s not spoiling them

1 Like

Buy that kid some toys what is wrong with you

4 Likes

Buy the princess some toys. Their only little once.

2 Likes

My grandbaby that isn’t even here yet has more toys than that

1 Like

Toys at that age are important. They’re encourage learning and imagination. Stacking toys helps ith fine motor skills. A bike with training wheels are fun and help with balance. Puzzles stimulate the brain. Sensory bins. You can make your own if you wish with beans or sand.
Play dough.

My opinion is you sound like pyscotic control freak whose daughter will have nothing to do with her once she’s free from your over bearing nature.

24 Likes

You expect your 5 year old to stay happy and occupied with 3 toys?
My son is 2 and has soooo many toys I can’t even keep track… it’s not spoiling her, please get that little girl some toys… so sad…

6 Likes

What!!! 5yrs old…that’s crazy. My son was perfectly using an iPad at 5. Toys help them learn. It doesn’t spoil them. It teaches them to care for their things, clean up and sharing. I hope this is a troll post.

3 Likes

Are you kidding? I practically own a toy store.

2 Likes

Well damn I have 4 kids each child has like 100 toys my house looks like a toy store. Every time we go to the dollar tree or thrift store I buy something. They get more than three toys each for xmas

Please tell me this is not real.

4 Likes

Some people should not be allowed to procreate

15 Likes

Poor kid. Get her some toys. This seems like kid torture. Get over yourself.

2 Likes

Wow only 3 toys and you don’t want to spoil your baby girl

It won’t hurt her to have more than three oh my God that’s like telling you you could have three outfits or three pair of shoes come on now get real

2 Likes

My 10 month old has way more then just 3 things to play with. She gets new stuff as often as possible

1 Like

… you only give your kid 3 toys? Girl what. Morgen Stumph look at this :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My kids have a lot of toys… probably too many if I’m honest. They’re both generous, loving, kind and respectful people.

Sand box toys, tricycle - anything please!

1 Like

3 toys and she hasn’t run away yet??

1 Like

Buy the kid some toys. Jesus christ. How do you expect her to grow her mind, imagination, sense of self. Damn.

Not trying to be bitchy or say HOW you should spend ur money but imo she should have a lot more toys than that… she’s only a kid once. And it’s good for kids to play with their stuff and use their imagination

Buy toys. There are many that are learning toys

3 toys isn’t very much, if u buy some more that doeant mean u r spoiling her.

She needs toys. Toys help her learn. Books, puzzles, art activities, dress up, playing pretend activities (fake kitchen, baby dolls, fake school), and so much more. These are important for her development.

2 Likes

Lots of toys (they learn from them) but rotate usage.

She needs toys to learn and play 3 toys is definitely not enough. My son is 4 and has a whole room full of toys. Pls get ur daughter lots more toys.

1 Like

It’s not spoiling her, it’s called loving her.

6 Likes

Laura Chapman omg. :unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

Wht? 4 toys? Are you freaking kidding me? Toys help them learn and grow. My kids have a toy store…I just find something wrong with that. Please tell me this is a joke…

2 Likes

:flushed: my 3 year old has an entire room of toys plus outdoor toys. Toys help kids learn and keep them entertained, get that child some toys!

1 Like

Lol what? If you can count your kids toys on one hand something isn’t right. Listen to your husband and go get her some toys :woman_facepalming:t3::joy:

8 Likes

That poor kid. My son who is now 6 months has a damn toy box full of toys.

My kids have two rooms full of toys! They are 4&2! Jesus I can’t believe I just read that

1 Like

I have an entire christmas decor sized tote full of toys just in my living room and mini is 2. That doesnt include what she has at her papas house,in our room, or the back yard. 70% are educational or are geared towards motor function/skills, numbers, colors, etc. To each their own but i wouldnt want to teach my child to be a minimalist that early. Let alone limit their imagination and mental capacity for sharing, cleaning up toys, and learning to self entertain

Children learn through play! She needs more toys!!

Thats it? I mean i agree i don’t wanna spoil my 5yo daughter so we only get toys for her birthday and Christmas. She still has a lot though but its good at that age, she has a kitchen set, baby dolls and crib, a vanity, and barbie dolls with a frozen doll house. Tbh I’d rather her have toys than a tablet.

What does she do all day for play and stimulation?

2 Likes

Toys are essential to growth and development. You could be holding her back from developing by being so frugal.

She ha a doll house and a doll? You’re actually doing her a major disservice developmentally

2 Likes

Yeah. My kids have so many toys idk where to put them lol. Your kid should definitely have things to entertain themselves. It helps them grow mentally learning to do things on their own.

I feel like this is a joke… lol

1 Like

Please be a troll… Please be a troll…

7 Likes

3 toys total? That’s terrible.

9 Likes