Should we buy our kids more toys?

I think you have just told every other parent that their kids are spoiled. My girl is only 1 and she has a tone of toys. If kids don’t play they don’t learn. Playing is how they develop their fine motor skills and well as social skills like sharing and responsibility like packing away. Not only that but it also gives you a chance to play and bond with them. Three is not enough a ball or drawing stuff, please also lots of books. I understand things are tough but even borrowing books from the library and also second hand toys. That way its affordable and they still get to be a kid!!!

18 Likes

I would going for learning toys! Books, learning shapes, colors, numbers, puzzles, anything to increase her fine motor skills. It’s not spoiling but instead helping her learn with manipulatives in a fun manner!

4 Likes

Wait what?!? That’s all this little girl has :sob: I dont spoil my kids by any means but my kids have a load of stuff to entertain themselves… It’s not spoiling them giving them toys its enrichment for their brains & motor skills ect… Its how they develop some skills & problem solving. Please get your child more toys to help enrich her life :sparkling_heart::pray:t2:

41 Likes

Ok. If money is an issue, I can understand that and there is no shame there. But because you think more than the toys she has will “spoil” her!?!? My son is 6 months old and has like 30! Get her things that will broaden her mind, and inspire her imagination! You don’t have to get the fanciest most expensive toys you can find but seriously, get the kid some toys! What has she had over the past 5 years?!? Do you make things at home to help her developmentally? To help teach her to occupy herself? I don’t believe in mom shaming, but for the love of god, spoil her! Get her toys. Let her play! Why rob her of her childhood?

8 Likes

Lmao are you serious?
My 2 year old has a closet downstairs full of toys, plus her toy organizer full of toys plus all of her big toys and a couple more toy boxes with toys in her bedroom. 3 toys is too many?? Girl. CRAZY :joy::joy:

1 Like

You can spoil your kids without turning them into brats. This is sad to me. She’s a child. She needs toys. For many reasons .

10 Likes

My 5 year old has more toys than I can count. Children learn by playing, buy her some damn toys.

We got one thing for birthday and one “big” thing for Christmas. I think that’s a pretty good rule!

That’s it??? My daughter would laugh at you!

1 Like

This forum is not too put people down. Shame on you for making someone feel bad for or reaching out. Obviously there asking for other opinions so shes open too new ideas. Why must people always find a negative and shame others.

3 Likes

In all honesty giving her a new toy doesn’t hurt if it’s not done all the time… But like for her birthday,Christmas or Easter would be good for new toys…

damn get her some toys… bring her to the $ store

You buy new ones every year because your child changes every year. The old ones you filter out and either give away or sell.

1 Like

Wow. I can’t. Poor kid.

7 Likes

You need to take that poor kid on a shopping spree :blush:

5 Likes

If you think 3 toys is spoiling your kid then damn, what am I doing? :joy:

Having a bunch of toys doesn’t make a child spoiled lol it’s how you raise them!
Teach them to share, to clean, to donate them, etc and she’ll be fine. Don’t blame the amount or lack of toys for spoiled behavior, it’s all parenting :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

If you feel you dont want to spoil her allow her to earn things… make sure she has books coloring things paint kinetic sand slime materials… her own lip gloss kit … things that foster imagination

2 Likes

Our babies are only little once. You blink and they are grown. It’s ok to spoil your babies. Mine is spoiled but he is respectful, is always thinking and helping others and knows the value of a dollar. He also didn’t ask for most of what he got. I enjoy buying him stuff!

1 Like

Definitely buy her more toys!!! That’s not enough for a growing child who’s imagination needs to flourish! You wouldn’t be spoiling her. Kids need toys! My daughter had her own play room when he was little and my sons toys are all over the place

3 Likes

Okay so kids need toys to help aid their development and learning. Atleast add some educational toys. Honestly i think this is borderline abuse because kids need this to grow into adults.

3 Likes

Make an amazon wish list and I’m sure we can all come together and buy her some toys!!

3 Likes

My living room is exploding with toys and you know what my daughter played with all day today? A diaper box.

“I dOnT wAnT tO sPoIL hEr” she needs more than 3 toys, that’s ridiculous that you even had to ask for opinions on this. My son has a whole box of toys and he’s not even 2 yet. Not to mention YOURE SUPPOSE TO SPOIL YOUR CHILDREN! They deserve to have that because they won’t get it from anyone else. You’re supposed to want better than you had growing up. Get that baby some damn toys!

I buy my daughter more outside stuff and craft/STEM kits and subscriptions I found those to be the most helpful where it’s fun but constantly helping ur child progress educationally without them knowing. So they think it’s a toy so win win

Yes. Buy all the toys you can afford. A child is only a child once.

I say learning toys wouldn’t hurt if you don’t want to “spoil” her with just random toys. My 3 year old though has a whole bunch of toys mainly because everytime I go to Walmart I get him a new one even if my husband tells me not to! :joy:

1 Like

Toys are incredibly essential to their learning at those young ages. I totally get the minimalist lifestyle if that’s the goal, but she definitely needs more learning/imaginitive/role-playing toys.

My 4 year old has an entire room for her toys. And another that’s a bedroom. Well. The play room also has the dogs stuff and the workout bike

Kids learn a lot by playing with toys. It helps the imagination SO much. Get the girl some toys.

3 Likes

How about educational toys? Puzzles? Books? Coloring?
Even handheld video games have proven to improve eye hand coordination.
Toys aren’t just for entertainment, they help your child develop.
Promoting healthy development isn’t spoiling.
The spoiling comes from the parenting behind it.

1 Like

Yes I think she needs some more toys. Please!

2 Likes

Kids learn through play, dramatic play… get some educational developmentally appropriate toys if you feel guilty

Um ok. My kids had everything! They are far from spoiled. My son now 19 works for everything he has. A child needs toys my god

How is she suppose to learn imagination, creativity, growth? Does she at least have art supplies… learning supplies… books?

Bro…buy the kid some fuggin toys

2 Likes

Kids need toys to stimulate their minds and imagination. She doesn’t have to have a ton of toys, but only 3 is just sad in my opinion.

4 Likes

Get the poor girl more toys.

4 Likes

If you are not comfortable buying lots of toys, get crafts or motor skill building toys/crafts. It’s not spoiling if she is learning. I buy my kids more learning toys than anything else.

1 Like

Ummmm… Unless this kid just has like crazy new experiences every single day … this kid needs more toys!! Heck even look into Montessori toys!

1 Like

My 5 year old loves pretend play, an it’s great way for them to learn.
She has a doll house, barbies, doll house furniture with her barbie camper van … a pram an baby… and her play kitchen with pretend food, kitchenware (like play kettle an toaster)… an cash register to buy her pretend kitchen food (learn money and count)…
she loves playing with paw patrol dolls, absolutely loves toy story toys.
She has a lot of other toys but they are her main ones

Then outdoor toys swing set, ride on car. An she will be getting a new trampoline for Xmas.

1 Like

She definitely needs more toys! Buy her some of the basics. Each of my kids have balls(basket,soccer,softball, dodge balls), some cool stuffed animals and imaginative toys, a bubble maker,a bike, a scooter, a few dolls/accesories play cars outside toys, books, coloring stuff,ect. Pluse more.i think each kid should have atleast the basic toys as long as you can afford them.take her and let her pick a few from the store. My kids each have more than 3 toys each just in my car. Kids deserve to have stuff too, and im sure she would appreciate it.i think you are taking the fear of spoiling her to another extreme

My son is 2 and has a full play room he is far from spoilt… Having toys isn’t spoiling your child? It’s normal

3 Likes

Uhhhhh… IMO 3 toys is nowhere near ‘spoiling’ the kid!!!

4 Likes

Your little girl can have more toys without spoiling them. This one of my daughter’s bedrooms. It neat and clean with lots of toys that teach her different skills. She has a kitchen & table, doll house, baby dolls, blocks and books.

4 Likes

Seriously she needs more toys than that

2 Likes

Spoiling her has nothing to do with buying her things
It’s all in her attitude, if she’s expecting the sun and stars than there is an issue
Depriving her is not the answer but will probably lead to bigger problems as she ages (like acting out,lack of self control, debt, lack of appreciation)
When she gets to school she needs to know how to play and not get overwhelmed

2 Likes

Wtf is this serious or are u down playing what she has to play with??? My kids can care less about toys but if ur daughter does get her every barbie guy and girl get the baby a whole house shopping cart all types off play house items. If she plays pretend please someone buy this girl.some toys

dang my daughter isn’t even born yet and has more toys than that. It’s not spoiling if you teach her the value of things. She’s going to have zero memories of fun times or fun things she used to do when she was little. It’s like you only being able to go to work and home. all day everyday never get to do anything else with yourself or anyone else. It sounds like you’re depriving her of even the most basic boring childhood…

2 Likes

Imo , there is no amount of toys that make a child spoiled ! How you raise them will either make them act spoiled or not. As parents the owus is on us to teach our littles to appreciate what they have and how to give back .

1 Like

This is actually really really sad

3 Likes

Make playdough, cook with her, painting, puzzles all cheap to do and inspire learning and imagination

My nine month old has more than that. :frowning: My five year old has enough toys for a couple of kids. They are only small once and if we don’t spoil our children, then who will. Besides it’s not like you have to be super excessive. Get that baby some toys.

4 Likes

Is this a serious question?

3 Likes

Whoa. That’s only 3 toys. She’s a child.

Yes, she needs toys. They don’t have to be expensive, but she definitely needs loads of toys. That’s how they learn. She’s not going to be spoiled. She’s only going to be spoiled if she begins to think she’s entitled. Not just from having toys.

:woman_facepalming:t2:
Tbh- this is so sad.
She’s 5 years old and only has 3 toys. :pensive:

12 Likes

Oh please go buy her more toys. She’s 5. My five year old has so many toys and games she’s obsessed with barbies atm and she’s a good kid. She has respect and is kind to everyone and shares. It’s how you teach them to behave that makes them the person they are not what you buy them. Xx

3 Likes

Get her some new toys what the heck

4 Likes

I would get her a bike. Maybe a play kitchen. Some food food. Dress up clothes

3 Likes

Kids learn through play more than anything else… toys are important!!!

2 Likes

I guess my kids are super spoiled… and I only buy on birthdays and Christmas… and they only get gifts from family on birthdays…

She has 3 toys?
WOW, don’t you think you would get bored with the same exact 3 toys? They sell toy boxes because most kids fill them up. Because toys are important learning tools and you can literally google what certain toys teach her. Even having to clean up her toys is a learning and growing experience. PLEASE GET THE CHILD MANY, MANY MORE TOYS!!!

2 Likes

Please go get her more toys, it builds imagination.

1 Like

Omg really ? I feel bad :disappointed: You need to get your daughter more toys. That’s not cool and she’s being deprived of a freaking childhood, she’s not being spoiled. That poor girl omg

2 Likes

Honestly how many clothes and shoes do you have? How much do you spend on makeup? How much on hobbies? More than three toys are offered in doctor’s offices. Like how do you think that’s spoiling her?

3 Likes

She definitely needs more things to do outdoors. Bike, sprinkler, or small pool. Educational toys and games. Much of how a child learns comes from playful interactions.

2 Likes

If that’s all the toys she has and you have someone who wants to buy her more toys why not? My son is two and has so many different toys. Dolls, learning toys, books, cars, I’m always buying toys. It’s not spoiling.

1 Like

My kids have a good bit of toys indoor and outdoor. They also have coloring books and crafts they learn thru play and fresh air and exercise is good for them too

1 Like

Then my daughter is def spoiled lol she has tons and tons of toys !

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with some basic toys. Maybe add a ball, coloring books & crayons, play dough, riding toy, and easy board games.

1 Like

I try and cycle toys, things my son no longer has interest in I donate or trade with friends. He’s has lots of legos, trains and cars because that is what he is into but I also make sure he spends a lot of time outside. TBH I don’t really buy a lot of toys he gets them from family for his birthday or Christmas. We buy him book and or movies, clothes if needed mostly stuff like that. I try not to center Christmas just around gifts, even if he’s only 3 we like to do the angel tree and let him pick the gift.

I literally REQUIRE this to be satire. I just can’t… :woozy_face:

1 Like

Providing toys doesn’t spoil them it’s buying every thing they ask for that does

1 Like

Children need toys to help them develop skills like problem solving, empathy, spacial awareness, the ability to entertain themselves and think for themselves. The list is very long. Toys that allow for creativity help stimulate their brain! Like building blocks, legos, but not just kits, art supplies.

3 Likes

Absolutely buy more toys. Children’s interests grow with development and she is 5 now

1 Like

Ok, I’ve already commented but my heart hurts for this little girl! Pm me, I don’t care, I can send so many toys. Seriously.

5 Likes

This was depressing to read. My 3 kids have their rooms and our living room littered with toys and none of them are spoiled. Get her all kinds of toys, learning toys fun toys, etc.

Like jeez I’d hate to see your home on the holidays :grimacing:

*If money is an issue then obviously that’s understandable but because you don’t want her to be spoiled is totally screwy

6 Likes

Let him get her it lol

Toys are how kids learn about the world around them. Not just from books at school. It’s one of the reasons we’re failing our kids in this country because we forget that kids learn best through play

1 Like

:exploding_head: Dude. It’s not toys that make a shit adult.
Buy her some toys & raise her right. Stop looking for a way to be cheap. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

My 6 month old daughter has more than that… she needs more to do she’s a kid

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:kids need toys!!

Kids learn by playing, so yes, your daughter needs more toys to play with!

1 Like

A child’s education is in their play.
Unfortunately you are setting your kid up to fail as she needs to play to learn new skills. You can be cautious of what toys you introduce but you need to be introducing a lot more into her life.

3 Likes

More toys!!! There are SO many open ended toys on the market that can be used for many different things. Get the girl some blocks, a play kitchen, puzzles, more dolls and accessories, dress ups, toy animals, anything! Expand her imagination

1 Like

As long as she is taking care of what she does have get that baby more toys. Our 6,5, and 2 yr old just got all of theirs thrown away besides 3 a piece bc they wouldn’t clean their rooms or take care of what they have… as they show us they will take care of what they have they will get more back…

2 Likes

My 8 month old has more toys than that…please get that baby more toys. They learn through play and it’s not spoiling them. It gives them something new to do everyday. Yes shes gonna have her favorite toy and thats ok but you gotta get her more things to play with or she’s gonna freak out when she starts school and sees all the toys there.

4 Likes

Omg are you all there

6 Likes

Get that baby some toys. You only get one childhood . Let her use her imagination before she has to grow up a see the real world

3 Likes

Damn my kids are really spoiled then. This child needs more than that.

Please get your daughter some toys. Melissa and Doug have great toys to learn. Let her pick some out too. She’s only little once. :cry:

6 Likes

Definitely should have more, especially learning toys

1 Like

Your not going to be spoiling your child by giving the more then 3 things total to play with :thinking::woman_shrugging:t3: I agree with dad, go get her some more fun things to keep her engaged and learning. Does she own a bike at 5 at least?

3 Likes

She spent five years with 3 toys? That’s crazy. Get that child some damn toys.

Buy your daughter some toys!! Kids LOVE toys and learn from them, she needs toys to learn and developmentally grow

3 Likes

My daughter has our 2nd “living room” full of toys, then she invaded my husbands man cave with even more toys, and she has more toys upstairs in her room and she’s 2½. Everyone says we spoil her but oh well🤷🏻‍♀️ she could very easily be our only child so damn straight we buy her a bunch of stuff

1 Like

Thats it!?!?! Buy your kid some toys!!!

1 Like

Get her some wooden toys, puzzles, a bike, trampoline etc.

What does she do all day?

1 Like

I’m just like what for real

Lol we spoil our daughter, she usually gets a new toy everytime we go to walmart which is about 2-3 times a week. Lots of money spent but she plays with them and her brother has toys to play when he gets older too

Children learn by play! My son has fun toys like his play figures then educational toys like blocks for counting. Your baby girl is probably bored to death. Get that baby some more things to do

3 Likes