Should we buy our kids more toys?

Buy her some toys that’s basically nothing. My 4 year old has all that plus a sandbox a bike a scooter coloring books SO MANY barbies play dough dress up clothes bored games and more but she isnt spoiled she doesn’t get something every time we go to the store and she has learned when she is done playing with something she picks up before moving on to the next thing. She is an only child and it’s how she learns. I feel like giving her so little is like sensory deprivation

1 Like

Get the girl some more toys :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

No books puzzles learning games? Kids use their imagination through play. I would definitely get more toys this is not spoiling. It is teaching.

2 Likes

You sound like a terrible parent and I don’t even mean to sound all judgy but jesus. 3 toys? I’d hate to know what else you consider spoiling. A child needs toys to build the imagination, entertainment/things to do. You gotta get a grip girlfriend your poor girl is probably bored to death.

8 Likes

Don’t get her any more toys.
Get on the floor and play with her. Spend one to one on imaginative play, create art and music together. Help her to grow an imagination and problem solve.
The best toy you can give her is you, your time.
Too much choice of toys can be confusing and taken for granted.
Messy play like painting, play dough, baking, dancing, singing are all good. X

My kids have plenty of toys and they are not spoiled at all.

2 Likes

That poor baby. Get her some more toys, this is just mean

1 Like

Wow :roll_eyes: is she able to eat sugar? Or drink anything besides water? Bc I bet you’re a “i dont want my kid fat/unhealthy” type of bitch.

This can’t be a real question… I also have a 5 year old daughter, and she has toys galore, we get a lot of educational toys, but I am definitely not worried about spoiling her. Maybe it’s time to listen to your husband, he seems to have some rationality…

3 Likes

You sound like you think hugging your child too much also spoils them. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Spoil her. Wtf she’s only a baby once! Buy her some toys please

1 Like

I cant count how much ive spent on my son on toys during this quarantine. Hes deprived from school, play dates, his grandma every thing. If you have the money, buy that baby some damn toys

That’s it!?! That is insane! Poor kid isnt going to have an imagination without having toys to interact with. Poor kid :pensive:

3 Likes

Buying them everything they want now that would be spoiling… if your that worried dont let her pick her toys you pick them but just make sure they are what sparks her interest

Wouldn’t hurt for her to have more.

Plastic food
Tea party set
Wooden puzzle

I think more toys. Learning toys are fun and they thought my son his ABC’s and 123s before he was 2

Nothing wrong with educational toys. Buying her a few more toys wouldn’t spoil her.

I think more three toys ??? She needs books coloring books crayons costumes for dress up etc

1 Like

Get her a bicycle with training wheels. Not the tiny one if she’s interested in baby dolls get her a carriage to push. When you take her tho the store see what she shows interest in.Doesn’t have to be 25.00 or 30.00.

1 Like

Damn… my kids must be living the high life with a silver spoon in their mouths then because I have, not one but, 4 toy boxes full of toys. Three that have each of their toys they wanted individually and then a tub of shared toys. Unlimited amounts of stuffed animals, swear I have no idea where most of them come from. It’s like I look under the bed and magically 3 new stuffed animals appear :flushed::roll_eyes:
I have a 5, 3, and 1 year old. Of course one year old has all of her toys in one basket to play with

Something like a kitchen or a market stall with the accessories and a till would be awesome. She gets role play, social skills and counting, colours, names etc with those kinds of things.

I have three kids, they don’t have hoards of toys and I’m very thoughtful about the toys they get.
I think it’s a very good idea not to spoil them with things and make sure they appreciate what they have but, if you can, a few more toys wouldn’t hurt at all.

2 Likes

So true my son had loads of vtech

Puzzles coloring and shapes books. Cooking set maybe some dolls to play with geeze what does she do all day in the early years kids learn thru play

1 Like

…is this a joke?

3 Likes

My youngest is 11 and has no interest in toys BUT I have a friend who’s 4 year old comes over on weekends and half my kitchen is toy boxes !! We hace a huge swing set and jungle gym , bikes and a kids pool and slip and slide all for my friends kid that we have gotten in the last 4 years just for him !! How do you buy to may toys. I really don’t understand that. What does she do all day :disappointed:

1 Like

I buy my five year old toys every day almost and my 8 year old and my 3 year old most times I buy 3 of everything

1 Like

I really hope this is a joke. My son is 4 and we converted our spare room into a play room because of all of his toys lol

5 Likes

Don’t inundate her with toys. Don’t buy her over the top excessive expensive items. Have her care for her belongings. Include learning toys. Encourage her to share. To learn. To appreciate. Spoiled is about the attitude, not about the amount of things owned.
Buy her some toys. Not all at once. Give her some just because, others because she earned it. It’ll be fine.

1 Like

Get her some more toys so she can play and use her imagination…I mean 3 things can get pretty boring with nothing else to ever play with :sleepy:

5 Likes

That’s it really, honestly that’s sad

4 Likes

Yeah get her more toys. 3 outdoor toys. With alll the kinds of activities she can be doing. Who said it has to be toys. Teach her to ride a bike, play catch, lawn bowling, kiddie pool…anything. Volley ball, frisbee, baseball, soccer…sidewalk chalk. Holy sweet mercy let him buy her toys!

5 Likes

For the love of god, get that kid some toys. What on earth does she do all day? Hopefully it’s not watching TV all day. Spoiled kids are a result of parenting. Your kid can have alot of toys and still be respectful also you can use toys as a discipline measure. I mean you can take them away until they stop their bad behavior.

11 Likes

Alot of educational toys would be good.

How very sad for her. :frowning:

8 Likes

This can’t be for real?!?!?
Kids learn through play.

7 Likes

Ummmm…I’m not gonna be rude. Just go get that baby some toys!!! Not only do they help teach many many basic skills, but she’s a kid. And kids need toys! You don’t have to go overboard, but a shelf of books, a good lil toy box and a shelf or two for her favorites and special things. Then she needs an art/creative area and she could also use this for her homework. Don’t forget, she only has one childhood…and it’s up to you to ensure it’s one she doesn’t resent.

50 Likes

This is a joke right?

7 Likes

For a birthday or altogether?

1 Like

I only get my kids toys on birthday or Christmas… And we get rid of old toys to make room for new toys. Kids don’t need a lot of toys. They can have imaginive play… I’d say three to 5 outside toys… Bicycle. Pogo stick… Jump rope. Sidewalk calf. Ball

And no more then 10 indoor toys. Doll… Crayons coloring books. Learning toy. Board games. Card games. Legos. Blocks

They don’t need a lot of toys

5 Likes

This is one room. Out of 5. The other 4 look the same. Plus all of the outside stuff. For 2 kids. Buy that little girl some toys! What does she do all day? How is she going to learn? Toys don’t only provide entertainment but there’s so many educational things too. And how is she going to learn how to share if she has nothing to share? Now, my kids have way too much. No doubt about it. But I have never had question if they didn’t have enough. 3 toys for a 5 year old child… I’ve never heard anything so stingy in my life.

10 Likes

I dont see having a few more as spoiling. She doesn’t even have the accessories for the baby doll? How about outside toys if you’re able? Swinger, sand box, water box, car ran like the Flintstones haha my toddler and preschooler love those cars powered by feet. Have educational and imaginative toys. This is the best time to have those for their growing minds.

Are you kidding? This is a joke right? Puzzles, coloring books, some kind of building blocks, things to stimulate her mind and creativity, or educational things would be good. A bike? A scooter?.. geez, I really feel bad for the kid.

22 Likes

Thats sad ! My kids have so many damn toys

This is sad to me. Kids learn SOOOOO much through playing. I guess on the plus side I’m sure her imagination is above all else!

4 Likes

Wow… Go buy her toys!

1 Like

Not to sound mean but…is this a real ques? Are you seriously asking if 3 toys is enough? What does the poor child do all day? Where are her educational toys? Coloring books,crafts,things to help mold the child… sad sad sad…

5 Likes

So I have a 2 year old and she would rather play with boxes and pots and pans. She has a bunch of toys that just take up space! However there is nothing wrong with any educational or stem toys. She does play with those and there is nothing better than outside toys! A bicycle, sidewalk chalk, bubbles…

What 5 year old has only 3 toys? I mean really. I could find 3 toys under my couch.

10 Likes

Spoiling your kids can happen in ways other than toys. You have to let your kid live and have fun. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Damn… get her a bike, it’ll blow her mind. Poor thing…

Wait, what? I just cleaned out 2 trash bags full of toys from my daughters room and she still has enough to fill up 2 toy boxes. That’s not including the bigger things in her room and all the other toys she’s getting for her birthday in two weeks. And outside she has a trampoline, power wheels, 2 bikes, 3 different pools, 2 different sandboxes and other little things. She’s 4 years old. Kids NEED toys to learn and build their imagination. I’d rather my whole house be filled with random toys, than for her to be glued to an IPad/tablet all day.

4 Likes

Kids need toys.dont have to over do but more than 3 they get bored easily

1 Like

That little girl needs toys!! Toys are a great opportunity to learn, be creative, and let’s kids have a imagination. Don’t think of it as spoiling your child.

2 Likes

Toys are for education and enrichment it’s not spoiling. Get her a bunch of toys and when / if she does act spoiled take one away for the day. But yes get the girl more toys…

1 Like

This post made me sad. That baby needs toys!!!

7 Likes

As non Im a great grand ma, what I see people try to buy anything but their time. Time cost time an love

Not spoiling! Kids need toys to explore and keep their little minds busy and learning!!

2 Likes

Yea… my kids have more toys than that. Its not spoiling them thats how they learn. Even try crafts have a box of little crafting things she can do. Barbies hot wheels chalkboard she needs more

2 Likes

Our 4th bedroom is a playroom for our 2 girls (3 and 4 yo) get your daughter some toys!!!

4 Likes

How does she only gave3 toys? How does she play? How does she learn to share? How does she not get bored after using the same 3 things after 5 years? You NEED to buy your child some toys. Please. I’ll donate if needed but please help this child learn, grow and use her imagination.

3 Likes

Yes get her toys. You don’t need to fill 2 rooms or anything, but kids learn by playing. My one year old has a laundry basket full of toys that she pulls out every day to play. What does she even do all day with only 3 toys??

1 Like

Yikes. How is this even a question? Go buy her some books, crayons, puzzles, chalk, bubbles, blocks etc…let your child have some fun.

6 Likes

Toys build imagination play!! The more the better.
We have a 2 yr old and 3 yr old, that have multiple doll houses, lots of cars and dolls to use with them, including animals of all sorts.
They also have a slide outside and plenty of outside toys in a toy box.
We live in a apartment complex and neighbors kids play with them.
Toys are great for brain development. I studied child development.

You should buy her more toys

She needs more than that… find a swing set, play structure, coloring books/crayons, bike, 4-wheeler (battery operated one), etc. My 4.5 year old son has a crap load of toys I’ve gone through his room a few times and still has a lot plus what he has outside as well as living room and upstairs hallway and also down on our dock for the lake… kids learn through playing

My daughter has a ton of toys and while I do think she is a little spoiled compared to most kids we teach her how to respect and to be grateful for what she has. My husband and I both grew up poor and refused to let our kids grow up like we did however even poor we had more toys than what your 5 year old has.

My kids are 10, 6, and 15 months old. They have way more toys then that. Dolls puzzles, car, cards, you name it they probably have it. My 6 year old loves puzzles. The bigger the better. She has put puzzles together quicker then most adults. She loves the challenges. My 15 months lives to sit and watcher. 2 words, MOTOR SKILLS!!! Toys teach that and helps with their imaginations!!

You sound annoying omg.

7 Likes

Yes she needs more toys. Let her play and have fun. How will she ever find more things that she loves without being able to experience other stuff?

My child must be extremely spoiled :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yea, give her toys. Coloring books, legos, blocks etc. Toys are a great way to learn, numbers, colors, shapes, patterns, etc.

More toys my kids had loads from hand me downs to making things they were doing 100 piece puzzles when they were 3 they both have IQ’s above and beyond their piers they use their imagination and are internet free! Toys and imagination plus reading enriches the kids!

My daughter has too many toys 5 ikea kallax boxes in the lounge, a massive toy box in my under stairs cupboard, in her she has 2 toy boxes, 2 more IKEA kallax boxes full and 2 of them crammed with books and also a doll house. Plus way too many soft toys, a toy box full, the end of the bed is full with them and an ikea kallax box on top of the unit and another full of dressing up outfits

What :joy: naw man. Go get her damn 20 toys today :rofl: that baby deserves a shopping spree right now. Tell dad to take her

Spoiling would be buying her everything she wants. 3 toys?! Hubby’s right. Buy her more toys! She needs stimulation. Imagination. Excercise. Money management. There’s all kinds of things she can have that are for her learning benefit and fun! Have her “earn” the toys, in the future, but for now, go get that child some toys!!!

Coloring books, arts & crafts, kids crosswords, matching games, math games, trampoline, swingset, bike, kitchen set, grocery store set, board games, power wheels, slip n slide, sprinklers, pools, oh my, so many options for learning, family time, sillyness and fun!

1 Like

What is she learning besides how to take care of a house and children with just a baby doll and dollhouse? She should have books, art supplies, blocks, Legos, toys that stimulate her creativity and problem solving skills. You are stunting her brain and limiting her curiosity and creativity.

7 Likes

Buy that poor child toys. She’d have access to more in school and see her friends with far more. This cannot be a real question.

3 Likes

Am i reading this correctly?? Did u just say she has like 3 toys​:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle: girl your child needs to have more than that and thats not spoiling thats letting them have an imagenation… 2 times a year i go through my toy bin and get rid of 2 garbage bags full of toys… (birthdays and christmas) your hubby is right she needs more than that hun…

1 Like

The amount of toys a child has does not mean they are spoiled :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: a child is spoiled when their parent gives me anything they want. They tell them no but the kid throws a fit and the parent gives in and does it anyways and that isn’t just with toys either that’s with anything. It’s called discipline. Saying no and sticking to it. Not choosing to buy your kid toys because u assume that will mean they are spoiled.

1 Like

Um wtf. That poor kid is probably bored out of her freaking mind

2 Likes

I’m wondering how many toys did she have as an infant/toddler?

2 Likes

Thats it?? My not even 2 year old has more toys than that! You’ll know when you spoil her, and she wants something at the store and screams for it.

She is five and has three toys that’s sad . Let her grow her imagination. I love letting my son pick out a toy and watching his face light up with joy as he pretends and plays. Kids learn from toys they grow there imagination and find there passions young.

1 Like

Just some of my soon to be 1yr olds toys!! Your child needs more toys selfish woman

4 Likes

Kids learn through play don’t deprive your kids dude.

If you can afford it… buy the toys! Don’t use them as reward for bad behavior or bribery, be good parent and you won’t raise a spoiled child.

Although I already posted a comment.
I just had a thought, this has to he a troll post. Well done.

1 Like

My kids have 3 giant tubes full of toys.

Toys arent just for fun or entertainment they are for learning and help them sensory wise so they could learn how to read, write, and spell easier. Your daughter definitely needs a lot more toys they are essential for her development.

1 Like

So she has 3 toys. They teacher only to take care of a kid. Try legos!! Expand from Mind

Buy her some more toys! What kind of life is that for a 5 year old. 3 toys!?? U don’t have to give her everything she points her finger to, but geez… Or at least some crafting stuff.

I live the minimalist approach , it really helps develop a child’s imagination! We as a society overindulge . That being said if you do want to get her more things I would suggest open ended toys that have multiple purposes ( like legos ) . For my kids birthdays we do a toy a piece of clothes and a book . Wanna know what they play the most with ?! Sand outside, rocks and pine cones lol .

I’ll take a picture of what my 9 month has… :woman_facepalming: your poor kid.

4 Likes

Are you saying she only has 3 toys cause that’s nothing. Your husband is right, get her more toys.

Wow thats all I can say is wow

I’m sorry but only 3 toys? Spoiling her is buying her everything she wants and/or always has to get her way.
I think you should most definitely buy more toys. Coloring books, building blocks, give her puzzles and more dolls. She needs stimulation and to have fun and learn with toys.

I honestly don’t care if my son is “spoiled” I buy him toys and clothes almost all the time. And I feel like he still doesn’t have enough. Lol

My kids aren’t spoiled by any means but my yard look like a daycare center and I only have a 2yr old and a 5yr old. They have more than 3 toys just in the backseat of the car. Buy your baby some more toys you won’t be spoiling her

Seriously WTF
I got a 15 year old with more toys from his childhood then that
My granddaughter 3 months has more toys then that at meemas and pop pops
Give the kid some toys that’s how they learn

She definitely needs more! Kids learn by play, and it wouldn’t be spoiling unless you’re buying her every single thing she wants and going overboard with it. Your husband is right!

this has to be a troll post… that poor kid.
My daughters has a toy area in the living room AND her bedroom. this post makes me sad :disappointed: I’ve watched my child learn and interact with play toys and honestly your depriving your kid of their childhood…

1 Like

3 toys is considered spoiling​:thinking:I feel sorry for your child. You’re going to be a stingy mom. Are you going to be stingy with love also, since you seem to have an issue with spoiling a CHILD​:thinking::woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes