Should we let our 6 year old go out with my ex husband (not his father)?

If your boyfriend and ex dont get along maybe have them sit down and talk. I think its nice he’s including your 6 year old. You and your bf could have a date night while they are all gone.

4 Likes

I would absolutely let him go with his siblings. Think of his heartbroken little face when he watches them leave. That’s a big nope for me. I don’t emotionally damage my kids over petty stuff.

1 Like

I’d let him go. Sounds like he would have fun.

He should be able to go with his siblings, he’s old enough to spend the night away from parents, especially if it’s another parent to your others. Tell him to look at it from his sons point of view, His siblings get two “daddies” and get to do special stuff with their other daddy but he gets left out? That’d be heartbreaking for a kid💔 Coparenting goes out to the new spouses as well, especially when new children come into the picture.

You’ve been with him for seven years and he’s having an issue now. :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

Let him go! Sometimes people have a hard time understanding that you really can have a great relationship with your child’s other parent after separating. I let my exes kids come hang out for the weekend, he takes my kiddos. It’s wonderful and nice for the kids! They don’t just need to have a relationship with siblings when they are with you or vise versa.

2 Likes

Let him go, that’s a coparenting win the fact he included the children’s sibling knowing he will hear all about it

6 Likes

The 6 year old should be able to share that memory with their siblings imagine how left out they’ll feel if they can’t . If he’s great with the other kids it shouldn’t be such an issue. In fact your boyfriend and you would have some alone time and a sitter for that night.

1 Like

I don’t see a MAJOR issue… However, if you want your relationship to calm down I’d respect the boyfriends opinion since it is his kid. Not your exs

Fuck it I’m going too

I’d respect my boyfriends opinion, because he’s also his dad. You can’t just disregard the other parent’s feelings because you think he should go. I’d just say that if he doesn’t want your son to go, that he should plan his own father-son day so your son doesn’t feel like he’s missing out.

2 Likes

Let the 6 yr old go! That’s an amazing ex-husband and so few ppl have ex’s like that!

2 Likes

It is absolutely never a problem for an ex to include a siblings of their children and I think it’s wonderful that he thought of including your child on this trip.

Perhaps your current boyfriend has some jealousy issues that he needs to work through. You know your ex is going to take care of your child, you trust him with your children explicitly, why would he not trust him with their brother? I think it would be terrible to deny your son this trip because your ex isn’t man enough to deal with his jealousy. That’s his to own, not a 6 year old to be punished over.

1 Like

So because the FATHER of the 6 year old has issues with HIS son going with his girlfriends ex hes a bad dude lol how come the mother gets to just deside without really talking about it with the father

they shouldn’t have spoken about it in front of him :cry: For whatever reason you decide not to let him go then you should take him somewhere special to

1 Like

I would definitely let them go. They would feel so bad if they were the only one left out!

1 Like

Aww man… You guys are lucky that you have a good relationship with your ex. I wouldn’t want to ruin that or put that in jeopardy. And of course you wouldn’t want to go against your husband BUTTTTT… that seems like such a great opportunity for them! Hands down, if you trust your ex, if he’s a good guy and responsible, and you trust him with your two older children, definitely I would send the younger child with him since he offered. Hopefully your boyfriend can see through any bitterness or whatever he’s experiencing.

The fact that the ex is trying to include the six year old speaks volume of his character. It shows he respects that his kids have another sibling and wants all of them to enjoy themselves without one feeling left out. This is about the children. Kinda have to look at it from both perspectives. The BF gets to take the kids from the ex to do things and probably on vacations and stuff so why can’t the ex? It’s called a blended family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

58 Likes

Let him go. This was so awesome of your ex to offer!

3 Likes

So what is his reason for not wanting him to go? Does this man live with you around your ex’s children because if he does then he has double standards.

3 Likes

send him—you are fortunate to have an ex that cares and includes him! I know my ex would take his wife (who was wife number 3 and now his ex) on many vacations along with her 3 kids and his other kids from a previous marriage but tell the kids we had together “we would take you guys too but your mother probably wouldn’t let us.” Wish my ex had been more like yours!

3 Likes

So basically your bf is a petty child? That’s really sad that he’d deprive his child of having fun with his siblings because he’s probably insecure. I mean, clearly the ex husband is capable of taking care of his own and you don’t have any issues so…. maybe tell the boyfriend to man up and have a convo with the ex.

6 Likes

If it was me, I’d let him go. It takes a village to raise a child and it sounds to me like you ex is just one more person who cares for you son. I would sit and talk with your boyfriend and see what is really nothing him about the situation. Chances are he doesn’t really want to break your 6 year olds heart either but is bothered by something deeper.

1 Like

Well the old children are out with their dad. Take your youngest somewhere fun as well.

Let him go thier is nothing wrong with it. I would personally tell bf tough shit. But if he firmly puts his foot do then your bf can be the one to tell him no and explain why.

If your boy friend has no plans to take your 6 year away and have some fun ,why should the child stay home with no one to play with while his siblings are having fun ,I would let him go ,you yourself said his a good man and he probably feels guilty for taking the 6 years sibling’s away ,when he is willing for the child to go with them and have fun , I think he is wonderful for including the child

2 Likes

If not pervert I would let him go

1 Like

I always took my baby sister with me to my dads! My parents didn’t mind on both sides!

1 Like

Is your boyfriend around the kids … ur ex’s kids… yes
Blended yall
Get w the picture

2 Likes

Let him go its not a big deal and the same as if he were going with an uncle.

I love that he’s still willing to be there for the little one obviously they have an amazing bond that has grown. My children’s bio dad isn’t in the picture but the man I dated for 7 years he is their dad in my kids hearts he takes them every second weekend and even came and installed the new flooring in my sons room. We are still close friends and I’m lucky the man I’m with now is very supportive of their relationship. I’m sorry you feel torn but I would communicate to my partner that they have built a relationship that is very important to the 3 of them.

I went like this with my step siblings parents and stuff. Both of my parents were remarried. It takes a village. :slightly_smiling_face:

My first Ex use to come pick up my youngest( which wasnt his son) all the time to hang out with his older siblings.

My mom was always welcoming to my younger half sister and I respect her so much for that! I loved that we were able to be siblings not only at my dads but also at my moms. She would come stay weekends with us and it was never weird. I’d let him go!

2 Likes

They are siblings and if he is a good father already, then i would not have an issue with it. Its not fair for one child to miss out cuz your boyfriend is a dick…OR your BF goes out and pays for the SAME type of trip his siblings are having.

1 Like

Awww…thats so sad…i say let him go…poor kid…adults need to start putting there differences aside for the children’s sake…especially when there are more than just one mom n dad…they knew the situation before gettin involved…you n your ex have the right idea, seems like to me…n hands down to ya’s for doing whats right for your kids …thats awsome to hear…cause so many don’t…they end up using the kids to hurt the other parent but don’t think about the fact that its the child that gets hurt the most …ive gone through it…but it was the paternal grandmother that would do things to hurt me through my kids…an i think that is just low …we never really got along…but that didn’t stop me from inviting her to the kids Party’s n Christmas n other stuff…cause regardless of my opinion of her…my kids love her cause she is there gramma…anyway…got carried away…but i love what you n the ex are doing…totally agree that ur youngest should be aloud to go…it would just break his lil heart if cant…an why do that to him…

3 Likes

Let him go! And plan something nice for the time that you and your boyfriend we’ll have alone.

1 Like

Let him go, the ex doesn’t seem to have a problem his kids around another man so why should your current boyfriend have a problem your son being around another man with his brothers. It’s not like it’s just him!!! Shoot it gives you some time alone too!!! Someone has to grow up, they’re siblings and your ex is a decent respectful person to even invite him. This is about memories those kids will cherish because adults acted in their best interest. If the ex is trust worthy, then what’s the problem?

11 Likes

I don’t see a problem with him going. What are your boyfriends reasons for not wanting him to go.

1 Like

Fuck what ur bf thinks do what best for the child

Unfortunately, that’s his dad. He has a say. I get it, because ur 6 year old wants to go. It sucks if he doesn’t let him. Maybe he feels some type of way, like it’s not him taking the child and on the inside is embarrassed? I’d def talk to him again.

Send the kiddo. Tell him to suck it up or pay for the 6 year old to go so he don’t feel “any type of way”. It’s a beautiful gesture to even offer. That’s so cool

2 Likes

Let him go! No harm I think it’s great your ex-husband has invited your 6YO. Your bf can be around your ex-husband kids his kid should be fine with your ex-husband for a day

3 Likes

I had an ex who would take both his son and his exes daughter that wasn’t his for the weekend regularly. I thought it was the sweetest thing and we would have loads of fun, he was just an overall great dad and human being.
Sounds like you and your hubby will get a little you time, that’s wonderful! Take a break, have some quality time with your current :slight_smile: maybe that’ll help him feel better about it

2 Likes

I would let my son go. Especially if you guys have no plans. Talk to your current bf and ask him his reasons for not wanting your son to go? Hopefully you guys can come to a understanding and let little man go have fun with his siblings.

1 Like

Let him go are you crazy!!! Is your boyfriend crazy you don’t find ppl like this very often … And the older siblings will hold him down … I think ur hurting the child and teaching him bad parenting habits …

2 Likes

This is winning at cooarenting let him go enjoy time with his siblings

3 Likes

Let that child go. He needs to put his ego aside. Should your ex get petty and not allow your kids to do anything with your current boyfriend? Seems silly. I would never leave a kid out intentionally and since he’s offering he does seem like a great guy who is putting his kids first by including the sibling.

1 Like

Let him go. Tell the bf to quit being selfish

You need to be understanding of your boyfriends point of view. Maybe just sitting down and getting to the bottom of his problem with it, might change his mind. Just the fact that he knows you value his feelings enough… how would you want him to treat you if the roles were reversed

1 Like

My mom has 3 kids from her 1st marriage. I was born when her youngest was 7(we are all late 20s to early 40s now) their dad and stepmom almost always took me with them when they got them. My dad was not involved at all though. I remember getting to go to Maine a few times with them. Now that I’m an adult, I appreciate it more than ever. Even though I wasn’t their kid or even just his, I was still HIS kids baby sister and I was treated just like them. They still worry about me like I’m theirs​:joy::joy:Let your son go, as long as he’s a safe person, which seems to be the case. If not anything else it’s a great memory making trip with his siblings.

2 Likes

Should let him go so he doesn’t feel excluded. Your boyfriend shouldn’t not allow your child to go with his other siblings, that’s childish of him and even more childish of him to be upset by the nice offer. And it doesn’t really make sense that you have 2 kids that aren’t your boyfriend’s but they go with him and your ex doesn’t get upset, but your boyfriend is getting upset about your ex offering to take you and your boyfriend’s child… It would be good for all the kids to stay together…

2 Likes

I would let him go! Its so much better to see families getting along, and for him to include your son, says a lot about him! Your bf should be grateful that he’s including him, instead of leaving him out!
I’d seriously just let him go!

2 Likes

I would absolutely let him go. It takes a village and if he’s good to all your kids why not? My ex is one of my best friends and literally takes all my kids everywhere his biologically or not.

2 Likes

I would let the 6 yr old go

Yes. I’d let him go, if the Ex is a safe person.
Now if his dad says no, then that is another issue.
Definitely hope you BOTH strive for what’s best for the kids and put aside those differences. I know it’s weird at first but co-parenting is important. And alot of people don’t have the opportunity.

Let him go and tell your boyfriend to grow up and get over it.

2 Likes

Id let the 6 year old go too as long as ex treats him good. Why not. He will be with his siblings having fun and making memories. The more people who love our kids the better!tell you new man think of the kid not hisself.

I personally think it’s great for him to go I also had a great co-parenting relationship with my ex-husband and he often would watch my two other children that were not his that I had after we divorced he would actually babysit them for a week for me before so that I could go on vacation and such it helped my kids so much by having that kind of relationship with him however if your boyfriend is going to get upset about it remember that is his child too so he does have a say

Send the kids! They will have an amazing time together

If you and your ex have no problems or drama and get along so well I see no problem with the 6 year old going, he just wants his children and their sibling to have fun together, if your bf has a problem with it then it’s own insecurity, why would any parent want their child to miss out on having fun with their siblings…

4 Likes

I may be the odd one here but… I don’t like my 6 year old staying overnight at ANYONES place (aside from grandma/grandpa’s house). I don’t care how close someone is to our family, I rather protect my kid than “let him/her go to have fun overnight” where something preventable could happen.
Maybe that’s the way your boyfriend sees it.
Your ex might be a great parent to his children, just like most parents are, but the youngest is not his child… and you just never know until something happens. I’m with your boyfriend on this one. No OVERNIGHT sleeping unless you or his dad is there.

1 Like

I think that is a decision that your current man should decide. Maybe explain that your little one might feel left out but I totally understand. A few hours is one thing but over night is a lot.

Let him go. Hes trying to include him. I think that says a lot about him.

4 Likes

I’d let my kid go. He just wants to have fun with his siblings. If your boyfriend is that persistent then HE needs to tell your son no and why. He can be the bad person since he wants to be a child.

I think that is AMAZING that your ex is willing to include your other child that isn’t his but IS your children’s sibling!!!

1 Like

Let that boy go!! Why would this be an issue. What a selfless thing for your ex to offer for another man’s child to go with his :heart: if you trust him with your kids, this is a no Brainer.

1 Like

My husband always took his ex wife’s younger daughter so she didn’t feel left out. But we all have a great relationship. We do it for the kids.

1 Like

Let him go. Pretty stand up guy for offering, plus who are you robbing? The kid! Let him enjoy his time with his siblings.

3 Likes

I’d let him go with his siblings and tell boyfriend to stop being jealous

2 Likes

Let him go and tell your boyfriend to grow up.

1 Like

I see both views here, you don’t want your 6 year old to miss the experience and all, and I see your husband’s view, that is his child after all and he has a say, all these ladies telling you to just let your 6 year old cannot tell you that , you are coparenting with your husband and he has a say, maybe your ex is a good father to his kids and all but if he has never spent any time with your 6 year old and then the first time he does none of you (you and husband) are going to be there to see how your ex treats your 6 year old … I see your husband’s point… at the end your ex is not your 6 year old dad… you don’t know how he is with other children other than his own… again I see both points of view here.

1 Like

That’s amazing right there let him go just as long as u know he’s treated right this is rare to have :heart: all the best

3 Likes

Yes, he should be able to go. The other dad offered and it sounds like there is a solid relationship. New dad could have some (hidden) feelings on this matter.

1 Like

I think it’s great your ex, and the father of the older 2, wants to include your youngest. So many stories about people intentionally not including kids,this is very nice of him and your boyfriend needs to grow up or have him explain why he can’t go.

2 Likes

Shoot if your ex is offering id let him go

Yes. I absolutely would let the child go. It seems like you have a good co parenting relationship, and its honorable that he wants to include that child as well!

Do your husband and ex have a good relationship? If not, you have to respect his feelings. It’s HIS child. His feelings count too. It’s great the ex is willing to take him but girl, you have to discuss with your husband and respect his boundaries and his reasons why.

2 Likes

my boyfriend takes his oldest daughters sister (not his daughter) every time time he takes his daughter. no matter what. vacations, visits etc. both dads are ok and so is mom. just always worked like that!

Do you trust him with your child, who isn’t his? You already trust him as a father with his children, I’m assuming there’s no reason to not trust him with your third child.

I feel like, since he offered, it’s completely unfair to not let the younger child go. It’d be one thing if the offer was never there, but, clearly your ex is fine with it, and as long as there’s no real reason to fear for your younger son, he should be allowed to go.

2 Likes

The fact that he is wanting to take a child that is not his but is the sibling of his children says alot about your ex. I don’t see a problem with it seeing as you and the ex coparent well and there’s no issues. Maybe have a conversation with your current hubby and explain why you feel it is okay and look at is now the two of you could have a night to yourself with no children?

1 Like

I think it’s fine, I would allow it, based on only what I know. But, you don’t have to live with me.

Your boyfriend may have jealousy, insecurity, about his son liking your ex too much, etc.,and honestly, I can understand that too, but these are his half sibs, he should have a relationship with them.

I would definitely let him go. My oldest siblings have a different dad than I do but I remember going with my sister‘s grandmother a few times and it was really fun. I was happy because I got to be with my Siblings.

1 Like

Let him go not with your ex husband but with HIS brothers. It has nothing to do with the ex. He needs to understand that.

Hell yeah let him go! Bonding time with big brother and another positive roll model in his life!

Yes, I do! My daughter goes with her older brother to visit his dad or grandparents on the farm since she was 5.

2 Likes

As long as the 6 year olds dad approved i don’t see why not. Thats amazing he is including the little one. That’s an amazing dad🥰

3 Likes

I would let him go with his siblings! Why stop him from having a good time a great memories

I dont see a problem with it. My uncle was with a woman and we would take her son and our cousin with us to do a lot of things. We never thought it was fair to take one without the other bc they were siblings.

I say let him go but if your partner really doesn’t want him to go, maybe you three can go do something fun while the older kids are with their dad.

1 Like

My daughter used to go w my husband’s x girlfriend (my stepdaughters mom) all the time for overnights n bday parties or whatever reason. His x n I got along better than he n I did cuz we both knew whata douche he truly is lmfao

1 Like

Oh my gosh let him go. Your ex is a blessing and it would be nice for six year old to be included. Your current boyfriend should think about the child and how it would feel to be left out

3 Likes

Absofreakinlutely let him go. He doesn’t understand why it’s an issue for your boyfriend. He will only understand that he got left out of something important to him and his siblings.

2 Likes

Compromise! Either let him go or if he stays then dad has to step up and go do something outside and fun with his boy! The kid shouldn’t miss out on having a fun time … be it with his siblings or his own dad!

9 Likes

Please let him go. He is a child and doesn’t see the difference! Your boyfriend will get over it!

2 Likes

I’d respect the boyfriend and the three of you do something

And half of you women wouldn’t be all for it if it was his ex wife wanting to take your young child and there was not a great relationship between you and her. Lord knows I wouldn’t.

Let him go. I still prefer my step parents over my actual parents and they are all divorced. My (ex)step father is still a large part of my life. I also have twins siblings that are 15 years younger then I am. My (ex) step dad still invited them all over for holidays and buys the kids stuff. I think its awesome your ex husband wants to include your son. He doesn’t want to let him feel left out. It could possibly be his brothers asked if he could go and he is extending the invite. Your boyfriend needs to get over himself.

It’s possible that your boyfriend is taking issue with because of his own insecurities and not necessarily because he doesn’t want the child to go.
As a mother, he knows that your top priority is your children. Watching you trust and have such a good relationship with your ex may be making him nervous about his position in your life.
If your ex can be trusted and is an amazing father to ALL of the kids and you and him get along so well…his POV may be that, at some point, he won’t be a necessary part of your life.
It would be amazing for the siblings to be able to have this time together and it is AWESOME that your ex is so inclusive and your relationship is solid :100:
It is, however, important to tread lightly in decisions that will make your boyfriend feel that he is being counted out and does not have a say in what goes on with his family.
Ask him what it is about the situation that makes him uncomfortable and reassure him that an insecurities he exposes to you have no foundation and that it is ALL about and for the kids and nothing else.

1 Like

If your boyfriend is not cool with his child going,don’t push it. Tell your younger child to ask his daddy’s permission. If he refuses, let it be on him.

3 Likes