Should we let our 6 year old go out with my ex husband (not his father)?

I think it’s amazing he wants to include him

2 Likes

Thats so awesome id let him go 🤷

I think it would be great for him to get the whole family experience from both sides.

My step daughter siblings are always welcome here. My nieces and nephews step/half siblings as well. At the end of the day it’s about the kids and it’s healthy for them to all be involved and included.

2 Likes

I don’t see a problem! I think it shows great respect for both relationships.

3 Likes

Let him go the child is going with his siblings

1 Like

This is absolutely ideal co-parenting but unfortunately, I think the 6 year olds dad needs to be on board too - especially if he’s your current partner? :disappointed:

1 Like

Definitely let him go, your boyfriend should be happy that your child will be out having fun! If he’s sour over it then he’s immature and making your kid feel left out, it’s not fair.

3 Likes

Heck yeah! My ex did that for my oldest, it was a blessing for both kids to know they could still hang out and have that time with him too.

1 Like

i would let him go thats nice of him to offer

Yes! Let him go! My sister has a huge mixed family with her ex husband and her exes son with his new wife comes and plays. Its the best to see all the kids together and have fun. You will not regret the memories that your child is making with their siblings.

1 Like

Do your older children get to do things with the younger child’s dad? Maybe not theme park adventures but trips to the store or parks etc. I mean I wouldn’t want my little to miss out on the excitement and adventure with siblings. I’m sure your older kids’ dad is great with his own kids. Maybe boyfriend doesn’t want to miss out on his own child’s excitement for this adventure but I’d suck it up and let him go.

I don’t see a problem with it. He knows the children love each other and like doing things together. Besides how often do you and your guy get a chance to be alone overnight?

Maybe you can all go?

1 Like

Let him go and take this time to do something fun with your boyfriend! Everyone wins!

Your boyfriend should be happy your ex husband is mature enough to have a relationship with you and your child from another man.
That’s just 1 extra person to love your son.

8 Likes

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to be comfortable letting him go but bottom line is- don’t create a rift in your own home & your own peace because of it. Stick by what his father is most comfortable with, even if it’s different of your comfort levels. I only say this because I would want the same respect in return.

Or if the boy is old enough 5+ I’d let him choose

Tell him thats his pride talking

1 Like

Please tell us your letting him go. Kids dont see what we do so all they know is its going to be fun n want him included. He deserves to be included. Dad can get over it.

2 Likes

Let him go, nice that the ex included him along with siblings

2 Likes

Let that kid go and you to take a date night problem solved

Let him go. My grandsons mother died when he was two. My sons wife is his mother now. My son and his wife have 2 kids together. My grandsons grandma of his real mom always includes the two younger ones. Nothing wrong if the child wants to go. He will fell left out.

Your bf needs to grow up and figure out life isn’t about him

2 Likes

I’d let him go and tell boyfriend that he’s only trying to be nice so the 6yr old doesn’t feel left out.

1 Like

It’s not your boyfriends choice it’s yours. If you have nothing wrong with it why would you let him persuade you to not let YOUR kid do what they want? He shares nothing but a house with that baby. They’re safe and taken care of with your ex-husband and they get to see kids around their age to play with. Sounds like you bf is jealous and taking it out on a child being able to have fun

3 Likes

He sounds a bit jealous- but I’d still push to let him go.

1 Like

I would let him go and tell your husband or boyfriend that he needs to look at the child’s interest before his own insecurities. Let kiddo go play with the siblings

6 Likes

Sounds like you have a great ex I’d want to let him but you need to respect what the dad says

1 Like

Let that kid go with his siblings. Jesus, is your current boyfriend that self-centered.

4 Likes

My son (now 13) has always been allowed to go visit my Girl’s father and his wife. His wife is actually one of my closest friends. Maybe talk to you SO and find out why it bothers him. Reassure him, no one will ever take his place. Maybe he’s just a little insecure about the whole deal. Praying it works out!

1 Like

So he’d rather put his pride ahead of his child’s happiness is what it’s come down to. If he wants to go with his siblings and he’s safe then there’s no reason not to let him. It’s nice of him to include a child that isn’t his. He’s much more mature than the boyfriend is. Why have a kid feel sad and left out because a guy couldn’t get over his pride and ego? That’s not fair to the child.

2 Likes

Let him go, we always take my stepsons other siblings (from his mom side) with us or they stay the night. My stepson has siblings from his mom side and then siblings from his dad and I and they love when they are all together! They know no difference all they know is we’re one big family! In the end they will love and appreciate you for it

1 Like

Wow. Poor kid. If the ex is a good guy and great father and you trust him…:woman_shrugging:t4: can the bf afford to take his child? I think this is more a pride issue

1 Like

If you guys have a good Relationship I would not see a problem with it at all. At the end of the day they’re all siblings. If their dad is gracious enough to invite your other child why not?

1 Like

I don’t see an issue and it’s nice your ex included the younger sibling. The little one will be with you other kids having fun…

1 Like

When I was a kid, my dad married a woman with a daughter from her previous marriage. One birthday he was taking his daughter on a mini vacation, and had offered to take me with them. My dad didn’t mind at all, and let me go. We had a blast, her dad ended up paying for my whole vacation, food, bought me some shoes, and bathing suits, whatever I wanted, just the same as his daughter. If there’s no danger, or threat, why not!

1 Like

100% let the child go. Don’t let the child suffer because your boyfriend is insecure.

1 Like

Your ex is being a bigger man than your bf is. :woman_facepalming:t2: Why deny the kid the opportunity to have fun with his siblings just cuz he wants to be petty?

1 Like

My ex of my oldest (now back together after 13yrs and engaged) would take my other 2 kiddos with on weekends when they started getting older and would get upset their brother was leaving. And even the grandmother to my ex now fiance would take them to the river house on weekends. My family has always included his kids, as his has mine. I’d let him go. At that age they don’t see a difference or know why they can’t go or what ever the situation may be, that they are only wanting time with their siblings and create memories. Could be a good break from kiddos and spend some quality time with your boyfriend

2 Likes

Let that baby go with his siblings! It’s not about the best interest in the bf, it’s about the children

2 Likes

Is his child so there is nothing much you can do than to beg him and make him understand why he need to go

2 Likes

Wow I’m going to have to disagree with all the comments above me. It is NOT just your choice it is your boyfriends choice as well considering he is the father! I may not agree with it, personally I wouldn’t have a problem with him going, BUT HE IS THE DAD, and if he’s not comfortable with it, you shouldn’t push it! He is your partner and his feelings are valid. Sorry :woman_shrugging:t3: I’m on dads side with this one.

4 Likes

Your x has shown maturity by including his childrens sibling knowing when they come back they will have a stronger bond as they will be able to speak together about the same thing.
Your boyfriend need to look at it as a child.

3 Likes

Why would you want to punish a six year old because you can’t be an adult? That’s disgusting. So basically what your saying is your boyfriend can’t put his feelings aside for 1 night for his son to spend a fun night with his siblings? Does it matter who they are with? If it were a friend offering to take them all would he feel differently? He sounds like a gross human and should be your next ex!

7 Likes

Your current bf is being selfish. He’s clearly holding a grudge bc of the ex. He needs to realize it’s about the 6 yo and his siblings spending time together and the ex is obviously more mature and understands that

7 Likes

I think it’s fantastic that he is including her in activity’s that he has planned with his kids …not many guys will do that …let her go …the other two kids getting to go and do fun things without her can / will cause hard feeling and she won’t understand why she can’t go and it will cause her to start being resentful and start misbehaving.please let her go

4 Likes

Personally I think it’s super sweet that your ex offered but if the father of your child has an issue, then out of respect for him, I wouldn’t send him. Your child is old enough to understand that his siblings are going with their dad and that’s not his dad so he doesn’t get to go. Hopefully you and your BF can plan a family vacation and include all 3 of your children at some point.

2 Likes

If your ex is a good dude, you trust him, he’s good with the kids, all that, I say let him take your son. Sounds like a pride issue with the bf

5 Likes

Sounds like your current man needs to learn how to co-parent. Its nice of your ex to include the other kiddo.

4 Likes

My girls have two different dads. I got lucky because each dad treated the other child like their own. They would both take both girls on summer vacations or just for the weekend. My girls got to do a lot of things together because of this. I say let the 6-year-old go with his siblings.

6 Likes

You know that saying “pick your battles.” Well…this is the one worth having. Your bf has zero good reason not to let your son go. If this was a family friend or family member on your side, would he be balking? If yes, he’s got control issues, if no, then point made. He’s needs to get out of his feelings on this. This isn’t about him. It’s about the child and what’s best for him. How awesome that your ex is willing to create a welcoming environment for all your children to spend time together and make such fun memories. This is a super fun experience that being the odd one left out of the fun could feel hurtful, so that’s super cool of your ex and what all blended families should strive to accomplish when trying to raise well adjusted children.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to reading comprehension?? The BOYFRIEND IS THE FATHER OF THE 6 YEAR OLD CHILD, for crying out loud. That being said, I would have no choice but to respect his wishes, firstly because he is the child’s father, and also because he is my boyfriend. I can absolutely see his position. I would just try to do something special with the 6 year-old and my boyfriend. Sometimes you just have to tell kids no. They don’t have to like it one bit.

1 Like

Not an issue at all! That’s called adulting! When any parent can take an ex’s other children not there’s, its a good gesture. Maybe your boyfriend should try it.

3 Likes

My ex of my oldest 2 kids who are 8 and 10 takes my 7 year old from time to time to make sure hes included with his siblings too. We get along fine with some spiffs here and there but I trust him and he always has fun going with his siblings. I dont see an issue as long as everyone is happy and trustworthy. Its healthy for the kids relationship with each other. It’s not always about us

1 Like

Your bf is not allowing him to go because he wants to control the situation that how fathers can be they will say no just to say no

1 Like

I think it’s amazing that your ex husband wants to take your 6 year old! I wouldn’t have an issue with it personally BUT would respect my current spouse/child’s father if he’s 100% against the child going. If you two don’t and can’t agree it will possibly lead to future arguments if you can’t get on the same page….

Just weigh the pros and cons….

I’d have a hard time not letting my 6 year old go :sweat:

1 Like

Let him go too your bf can get over it. Let him go and spend time with his siblings your ex offered take him up on the offer. Tell your bf you guys can spend time together. Or if anything tell your son you can do something special just for him, take him to an aquarium, or the zoo, an amusement park, something fun.

1 Like

I just want to give kudos for having such a great co-parenting relationship. Your current boyfriend needs to understand that family is family. And why would he want to disadvantage his son on missing out on a great time with his siblings

1 Like

The boyfriend must have problems …This is an outing with siblings let that child go have fun…whats the problem I don’t see one…

4 Likes

uhh ya fuck ur boyfriend

Please let that boy go! My husbands ex, whom we share 50/50 custody with) takes my boys for sleepovers, events, and has recently wanted my older boy to go on vacation with her. (The other one is too little) my boys love her! I think it’s great for the kids to be able to be apart of their siblings other family. The ex comes to holidays as well! We are such good friends! It’s not about your bf (especially if this is a jealousy issue) Your kids can’t be loved by too many people! It’s healthy and he will love it! :heart:

2 Likes

Ummm … well if the kid ain’t the exes and the kids dad says no … then why is it an issue? Like I get that the kid wants to go but the father said no and that’s that. He obviously has boundary issues you have crossed. Co-parenting is nice and all. And the fact the kids all get along is good. But in the end they have different dads. So there are things the older 2 will do that the youngest won’t.

1 Like

I would let him. He would have fun and if you ex husband is willing to include him I would
Be all for it.

2 Likes

I would allow it. If you’re able to co-parent for your children together and he is willing to include your child because it is his children’s siblings then why not? I guess the question would be why does your boyfriend feel so strongly about not letting the child go? Jealousy?

1 Like

Let that child go!!! Your boyfriend needs to not hinder your son from having experiences in life with his siblings. He was offered a chance to go and I heard NOTHING about the ex treating the child bad so I don’t see the harm.

3 Likes

Let him go! My kids are 4 years apart different dad and I used to be weird about it. But same situation my ex husband and I drifted apart when our son was 2 but he stepped up when my younger sons dad wouldn’t. (We have since split as well) And this year our son together turned 13 and my husband (no kids together) and ex husband all got together with combined friends and family and went on a huge camping trip to celebrate it was great.

1 Like

Does the ex treat the kids differently? Is he good to the shared children? Is there a valid reason for the 6yr olds father to doubt his child’s well being or safety? I ask b/c if there isn’t I think a conversation should be had with your current SO. If there’s no valid reason for the youngest to not go the. Why should they?

2 Likes

You let that child go because he is safe and his siblings are going, too. I would allow my youngest to go with my oldest son’s father and his big brother anytime. No reason not to if he is invited and will be well looked after.

1 Like

I would let him go. I don’t see the issue he’s going with his siblings, he wants to go. If you trust him with your son I don’t see why not

4 Likes

I would find out why my boyfriend has an issue with it…he might have a good reason as to why he doesn’t feel comfortable with it. He is the child’s father and has a say in this. If he doesn’t feel comfortable then plan a day where you can take him and his other siblings to do something similar with you all. I think it is very considerate for the ex to invite him and let him have those experiences with his siblings, something you two should talk out and try to make the best decision.

2 Likes

So if a friend of the 6 year old invited him would it be a problem? No? Didn’t think so. It’s honestly such a sweet gesture and maybe ex wants to extend that olive branch to have a very successful coparenting with new partners it’s amazing when everyone can get along the more support for all the kids the better it is.

11 Likes

He’s just trying to be inclusive. Nothing wrong with that at all. Your boyfriend should respect that.

5 Likes

I think it’s amazing that your kids dad wants to take their sibling with them. Instead of going at the conversation in a black and white manner, ask him why he doesn’t like it and listen, don’t judge. He may feel bad that he can’t take his kid to do things like that, or he wants to be there for the first “big” trip the 6yo takes. I think a mistake was made in mentioning going to the 6yo before everyone was on board, and he may be feeling strong armed into letting him go and that’s causing backlash.

4 Likes

I’d let him go. I used to watch my daughters half sibling for her dad and stepmom and they took my other children if I needed help. It much easier on all involved when you get along so well.

5 Likes

My daughter goes with her brother and dad. My husband knows my ex and trusts him. As long as the child is safe and treats your kids great, I would let him go.

3 Likes

I’d say yes. And have some days as a couple

5 Likes

The father to my oldest 3 includes my youngest on quite a bit even invites her to come on there weekends sometimes. My youngest has never met her donor his choice so my ex let’s her tag along with her siblings when he can nothing weird about it.

2 Likes

I would let the 6 y.o go.

3 Likes

Not letting him is jealousy if he is fit

4 Likes

I would sit down and have a talk with boyfriend. Just ask him to see your sons point of view and how excited he would be. Also maybe plan with him a romantic time together while all the kids are gone.

5 Likes

Absolutely let him go!! :heart:

1 Like

The kid should be aloud to go if you trust your ex with the oldest 2 and there is a healthy coparent relationship then the 6yr old should go. All the siblings should be aloud to share that memory.

3 Likes

Nothing better or healthier for a child to be loved and cared for by both “dads” as it shows love and respect for their mother.

10 Likes

Ask your boyfriend to give you a good reason why he isn’t allowed. That doesn’t include his own selfish personal views. He’s around or lives with children that aren’t his. Why can’t all the kids just have a good time together for one day? I would definitely have a sit down conversation about this. Maybe use the time as a date night while all the kids are out.

4 Likes

I would let him go as long as everyone is on board with it. Maybe all three adults sit down and talk about it.

2 Likes

I would let him go. My oldest goes to his dads every other weekend and my youngests dad isn’t in the picture at all. My oldests dad has offered to start taking my youngest on the weekends my oldest goes. I was skeptical at first. But they all l or being together. And my ex treats him like his own. So I said y not. I know my youngest loves to b able to get away for a couple days with his brother

1 Like

So wrong to deprive the child Bc adults are 57)(6)

1 Like

My boyfriends ex wife watches my kids sometimes… :woman_shrugging:t3: she offers to take them to do stuff sometimes and our kids aren’t even close in age. Is it weird… whatever :joy: my kids love her and she treats them awesome! Let your son go! Life of a blended family. Might as well all get along.

3 Likes

I think that is such an amazing offer! Blimey I can only wish things were like that with me and my sons dad. Let your little ones go together and share some memories together. And enjoy some time to yourselves!

2 Likes

Let him go! That’s amazing that he offered

I’d say yes. Because that’s with his siblings. Your boyfriend needs to stop being jealous what it sounds like and selfish. It was very considerate of your ex to try to include their sibling that isnt his on going with them… Your boyfriend needs to grow up. Let your kid go and let your child friend be mad :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

If you trust him and the older kids can look out for him to. Don’t see an issue. You boyfriend needs to quit looking at it that y’all used to be together bc that has nothing to do with him offering to take him to. He will have so much fun with his siblings.it shouldn’t be about anything else but that plus y’all can get some alone time as a bonus😁

2 Likes

Boyfriend smoyfriend kids cone first…he needs to step back n let you make that decision period.

1 Like

Let the kid go. Family bonds are important and if your ex is willing to strengthen their sibling bond let them

1 Like

You should let her go. It’s super rare that an ex would offer this. He is a true coparent. Children don’t understand things like we do. All she see is her siblings going without her and that she didn’t something wrong to be left out. You should make a huge date night with hubby to distract him and take advantage

1 Like

Wether you agree with it or not, he’s spoken up and said it makes him uncomfortable.

Now if he made a decision for your son you’d said made you uncomfortable would you be ok with it? That’s really the question because that’s the door you’d be opening sending him despite his father’s protests.

If you are ok with that, I’d say send him but understand that it’s going to create issues.

It’s very easy to feel like “oh that’s dumb he’s being insecure” but if the situation were reversed the advice would likely be “you are mom and said no, it’s no”.

I think it’s always important to try and sit down and talk about the why. It’ll always be important to have open communication, it’s always important to remember what is silly to one person isn’t to another. Talk it through but understand that if you send him without approval it’s opening the door to not having to have you both on the same side for parenting decisions and that might come back to cause issues later when you are the parent who doesn’t want something to happen.

Your boyfriend has a right to decide too. Your gona do what you want, but realize that it agreeing works both ways. If he says no it should be no.

Let him go!!! What would the reason not to be? Is he safe? Will he have fun? I know other people that have a similar situation and it works out great. Good luck!

4 Likes

If kiddo’s dad has a problem with him going. Talk to him and ask what his concerns are. If he still doesn’t budge. Then the kiddo doesn’t need to go. Out of respect for his dad’s opinion.