Should we let our 6 year old go out with my ex husband (not his father)?

Very generous of him to offer. Let him go.

1 Like

Yes! Some people are just that kind!

My mom always included my sister when we did things. She practically raised her for the first year of her life because my step mom was very sick. My sister was a preemie on a heart monitor and my mom was the only person my step mom trusted with her.

3 Likes

Let them go! Don’t take away a fun experience with their siblings. That’s how you make jealousy & hurt feelings. Plus it’s amazing that your ex is including them!

1 Like

My brother in law used to take his ex wives other kids when he took his son to activities and sometimes just visits. Their dad was fine with it and everyone got along really well, for the kids sake.

1 Like

Let him
go! I let me youngest go with my daughter dad when he’s invited along. It does feel weird at first, but it sends a good message to the kids and really helps their sibling bond as well

2 Likes

Let him go too.
It’s not like your ex is trying to be his parent.
He just doesn’t want him to be excluded from the other kids.
The ex sounds like a good guy.

I’d let him go. My husband and I have a mine, a yours and an ours. My daughter sees her dad every other weekend and in the past my daughter’s dad has taken my husband’s daughter on weekends they have something fun planned. There was even a day recently he picked up my daughter to go to the arcade and took my step daughter with. My husband hasn’t had any issues with it at all.

1 Like

If he don’t let that child go enjoy time with his siblings he’s a whole asshole. He needs to swallow his pride n get over himself.

Let him go. Your boyfriend should be able to see past his jealousy. He should want his son to have that experience.

2 Likes

I hope your bf comes to his senses. Your son might resent that decision and feel left out as his siblings probably leave a lot while he stays home.

2 Likes

A child can never have too much love and healthy relationships

1 Like

I wouldn’t see why not. I mean may not be his bio dad. But he looked up to him. As one. And still wants to keep that bond with him.

1 Like

Girl, you don’t find men like that often. Let that baby go, and explain it to the new boyfriend. Keeping him home is selfish.

3 Likes

Just what is the issue??? \

1 Like

Just think of it as a friend trip…it is unfair his brothers get to go…he does not understand the whole ex thing

1 Like

I used to take my ex’s son with us all the time. He may not be my son but he is the boys’ little brother. Let him go and tell the bf to man up.

1 Like

I’d let him go. I don’t see the issue at all.

1 Like

I use to go to my sisters fathers (not my father) house all the time when she went. I had some of the best times with them, it was nice not to feel left out as my own father wasn’t in the picture. I think it’s pretty great that he wants to include all the children.

1 Like

Unless the bf is planning to take the 6 yr old to a great wolf lodge then he should let the child go. The gender of the kids does matter tho like if ur six year old is a girl and the older two are boys I would understand the bf saying no

I don’t think this is an issue at all. Maybe suggest, if all parties are good with each other, your bf go as well. Could be a great coparenting time

1 Like

Its great that he offered and I would definitely let him go. theres really no reason not to, you trust him and he will be spending great bonding time with his siblings at a really fun place. It would be sad for him to miss it because his dad is jelous

1 Like

Why is this even a question? Is it in good faith? Is it beneficial for the child in question? Is there a question of active harm or damage to the child in question? If the answers are yes yes no then let him go. It’s crap your boyfriend is being snotty about this.

Let him go!!! Why separate the kids. If everyone gets along what’s the big deal. The boyfriend should be happy that there are no issues you guys will be a family for a very long time whether he likes it or not. Sounds like the boyfriend needs to grow up a bit & let the kids have fun!

2 Likes

Let him go.
When we go do anything super fun with myson and step son we take stepsons younger brother with us to.

2 Likes

I say let the youngest go also. I know it makes his father uncomfortable, but explain to him that he has the other 2 all the time and it’s not the youngest child’s fault and he/she shouldn’t be excluded just because he or she has a different father. If the ex wants to spend time with all the kids and has a great heart. Then be thankful he is being kind and accept it for what it is and have a date night or weekend together u and your bf. Take it as a blessing and enjoy the time alone.

1 Like

Let him go. He will feel left out and maybe bitter if his older siblings get to go and not him. It’s wonderful that the ex doesn’t want him to feel left out.

If your ex is responsible space and trustworthy,I think it would be alright.
I think it was nice to ask your boyfriend child to come with them since they all get along.
I’m sure they would all have a great time.
Plus it would help for you guys to be alone for awhile.

2 Likes

Is it jealousy…? I would be all for it if he is a responsible person, a great dad. Why not? Enjoy the break from your youngest, and get some time together

1 Like

I wouldn’t allow it. If my husband was uncomfortable it wouldn’t happen. Why don’t you do something fun with your 6 year old!

Boyfriends kid not your ex’s boyfriend has the right to say no after all ex isn’t the daddy …older siblings or not just tell the little guy not this time

I don’t see an issue with it, however if his father doesn’t want him to go then unfortunately you have to respect his wishes

If he’s good with him and there’s no reason to be unsure then why not ? At least he’s treating him like his own :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I think it’s great!!! Y’all seem to be doing such an awesome job with the kiddos. I’m sure your boyfriend has issues with it for other reasons than trust. He just might be hurt his son wants to spend time with a guy that’s not him. This isn’t about the adults this is about the kids so I hope your boyfriend comes around!!!

10 Likes

My ex takes our daughter and my two kids I have with my husband. They love going with him and their sister.

2 Likes

I say let the kid go Hes going with his other cycling’s and wants to have fun too if anything I have to give your ex credit for wanting to include all of the kids hun

3 Likes

It would be unfair for the six year old because your bf is jealous. It would be in everyone’s best interest for your bf to try to be friends with your ex. That is one of the best things I did for my family. My husband’s is is also my friend and one of the few people I trust my kids with.

1 Like

Tell him to stop being insecure. At the end of the day you are all a family whether he likes it or not. He should be able to go and enjoy the time with his siblings. One of my step children is my husbands biological daughters older sister. She is,was, and always will be treated the same as the rest of our children. To not allow him to be included will only cause confusion and hurt to your little one.

1 Like

As soon as I read this I was like what an awesome co-parenting relationship they have and what respect there is for the blended family. I agree with the majority of the comments that your younger should be able to have a blast with his siblings but you need tonwork through the issues your boyfriend is having.

My ex and I share a daughter, and in addition both have sons around the same age (4 months apart) all the kids do things together frequently… Including sleepovers and trips. I would let the younger brother go so he doesnt feel left out.

Let him go!! It’s so nice when siblings are included. I think your ex sounds awsume and your new man sounds immature.

I could only dream of such a healthy co parenting situation, shit.

Let him go. He’s with other “siblings”.

It’s a good idea if he goes because his siblings are going… don’t exclude him the young one will feel like he isn’t equally loved. I’m sure that’s how your ex husband see it. He doesn’t want to leave him out even if he isn’t his child but he is his sons half brother

It just shows me that you ex is a very nice person&doesnt want the 6yr old to be left out of the fun. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him going. If he doesn’t get to go,just bc your bf doesn’t think he should. It would be unfair to the child. The child would be the only one hurt in the situation

1 Like

I think you should definitely let your child go! That’s amazing co parenting!

1 Like

Amazing of the ex to include him. I’d let him go.

1 Like

Tell him to shut him pie hole and think of the break

I, personally, see no issue with it but at the same time I can understand wanting to keep the peace. Maybe you and your boyfriend could do something special with your youngest that weekend, if your bf is really adamant about not allowing your youngest to go.
My ex and I have a very good coparenting relationship. He was a huge part of my oldest daughters life and has remained as such. Her children call him grandpa, they spend holidays with him and his family. I understand your situation is different as your ex wasn’t your youngest child’s stepfather but he’s accepting him as his children’s brother and wants him to feel included. I think that’s awesome.

1 Like

I say let thw kid go. My older sisters have a different dad than I do and whenever he took them I was always invited. My dad seen nothing wrong with it and let me go. I would spend weekends there sometimes. Even went to amusement parks with them. They made him my god father.

If there has been no drama and co-parenting has worked great whats the issue?

3 Likes

Thats actually awesome. The lil one won’t feel left out and I agree with everyone saying let him go, from ny understanding the 6 yr old is both of yours, ie you get a say, but so does he so its a bit… complicated… it does sound like a jealousy thing tbh or just hes uncomfortable, in this particular case all you can really do is explain the pros and why it would be awesome for him and mayb dive deeper to WHY he’s got an issue with it. (I’d say just veto it but thats not really fair to your bf, its his kid too and if my hubby did that to me and negated my feelings I’d lose my shit XD so)

There is a bit of information missing, how is the relationship between the bf and ex?

That is awesome that you and your ex get along well and that his heart is big enough to include your 6 yr old. You need to find out if your BF has a legitimate reason for not wanting his son to go. Is there a reason for him to be concerned or why he is saying no? Being jealous is not a good reason if that is the only issue. Separating the kids, drawing a line is creating a boundary between siblings.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with the kid going, but it’s not my kid.
Maybe ask your boyfriend to take u and the little some where over night too.

Baby, he’s being insecure. I bet there’s a bit more info we don’t have but it seems like you have an awesome coparent (I’m hella jealous) and you’re boyfriend is just worried about his baby. That’s normal. I feel like you just need to sit him down and explain blended families to him gently. Not letting the little one go could cause tension between the kids or with the little one and you guys as parents. I am all for this. My kids dad takes his other (younger) daughter and his gfs kid to all kinds of things and my kids are left feeling like they’re not good enough and that is the most heart breaking thing to explain. I’m not in a position to do those type of things bc, of course, dad can’t afford child support but really don’t want you or your kids to ever experience those feelings.

Let him go… Be happy that he wants to treat ur bf son along with yalls… Hes not asking tk have him.call him dad he simply offered to take him on an overnight with the other kids.

Your current bf needs to realize that he’s just making your youngest son feel excluded and he’s keeping him from doing something he’s excited about. This isn’t about him, it’s about your son and if your ex is being gracious enough to want to include him, then he needs to be appreciative and stop being immature about it.

14 Likes

Yes. Absolutely let him go.

1 Like

Let him go. No child ever suffered from too much love.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with him going at all

1 Like

Your ex husband sounds like an amazing man

1 Like

Let him go have a good time with his siblings… I think if your ex… Is including him that’s wonderful…he is accepting of the situation…and the dad needs to realize this is a good thing… Not a bad thing…

3 Likes

Yes let that baby go!!!

1 Like

Let him go! How co parenting should be done!!

3 Likes

I think that is an awesome idea to include him. What a nice guy of your ex to want to not make him feel excluded. I’d tell your current BF it’s important to not make him feel different than the others, it should outweigh his need to feel superior to the ex.

3 Likes

A mature adult would think of the child not his ego. This world is full of enough hate. I hope ur boyfriend is mature enough to see that

1 Like

Blended families can be a good thing❤️

3 Likes

My little sister always tagged along when we went to my dads; especially on vacations.

Bro that’s family regardless. Hes just a child and wants to feel included. If you can trust ex with other kids regardless of being his or not you can trust him taking lil man too. You said it yourself he’s not a bad guy. Sounds like current hubby thinks his lil man might like ex daddy better lol dudes can be jealous too. Way more than women and over some weird shit lol. I’d ask him if that’s the issue and act accordingly cus if there’s not a valid argument as to why he doesn’t want lil man to have fun then send him with his brothers and tell your hubby to get over it. He’s not gonna lose out on anything by letting the boy go and have an amazing time with his older brothers.

I don’t see the problem. It’s for the kids. If you trust him then go for it. It’s not like he asked YOU and your son to go and exclude the bf. This is about the kids.

I think more people need to be like your ex and invite all the children instead of only their own on fun things like this. This is big he’s considering the feelings of a child that’s not his. He should most certainly go with his siblings and enjoy himself like them instead of staying home upset that he was told he couldn’t go even though he was invited and the other kids can.

6 Likes

Boyfriend needs to learn some security in his position and let his child have some fun :roll_eyes:

Let that boy go and tell your boyfriend to be glad he chose to invite him so he didnt have to miss out on doing the things his siblings are doing!! Your ex sounds like an amazing man bc most would be like “that ain’t my kid I ain’t taken that kid nowhere ge ain’t my responsibility” but no he is being a mature adult and sympathizing with the kid on him feeling like but why do they get to go and not me!! Your boyfriend sounds like he needs to grow up

1 Like

Lt him go. He may resent you later…from experience …

Ask your bf is the roles were reversed would he leave out the younger siblings because he wasn’t his? Would he be cool with taking him? My guess would be that he would take him

Your boyfriend seems very insecure about his child. He’s scared that his kid might like your ex more than him. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

I mean let the child go.

1 Like

I really hope your boyfriend reconsiders here!

This is such a great representation of a healthy blended family and your kids deserve for that to continue!

4 Likes

I say go! And hooray for your ex being a good guy.

No problem! Tell the boyfriend it’s for the kids and you two can do something special together while they’re gone!

1 Like

If he is a safe, reliable man and a good father to his children…Then why wouldn’t you want that? Your six year old is being included in the plans of his siblings, I think that’s amazing. Not too many people have that luxury.

You bf needs to grow up and realize it’s not about his feelings it’s about the children. And how awful would it be for the 6yr old to be left out.

1 Like

Let him go it will hurt him more that he has the chance to go and spend time with his brothers and sisters makeing memories that will last a life time and to find out your the one that said no would prolly crush him no need to make him feel outcasted

Your ex seems lovely!. Id keep my foot down and insist your child goes.

1 Like

I’m the only child from my parents. Both of my parents are great about taking my siblings from the other parent, even step children if we travel. The offer was extended. It’s a great opportunity for him and for you to have a break from all the kids to do something as a couple. He should definitely go.

My little ones Father, bless his soul was very insecure and wouldn’t have ever okayed our daughter going with my ex, even though she always, always wanted to.

Since his passing, I have let my ex take my daughter and I do not need regret or question that decision at all. Having time with her sister is so important. She is 5 1/2 and our daughter is 15 1/2. My ex loves her and protects her just like he does our daughter.

1 Like

Let him go it gives you snd your husband some alone time too which could never hurt!

Let them go. My kid has siblings on his dad side and when I went to take my son out his brother wanted to come and I’ve known them since he was 3 he’s 11 now and so I told him yea because he’s still my baby but his dad thought it was weird but I’m like it’s not weird I’ve known him 6yrs so I took them both.

Because They’re so close in age I think it would be okay . But I would still consider the dad’s feelings about this and not ignore them. It would only cause problems if you did.

Absolutely let him go!

Let him go. You obviously know he’s a good parent with your other 2, they will remember this when they’re older and be thankful. It is a huge demonstration of positive co parenting :+1::raised_hands:

Be happy he’s included!! Clearly your ex would never let anything happen to any of your kids! Why not! So if that’s how ur bf is then he shouldn’t get to include your older kids when he doestuff the the 6 yr ok its the same concept

You’re ex is just trying to make your little one included with his big siblings, which is really just so awesome and amazing!
Maybe it makes your current bf feel a little threatened, but I dont believe he should feel that way… maybe try to talk and see why he doesnt feel like the little one should go? There is an underlying reason he feels that way. And it could just be his own issues that make him feel like saying no. He may just need help in understanding how someone that is not the parent of the child could want to take some one elses child with them. Bc let’s be honest, that is definitely not the norm. But HUGE kudos to your ex!

1 Like

I say that the six year old should be able to family stuff with his siblings and since the ex invited him not forced to take him your boyfriend should not have a problem unless he is the type to not include your other to kids because they aren’t his on family vacation.

My sister her ex and her child with new hubby do this all the time. No issues one big happy family works well x

1 Like

Awe let him go!! That’s great. My Dad used to include my half sister when he was around. :heart::heart: sounds like they would all have a blast.

1 Like

Wtf let the kid go with his siblings that is not fair they can go but he can’t Def if he offered to take him the father can put his stupid pride away and let the kids have fun
My daughter’s father hadn’t seen her since she was 3 months snd I wish my son’s father snd his gf would take my daughter more

1 Like

My husband and I have an 8 yr old. My ex and I have 18,19,20 yr olds. They bring their little sister with them to family parties at the ex husbands house, she has sleep overs with my ex husband’s younger kids with his new wife. We all just get a long and we are comfortable with it. With that being said, if my current husband was uncomfortable with it I wouldn’t allow it. He is his son as well and he has a say but I would talk with him and try to understand why it bothers him then go from there.

Let him go, he will be with his siblings after all. It seems like your ex understands that it’s not fair to leave the youngest out because he’s not his child. Tell your bf to stop being a baby about it and let the little guy go have fun with his siblings.

1 Like

If you all get along and he offered I would let him but his dad has to agree. It’s his kid too. I wouldn’t go behind my childs dads back and send our child with my ex without both knowing and agreeing. Just talk with your boyfriend about why he doesn’t want him to go and maybe help him realize he is in good hands. He also has his older siblings with him.

He should be able to go with them. My older sons father always involves my youngest even if that’s not his child. Even is willing to take my LO on his brothers weekend at dads so I can have a break.

Your man needs to put on his big boy drawls and let the boy go with his siblings.

A child can never have too many people who love them, want to include them, who work to strengthen family bonds. Let him go.

5 Likes

I would let him go. It would be different if he wasn’t good to your kids