Should you buy someone beer if you are pregnant?

If you were pregnant would you buy your husband/boyfriend/fiancé alcohol? My fiancé asked me to pick him up some beer while I was out and I told him I felt uncomfortable doing that because I’m pregnant. He thought I was overreacting and claimed anyone else would do it. I don’t like how it looks on me to walk into the local grocery store with a baby growing in me to buy alcohol. Am I just overreacting??

467 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should you buy someone beer if you are pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

I bought my husband beer when i was pregnant

I buy my fiancé cigarettes while pregnant

1 Like

I bought my husband beer when I was pregnant.

I bought it for my husband while pregnant.

I took my husband brewery hopping and I was his DD. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: sensitive much :rofl:

9 Likes

I bought mine beer and whisky while pregnant.

I think it is perfectly OK. You’re not home downing beers. Who cares what others think.

1 Like

Think it’s fine as a drink is fine while pregnant, from what I read. But you could always nonchalantly tell the cashier or whatever it’s for your bf

I bought beer when I was pregnant.

It’s nobody else business if you’re buying beer. As long as they don’t see you drinking it :laughing:. I think your safe.

2 Likes

I don’t buy my husband alcohol period because alcohol isn’t welcome in my house lol (I was raised by an alcoholic.) but it’s really no one’s business why your buying it or who your buying it for as long as your husband is over 21. So I wouldn’t see a problem with it.

1 Like

I bought it for my husband

yeah… but i don’t care what people think.

I’m currently pregnant and buy my husband beer all the time. I also have never gave a shit what anyone thinks of me so :woman_shrugging::rofl:

1 Like

Honestly I can’t say that I would do it. I’d tell him to get it himself :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Hell I went to a bar with mine while I was VERY pegnant!

1 Like

I would go to the store and buy everclear and cigarettes while I was pregnant for my boyfriend. No one knows what you’re doing with it, it would be a problem for me if they started harassing me about it at the store. But no one never did

I bought my daughters dad beer and cigarettes on multiple occasions while pregnant…I even went to the bar with him and his friends for his birthday and just obviously didn’t drink.
It’s no one else’s business what you’re doing anyway

You’re overreacting. I’m also pregnant and wouldn’t hesitate to buy for my boyfriend lol. Who gives a fuck if the clerk or other customers think it’s for you, you know you’re not drinking it and you’ll probably never see them again.

Lmfao… if you really still worry about the judgements of others you’ll never make it thru your child’s first year!

8 Likes

I dont see why not :woman_shrugging:t2:

Just buy it :joy: As long as you’re not chugging it in the aisle there’s no reason why not. If it’s that big of a deal tell him to buy it himself.

I was pregnant when I turned 21, first thing grandma told me to do was go grab her her Canadian whiskey for her morning coffee. Felt weird but i knew i wasnt drinking it…no one elses business.

1 Like

I bought my mother a six pack when pregnant. Yes it’s fine unless some reason you are uncomfortable with it.

I would, I’d just clarify it’s for him if someone gives you a strange look

You are thinking WAY to into this :joy::joy: my husband doesn’t drink but I would if he asked me too

3 Likes

Why can’t he get his own ?

I’m pregnant and I’m the one that does the grocery shopping so….

I could see how it would seem weird, but if you are visibly pregnant, most cashiers/people at the store are going to assume it is not for you.

1 Like

Way over reacting…never heard of such a thing.

2 Likes

I chose not to as well. My husband was not much of a drinker though so it was not an ongoing thing…

I always picked up my husband’s crown royal never even thought about it, then again idgaf what people think of me lol

1 Like

When I was 8 months pregnant and huge I went to the gas station to buy the beer for the bonfire … 6 30 packs, 4 6 packs, bottles of liquor and mixer. Only thing people said was do you need help with all that? But I also live in Wisconsin :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thats such a weird thing to be worried about. Lol. Who cares. You know you arent drinking and thats all that matters.

1 Like

Can’t say I’d think twice if I saw a pregnant woman buying beer. None of my business.

done it many times for hubby and wine for friends etc

I would grab my husband beer and cigarettes lol if someone gave me a weird look I would just say it was for the other half that made this. Then point to my belly and then leave it at that

Who cares what other people think

1 Like

I was the same way when I was pregnant :woman_shrugging:t3: the only way I would do it is through drive thru ones other than that I asked that he did it for himself for the remainder of the pregnancy.

I did. Definitely got judged but who cares… it’s just by a stranger that I’ll never see again.

I used to go in and buy my husband his beer all the time when I was pregnant. Might get some weird looks but at the end of the day I wasn’t drinking it and their wrong assumption that I was drinking it was incorrect anyways so it didn’t bother me :grin:

Personally who cares what the people at the grocery store think. You know you aren’t chugging or drinking beer so it doesn’t matter :woman_shrugging:t2: I go into the liquor store pregnant but to each their own, I bought a beer and a coke at an even the other night pregnant he got the beer I got the coke. If they wanna assume it’s on them.

I don’t buy my husbands alcohol but that’s cause I’m an alcoholic not pregnant. But I could totally see being worried about getting weird looks. Most reasonable people would probably realize it’s for someone else

As long as you’re not drinking it I don’t see the problem :woman_shrugging: nobody’s business either way lol

2 Likes

Nope. I wouldn’t either.

I’ve done it. I got weird looks, but big deal.

Definitely think you’re over reacting x

2 Likes

I felt this same way when I was buying a 5th of whiskey as a birthday gift for someone while 8 months pregnant :rofl:

Yes. You’re overreacting. I went to the liquor store with my husband many times when I was obviously pregnant. Who cares what anyone thinks?

1 Like

Overreacting. Buy the beer.

4 Likes

I did. Definitely didn’t care about what others thought.

1 Like

I did it all the time. Whether your drinking it or not is no one’s business.

Def gonna get you some dirty looks

I’m confused, why would people assume it’s for you? I’ve bought beer, wine, and liquor while pregnant. Just because you’re buying it doesn’t mean you’re the one drinking it.

I wouldn’t do it either🤷🏻‍♀️

I used to buy my fiancés beer while I was pregnant, but I also worked where I was buying it so they knew I wasn’t drinking it. They all knew I hated the taste of beer to begin with :joy:

Yes u r over reacting. Shoot I went to bar as a DD when I was pregnant and went up to the bar and ordered my husband a beer just because u r buying it doesn’t mean ur one drinkn it

Nothing wrong with it, your not drinking it, who cares what ppl think. That’s the problem ppl care what other’s think , screw what they think, they ain’t buying it. Not a big issue at all!

I did it :woman_shrugging: said it was for my husband

Who cares what random people at the store think?? They should mind their business!! :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

I had those thoughts too but ultimately have done it. People should understand you purchasing for your hubby. And studies show a glass of whine now and then doesn’t hurt the baby so you could even buy for yourself if wanted to

2 Likes

What lol buy the beer :rofl:

Thats ridiculous. If someone sees you buying beer and their first thought is how messed up it is that youre pregnant thats a “them” problem, not a you problem.

4 Likes

I use to do it all the time lol

1 Like

You’re overreacting!

1 Like

I do all the shopping, so yes, I buy my husband’s beer. I also don’t give a single sh¡t what people think so :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

If ur worried of the talk give them some good stuff, Talk about how thirsty you are.

I did it all the time during my four pregnancies. I only got asked one time and I was like you do know that pregnant people can buy alcohol for others? :rofl:

My bf asked me to get him a bottle of whiskey from the liquor store and I didn’t think anything of it.

1 Like

It didn’t bother me I had my green stuff

2 Likes

By that reasoning men should feel uncomfortable picking up feminine products for their lady. Just because you buy something doesn’t mean it’s for you.

15 Likes

This is definitely overreaction you are grown suck it up Be You

I buy my husband beer all the time. And I’m very very pregnant. I did last time too. I could careless about what people think. It’s none of their business

2 Likes

Stop worrying about the dam people that’s what wrong with society now these days always worrying about what people think or feel about them or what they say… they don’t do nothing for you so who cares…. It could be for someone else that your buying it for which it is in this case and why would someone even think it will be for you with your belly all out… your over reacting

2 Likes

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: you’re not serious

Geez pregnant people buy food and drink for family. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, you’re overreacting. People pick up liquor for family or parties all the time, doesn’t mean it’s for them. I’m sure no one would think anything of it.

5 Likes

If you are worried about people think now you’re gonna love it after the baby’s born …just do you and your family don’t worry about anyone else xx

Is this serious?
Go buy the damn beer woman, stop worrying about what other people think! They’re not raising your children or living your life. It’s not for you but it’s also not their business.

Nah, who cares what people think.

I buy my husbands beer and his cigarettes lol. I’m on my third pregnancy. I’ve had the thought too, sure but I know I’m not the one drinking it or smoking the cigarettes. :woman_shrugging:t2: if you’re already out just get it.

Life must suck for people who worry about others think

1 Like

Girl grownups buy alcohol …if people judge us based on what we buy then we all be judged …not like ya at a bar slamming them down. But ya man some alcohol

Buy the damn beer, who cares what others think :woman_facepalming:t2:

I think you are honestly over reacting. It is for your husband. Go get your man some beer.

1 Like

Dude…grow up. Who cares what other people think. Especially people who don’t know you.

1 Like

Yes. You are overreacting. Simple answer.

1 Like

Yes. You’re overreacting.

1 Like

I went bowling with my husband the other day & he thought he forgot to bring his ID & wanted to buy a beer. I told him I’d buy one for him but he said no he wouldn’t want that cus im showing but I still would’ve done it if he let me. And I’ll go into dispensaries for him if I had to :woman_shrugging: its no ones business what you buy.
But personally I’d crack a joke if someone said something to me. Id be like damn a nice cold one hits the spot when you’ve been growing a baby all day :rofl: to each their own

Are you serious u have the right to buy anything you want quit worrying what people think your getting it for someone else :-1:

2 Likes

Definitely overacting who cares what ppl think you know you ain’t drinkin it!

1 Like

Same way it looks for your husband to pick up your feminine hygiene products. Who cares what other people think?!

4 Likes

If he would stop at the store for you, you should want to stop for him.

1 Like

Girl, you care too much about what people think lol

3 Likes

You’re absolutely not overreacting. You’re reacting to something that bothers you despite the legality of it or how it looks, it bothers you and that in and of itself is perfectly acceptable and okay. It’s okay to tell him that too. Look it just bothers me and I am not comfortable. If the dude can’t handle respecting that very basic boundary and gaslighting you then huge red flag and you deserve better, you deserve someone happy to respect you enough to be okay with that small boundary during your pregnancy.

7 Likes

Why would you feel uncomfortable buying alcohol? Pregnant women buy alcohol all of the time.

1 Like

Let him go to the pub instead maybe? I’m sure he will spend a lot more lol, definitely think you’re over reacting personally xx

2 Likes

You are overreacting but I felt the same way when I was pregnant :rofl:

2 Likes