Should you split up if your spouse doesn't want more kids?

If you want more kids and your spouse doesnt…should you seperate and find someone else who shares what you want?

47 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should you split up if your spouse doesn't want more kids?

Should’ve been agreed upon before they became a spouse…

19 Likes

Kids should be agreed upon for sure

Mine wanted more and I did not…we are still together too

No. Why would you want to give the Kids you already have a broken home and step parents. Not a good reason to leave imo

13 Likes

That’s a hard one. If you did split up, who’s to say you would even find a relationship with somebody that wanted kids?

8 Likes

Why make kids suffer cause ucwant more kids…maybe kids will feel bad like they weren’t enough so u keft v their father…selfish

9 Likes

If it’s something that’s very important to you I say split n find someone who wants more or you may resent your spouse later on

5 Likes

Depends how many kids I’d had. If 2- 4 i wouldn’t see a need to leave. If you have 1 and still needed to have at least 1 more than probably yes.

1 Like

This is the silly’s question I have ever seen. NO you should not split up just over something like that.

2 Likes

This is something u discuss BEFOREHAND.

11 Likes

If you have no children and that is something you desire then you should be able to find that in life but if that is your only reason to separate and you have children already then you are selfish as hell.

10 Likes

Of course not. There are so many factors that go into having kids: time management, stress, finances, loss of sleep, physical health etc. Why would someone force their spouse to go through that intentionally if they openly say that they aren’t able to deal with anymore? If u do that clearly the relationship is more about your needs than everyone’s wellbeing.

16 Likes

Not if you already have any kids. If you want kids and they don’t is another matter.

1 Like

It’s something i’d discuss beforehand but yes, it’d be a deal breaker for me and i’d split.

1 Like

I feel like its unfair to the current kids to split up all over wanting more

9 Likes

So you want to give your children a broken home because of your selfish needs? :person_facepalming:
It’s not as though you don’t have children.
Maybe you should leave, they deserve better than you.

9 Likes

No! Marriage is not something u leave when it gets hard or you don’t get your way. Marriage is about sacrifice! It is a lifelong commitment, as my parents had for 56 years. And there was all kinds of hell in those years, right from the start with the Viet nam draft. U discuss whether or not the man wants kids, how many before ever getting married. I was always told that.

2 Likes

I would make sure we were on the same page to begin with. My partner and i don’t want kids and we both made that clear when we started dating.

1 Like

What if the shoe was on the other foot?
Would you be okay with your husband breaking up your family because he wants more and you don’t?

2 Likes

You should of talked about stuff like this before even having kids. Cause now something so small like this is something you’d leave him for. breaking up your family.

1 Like

I say yes, but I have a reason. My ex husband talked about how he wanted kids when we first got together, which great. I think he liked the idea of kids, but not the reality of it. Once our oldest was born, I did EVERYTHING while he still did what he wanted. Had a miscarriage, decided to try for #2 after the miscarriage and had our 2nd. He now tells me he never wanted kids and only told me that because he wanted to get laid. Then once we had our son, he only gave me another to keep me happy. He was done after our daughter, but my heart has always yearned for more children. We’ve since split for reasons not related to our children, and I’ve got 3 kids with a man who wanted more children, same as me. My ex has since abandoned our children, and they call my current husband Dad. Best decision I ever made was leaving their sperm donor.

I’m the one that never wanted more. I say I would leave him because I think he’d cheat.

1 Like

This is a conversation that you should have done before getting together. Kids are a huge responsibility financially , mentally and emotionally, if you guys already have kids breaking up over this is dumb and nonsense

3 Likes

I absolutely would split up.

1 Like

I want one more kid , but my husband who is 40 doesn’t want any more . We have two boys. I would not split up just because of that.

4 Likes

Will you regret not having more?

Here’s the thing; if your future goals don’t align, then you shouldn’t be together…BUT that’s not a 100% yes or no…
Goals are one metric; one factor.
How does he treat you?
Do you love each other?
How do you feel when you’re apart from him?
Where is your heart in all this??

If you feel he’s nothing more than a replaceable baby-source to you, the YES, you should leave him…for his sake, if nothing else…

If you’re just thinking about missing out and wondering if this issues should be a deal breaker…the answer is: Not by itself.

If you’re feeling are so intense they’ll likely turn into resentment, get personal therapy or leave.

If you’re using this as an excuse to leave because you feel trapped, leave.

If you feel that he’s putting his foot down on this and other issues and won’t hear you, get into couples therapy or leave…

However, if you love this man and this is the one thing you can’t agree or compromise on, you shouldn’t throw away a good thing on the mere hope of something else. Again, maybe therapy, but at least open discussion of your feelings.

7 Likes

How selfish.
You don’t deserve kids.
If you do split ,I hope he takes you for full custody of the kids.

4 Likes

If you have kids already in your marriage then you’re selfish AF. You’d rather break your family over this. Smh.

1 Like

I have nothing nice to say regarding this post… And you’re not worth the ban.

4 Likes

No. I love my husband and would respect his wishes and talk to him about other things we could do to fill the void of me wanting more children and hope he understands and would be open to them. Like fostering or hosting exchange students even. I’ve helped a lot of families in this same spot by helping them become a host family for exchange students. Not only do you get to help raise the kid for at least a semester - a full year, but they usually come back regularly to visit AND their family becomes your family. It’s a beautiful bonding experience and the exchange of culture is awesome too. Just something to consider when you find yourself in a scenario such as this. Look at the alternatives rather than breaking your family up!

2 Likes

I mean if you wanna start a whole new family with someone who does want kids :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What happens if you split up only to find you can’t have anymore kids? If everything else is good in your relationship and you already have kid(s), why risk it? The grass isn’t always greener on the other side…

3 Likes

If you need to ask this apparently you already have 1 foot out the door.

5 Likes

If having another kid means more to you than your partner, then sure, who cares about the other or the current kids, right? Jfc

4 Likes

2nd time today with this same bs. Yeah just go.

5 Likes

If you already have a kid or kids, you’re already not putting them first by considering breaking apart their home for your own desires. What kind of life is for them? Leave their dad so mom can go find someone else to make more kids with? Come on.

4 Likes

Kids cost alot of money theses days

1 Like

If you already have children then no, you should not separate. If you don’t have children then yes, it would probably be a deal breaker for me.

2 Likes

I don’t blame your spouse because how bad this world is getting

4 Likes

So you’d destroy your marriage and the chance for your kids to have both parents living together all because you can’t have more kids? I don’t understand this. Be thankful for what you have.

10 Likes

Why was this not discussed PRIOR to saying I do, cause he dont!

1 Like

Wow. You married him and because he is done having kids you spit? Where’s the love you shared? Seriously marriage is comprise. If you want to throw it all away then fine he deserves better. You have a foot out the door already obviously.

9 Likes

I would only leave for serious reasons(abuse or cheating) but for something we just dont agree on like this, No I wouldnt leave him. He is such a good man. Plus we have our 3rd on the way. There were times we both dk if we wanted a 2nd or 3rd. Then here we are. You have to pick and choose ur battles and hopefully u can let this go, if u already have kid(s).

1 Like

Maybe focus on the kids you already have :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

A friend really wanted a 4th child while her husband did not. She bugged him for years and he told her no because they can’t afford the ones they have now. She got pregnant on purpose and now she’s a single mom of four. It’s a possibility that the fourth kid is not her husband’s because she admitted she cheated around the time of conception.

5 Likes

Some of these comments are disgusting…

OP, you can leave your spouse for any reason you want. Just as he can. If you want kids and he doesn’t, you have a right to live life for YOU. Whether it would be your first child or your fifth. People can get divorces over infidelity, and that’s okay, cheered on even, but a woman should stay in a marriage she’s unhappy in because you have different opinions? Do what makes YOU happy. You’re the one that has to live it, not anyone else.

8 Likes

Omg this post? So shallow. If you already have kids just be happy! How selfish even mentioning finding another . Lost for words

5 Likes

I wouldn’t choose to leave a happy marriage if my spouse and I weren’t both prepared to be parents. It’s a difficult road having kids and you have no guarantee that you can have more, or that you will meet a new partner who wants children or that can still have them, and being a single parent is very difficult if you go that route.

3 Likes

Wait… but wouldn’t you believe that your spouse is your soulmate and like the one meant for you… and you’re in love

1 Like

Do you actually care about your husband or about the total of babies you have? Dang. Your priorities are jacked.

9 Likes

These post or fake ! This is a fake page it’s the 4-5 post just this past week about a woman wanting kids and hubby dosent…. I mean come on

Yes. It either you guys compromise on it or u go ur separate ways if it’s something u truly want and they don’t.

1 Like

You said more kids so this question is pretty messed up. You’ll break up your family because you want another kid? I can understand if one of you doesn’t want kids at all it might not work but this is honestly just whacked

4 Likes

This is a conversation you have before you get married.

7 Likes

If you think the relationship isnt worth the lack of children then you are pretty much out the door anyway… You said more kids, like you already have one or more? You’d break up your family for more children? Like I could understand if you didn’t have any kids and he was against having one. Maybe he doesnt think yall could financially afford it? Or does he just not want another child? There must be a reason why.

This is definitely a conversation for BEFORE you get married and start a life together.

5 Likes

People should just stop getting married

2 Likes

maybe get a puppy or kitten and go from there you get to potty train them and take care of em like babies/toddlers anyways but the real question is are you happy on your marriage and if not maybe you should ask yourself why and talk to your partner about it

l Get paid over $132 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16398 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox352.pages.dev/

So you mean to tell me, you’re going to take your children now, away from their father, because you want more children and he doesn’t? That sounds selfish on your part and completely unfair to your children.

15 Likes

That should have been discussed BEFORE you got married. At this point, the only real question is, do you love him? Does he love you? Is this the only issue you have? Do you already have children together? Sadly, all these things should have been talked about before the wedding.

2 Likes

This is so odd…Did you only marry because you wanted kids or did you marry him because you love him and want to spend your life with him? Weird to me🤔

6 Likes

You’re very selfish, I want more kids and I don’t care if my spouse does or doesn’t, it is what I want. You would break up a family for your wants

3 Likes

That depends I guess

Marriage isn’t the kind of relationship where you split up because you disagree with each other.

4 Likes

l Get paid over $132 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16398 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox381.pages.dev/

2 Likes

So basically what you’re saying without verbally saying it is you love your husband as long as he does what you want to do. If you love him you wouldn’t even be thinking about leaving so you may want to reevaluate your feelings for him.

8 Likes

No- do you love him?
Why did you marry him?
Can y’all afford to have more and still put money in savings ?
Do y’all both have income?
Can y’all afford child care?
Yes I know you can be a stay at home mom but that still adds Financial stress to the sole provider.

but also tell the man, that you are stopping birth control and since you are not done you no longer wish to be on it. And he needs to get snip since he’s done

1 Like

Shouldnt you know all these things BEFORE YOU MARRY THEM?

4 Likes

Men divorce women for being infertile ever single day… I see no difference

8 Likes

No
You need a better reason
You took vowes
Unless they don’t mean anything

3 Likes

Not enough info to answer. Do you alrdy have kids? Did you talk about this before the wedding and he changed his mind? Why does he not want kids?

2 Likes

Do you already have children? I think getting divorced because you want more children would have a negative effect on your current children.

4 Likes

Way to think of the children you already have. Leave him, give him the children and find someone else.

5 Likes

Probably should’ve talked about how many kids prior to ever even having any, but why be smart and do that? If you leave someone because they don’t want MORE kids with you, that’s a bit pathetic.

2 Likes

Seriously? You think you can just Insert New Man, just like that??
Why doesn’t he want more kids?
Have your sat down and budgeted the cost lately? And it’s only going to go up.
Why do you want more? What need do you have to fill?
Before therapy or counseling you wanna run off, make him play child support and let someone else raise his kid(s)… Bc he doesn’t want another one??
Did you get married for the right reasons or was it to satisfy needs you have?

1 Like

We need more information!!

Do you already have kids and you want more and he doesn’t (or vice versa)?

What’s the reason whomever doesn’t want (more) kids?

Having children is one of MANY things that should be discussed prior to getting married. And even if it was discussed, people can change their minds.

1 Like

WOW… just WOW

And the idiocy abounds…

2 Likes

I am assuming all these spouses that dont want kids handle the finances for some reason :joy:

7 Likes

I think ever situation is different. If you’ve had children, there are factors involved. Can you afford another child? It’s tight AF for me and I have only 2. Can your body go through 9 months of pregnancy? Do you work? Can you work while pregnant? Stuff like that are things to think about. My husband doesn’t want anymore and neither do I. Child rearing is A LOT of work and we’re happy with our 2.

Yes you should separate. There’s no middle ground in this argument.

Is that the only thing making you want to leave? Is he a good man who treats you good and is supportive with everything else but this? You didn’t give enough info for a good answer. How old are you both? Another man may give you another kid but will he treat and love you as much as your current husband? Grass always seems greener on the other side until you step in dog :poop:

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:
No.
You need to grow up and realize that just as much as you want more, they don’t. You likely would have agreed on the amount you both wanted in the beginning. If they didn’t want any at all, then you part ways, but since they don’t want any more? Child, please.

Going to throw away an entire relationship, uproot and ruin your existing children’s lives, and risk their future with flakey partners all because you have some hole to fill?

Find a pet, get a hobby, see a therapist.

5 Likes

l Get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16998 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox456.pages.dev/

Depends how may children do you have or how many does he have? How old are they? Most of all can you afford it? You can’t force other to have more children if they don’t want them. Mayne he wants more time with you and not always making life another kids.

1 Like

I would say this depends. How important it is to the one wanting kids? Vica versa.

This is very vague. How many kids do you already have? Are they properly taken care of? Can you comfortably afford your bills currently? Can you truly afford more children? Are both parents helping pay for said children? Aside from that, you can’t just go find someone off then street to have another kid with. Personally I would respect my spouse, evaluate if you want to maintain being in this relationship. If more kids is more important than your current family life… then you have your answer.

1 Like

How many kids do you have?

Wow. Thats ridiculous

Buy a cat and get over yourself.

Just trick him simple

3 Likes

Uh no. That’s ridiculous :unamused:

Oh yes. Break up your current children’s family unit, put them through trauma, and then go make a new family with a new spouse. Yes. Peak frickin parenting :face_with_spiral_eyes: wtf is wrong w you

5 Likes

Or maybe you work through stuff and see if you can have a meaningful life together as a family with the kids you have? Would be a better option

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: get a life job hobby pet

We need more info… are the kids you have currently babies, grown, how many?? Are the kids his or yours from a previous? Do you share any children together? Do you have a good solid relationship? Do you love each other? Are you happy with him?

That’s not a valid reason if it’s the sole reason to break up your marriage and family. It would be 100% different if you didn’t have kids and you want kid but he didn’t want any. Or if he has his own kids but you don’t share any together. Then you could leave him to start a family but That’s completely different. Sounds like you have kids already and he doesn’t want more. That’s something you need to work through. Get him on board over time. And if he never changes his mind then you have to live with that if you really love him and have am otherwise good relationship. If your feelings have changed for him then that’s a better reason for leaving. But if you still love each other and have a good life buthe just doesn’t want more kids That’s not a good reason to leave.

1 Like

That’s so sad that you would consider breaking up a family just to fulfill your selfish need for more children. Ever heard of being content with what you have???

1 Like

I said it on a different post and I’ll say it again on this post. Nowadays it’s all about women and womens rights (assuming this is coming from a woman) but when a man tells a woman NO it’s suddenly not okay?
Splitting up a family just because you want more kids is not okay. Coming from someone who’s parents actually got divorced it sucks and it’s hard. But they got divorced for GOOD REASONS. This reason is just not it. Your kids aren’t going to be happy, will they adjust though? Yes. But they should NOT have too!
You are thinking about yourself in this situation. You should be thinking about your kids and your spouse. You need to respect them and their decisions.
If the tables were turned how would you feel if they left you? I’m assuming not great.
A pet isn’t the same as a kid (in my opinion) but it should help getting one and filling that void even if it doesn’t fill it all the way.

2 Likes