Struggles with Coparenting, Advice?

I have tried everything to co-parent with my son’s father. I share ALL information that has any relation to our son. I try to discuss anything related to medical/dental/vision. Dad is informed of all appointments long before they happen so he can be present. He usually doesn’t show. I have tried to have several conversations about his future education with dad, and he refuses to discuss it. Our son has come home saying awful things about me. He says his dad told him I tried to take him away when he was a baby, and his dad talked to the judge and the judge made me share him. I don’t even know how to deal with this. Our son is 4. We have joint legal and I can’t get him into play therapy without dads approval. Dad refuses. It’s heartbreaking

1 Like

I have seen this happen and there wasn’t anything that could be done. But I hope that you get some good tips from those that have been in your place.

Take him back to court. Make sure you have evidence of you trying and him not. Since the child can speak and say that he thought him that is also evidence.

1 Like