The guy I met on tinder has been lying about his job

Girl he just went away for months at a time. Where. K bye.

3 Likes

He probably lied because he didn’t want to be judged or stereotyped. A person shouldn’t be judged by their employment or pay but for who they are.

5 Likes

He’s a LIAR. BELIEVE people when they show you who they are the first time!

3 Likes

Hes got a family on the side

2 Likes

He lied…true. But the way you now feel toward him because of his job……is why he lied.

3 Likes

The lie makes it a no for me. 8 months of consistently carrying out this lie is quite concerning.

7 Likes

This ice cream machine is broken.

4 Likes

If he lies about that, who knows what else he will be lying about. RUN!!!

5 Likes

Leave…he is showing you who he is. Honestly, the fact that he kept up the lie for SO LONG is a huge problem

1 Like

It would be the lying for me. And the ability to keep up such a fake life

1 Like

Sweetie tinder is for hooking up should have known better

2 Likes

Did he not come home smelling like fries? :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Well it can get pretty oily at McDonald’s, but ya gotta dump him. Regardless of the motivation, he lied to you for 8 months. Over his job. Imagine how long he would keep it up over something bigger.

2 Likes

Ok, he lied but he is working, better than sitting on his butt doing nothing right. He wanted to impress you at 1st and if you really like him you would understand why he lied to you because he was ashamed of saying where he worked…To me, it would have never bothered me at all! Understand his side!

So where is he disappearing to for weeks at a time ? Another woman , wife and kids ? Maybe when he spends his time with you he is telling somebody else the same lies he told you. Have an honest convo with him , but do not settle for being lied to , because they’ll continue and get bigger

14 Likes

I know this isn’t like a time to be funny but my husband said maybe he’s the fryer.

6 Likes

Idk that much about working at McDonald’s but I do know a whole lot about dating a man in the oil field and be happy he works at McDonald and not the oil field. Minus the money aspect maybe. :joy:

5 Likes

Well he does work in oil… fry oil… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

What does he do at McDonald’s? I know a guy that is a regional manager for a franchisee and travels quite a bit. He has a lot of responsibilities and makes good money.

2 Likes

Lying to that degree typically is a hallmark trait of a narcissist. The only wise action to take when it comes to a narc is RUN :running_woman: as far away as possible from folk like that.

2 Likes

He’s got a second woman who he tells the same lie to

5 Likes

But no I’d be pissed too. U gonna have to go ur not gonna lie to me

How did he not smell like fries? You must live apart otherwise there is NO WAY this could have been kept from you. He’s getting paid right? Just be honest and tell him it completely threw you off…maybe he was embarrassed :flushed:

2 Likes

Free chicken nuggets…

How did you find out?

2 Likes

I sure hope you like him less because he lied and not because of where he works. mans still getting paid regardless

9 Likes

Maybe he figured you would judge him like it kind of comes across as

6 Likes

Run away like your hair is on fire!!!

1 Like

He’s lied about his job, no telling what else he will lie about. You will never trust him and rightly so. He may be off doing horrible things, who knows!! Be safe and get rid of him.

6 Likes

Maybe he works at McDonald’s on the side oil fields don’t always have work.

2 Likes

The lying would be a no go but I don’t overly care what someone does for work.

I think it could go both ways. Maybe ask him personally why he lied? I feel like maybe it’s because he wanted to impress you or maybe felt intimidated? I can’t say I haven’t lied about a job before either and that’s the main reason why I did. Just because I felt like I needed to be someone more successful than what I was.

4 Likes

Lie about this, he will lie about everything

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter where he actually works, he lied to you about it for 8 months.

9 Likes

Please dear god tell me his name isn’t Nathan​:sweat_smile::woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

What was he doing for the weeks he claimed he was gone?

8 Likes

am not for sure if I would confront him, if he would lie to you this way if you upset him what else would he do to you… Be carefull. And do not look back also stay off the computer

2 Likes

The lie is the problem, at least he has a job …

6 Likes

How did you find out??? :eyes:

1 Like

I’d go in and order a happy meal

12 Likes

So in other words you thought he was loaded and now you know he has a regular job and can’t pay your way them you don’t “like” him?
Do him a favor and leave

1 Like

The lying is a problem in my book
Just because someone works at McDonald’s doesn’t make them less of a person. At least he’s WORKING. But he should have never lied

7 Likes

So you couldn’t tell he was living a $13 (no idea how much you make at McDonald’s) an hour life as opposed to an $80 an hour job? The difference between those 2 jobs is like a hobo vs a CEO.

6 Likes

If you like someone, their job shouldn’t matter…I mean unless it’s something crazy and bad, lol. The lying I would be upset but maybe sit down with him and tell him he doesn’t have to lie to impress you. Maybe he works both?

Your reaction to working at McDonald’s and the fact that you “like him less” because of it are THE reason he lied about it :rofl::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I always thought all the guys that said they worked in the oil fields were just fake guys from other countries and liars I would’ve never even talk to him when he told me he worked in oil field or was in the military in another country

2 Likes

He is probably ashamed of his job and didn’t want you to judge him.

I wouldn’t care about the job but lying is lying. What else is he hiding ?

3 Likes

To be honest I’m so sorry to say. But if he’s lied about a job ‘week on week off’ maybe he’s also dating someone else or has another family doing the same?….

9 Likes

It doesn’t matter why he lied, or where he works. He lied. Normal people don’t lie about their job

3 Likes

He may work in the oil field and just be laid off. It’s common in the field to have slow periods where companies have lay offs.

I get it sis it’s the fact that he liedddddd like why if you worked at McDonald’s that’s cool but you put on this whole facadeeeeeeeee lol :joy::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

If he lied about something simple such as a job, he’ll lie about bigger things, such as if he’s seeing someone else. Like someone else said, where does he go and who is he with when he leaves for long periods of time?

1 Like

If he goes away for weeks at a time what else is he hiding :eyes: a family :eyes:

6 Likes

One lie- will make you question every truth🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

If he lied about this what else would he lie about ? Imo Red Flag :triangular_flag_on_post:

he fekking lied and disappears. Really??? It ain’t the job. It’s the morals

3 Likes

Get the whole story then confront him about the information you have.

Working at McDonald’s is fine. Lying isn’t. This is a HUGE red flag.

7 Likes

Lol it’s ok Mcds is like 18 an hour now! but he’s a liar so there’s that.

4 Likes

Well there is a lot of oil in McDonald’s food😂. But you have to wonder what else has he been lying about.?

8 Likes

Lying for 8 months is gross all around

2 Likes

8 months. Were you never at his house? Like, you would’ve seen the work clothes somewhere. Or smelled it on him. He’s wrong for lying and I get being pissed off and it definitely would change things. But like, how did you go 8 months and NOT know something was off? Did you never meet his friends or family, I’m sure they would’ve said something about his work. This has vibes of an online thing and not an actual in person relationship.

7 Likes

I’d be pissed it’s been 8 months n I haven’t gotten any free nugs :expressionless: dude…that’s unforgivable betrayal.

11 Likes

Dump him. He lied. End of story. Didn’t even matter where he worked.

5 Likes

A liar is a liar and I do not owe any liar an explanation however, if you need to, pull up at the McDonald’s order some food and leave!!! Block & Delete his number

1 Like

Liars are not keepers.

1 Like

Where is he when he is “Working in the oil fields”?

1 Like

Because he has a woman already on the side, he needed an excuse to not see you for weeks at a time and for that to be okay with you to avoid getting caught, that is what I would be thinking; by the way you should not expect a stable relationship to come from Tinder :grimacing:

2 Likes

I think he probably got turned down a lot for working at McDonald’s

Lying isn’t ok, but I knew a guy that did something similar because how people viewed him as less than for flipping burgers

2 Likes

You approach him with the truth. Then? When he tries to gaslight you? You shut that shit down. Then? You block his dead ass and ponder why you fell for it in the first place. We’ve all been there in one form or another. Sending you strength!

He lied because for us Minnie’s shameful to work at mds, I worked for Tim Hortons and caught alot of shit thing is he’s a good guy so u say he just don’t have the job u thought

I dated the perfect man. He was AWESOME. Married him after 3 months. He was so insistent. Well 3 months after we married he didn’t come hone from work. Few days later he came hone. This went on for 2 years. I divorced him then and found out he had 5 other wives in other states . That’s where he was going. He ended up shooting one girl and killing her. He played it off for years!!! I should have known he was too perfect!!! Be careful , you could be next. I’m guessing the girl he killed found out or was going to leave him. I snuck out.

7 Likes

Biggest scam ever. Oil fields :roll_eyes: have you even met him in real life?

1 Like

If he doesn’t work in the oil fields and is disappearing for weeks at a time……… sis dump him

5 Likes

He is not worth your time.

Are you sure he is actually working at McDonald’s? How did you find out? Do y’all live together? If not have you ever been to his residence? Do y’all live close by each other? How often do you see him in person?

Even working at McDonald’s I don’t see how he could actually be leaving town for weeks at a time. I am sure they don’t allow for that time off. My guess is he isn’t really leaving town. Perhaps just staying with someone or even in another relationship.

The lying is the real problem here! I am not even sure what to say but I can say If you know 100% then I would be done. Lots of things that don’t make sense here…

5 Likes

So he already has a woman. Lol you don’t go away for weeks for work for McDonald’s. :rofl::rofl: my god. What a loser.

3 Likes

His job is not the issue his sociopathic behavior is🤦🏻‍♀️

4 Likes

Maybe he is in charge of the fry’s and that involves OIL! So he does work in the oil field! Maybe what you need is a bump! Good luck

9 Likes

Do u know which McDonald’s? I’d show up and see his reaction when he sees you. Then block, delete and never look back. Lying for that long is a huge red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: But I agree with others this sounds like they never met in person.

6 Likes

You don’t get why people lie about something like that? Bullshit. He felt he had to lie because shallow ass people like you judge him for how he makes money. You even said it yourself that you feel like you like him less due to his job. Grow the fuck up stop being so judgmental.

Well McDonalds is pertty oily!

3 Likes

I would tell him you’re not okay being lied to and you need time to think about things. If it were me I would just forget about it because he’s disappearing for weeks at a time and lying to you already.

4 Likes

Cut your losses. Once you can’t trust someone, it’s hard to come back from. And these “moths away” are VERY suspicious.

3 Likes

Oh wow. That’s something… Definitely a disappointment… I’m sure you had to have missed things.

I would be upset. Lying is lying. And lying about your job is a pretty big lie.

Lol what did you expect from tinder?

3 Likes

Move on. He’s a loser, and a liar…both deal breakers. Nothing more need to be said.

1 Like

Red flag. If he’ll lie about that, he’ll lie about anything. Run!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you lie about your job If you worked at McDonald’s? I had an ex do the exact same thing just not the oil field, still McDonald’s. The point I’d be focused on is the lie he kept for so long

Ruuuuun lol my ex lied to me for years about himself. I have slowly got him to tell me the truth on things. We aren’t friends anymore so I can’t get the rest but now I’m just waiting to hear the truth from him.

Yea I’d drop and move on. Not even that he works at McDonald’s but just that he lies to you and goes “wks at a time” to a job

4 Likes

He’s probably embarrassed.

1 Like

But also how did you find out ??!

4 Likes

Maybe he’s just ashamed to say he works at McDonald’s and probably figured that nobody would go for him if he said that’s his job… tell him you don’t appreciate being lied to and try to get to the bottom of why he lied about his job and then see how you feel about that answer :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

He’s a liar
Run!! Run very fast

4 Likes

If he can lie about that then he can lie about any and everything so best to drop now

1 Like

I wouldn’t date someone who works at McDonald’s or someone who would lie about it so either way I say move on.

2 Likes

What was he doing when he would go out of town for periods of time?

1 Like