The guy I met on tinder has been lying about his job

A lie is a lie is a lie!!! Doesn’t matter why he lied, HE LIED!!! If he lied about that what else did he lie about???

5 Likes

Run!! It will be like this forever otherwise

1 Like

It’s not just the lie he told for so long, it’s the disappearing too. Red flags all over this! I would just honestly just block him and be done. Confronting him will likely result in more lies. Any relationship that starts off with lies will end because of lies. Cut your losses while you can. It’s only been 8 months and there’s others out there who won’t feel the need to lie and disappear too. Look at it like this… if you weren’t worth the truth to him from the beginning, then he’s already disrespected you and crossed boundaries, then he’s never going to respect you and will lie for whatever reason he feels is ok to lie to you about and he’ll continue to disrespect you and you’ll never fully be able to trust him without wanting to check out anything he tells you. I’d be done and done!

5 Likes

Sounds like old mates living a double life

4 Likes

He lied to you. Red flag IMO

1 Like

He does work in the oil field just French fry oil :rofl::man_shrugging:

11 Likes

In this day & age be grateful hes even got a job!

Run. Liar and a cheater!

2 Likes

Oil field must equate to the fry guy :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:
Run. A lie is a lie is a lie.

4 Likes

Tinder’s for booty calls not relationships.

7 Likes

People lie bc theyre liars. Take it at face value and keep on moving.

5 Likes

Sooo…. Where’s he been disappearing to? And doesn’t that part bother you?

9 Likes

If men are lying about their jobs, then clearly something is wrong there, I would leave him, if he’s lying about that what else is gona lie about? Cut it off, seems suspicious to me

2 Likes

Both, run, thats a big lie

Quite a lot of people get embarrassed to work at McDonald’s… maybe he wanted to impress you and thought you wouldn’t like him if you knew he worked in McDonald’s, he probably hasn’t found the right time to tell you as he’s lied for so long…
I worked at McDonald’s and I loved it! It was one of my favourite jobs but to a lot of people it’s just about getting a pay check! I would speak to him and find out why he lied? X

7 Likes

If he goes away for week at a time I’d say his married

9 Likes

Do you not watch Netflix?!? Do not send him money!! He’s not in trouble! :laughing:

7 Likes

Time for you to go eat at that McD, introduce yourself. Maybe he changes the oil in the fry well?

12 Likes

All these ladies saying run ect ect, I’m more concerned that you’d be pissed off he works at McDonald’s. What is it exactly that’s your problem? Does he not earn enough for you now? Because the past 8 months have been fine so what’s the difference? As someone else said atleast he has a job.

15 Likes

Donna Mae u know all to well about this :rofl::rofl:

Walk away. Dunno why he wasn’t straight about the job for months!!

3 Likes

Very shallow to like someone less because of a job he does at 1st I was gunna say get rid cos he lied but then again I don’t blame him with such judgemental ppl about

7 Likes

I mean McDonald’s workers getting $16 per hour where I live as CREW MEMBERS now soOo… I don’t think y’all realize how much General Managers at fast food chains make either, I’m related to someone that was a GM at a Corporate McDonald’s and he used to make more than a teacher. Not sure when holding down a JOB became embarrassing?? :thinking::thinking: However I am an older Millennial maybe I’m outta touch w the times. :joy: Oh, but being away weeks at a time he’s married boo or living w his BM forget the Golden Archs.

8 Likes

Hell they make about 14 hr why be embarrassed

2 Likes

Find out the MC Donald’s he works in and go get yourself a burger !

6 Likes

Daaaaamn liking someone less because of a job….could never be me.

Maybe hes married also if disapears few weeks at a time

11 Likes

Hahaha… I shouldn’t laugh…
Sounds like he’s played you with his online ultra ego… You been Cat Fished…Men lie about thier jobs, women lie on appearance, it’s all fake…
Personally I would mention about Macs and how disappointed you are…i had a GF years ago who worked at Burger King… Free maels. Tbf you didn’t even land on your feet with freebies… Best thing to do is move on and find a Bf naturally in a bar…

2 Likes

Just show up at the McDonald’s

1 Like

McDonald’s is paying $15.00 an hour… Yes it’s hard to say that you work there… But at least you know when s**t hits the fan he is willing to work any job he can get to help support his family.

9 Likes

if you like him less because of his job then it’s you with the problem, and you need to be to stay well away from any man until you stop being so shallow.

11 Likes

Dump him. He’s probably got a girl in every port…I mean drive-thru.

To have kept it up beyond the first or second date shows he’s a conman.

But first I’d research oil rigs and have in depth conversations about them to see how much he squirms.

5 Likes

Need to find out how long he works at McDonald’s, maybe he just got laid off and was afraid to tell you.

2 Likes

You done met you a married man on tinder

6 Likes

If he’s lying about that he’s lying about other things !!!

5 Likes

Lol. Not women on here telling her “he could have worse jobs” blah blah blah. He lied about his job. Period. :joy:

2 Likes

If you have to ask what to do I wonder about your decision making.

1 Like

Hell its still a job be thankful he even works could have got one thats lazy

1 Like

Sounds like your the mistress

3 Likes

Wait until he needs money because his enemies are after him

2 Likes

It’s not about where he works, it’s that he’s LIED for last 8 months and disappears for weeks at a time. You’re asking wrong questions. Big red flag

7 Likes

McDonald’s actually has massive benefits for working for them. And where I live there basic rate is above minimum wage. I get he lied, Id question that for sure not a very good base for a new relationship , but if you really liked him I don’t see why him working at McDonald’s is a deal breaker.

3 Likes

Its petty af you are worried about what job he has. He has one at least. He ought to be running from you if you’re that shallow.
That being said week at a time for “work” if you know its not the case, dudes probably married or in another relationship. 8 months is a long time to lie about stuff like that.

2 Likes

Well for a start you just said you like him less now you know he works at McDonald’s!!! cant think why he would lie :thinking::thinking: think the guy needs to get himself back on tinder maybe find someone not quite so shallow & superficial!

4 Likes

It wouldn’t matter what other job he had! He lied!!! No doubt there is other lies!

1 Like

Pretty sure he is married

1 Like

Sounds like you’re just the 6pc chicken nuggets , he’s got the 20 pc at home

4 Likes

I wouldn’t care where he worked. I would just want to know why he lied and why he wanted to be away from you for weeks at a time :thinking:

3 Likes

I’d March myself into that Mickey D’s and order myself a Big Mac and small Fry during his next shift :joy:

9 Likes

Bro we are talking simple psychology here. Mind fk yourself to joy my dear. Its hot thinking about him working in the oil fields. A little dangerous, definitely sexy, I’m about to pretend ny husband came home from the oil fields instead of bullshit his way out of another shift at Amazon. It’s hot I get it. That shows he is willing to risk his life for his family but McDonald’s shows he would swallow that pride. Like during Covid I delivered domino’s. I went to private school on the upper East side when I was young. Like Serena who? Yet I swallowed it because it is an experience like everything else and I relished the thought of seeing the world through different eyes. It’s whatever. Life is all psychology and um does he have potential? Like does he have hustle? drive? Does he have his mind geared towards either getting a degree and becoming a wage slave? Or Does he plan on learning a trade and parlaying that into his own business? Like is he always thinking of ways to make money or ways to get out of making money? McDonald’s is just a distraction. Pay attention to the man. Does he work like he will one day own the franchise and do you move like someone who can get you both there? If yall end up owning a franchise I want a dm about it lol. :wink::blush:

8 months …have you met his family. Friends , where he lives , anything else , maybe he was trying to i.press you, because people make jokes about Mc Donald’s all the time .

There is nothing wrong with you for thinking less of him as long as you understand why. It’s simple psychology. We have been programmed to believe what about people who work at McDonald’s? They are lazy. They this that and the third. Nothing could be further from the truth. I blame 80s movies it’s always a teenager or an old burnout or some sad old person taking advantage of the teenagers on staff. When you realize your ideas about things come from what you have been shown on TV and by people around you and not from idk whatever. It’s whatever.

I’d be pissed he lied… Sounds to me like you arent really mad about the lie… You care more about the fact he works at McDonald’s. Let’s get real… If his tinder account said he flips burgers you would have swiped left.
I don’t blame you for being pissed.
Also, I agree with everyone saying you are his side piece

2 Likes

I would be upset that he lied (and maybe a little disappointed about where he works). Why did he feel the need to lie to you? That’s what I would want to know.

Maybe he lost his job and just found a new one to have some kind of stability. If there’s no oil he would get a layoff. So maybe he just started McDonald’s and sees how shallow u are so he’s afraid???

2 Likes

Is he hiding more …like another family

4 Likes

First sentence…
Liar what more do you want to know

Once a liar always a liar. I can’t stand a liar

1 Like

Unpopular opinion. Some women have better expectations for their life than a McDonald’s worker. It wouldn’t bother me but I know some women want a better quality of life. If you’ve never grown up poor or without anything to your name you’d never understand. Life isn’t suppose to be about material stuff unfortunately its really hard to navigate life, broke. In my opinion it’s a crappy thing to lie to someone about. Yall expect her to be okay with a McDonald’s worker but the dude himself wasn’t okay with her knowing. Double standard. You wanna judge a female for not wanting a McDonald’s worker but not the dude for being so ashamed he lied to her about something dumb and unnecessary. He’s a liar regardless of his tax bracket. But let’s not get it twisted about women having the choice of whether their life is easier or harder, she didn’t want a broke guy. We all have expectations and that’s okay.

8 Likes

He probably did work oil then got laid off

4 Likes

He is working ,see alot of ladies taking care of bums who wouldn’t hit a lick with a stick

You shouldn’t be upset about where he works. At least he has a job. A lot of people would rather be unemployed than flip burgers.

What you should be upset about is the fact that he has lied to you for the last 8 months.

Drop him. If he’s already lying, it’s not going to get any better. If he’s lied to you about his employment, what else is he already lying about?!

2 Likes

His job isn’t the problem, the ongoing lie is :v::wave:

3 Likes

best way is to say next time you have time off the oil fields can you pick me up some mc fries lol

4 Likes

My boyfriend when we met 16 years ago was working at a day labor job. When he moved to where I lived he still worked Day Labor jobs, but he was making over 200 a day doing it as he was working for a paving company. making over $25 n hour. Than he got heat issues and had to start working inside jobs. He worked at a Burger King (I didn’t mind cause he was making money). Now he’s working for Walmart store and like I said as long as there is income coming in the house I don’t care as i work and make good money too. We don’t live my money is my money and your money is yours. But we have been together 16 years. But it’s been that way at least 15 years. I know he doesn’t spend money unless he tells me he/we need something for the house or something else. It took us 13 years to build our credit up to be able to get loans on stuff. I didn’t grow up poor but I lived 15 years with my ex who had nothing and tried to raise 4 kids with nothing to our name. But I have managed to make a new life for my family. Even with this man working jobs making min wage for the most part we still made it work.

1 Like

If you truly care for him, what he does for a living doesn’t matter. But I would let him know that it’s ok to be honest about himself.

Lies… it’s never just one! Run girls!

2 Likes

If he lied about that he is probably lying about everything. I would break it off immediately and let him know why

1 Like

Where he works isn’t the issue. It’s that he lied. & if he wasn’t in the oil fields, where was he for weeks at a time?

4 Likes

Alisa Miranda my fear :joy_cat:

You just said you don’t know whether you like him due to he’s job… maybe that’s why he lies? Because of peoples perception of he’s job?
I know he lied but think outside the box for a second and speak to him

Am I the only one who wondered “WHERE” he is when he takes his “WORK” trips??:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

That’s 8 months worth of lies. How can
You build a life with someone who is willing to lie to that extent?? I’d end it before you find out what else he’s willing to lie about.

It’s the lie!! Total turn off!

The issue is he lied for the past 8 months and even went on fake trips to keep up the lie. A relationship is built on trust and he obviously showed you don’t have trust in your relationship bc u cant trusthim to be honest. No trust= no relationship

1 Like

Run!!! He’s a cheater

1 Like

He’s probably got a family

4 Likes

What else is he lying about?

1 Like

He could have lied about any job but he chose oil field so that he would have an excuse to be gone for extended periods of time. I would question if he has a family somewhere else that he’s also lying to and cheating on.

2 Likes

Do you really like him or are you hating on McDonalds. ?

Woah What you should be upset about is the fact that he has lied to you for the last 8 months :astonished: so sad that ppl lie nowadays. I don’t know, talk to him maybe he quit his job in the oil fields and then start working at MCDONALDS, give him a chance.

Honestly how you’re acting the way you are in is exactly why he lied.

1 Like

However he never should have lied he should have kept it real but if you like the person then the McDonald’s job shouldn’t really matter

where I am from McDonald’s workers make bank $$$ :money_mouth_face::woman_shrugging: just saying

He has lied and kept the lie up. So, that is up to you. Do you feel like you could trust him?

When people show you who they are, believe them.
This guy has shown you he lies. Hence he is a liar. And one lie leads to a million more.
Trust me for every lie you discover, there will be several more stewing in the pot.
I suggest you cut the chord now.
Lies = no trust.

Because how can you successfully begin or maintain a relationship when its based off lies. And distrust?

You deserve so much better than that! And once you believe that, you won’t even allow clowns like this to lie to you.

But get a free Happy Meal out of him first before you dump him. Lol. Jk

Good luck with whatever you decide.

3 Likes

A job is a job but the fact he lied about it and for so long…. No thanks. If he lies about that, what else will he lie about?

4 Likes

Straight up talk to him about it… he lied, that needs to be addressed.

Uh he lied, leaving for weeks at a time, f that, you need to leave him assp

2 Likes

The going away for weeks means he has a wife lol

11 Likes

The job itself would not he my issue. Lying to my face for 8 months would be. Oil fields or McDonalds hey a job is a job but the lying? Why?

4 Likes

He wanted to impress you. Now you have to figure out can you trust him?

It’s not about where he works its the lie thats a red flag and if you have to question it…thats a red flag too

1 Like

Narcissist. Your the new supplier. Fucking run!!!

You answered your own question :woozy_face:

1 Like

I think you should be more concerned he has managed to keep up a lie for 8 months and goes away for weeks at a time. Its likely he has another life (maybe a wife) elsewhere. On another note McDonald job isnt nothing be ashamed of and if your put off by his job place that may say more about you than him…js

4 Likes

My husband works in the “oil field” but he doesn’t just work that. There are slow months or jobs that end sooner than expected and he doesn’t like to always sit around so he will work little odd jobs to he can go back out. So maybe he kept it up for 8 months and left bc he was working in the oil field but right now he isn’t so he had to do something to keep the income coming in. Usually we can sit around and live off hubby’s unemployment but his last job was short and unemployment is gone and we just had another baby so instead of sitting around and burning thru savings he is working another job. He still considers himself an oil field worker during this of time tho. Most of them do. Maybe it’s something similar where he wasn’t always lying about his employment and then was embarrassed so he didn’t mention on the factors at play. Idk. But if it was 8 months of straight lies and being fake gone for work I don’t think you should stick around for that kind of treatment… there’s no kind of respect there to lie so Bodly for so long.

4 Likes

Umm, easy you should find someone else to
Date. It’s not about the job it’s about the lie. If that was easy for him imagine what else he could lie about

1 Like

Idk I get that he lied but can also understand he may have been too embarrassed too admit it but the whole disappearing for weeks is fucked I’d be more concerned about what he was doing than lying to protect his pride lol idk good luck

No no no he lied ! So he is liar and will lie about everything . Who cares where he works. Atleast he has a job honestly. Its not the job thats the problem it’s the fact of him lieing to you . What else he gonna lie about next??

2 Likes