The man I am seeing told me he is moving across country: Advice?

So you have been dating for 2 yrs and this is the first you heard of this ??? I would say you both will have to sit down and have a serious talk about your future as a couple, then go from there

What if you leave him, and he decides to stay and he is the one? What then?

How serious are y’all? Is it already long distance? Is it very near future for a specific opportunity he had before you if y’all have been together for some long how do you not know this? I live states away from my dad’s family and might have to move there one temp or permanent my fiance isn’t a fan but we’ll decide how to handle that when the time comes.

I would consider the relationship over. Sorry

6 Likes

Split now. He knows you can’t go, the fact it’s even a thought he doesn’t love you. Cut ties now!

Since you said he knows about your custody agreement, and he knows you would have to give up your kids to go as well (and he surely knows you won’t do that), then he is telling you that he doesn’t really love you and want to be with you since his career comes before you. Even if he stays, I would go.

2 Likes

It is obvious that he isn’t invested in the relationship. If he were there is no way he would even be considering moving across the country knowing you wouldn’t be able to go. If he’s not invested why should you be? Leave now and find a man who genuinely cares about you.

I would just have a serious talk about your concerns etc. I think if he truly wants to be with you there Hass to be some type of compromise. I don’t think he should give up his dreams but I also don’t blame him for wanting to be stuck somewhere

It wouldn’t be fair for him to pass up something he wants for his future because of your previous arrangement & I’m guessing it would probably be several years before you’d be kid/custody free and probably wouldn’t be able to manage regular trips to see each other. Best to let it go and find someone who had everything they need with you and has no plans of going anywhere without you and your kids

2 Likes

Everyone saying leave now and he isn’t invested in you or your kids. What if this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him? What if it’s his lifelong dream? Maybe the fact he is considering staying is you. We don’t know the full story here.
I say support him no matter what he decides and be prepared for the worst. Talk through everything together. Communication and compassion are really key.

7 Likes

Split for sure. If he is considering moving where he knows you can’t go he doesn’t care that much about you. Cut your losses.

3 Likes

If he’s willing to leave you, leave him first.

4 Likes

If he’s considering it, then he’s already made up his mind about your relationship.

5 Likes

Yes … relationship is over. He knows exactly what moving across country would mean. Sorry to be so blunt …but he was too chicken sh - - t to break up like a man . You are absolutely on track … No Man is worth giving up your children. But on another note… you might meet someone , get married and circumstances prevail for you to have to move out of state maybe. Then you would have to go back to court and work out a different custody plan.

1 Like

Let him leave you will be better off !! Waste of your time.

2 Likes

Depends on the situation. We raise our daughters to never settle, always chase their dreams, and not let anything hold them back. If it’s meant to be, it will be and you guys will find a way to make it work.

If this is what he’s contemplating, then why is his momma so wrong for raising him the way we strive to raise our daughters?

Ain’t no double standards in my house…I’m raising both.

5 Likes

Honestly, if he really loved you, moving wouldn’t even be a consideration on his part. I’m so sorry… I know it’s so hard to fathom because you’ve invested two years with someone you obviously saw a bright future with. Some people are only out for themselves, and it’s obvious he wants to cut ties but doesn’t want to look like the bad guy so he is looking for an easier way out of the relationship – this must be it. Let him go…

3 Likes

I mean I have a few questions. How serious are y’all? Are you willing to stay together until he knows what he’s going to do? Personally if I wasn’t in love with him and all I would call it off now. I mean why’s he leaving? Is he not wanting to be with u?

2 Likes

If the guy is ever thinking about moving then he is not in a committed relationship. Anyone that’s in love don’t just decide that they want to move away. It’s your choice but I would definitely back away. Big red flag

8 Likes

Guess you won’t be seeing him anymore then. 🤷

3 Likes

Split. If he can give you up that easily he don’t deserve you or your kids.

7 Likes

If he doesn’t love you enough to never consider leaving you, do you really want it for life?

3 Likes

Why wait, and put yourself through that. Piss him off now, and save yourself even more heartache. If after 2 years he’s not considering and including you and your family in his future, I’d be asking why is he still hanging around. He obviously isn’t putting you and your family first.

If this is a once in a life time opportunity you have to let him go explore it. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you or consider your situation. Should your situation stop him from pursuing something he has always wanted (if that’s the case)? It would be hard for me, but if it was my dream, I would not let anyone hold me back from it. And I say this because I am kind of in the same situation. I have a dream that might almost be accomplished and it may be the cause of my breakup because my partner wouldn’t be okay with it. However, I refuse to turn it down for him or anyone.

2 Likes

But what’s the reason he’s considering it for? We shouldn’t jump to “leave him he’s not worth it”… He might be chasing a dream. Don’t ever stand in anyone’s way of that. Too many people end up sad because something or someone squashed their dreams.

6 Likes

Wish him well and move on with your life. He’s not serious about you if he does not consider you and your children.

2 Likes

Wait it out just to see what he chooses but if he’ll even consider leaving you like that it’s obviously over

Split now! He clearly has plans you’re not a part of.

1 Like

Talk to him! It’s not all or nothing. He hasn’t made up his mind yet and is giving you a heads up so you can both think about it. How old are your kids? Could you have a long distance relationship for a while until they’re grown? Is he moving for work to be a better provider? If he gets a job and later has the opportunity to work remotely, could he move back? If he finds out he doesn’t like it or the job doesn’t work out would he come back or stay there?

Discuss possibilities first, and talk with him about what comes next, whether it’s stay together, see what happens or a breakup. Why does he want to move? Could he find what he’s looking for closer to home?

The knee-jerk reactions suggested here seem pretty immature. Talk to each other like grown ups and tell him calmly how the situation makes you feel, your hopes and fears. Does he view your relationship more casually than you do? How does he feel about your children?

2 Likes

Byeeee Felicia🖐that’s stupid

1 Like

Byeeee :raising_hand_woman:t3::raising_hand_woman:t3::raising_hand_woman:t3::raising_hand_woman:t3:

2 Likes

I honestly just went thru something like this. I had decided not to move cause I wanted to be with him and make a life together but before I had a chance to tell my boyfriend he broke up with me. I prefer to have these type of conversations in person and I got dumped via text. And yes I had dreams that I wanted to follow but was giving them up cause I wanted him as well and now I have neither. So please know for certain if he is leaving or not.

2 Likes

Id split now he’s telling you nicely there is no future there’s prob no move at all that’s just what he’s going with

2 Likes

If that whatt he wants fine. But your kids are first no matter what. Your kids come before any man. And if he wants to put you in that situation. Then he don’t love you enough. To stay

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. The man I am seeing told me he is moving across country: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Might aswell, if he considered your relationship as a serious one, a move knowing you can’t go because of your kids wouldn’t be on the cards. Fact. So I would just say to him very bluntly are you staying around or not, because I don’t want to waste my time, energy and love of your defiantly going! Just put it on his toes but if that was me he’d be gone, only seems like he’s thinking of himself to be fair :woman_shrugging:t2: xx

11 Likes

Let him know youll make the decision easier for him and break it off, if youve been with someone for 2 years why would you even move away so far without them

4 Likes

No man on this earth is worth giving your children up stay strong and move on without him he should never have given you that choice between him and your children show him the door…

3 Likes

I think it’s clear he doesnt want to be with you or he wouldnt even be considering this move. I’d say the relationship is already over, sorry hun x

1 Like

Sounds like a narcissistic manipulator to me, why would any human expect you to choose him over your kids if he loved you, to even consider it speaks volumes to me, hes already got his hooks in, please get rid of him…

2 Likes

Throw him in the bin if he cared about you or your kids he wouldn’t consider a move like that

1 Like

Wait it out enjoy your time and send him off with love, if it’s meant to be he’ll come back if not you’ll find someone better

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. The man I am seeing told me he is moving across country: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I say if he takes the job, split. Obviously you aren’t as important to him as he is to you. Obviously you’ve made it clear you won’t leave your children, nor should he expect you to.

3 Likes

Have you guys discussed marriage? Is your relationship headed in that direction? This move may be a great opportunity for him and unfortunately it might mean things change in your relationship. I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to say he hasn’t considered you since he mentioned it to you. I’m sure he knows and understands your situation but it shouldn’t keep him for an opportunity either. He isn’t the one who has a custody agreement to consider.

15 Likes

That sounds like your an option to him….sweet let him go… my daddy always said when a man loves you princess he makes you his Queen not an option

16 Likes

Split, since he’s not taking into consideration you or your kids in the equation.
You said it yourself no man is worth leaving your kids? So think of it this way, he should be saying the same about you. No woman is worth leaving if she can’t come. Ditch him. Focus on yourself

189 Likes

Why is he leaving? Sounds like he is not very invested in the relationship if he is just going to go for no real reason (like a big job opportunity) knowing there is no way you can join him (if he has even proposed the idea of you coming, maybe he is planning to break up if he goes? Which says even more about the relationship )

11 Likes

If he’s willing to leave, even just considering moving across the country what more do you need to know? Why is this even a question? It’s obvious he’s not that into the relationship and you’re not that important to him. That should tell you all you need to know. Why wait around for him to make the decision for you? Time to say goodbye.

29 Likes

Doesn’t seem like he thinks it’s going to go anywhere, so time to cut your loses.

9 Likes

Split I think. He’s thinking about only himself at this point, especially if he knows you can’t come.

5 Likes

Wait it out. He may be “testing” you to see how you react. Child psychology (big kid) just let it work itself out and be prepared no matter what happens

2 Likes

I feel he’s telling you what he’s got on his mind…its hard to walk into the lives of a woman and children. Its hard to make a final decision to say I’m in it to win it. There are some questions I have but he may be feeling like he can’t be who you need. I would try to be his friend at this point. Not breakup but help him figure out what’s his bigger picture and what’s yours. Good luck! Love hugs and prayers! :kissing_heart::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Split. He’s only thinking of his future not your guys future

9 Likes

If he told you ahead of time and he said he’s just considering it I think he’s thinking about if you guys are serious enough for him not to take it and if you would tell him to take it or not.If he didn’t consider you or your kids he wouldn’t have said anything at all or maybe not til the last minute.He could have done that but he didn’t he talk to you about it.Did you tell him you didn’t want him to go?Did you tell him he should go?If you love this man and want to be with him forever like as to marrying him then tell him so tell him how you truly feel honestly no lies no games.If you don’t want that then tell him that as well so he knows.Dont just say and do nothing because then he will think you don’t care and don’t want him to stay and he will move and then you will regret it.

10 Likes

Honestly if he already knows your circumstances you already know what to do. For any man to expect you to choose him over your children it’s already over in my opinion

9 Likes

Nope. To me that says he doesn’t value the relationship no sense in dragging it out when its going to end anyway. I know it’s hard but I’d move on

5 Likes

Time to split ways. Even if he doesn’t go right now you obviously both are on different paths

7 Likes

Your babies are more important than a relationship, obviously he ain’t thinking of your children. But it’s your choice Lady, make the right one,

1 Like

I’d split obviously he’d be willing to leave you and your kids, y’all deserve better.

51 Likes

Split now… If he’s considering moving away from you he doesn’t care about you… Good luck!

25 Likes

Only you can decide what this means. How serious is this relationship, would you continue a long distance relationship, is this just a casual thing between you two? If it’s casual, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying it while it lasts. I’m surprised so many people are saying to get rid of him now when they don’t even know how serious the relationship is.

9 Likes

Thats a nice way of saying “yeah, I’m not wanting this relationship, but I’m too much of a coward to directly say it.”

21 Likes

The fact that he’s even considering it knowing your situation won’t change, shows he doesn’t have both feet in this reason. I wouldn’t waste more time in this relationship.

4 Likes

Split.
You can’t move and he wants too. No sense in wasting time with someone you cannot grow with.
It will be hard but sometimes the hardest choices we make especially walking away from someone we love can open up our lives in way we never knew we’re possible :slightly_smiling_face:

Can he not hang on until your kids are older?

8 Likes

WHY is he moving? Job? Is there no jobs where you’re at? Does he have children where he’s moving to? A dying grandma or parent? If he’s just moving to go, cut your losses but if he’s going for a specific reason that’s worth discussing, maybe you should talk about it and see where you both stand with the move.

14 Likes

Tell him how you feel about it and have a conversation. Then you’ll know :woman_shrugging:t2:. The world of text messages and social media has gotten out of hand to where people feel uncomfortable having an actual conversation. I’m only 34 so don’t think this is coming from someone ‘that old’ but I’m seeing it more and more everyday. Get uncomfortable. Put yourself out there.

9 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: if he already knows u can’t come 1. He doesn’t think the relationship is that serious or he’s done with it maybe? 2. He expects you to just leave your kids for him and he ain’t :poop: if he is thinking that way.

6 Likes

I’d split and cut whatever loss you think you have. It doesn’t sound like he’s giving you any room in his future if he’s already considering the move. Save yourself any added heartache and please know that whatever time you invested in him, the right one will invest that much more into you​:heart::pray: Prayers going up for you.

3 Likes

If he cared about you and your kids like you would think he would after 2 years of relationship, he wouldn’t “be considering it”.
Moving means leaving you all behind… he doesn’t see this relationship long term or seriously if he is willing to do that.

4 Likes

He is not the man for you. Let him go

9 Likes

I guess it depends how deep into a relationship you are? Not living together yet? Then he has a right to pick and choose what he’d like to do, if it’s a big job opportunity, closer to family for him etc then he has the right to consider it.
Sometimes love isn’t all people need & want. He has spoken to you about it obviously to get your opinion. Talk it out and go from there.
If he really wants to move then you can try long distance or split.

2 Likes

If he’s considering moving knowing you can’t follow, I’d say he’s hinting that things are over …

5 Likes

I was in a long distance relationship for two years (Hawaii/Michigan) and we made it work. We had only known each other for a couple months before he had to leave for a new job after graduating college and almost 3 years in & we’ve been living together for 6 months & it’s been absolutely amazing! For us the distance made our communication sooo strong and its helped us work through all the things we have trouble with! Follow your heart, make sure you and him are on the same page, and do what feels right. It’s a lot of hurt and a lot of lonely days and nights but for me (at least) it was completely worth it and I wouldn’t change what we had to go through for anything.

3 Likes

Depends, what is his reasoning? Is it an amazing opportunity and/or job that could potentially make his dreams come true? Or is he moving just because he wants to? I feel like we’re missing important facts here. Yes, you should be a top priority in his life but how fair would it be for you to make him give up an important dream? Just because he is considering it, doesn’t mean he’ll do it. He’s probably still weighing his pros and cons. You should do the same.

3 Likes

To the curb he goes… who says that after 2 years…

5 Likes

I would split. You have been together for 2 years, he should be considerate of your situation.

2 Likes

You are NOT in a relationship with that man. You might be his friend with benefits, his sexual partner but he is not in a relationship with you.

First, if the thought occurred there should have been a discussion with you.

Second, once he had the thought, knowing you couldn’t go, and thinking about it with further explanation you have to translate that into you are not part of his circle.

Dump him. Focus on your kids!

1 Like

If he is even considering it, I would be done. I’m not going to be treated like an after thought.

2 Likes

I’d split. I mean, he’s not taking you into consideration.

2 Likes

A man is not worth leaving your kids behind for. Kids come 1st.

4 Likes

Why is he considering moving though. A job? Family? Just because he wants to move? Is he worth having the conversation? You have to do what you feel is right, but there is a lot of missing information here for me to say without a doubt I’d break up now. I guess I also think about it differently because my husband is in the military and we don’t get much of a say in where and when we move.

1 Like

Split. It doesn’t sound like he takes you’re thoughts and feelings into consideration.

1 Like

Split. Especially since kids are involved. That’s not cool and he should understand and respect that.

2 Likes

Walk away if he knows your situation and still thought of leaving then he isn’t worth your time in my opinion.

2 Likes

Depends… is he moving for a job? Or just because? Everyone is so quick to say split but I don’t know if I would be so quick to say that. Is it permanent?

2 Likes

Split there’s no use of dragging it on if he moving knowing you can’t go.

1 Like

If He would even consider moving knowing that you can’t come with him then he doesn’t care about you very much I would say.

2 Likes

If he needs to go then let him go.
It sucks, but there is no need to stress about it too much.
If he decides that you mean so much to him that he must stay then that is great!! If not, then he wasn’t worth your time.

You only have one life, why waste it on someone who doesn’t value you, your time, your life, or your children? You deserve better for you and your kids. Know your worth, than tax the hell out of it. Life is too short for this nonsense. :heart:

Let him go. If he was that invested in you, he wouldn’t consider leaving in the first place. He knows u can’t leave. Sound’s like he’s already half left the relationship and other half is contemplating if you’re good enough. You are more than good enough.

He isn’t just picking up and moving, he is trying to talk to you about it. Idk, I’ve had to do long distance and I guess I just don’t see it as deal breaker. If you do, then absolutely let him know you don’t want a long distance relationship and you can’t go because of the kids. Is it in your custody agreement you can’t move? I live 3hrs away, we make it work. But it is the same state tbf

1 Like

If he is “considering” moving across the country and knows you cannot come I would tell him, " considering your consideration, I am no longer considering us as being in a relationship" I would not accept that and would no longer feel close to someone who would do that.

It really depends why he’s leaving. If its a good reason wait, if not then leave. Either way have a conversation with him about it so everybody is on the same page

1 Like

Where do u live that a judge would tell u u couldn’t live where u wanted to I’ve never heard of such so I’m not sure whats really going on here to answer this I mean maybe he is tryn to say he’s ready to move on without u is it for a job sumthn specific or is he just wanting to move away :thinking::thinking: idk tho I just feel like there’s way more to this story then what we’re getting here

My mom did this to me and my sister. And it was devastating. At least she moved back after 8 months bc he cheated on her. She was young and I’ve never faulted her. She planned on having us move there eventually, but that never came to pass. My dad kept telling me it would never happen which made it even worse. I was only 10 but I needed her at that time. It still hurts to think about. Think about the babies. It will hurt them as much as you if not a whole lot more

Split… he sounds selfish… your children come before anything

Honestly, if a guy told me he may be moving across country and I knew it meant an end to the relationship (for me), I’m not sure I could pretend to be happy in that relationship any longer and would try and make a clean break. Whether he moves or not wouldn’t really matter to me at that point because you could ride it out and see if he is actually gonna move… but you’ll always be wondering what his decision is and may invest yourself more into that person or you may pull away and the relationship may fizzle out…
I’d sit down and have an open and honest conversation with him. Why is he planning on moving? Is it for a job/career opportunity? Is his family a factor? Does he want to explore other states and travel? Or is he really looking for an out in the relationship? You’ve gotta get to the core of the issue. Permanent or temporary relocation? Just some things to think about and to get clarity. If he isn’t happy where he’s at in life right now, he deserves to be able to find that happiness even if it is apart from you. I’d never ask someone to stick around for me if they were unhappy with where their life is and genuinely feel they can find happiness on their new journey.

He’s not 100% committed to you, cut the cord let him go. You deserve better.

Split since he’s considering leaving you after two years together. He’s not fully invested in your relationships.