Things feel different

I've been with my husband for 8.5 years, married 5. I always felt like we were great, until tonight. Tonight jokingly I called him a miserable old fart, to which he then called me an old bike. Literally I didn't know what to say and even when tearing up, he could see he had upset me ain't wasn't bothered.

Seriously though, not something you would ever say to anyone - especially your wife. I don’t understand where that comment came from, or why. It was our anniversary yesterday, and we had a lovely meal, and as always, get home and he’s “too tired”. Being fair to him, he does work 6 days a week, but I work equally as hard. Things just feel different. I feel upset, and totally hurt that that would say that. I would really appreciate opinions on this!! Thanks

389 Likes

No sympathy from me. You called him names, if you cant take the comeback, dont dish it out.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Things feel different - Mamas Uncut

Don’t dish it if you can’t take it.:woman_shrugging: He probably didn’t mean it like you didn’t so I’m confused

1 Like

You called him a miserable old fart first don’t say it if you can’t take it :woman_shrugging:t2:

34 Likes

I mean you called him a name so he took a shot back 🤷 why is it ok for you but not him men have feelings too

38 Likes

His feelings are valid too

13 Likes

Maybe he was just as hurt by your comment? Hence not feeling bad when he saw you upset, perhaps he was holding back his own tears so to speak.

27 Likes

Maybe he was jokingly calling you that as you did him. :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

You reap what you sow. Don’t say things if you cant handle the comeback.

13 Likes

You called him a old fart first so stop being a nagging old bike.

30 Likes

What does an old Bike mean? Does it mean something different? My husband has called me worse stuff. Lol… especially when I call him something first. Talk to him, probably a huge misunderstanding. Apologize, you said something first…

19 Likes

But you call him something worse honestly! If you can’t take it then you honestly shouldn’t try and dish it out

7 Likes

Uh you dished it lmao he was responding. He was probably joking just as much as you were… women for some reason take so much to heart lol

4 Likes

Uhh did you not call him a name first… you wrote all that and expecting sympathy when you posted it. Stop calling names, when you can’t handle it when someone calls you something back. We’re not kids anymore. You say something to someone they have a right to say something to you…

4 Likes

How you going to be upset when he calls you something😂 don’t say stuff if you can’t take it yourself

6 Likes

You started it. Sorry but don’t really feel that bad for you, don’t make jokes if you can’t take them

7 Likes

You got to him by calling him that in the first place and he said something back ? What do you expect :confounded:

4 Likes

Never heard the saying old bike. Don’t give that phrase a second thought - y’all were clearly joking around.

So you can joke but he can’t ?

7 Likes

“I called him a name first and he spat it back. Booohooo my feewings” :woman_facepalming:t2:

He couldve said old hag but ya know. He was nice :rofl:

19 Likes

it really depends on what he means by old bike tbh, where im from the term ‘bike’ when referring to a woman is a woman that sleeps around so yeah id be hurt if my partner called me that BUT i dont know what he means by it so if it was just a joke like you called him id just leave it at that or just ask him what he meant🤷‍♀️

5 Likes

So I googled to see if that was a slang, I couldnt find anything. Lol but I would take this as your just not good in bed anymore or hes ready for something new! Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I mean my fiancé will say we are both happy, both getting fat together, both enjoying good meals​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: sometimes it’ll bother me like did you just call me fat? But then I realise he also called himself fat and we still love each other the same.

But you did say a joke first :woman_shrugging: if you can’t handle being called a name or something, don’t say one first.

16 Likes

Pot, meet kettle…… don’t dish out what you’re not willing to take. :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

You called him an old fart tho?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You called him an old fart thats worse then a old bike. Old bike is better than old lady or fat ass!

My momma always told me…if you can’t take it don’t dish it! He probably would have never called you that if you didn’t start the name calling.

7 Likes

So basically he said you’re used. Hmm that’s how I’d take it. But like others said you did call him a name first. But maybe that’s how he feels and that’s how you really feel.So that’s how y’all feel about each other so of course things feel different.

4 Likes

Oh ffs :woman_facepalming:
Grow the hell up.

6 Likes

Bless your heart you’d never survive my marriage… We call each other whore (pronounced, HOE er) as a term of endearment :kissing_heart:. A middle finger from across the room means, I love you hunny :fu::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. And calling him a silly slut before he leaves the house means, you look nice today :face_with_monocle::smirk:. Try not to let it bother you sweetheart, it’s all fun and games…

What’s sad it was yalls anniversary you went off and called him an old miserable fart just cause he was “too tired” life too short tomorrow not promise

3 Likes

Ummm what? Maybe don’t be a hypocrite

2 Likes

Iam sorry but you shouldn’t say what you said to your husbend , you might though it was a joke but words hurt worst then a bruise, sounds like your both working alot of hours and stress is in high gear. apologize to your husband .

2 Likes

Are you serious :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

I’m confused by this. I mean my husband and I call each other names if we’re acting a certain way. But never hurts anyone’s feelings. I guess don’t call him names if you don’t want to be called one too.

Treat people the way you want to be treated…js…

3 Likes

:joy::joy: I would have said something wayyyyy worse and hurt his lil feelings :woman_shrugging:t4: play with your mammy and Not with me :relieved:

2 Likes

You did call him a old fart js🤷‍♀️

Girl leave that man alone because you obviously can’t take no heat…

6 Likes

My husband called me a ferret fucker last night. We always insult each other in an endearing way. I am sure your husband didn’t mean it in a nasty way.

Keep the name calling out of the relationship

2 Likes

Goes both ways. Don’t give comments if u can’t take them😂🤷♥️

1 Like

:joy: so you can call him names, but if he does it to you it’s wrong? Old bike :joy::joy: you wanna hear what me & my husband call each other :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

9 Likes

Why are you calling each other outside of your names (either given or nicknames) in the first place? “Play around” some other way.

He maybe just trying to talk ditty to you :tipping_hand_woman:
My ex would walk past me and slap me across the butt and say you s**t.
I mean the only thing I would Have taken offence to is the part where he called you old :yum:

Thats tame to what my partner and me call eachother :see_no_evil::see_no_evil: you can’t call him names and get upset when he calls you 1 … are ya 4​:face_with_monocle::woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Omg ….you called him a name

Sounds like you can dish it out but can’t take it🤷🏽‍♀️

7 Likes

Oh ffs :laughing: are you serious??

1 Like

Takes one to know one :woman_shrugging:t2:
You said it first…

1 Like

After this many years of being married you’re both in your comfort zone The honeymoon flame is burnt out you need to find a way to put the spark back in your marriage.

1 Like

Wow… Quite the hypocrisy. Are you just looking for drama?

1 Like

My kids dad (not my husband) and I are friends. He’s almost 5 years older than me. We joke around I say he robbed the cradle and he says I robbed the grave :joy:
It’s all in good fun… we joke around a lot. My husband and I do too…

3 Likes

I’ll admit, I myself can be very childish and petty but OMG this literally is the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen! If you can dish it out, be ready to take it. In my opinion, you started it and honestly just like you were playing around, I’m sure he was too Bc he could have called you way worse!

I mean you called him a miserable old fart :woman_shrugging:t2:
So why get upset he called you an old bike? This is petty LET IT GO!!

22 Likes

You called him a miserable old fart and got upset because he called you a name back?
Are you foreals right now?

8 Likes

If you can’t take it, don’t dish it🤷🏻‍♀️

10 Likes

But you called him something first LMAOOO

2 Likes

Girl you asked for it

1 Like

Ur being overly sensitive…u started it lol

4 Likes

He matched your energy and you are mad?!?! :thinking: You get what you give! :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

16 Likes

so you called him a mean name he said it back and you got mad

5 Likes

Turn-a-bout is fair play

1 Like

So you can Crack a joke but when he does you play victim?

2 Likes

I think you are taking it a little to serious, you teased him, he teased you back. You’d probably be in shock if you heard me and my hubby and our playful banter. We’ve been together 21 years been married 19. I think you need to chill out a little. If you are that upset, ask him why he said that.

1 Like

Don’t joke with him if you can’t handle being joked with.

7 Likes

I take an “old bike” as once you get on it, you never forget how to ride it”
Girl make his bike ride worth remembering!

17 Likes

We call each other worse things than that… as a joke and laugh about it. We are best friends as well as lovers. If you can’t take a joke then you shouldn’t be calling him things like that either :woman_shrugging:t3:.

When you work a lot and have kids… you do get tired… talk about it with him rather than let it fester x

20 Likes

Marriage is important, work on it, nurture your relationship, make him know that he is important to you :heavy_heart_exclamation:.

1 Like

Ffs, you can’t be serious! If you’re going to jokingly call names, he has every right to do so as well!!! Don’t be so dramatic, acting all victimized. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

9 Likes

He didn’t mean to hurt you. :heart:

Life’s to short… in my opinion yall were in a joking moment so I wouldn’t take offense to it at all. I would of been spitting a better come back seconds after his comment.:woman_shrugging:

Wait you called him a name first. He dished it back.
Did you admit you was wrong?

8 Likes

Grow up because you started it if you can’t take it then don’t start it

5 Likes

You started it :woman_shrugging:t3:

Sooooo you called him a hurtful name and expect him to coddle you…in other words you can dish it but cant take it…got it

12 Likes

Sounds Ike to me it was meant as a joke…I joke with my man all time so does he with me…he was teasing u after u teased him…so why would it bother u…laugh its joking around…why didn’t u jump on him tell him u show him old bike give it to him wildly…ha ha just saying u could have used that moment for fun in the bed…just saying don’t b so offensive

He likely felt the same way you did.
You said it jokingly but it hurt so he lashed out. Anger or meanness is a cover emotion and most times it’s to cover pain.

2 Likes

Don’t give a lick if you can’t take a lick.

7 Likes

I honestly think he was giving back the old joke.

1 Like

Do u know how many men love and appreciate a good old bike?

1 Like

My opinion is you called him an old fart and he didn’t think it was a cute joke, so….

3 Likes

Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it!

5 Likes

Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it :joy::woman_shrugging:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Everybody has feelings

I would have laughed and said maybe old bike but you’re still ridding it, but I’m a smart ass. :laughing: this wouldn’t bother me. You dish it you better be able to take it.

I am confused as to how you are confused. “I don’t understand where that comment came from” … what??

6 Likes

You called a name first, but then get all “offended” when he does the same thing to you? If you call him a name it’s a “joke”, but when he does it to you it’s “hurtful”? Damn girl, first off, that’s being hypocritical, and secondly, stop being such a Debbie Downer!

That’s the only name he’s called you in 8.5 years? Hang on to him

2 Likes

You went from loving each other to being friends in the marriage. Try to find the spark again & make time for each other.
I wouldn’t appreciate being called old bike knowing what it means it is hurtful but you probably hurt his feelings to :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Don’t bother with him the old fart like riding the old bilke🤪

1 Like

Mine called me a cum guzzling gutter slut!! I called him the after birth of a lesbian cluster fuck! (All jokes) can’t take it, don’t dish it out lol

Wow.!!! SOME CAN DISH IT OUT .BUT CANT TAKE IT

1 Like

You know men have feelings too?

So he did the exact same thing to you that you did to him.Sounded like yall were just joking around but your feelings got hurt…

5 Likes

So you can call him names but he can’t call you names? “I don’t know where that comment came from”?! Seriously. You called him a name and you don’t know why he called you one?

1 Like

I’m sorry. I’m confused. You called him a miserable old fart FIRST, he called you something in return… and you’re the one who’s hurt? You started it! :roll_eyes: You’re one of those people who can dish it out but can’t take it in return. If you don’t wanna be called names, don’t call other people names… you know, the whole “do unto others”… :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

So let me get this clear. You can DISH it, but can’t TAKE it?!?! :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

Did he call you a bike or a bi**h…cause your probably the second one…:upside_down_face:

4 Likes