Things feel different

This has got to be a joke

You started itā€¦take your lumpsā€¦

Maybe ā€¦ dontā€¦ call him names :woman_shrugging:
You prolly embarrassed him and he lashed out the way embarrassed ppl will (not that itā€™s ok to lash out) but clearly he has some feelings too

1 Like

You literally started the name calling now youā€™re butt hurt because he retaliated :rofl::rofl: youā€™re to much bro.

You called him miserable and old then got upset when u he said something. You maybe hurt his feelings too and heā€™s possibly now talking to his friends cause u said he was miserable

3 Likes

Whatā€™s it mean to be called an old bike?

3 Likes

The AUDACITY! You started it first by calling him names but God forbid he says anything to you because your feelings get hurt immediately. So itā€™s okay to say things to your partner and you expect him to be okay with it but soon as that same energy is given back to you itā€™s a problem? Men have feelings to you know? You canā€™t go around calling people names and not expect them to say anything back to you. What you said to him was way worse than what he said to you. Canā€™t believe you want to throw a tantrum over what he said when you started it first. The audacity :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

You called him a name - he called you one. Get over it

3 Likes

Uhhhmmmmmā€¦. Iā€™m confused and feel like this is a troll post :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: hours you going to get mad he said something back that was basically what you saidā€¦.

3 Likes

You insulted him and got mad when he gave it back?!?!

His comment came from your comment :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

So you can joke but he canā€™t? If you want to miserable just tell him that so he can choose if he wants to be miserable too.

Like how old are you?
You call him a name and then when he returns fire your feelings are hurt.
Girl all this time and your gonna be upset over a snide remark that you instigated.

Pull up those big girl panties and stop pouting.
Do unto others as you would like done unto you!!

5 Likes

Hereā€™s the thing:
Believe it or notā€¦men have feelings too.
Maybe you insulted him as a joke, but maybe to him it didnā€™t feel like one.
How often do you make those kinds of ā€œjokesā€? What about some of the other jokes about men/dadā€™s that women seem to find funny? What about memes you share on social media? How much complaining do you do to your friends or in Facebook groups?
This isnā€™t even touching on any other hurtful behavior that you could be exhibiting just because society has normalized it doesnā€™t necessarily make it ok.
So if this is a common occurrence with you, then I would hazard a guess that youā€™re part of the reason things may have changed. Itā€™s hard to stay attracted and in love with someone who is always putting you downā€¦and after a certain point jokes donā€™t feel like jokes.

So yeah. He said something back. Your feelings are hurt.
Now you have a small dose of how he feels.
From this point on before you say or do something take a second to think about how you would feel if he did it to you.
And beyond thatā€¦What are you going to do to fix things?

13 Likes

He didnā€™t take it jokingly. Just like you didnā€™t. Pray about it and apologize whether he does or not.

Donā€™t call him names and expect him not to call you anything back.:woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Do on to others as you would want done to you.

5 Likes

You probably hit a nerve and hurt his feelings so he retaliated.

2 Likes

Please tell me this is s joke

2 Likes

So you can dish out the ā€œjokesā€ but canā€™t take itā€¦ Got it.

2 Likes

You mean you hurt his feelings first, then got upset he made a comment back? Donā€™t dish it out if you canā€™t take it. Lol

3 Likes

An old bike? I donā€™t get it, and it certainly feels less offensive than miserable old fart. Iā€™d say get over it friend. It may have hurt your feelings but it sounds like you hurt his as well and then things just went south. Thatā€™s why it felt off, it was off. Apologize and move on.

11 Likes

Donā€™t dish it out if you canā€™t handle it lol

3 Likes

Sounds to me like you probably started that one ā€¦so suck it up

I know this may be shocking to hearā€¦ butā€¦ believe it or notā€¦ MEN HAVE FEELINGS TO :hushed::astonished::flushed:

but seriously if you can dish out name calling expect it back. Might of been a ā€œjokeā€ to you but what you said probably hurt heā€™s ego

3 Likes

No offenseā€¦ but donā€™t call names if you canā€™t handle it being thrown back. He couldā€™ve been joking just like you but then saw you getting upset and that probably just made him mad that you expected him to be a sport about your joke but you wernt being one for his. Just like in Kindergarten, if you donā€™t have anything nice to say, donā€™t say it at all

3 Likes

You literally called him a miserable old fart and your mad because he said something in return? Donā€™t dish it if you canā€™t take it. :woman_facepalming:t3:

15 Likes
2 Likes

You called him a miserable old fartā€¦ I find that more offensive than an old bike :woman_shrugging:t3: maybe I missing something here but donā€™t call him names if you donā€™t want to be called names. Hurt people hurt people. You called him something and he called you somethingā€¦ childish? Yes! But so is name calling.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s a old bike? :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Dear Godā€¦.the more of these posts read on this page, the more I canā€™t stand how women these days think and act.

Donā€™t joke with him if you donā€™t want him to joke back!

10 Likes

Not so funny nowā€¦huh

4 Likes

You insulted him first and yet your upset that he responded?

3 Likes

You literally called him something as a joke and he did it back. You reap what you sow :woman_shrugging: stop being upset if you went ahead and did the same thingā€¦firstā€¦

2 Likes

I mean if you can dish it outā€¦. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Seems to me like he took your joke, and raised you his joke and you couldnā€™t take the bants. :joy:

3 Likes

You dish it out you should be able to take it back šŸ¤·

5 Likes

Wellā€¦ how do u think he felt calling him a miserable old fartā€¦ u deserved it tell him your sorry and get over it.

3 Likes

So you can call him a name, but he canā€™t do it in return? Okay. :grimacing:

6 Likes

She called him an old fart jokingly, because it was their anniversary and she wanted to be intimate. Itā€™s not offensive, but if he was offended he could have at least matched the insult. If anyone on here knows what ā€œan old bikeā€ meansā€¦ thatā€™s a bullshit thing to say. Especially to your wife.

So youā€™re telling usā€¦ YOU are the miserable old fart and you canā€™t take a joke? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Honestly though, you canā€™t throw banter at someone and not expect some back.

10 Likes

Did you consider his feelings were hurt that you called him names???

10 Likes

I canā€™t tell if this is supposed to be a joke or not. If it isnā€™t, get over yourself. If it is a joke :joy::joy::joy: perfectly formated :ok_hand:

3 Likes

so, it was alright to call him a old fart, but when he came back at you with a name, that bothers you,??? Donā€™t you think, just maybe, what you called him, really bothered him??? Get over it, apologize to him & tell him you really didnā€™t mean it and maybe give him a rose, one rose, as you are saying this & see what he comes back with

5 Likes

:woozy_face: you called him a name first. Donā€™t get upset when he ā€œjokesā€ back.

8 Likes

What did you hope to gain on asking people you donā€™t know for advice on your relationship? I am always baffled by people who put up their private lives for the general public to tear apart.

2 Likes

He wasnā€™t bothered because it was a joke and you were taking things way to seriously drama momma.

3 Likes

Ahhhhhā€¦I was always told donā€™t dish it out if you canā€™t take it. :wink::sweat_smile:

Why can you joke around and call him names, but he canā€™t?

6 Likes

I think your comment was more hurtful than his! I feel like this is a troll postā€¦you got meā€¦.

1 Like

I mean are you seriously kidding you insulted the man 1st and you expect him not to jab back

2 Likes

So you called him something and then got mad when he called you something back ?
Bit entitled much ?

1 Like

I think I may be the only one to get it here that you said something a lot less offensive and jokingly and his reply was a lot more angry and mean spirited.

10 Likes

If you give out a joke be prepare to recieve one.wow

8 Likes

Mmm you started it I f my husband who. Is a misrable old man called me a n old bike Iā€™d love it he loves old bikes he once called me a dumpling I took offence he said donā€™t know what your problem is but I love dumplings Iā€™m like AWƗWWAWWW

Donā€™t cast the first šŸŖØ. Or in other teams donā€™t start shit if you canā€™t handle it back. :woman_shrugging:t3: Men have feelings too.

Iā€™m pretty sure he didnā€™t call her an old bikeā€¦ it was probably an old B**** and thatā€™s why sheā€™s upset. He took it too far.

3 Likes

So, donā€™t call him names if he canā€™t literally say the exact same to you.

8 Likes

U r mean
U can call him a fart? Something really stinky? And he canā€™t say anything to you

2 Likes

So you can call him a name but get upset when he called you one? :roll_eyes::rofl:

5 Likes

Um you said something first?

1 Like

Can give a slagging but not take one :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Shittt we stay roasting each other :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Girl get over yourself :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Ummmm an old bikeā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

So you can call him names, but he canā€™t call you names? Did you apologize for what you said?

3 Likes

You started itā€¦ most people try n top what was saidā€¦ way sensitive I think

2 Likes

You started itā€¦silly

Donā€™t start the fire if you donā€™t want the smoke, men do not like to be called old, itā€™s a blow to their psyche

1 Like

So you can dish it but cant take it? Yeah sounds like an old bike to me :smirk:

6 Likes

There may be more to this. But I do agree with the others. You cant sit and call names and expect people to not react to it.
I hope you find out the underlying issue. You both should be able to feel happy in your relationship

4 Likes

Okay doble standard you are mean to him but canā€™t take what he says :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:get over yourself and stop been mean to that men

Well u called him anold fartā€¦wachu expect

1 Like

You sure youā€™re an adult? You started it, got your feelings hurt bc he responded the same way you did, and bam, cry baby syndrome!

6 Likes

I mean, you did call him a miserable old fart. you really shouldnā€™t call people names.

4 Likes

The problem isnā€™t him. Why did it bother you so much? Do you think of yourself in this manner? What he thinks of you or says that hurts your feelings is a reflection of him, not you. Know your worth.

3 Likes

U called him a name and that was suppose to be ok but when he returned your energy you get ā€œhurtā€. Donā€™t dish it out if you canā€™t take it. Maybe you hurt him. If this is normal behavior for you that might be why things feel different.

2 Likes

Apologise to him for your insult. Maybe this will open the path for respectful communication between the two of you minus the vulgarity. His insult seemed like an act of retaliation.

4 Likes

Not gonna lie I had to look that up to understand the reference :rofl: and ouchā€¦. :laughing: but I agree with everyone else donā€™t dish it out if ya canā€™t take it. Sounds like he was jabbing back, unless the reference is true maybe thatā€™s why youā€™re so hurt šŸ„ø

4 Likes

You started it. He basically called you something that can be repaired at least. You called him something stinky :rofl: I call my hubby an a$$hole and he calls me a count at times. Joking.

1 Like

Sounds like you can give but not takeā€¦if your going to throw comments around be prepared to get one back. Maybe hes getting sick of being on the end of your nastinessā€¦IDK

3 Likes

Wait. So you can call him names but he cant joke back and call you one???

You are being absolutely ridiculous. If you donā€™t want to jokingly be called a name then DONā€™T start it. YOU started it! :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

10 Likes

Donā€™t give it if you canā€™t take it.

1 Like

Question!! Are you pregnant!? Lol

1 Like

I had to look that one upā€¦

Did you care if he was upset or did you just think it I so funny to insult him?

3 Likes

Iā€™d rather be an old bike than an old fartā€¦just sayinā€™

4 Likes

Did you apologize for calling him a miserable, ole fart? You shouldnā€™t dish if you canā€™t take. Set the ball rolling with apologizing then you can let him know how you felt about his response and you both can decide the parameters of teasing each other.

10 Likes

This is crazy, how can u even feel upset or hurt after u called him an old fart first?? Yall been together a long time and u canā€™t take a little teasing??? AFTER YOU STARTED IT LOL

5 Likes

Did you know, calling people a certain name can mean something completely different to them?
I heard someone call someone a cow one time. Where Iā€™m from, youā€™re calling them big/fat. But where she grew up, that means your stubborn/grumpy.
Maybe he took your name differently.
An apology can go a long way.

2 Likes

Is this serious? You jokingly called him a name and he called you one backā€¦ not his fault youā€™re too sensitive to take a jokeā€¦

5 Likes

Would you have rather him cal you ā€œfat and lazy?ā€ :woman_shrugging:t2:

Thatā€™s a bit dramatic of u when you started it lol wtf is this even a question u need to ask anyone? Get over yourself

6 Likes

You called him a MISERABLE OLD FART which means heā€™s an unhappy old smell, and in return you got called an old ride, and you got mad and donā€™t understand why he called you that? Seriously?! Hahahaha. Are you pregnant? Because thereā€™s no way. Omg. My husband and I, you would literally cry yourself to sleep every night (we love each other hard) if you were us if you canā€™t handle old bike. Thatā€™s all you have to worry about? Lol. Lort halfmercy. Shit isnā€™t the honeymoon phase 8.5 years later, I think youā€™re over reacting a bit. I told my husband this and we laughed and laughed and he said ā€œnow I know what to call yaā€ and then kept laughing lol

You canā€™t be serious! Read what you wrote and think about it for just a minute because clearly you didnā€™t! :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

You called him a name first

2 Likes

Is this real life?! Are you seriously posting this?! :joy::roll_eyes::woozy_face:

6 Likes

Does ā€œold bikeā€ have some double meaning Iā€™m unaware of?! You started it, by calling him names. If I did that to my husband of 17 years, heā€™d have called me an old hag right back. You canā€™t dish it out if you canā€™t take it back hun. Thatā€™s just not the way it works.

10 Likes

Waitā€¦hold onā€¦you are mad because you insulted him first and he turned around and insulted you back and now you are hurtā€¦what about how he felt FIRST!!! You started it and then couldnā€™t deal with the backlash, well you should have never said anything first. If you didnā€™t like being named called can you imagine he didnā€™t like it either šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦

7 Likes

Ouch or Amen is what I would say

Get over it, if you canā€™t do that then crawl under it. You started it Karen! :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I think the real problem here is that not once have you considered your partners feelings. Iā€™m not quite sure what an ā€œold bikeā€ is but a miserable old fart sounds worse. Maybe he was hurt by what you said. I think you need to apologize and in the future consider your own actions and your partners feelings.

12 Likes

Maybe you were just being sensitive? You did start it by calling him a name first. I mean if I called my husband a name first then he called me something after I would fully expect it.

5 Likes

Maybe treat him the way you want to be treated? Donā€™t cry when you reap what you sow

12 Likes