This girl I never met sent me a good photo of my own house: Advice?

Moved to a new state in April, and a girl from our small town added me around June, first reach out was her asking me to teach her how to make Freshies (I own a small business making them)… then it turned into her basically sending me a google map picture of where I live, yes it escalated this quickly… which, we live in a tiny town, so I tried to just brush it off… this was all on June 19th… June 22nd rolls around, she’s asking what I am doing Friday afternoon and if I’d watch her kids… mind you, we’ve never met… I said I can’t, as we did have weekend plans, 2hrs go by, and she says what about Saturday? Sorry we have weekend plans. We really did, as we closed on our house June 30th, and had stuff to get done before then. July 2nd rolls around, “I saw you today” me… where? Lol … the dollar general… oh lol, like could’ve said hello? Lol… I either didn’t see her, or didn’t recognize her… Monday, she messages me, asking if I need clothes (my sons size) no, not really, maybe find someone in need, and if nobody takes them, I’d take them. Which then led to her talking down on her step son (I thought she only had a daughter so when she asked about clothes I mentioned if she had other kids) anyways she wants to go on and on about how awful this kid is, which is really sad because I was that “step daughter” growing up, and it just hit me kinda hard…. Well now this morning I get another message asking what I am doing today, and that she’s exhausted and just needs a break/ sleep… It blows my mind she’s asking me to babysit, when she’s never met me. And showing me where I live…. I feel as if, she just wants a friend, and it’s probably all harmless… but idk… I keep thinking, I should invite her over but idk… I also, really don’t want to watch her kids, yes, that may sound rude, but I’ve had family members overuse my ability to say no when they asked, and I just don’t want to go down that path again… we both have no family here, so I get that it’s not easy. Idk what I’m really getting at, or hoping for… maybe just an outsiders point of view?

151 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. This girl I never met sent me a good photo of my own house: Advice?

Honestly sounds kinda creepy

8 Likes

If it’s happening how you’re describing.
This is crazy…single white female vibes.

9 Likes

Sounds very suspicious to me

2 Likes

Someone sends me a picture of my house who I’ve never met in person im reporting them to the authorities.

16 Likes

I would nip that in the bud asap! Maybe just stop responding to her. She will get the hint eventually…hopefully lol but that sounds really odd especially since yall have not met

4 Likes

This is really really creepy. I’d tell her you find it very odd and nicely ask her to stop contacting you. If it continues to escalate, get a restraining order against her. So creepy.

4 Likes

Thats not normal block her

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but I’ve seen way too many law/crime stories…she sounds very shady, especially wanting you to babysit her kids without even knowing you in person, trying to get you to go to her home. Could be a trap/trafficking attempt.

21 Likes

Block her! Really creepy!

2 Likes

Be straight up and tell her you don’t feel comfortable watching her kids.

Stop…responding…now…and…block…that… psycho…

3 Likes

Just tell her, you don’t babysit, EVER. I would not have her over.

2 Likes

If there are red flags flying, it’s for a reason. I’d be documenting this with the cops.

4 Likes

Maybe she suffers from a mental disorder or she’s special in some way?? Or maybe she’s using. Plz b careful.

That is red flag! Creepy! Block her and run! This is very weird from her part.

1 Like

Sounds like she’s desperate for a friend but with a side of psycho :rofl:

4 Likes

Definitely block her.

2 Likes

Just reeks of the movie Single White Female. Psycho. Run!

2 Likes

Sounds like her boundaries are a bit off. Maybe she’s on the spectrum and just trying her best to make friends. Or maybe she cray cray… idk but I wouldn’t watch her kid’s.

4 Likes

I’d be blocking her honestly.

1 Like

I watch/ follow too much crime tv/ stories. id be avoiding by all means necessary

She sounds like a stalker

1 Like

Completely block her on all platforms. If she continues to try to contact you, tell her you are reporting her to authorities. If necessary, a restraining order.

2 Likes

This behavior is very inappropriate. You need to stop engaging with her. She’ll think what she is doing is ok, unless you create boundaries.

Ummm I’d be putting up cameras if you don’t already have them and then play dead! Block her, you don’t know her, she’s not all there! I’d def be worried about her sending pics of your house! Is she going to rob you, take your kids? Harm your family? Eek!

6 Likes

Hell no do you even watch the news

Something isn’t right. I’d just tell her that I’m really busy right now. I never watched other people’s kids either. We had a downstairs neighbor that would send her 3 yr old up stairs to play.

1 Like

Tell her you are not comfortable watching her kids or even meeting her until you’ve had time to settle into your new home as a family and get used to the location in general. You want to experience these new moments as a family alone. If she can’t accept that then cut her out asap

Nothing about her sounds right. Keep your distance from her.

1 Like

Am I the only one that thinks this girl might going to a rough time and just need someone to help her so she can get a break and recharge? Yeah? Damn… maybe you did open that window to make her to think y’all could be friends or y’all were starting a friendship? I don’t know… I guess either just block her or tell her straight up that you don’t see her that same way she sees you?

No, don’t do it. She’s so needy already and it will just get worse.

1st of all don’t invite her to your house. The very fact that you have never met and she asked u to watch her kids is weird and even weirder is the fact that she tracked you on Google maps like what? she did that for what purpose? u didn’t invite her to your house, she didn’t need directions,she looked you up for what purpose? she hasn’t even met you? Hell no red flags everywhere

1 Like

I would not get involved!

2 Likes

STAY AWAY FROM HER she sounds like she could give you grief you dont need and no your not wrong for saying no to having her kids, just be up front and say youve no spare time atm

3 Likes

No, do not invite her into your life.

3 Likes

Sounds psycho and a bit obsessive to me…yet you don’t know her or you haven’t met her but she sending you pictures of your house and where you live!!! Hello is it just me or that just screams creepy! Not everyone is who they say they are over the internet!!! I cringe!!

2 Likes

Why haven’t you blocked her yet?

2 Likes

I’d report this to the police

No. Absolutely not…that’s crazy

1 Like

Avoid ALL contact!!..This is not normal! DO NOT keep her kids!

1 Like

Sounds like a stalker :eyes:

1 Like

Why didn’t she approach you in public? When she saw you at Dollar store? If she is so “friendly” and able to chat so freely online… then there shouldn’t have been a problem approaching you in a public forum in the least bit. The “I saw you at dollar store” is quite sketchy. The whole thing is REALLY throwing huge red flags… you need to stop engaging with this person. Immediately. Idk what game they think they’re playing, but this is too much suspicious activity especially for the lack of actually knowing you.

8 Likes

Nobody with a sane membrane does that. Put her on notice and install some cameras. Sounds like a weirdo.

2 Likes

I’m going to go a different way and ask for sage by chance know your husband?

1 Like

Stop all contact. This sounds too weird.

1 Like

I’ve seen this in a movie once ,it did not end well for either person

2 Likes

Tell her to fk off and she cr33py af

Personally I would avoid her. People are crazy. Her asking you to watch her kids without really know you is weird. What if she does something to her kids and then blames you for it. I don’t know. Just can’t be too careful anymore.

Stay away and be direct and tell her to please stop contacting you. This is very scary and if you invite her over she will be attached to you forever.

5 Likes

Block her she is a little off

Sounds like a stalker

Uhmmmm mam, she sent you a picture of your house! How the heck did she find where you lived​:woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

I watch too much true crime to think anything other than she’s crazy and I’d stay away from her! I’ll never understand why a parent would ask a stranger to watch their kids. :exploding_head:

7 Likes

All I need to know is, what’s a freshy?

5 Likes

She’s off her rocker. Stalker alert. I can only imagine what would happen next like a lifetime movie. But seriously drop her.

3 Likes

From an outside point of view- she sounds nuts, borderline insane. Watch your back

Cut her off that’s creepy as heck

Sounds weird and uncomfortable to me…

Go with your instincts and DON’T DO IT !!! I find myself in these situations all the time and I’m 51 years old !!! People take advantage and she should NOT be leaving her kids with a STRANGER !!!

2 Likes

No the google pic of your house was an immediate no for me. I get people are weird but that’s too much.

2 Likes

Maybe she is reaching out for help. Some people do that bc they are struggling and can’t trust anybody close to them.

1 Like

Um, shady as all hell :flushed: weird and completely complicated. Although, crazy thought, are you married, have a bf? Could he know her, somehow and not telling you?

2 Likes

no way sounds sketchy

1 Like

She sounds creepy. Why did she show you a picture of your house, though? That’s what I would be concerned about. Lol. Straight up. Do not talk to her anymore.

4 Likes

I would definitely block her…she doesn’t sounds right…who would ask a complete stranger to watch her kids…that alone is creepy…

3 Likes

Many years ago I had someone like this come into my life and I befriended her and she turned out to be bad news and her children were hellions. I’d personally stay away and like others said block her. She is stalking you. Yes she may be lonely but she has gone overboard.

4 Likes

Girl run. She sounds creepy

1 Like

I wonder if you didn’t see her or recognize her at the store because you’re being catfished by someone and they are not who they say they are. Idk I’d be very creeped out and would do background check on her to make sure she’s even real…

8 Likes

This is why I don’t have friends. What kind of weird is this? Nope she is too much in your business, trying too hard to be friendly and just stalker type. I’d definitely cool that off right quick or next she’ll be living under your stairs or something. So odd!

6 Likes

I do understand small towns too.
I really do, running into you at dollar general? Sure. I run into people ALL THE TIME dollar general. The pool. Walmart. . Even knowing what house you live in because it’s just that small? Again. I can see it.
But. But. But.
Why send you a Google image of your house? Why in the time you’ve spoken has she not mentioned her stepson before or there been proof of his existence on facebook when they have clothes for him? Why is she asking you to watch her kids? Why is she constantly asking you what you’re doing? Why didn’t she say anything to you in dollar general but rather texted you later?
It’s these questions that make me really think she may not be who she says she is and may not have the best intentions towards you or your family.
If I were you I would invest in some cameras. I would also discreetly contact the police and get their advice and take on the situation.

3 Likes

NO. No is a complete sentence

1 Like

No boundaries or respect for boundaries Red Flags !

She does not sound mentally healthy

Stay away from her. Everything you’ve said she just sounds creepy. Why show you a picture of your house? Like you don’t know where you live or what it looks like. How does she even know where you live? I think I’d have to ask her. Seems like there is more to the story on her part.

1 Like

Have you watched lifetime?

7 Likes

Redirect her to some counseling or therapy. Then, Definitely Block Her.

1 Like

Sounds like a movie from lifetime…That’s just weird. Politely tell her you don’t babysit, and your own life is challenging enough, so you need to keep your focus on your own business right now. If she keeps bugging you then get a little more aggressive in saying Noooo! That’s just So Odd🥺

1 Like

Bad vibes stay away.

Sounds like a stalker to me. I’d cut all ties and if she doesn’t leave you alone, id take it to the police. Strangers don’t ask strangers to watch her kids. And with her knowing exactly where you live would give me the creeps. Watch your back and your kids backs as well.

1 Like

You’re not very bright. Also, either very young or incredibly ignorant. Most likely both.

This is one reason why I don’t friend ppl I Don’t know personally !

I wouldn’t invite her over. And no, I wouldn’t watch her kids. This sounds really creepy. I would cut off communication immediately.

5 Likes

Hangout with her at a park or restaurant never take a stranger inside your home get to know her first and if you like the relationship invite her over but take your time she sounds like the friend who calls everyday and wants to come over all the time lol

Definitely not a normal situation in my opinion. I would be blocking her and not having any contact. Starting to sound kind of stalkerish :woman_shrugging:t2:

Sounds like she is not who she says I dunno but id get cameras and be very aware of mine and my family’s surroundings at all times

2 Likes

Seriously stay away from her. She’s nuts. Tell her she crossed a line looking up and sending you your house and she makes you uncomfortable. Then say you don’t want anymore contact. If you ghost her she might stalk you.

She may be on the spectrum or have a social disorder, it sounds like she may not know what’s socially appropriate. Rather than assuming she’s “crazy” or meaning bad, she may just be different. Be kind but firm with boundaries before assuming.

3 Likes

She’s too full on. Be careful.

1 Like

Umm you shouldn’t be inviting her over I doubt she even has kids it sounds like you got a stalker but it’s a man (even if the profile is showing a female with kids). I would definitely tell her to stop contacting you and to stop stalking you and if she doesn’t you’ll go to police department. Before you say that to her tho I suggest you screenshot EVERYTHING IN THE MESSAGES DONT SKIP ANY MESSAGES. The reason I say screenshot the messages is cause if she’s truly stalking you like you’re describing she’ll delete her messages and yes you can delete messages on messenger. But do not invite whomever this person is into your home especially since you got children

1 Like

Cut her off and block her​:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Tell her you’re sorry but you don’t baby sit anyone’s children. And that you like your Solitude at home

2 Likes

Please disengage and block her. It’s already escalated that quickly it will escalate even quicker into danger. Document everything incase you need a protective order. Don’t hesitate to get one if she continues when you block her. Keep your kids and yourself safe.

5 Likes

Stay away from her. She is too pushy.

3 Likes

Do not engage with this person. This does not sound safe! So many red flags!

8 Likes

Nope. Ive watched too many episodes of fear thy neighbor.

Get cameras and block her !

1 Like

Tell Her you’re not interested in a friendship. Stop talking to her! Block Her, :no_entry_sign: Do Not Respond. Keep any comments or communication and if she shows up at your house ask her to leave. If she doesn’t, call the police.

Sounds very strange but no dont start watchi g her kids. Think once she gets in your house you wont get rid of her…dont make friends of ppl u dont know