Thoughts on multiple baby showers?

No. I refuse to go to a second one or third.
I’m old fashioned and you only do it for the 1st. Unless the second is a different gender then maybe something small for clothes and such. But in my eyes, it all seems soo greedy and attention seeking. :100:

3 Likes

Yes onsies, diapers and wipes are the greatest gift and always needed no mater how many kids you have had. And your baby needs to be celebrated just like
Baby 1 and Baby 2

I had one for my first and no one showed. Didn’t do one for my second. My third we did a gender reveal party and only invited family :woman_shrugging:t2:

I never had one never mind 3

You can go about this two ways…have a good friend coordinate a diaper shower OR you can host a “sip and see” after the baby is born. It’s generally just a celebration, but those who want to bring a gift will ask what you want/need…and you can tell them then.

I was raised with the idea of just one unless there was a huge gap between kids.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t do another shower for multiple babies. I’d only expect for the first one. Especially if you already have one of each. But you could also have something after the baby is born this way people can meet and celebrate the baby after he/she is born.

1 Like

A gender reveal party?

I feel mom to be shouldn’t expect a shower after her 1st baby. But if someone wants to throw one that’s great.
With my 2nd kiddo my friend did a diaper shower. To both help with diapers and to celebrate new baby.

1 Like

I threw a baby bbq for my second…gifts weren’t expected and it was men and women for more of a family gathering a cake :slight_smile:

I never understood that 1st baby thing. Every baby should be showered or pre-welcomed. Besides I think you need the help more with the 2nd and 3rd then the 1st child. Sometimes they come quicker and you are not prepared quite as much.

Yes, I had a baby shower for each of my 3 children. The point of the baby shower is to welcome the new baby (traditionally they were after baby was born) and not the expectation of gifts. If you get gifts, awesome. If not, then their company should be welcome enough in my opinion.

Call it a diaper party and everyone bring diapers, a gift if they want

I don’t think you should have one for each child

1 Like

I had one for my first and my second it was boy then girl I’m currently pregnant with number 3 and I don’t think I’m gonna have one even though I need everything my youngest will be 6 and a half by the time baby is born and It was a girl lol and I’m having another boy my oldest my other boy will be 8 and a half almost 9 litterally the only thing I kept was my crib bc I didn’t think I was going to have anymore

I’ll have one for all My kids.
If they don’t wanna Give you one they are shitty.
If your friends and family don’t wanna Help you and Buy you stuff they are fucking shitty.
Ain’t no point in having them. Idfc what anyone says.

So Basically, Your Last one and The one you have no have no reason to EVER get a birthday party since the first born will have it?
Why bother with the next two?
That’s What Everyone sounds like.

We had a diaper “sprinkle” thrown for us for my second girl. It was just a celebration party and we asked for no gifts except diapers, formula, wipes, creams, etc. Basically things that couldn’t be reused.

1 Like

I had one baby shower and i have 4 kids…

1 Like

I had 1 baby shower(1st girl) Then my for my daughters birthday… I had meet the baby(son) at the same time. So some ppl brought gifts or diapers. 3rd baby I did a gender reveal and ppl asked what I wanted. Just diapers. But my mom planned/threw the baby shower and I planned and threw the other parties.

If you want one then do it!!!

I only ever had one and it was on the my last pregnancy and it’s not a for the baby, it’s for you so if you don’t need anything then you really don’t need another baby shower

I have 4 kids- all girls- and had baby showers (sometimes multiple) with each. However, I was never the one to plan and never the one to invite. Proper Etiquette is that the one being celebrated and her immediate family DO NOT throw the shower. Of course, I’m a southern girl, but I never felt it right to throw a party for myself and/or ask people to bring gifts for myself or my new baby.

I had one for each of my Grandbabies love the bonding with my family

I’ve heard of baby bbq’s its basically just a bbq with cake and decorations lol. It might be a good idea if you dont need anything for baby but want to celebrate.

What about a sprinkle? Just a “welcome to the world” kind of thing. Kind of like a pre-birthday party and have gift giving be optional.

Throw yourself a sprinkle. Or better yet, do it after baby is born. You don’t need anything so it can just be a fun gathering for everyone to meet and celebrate baby.

Don’t have your mother throw it. Technically your immediate family does not throw the shower, it’s your friends.

1 Like

You have one for youre very first child. Not every single one​:woman_facepalming: your mum is right :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I didnt have one for my baby because I could provide by myself better, than the cheap crap they would have brought. I don’t think you should be expected to bring anything to a baby shower the parent should provide themselves, an if they cant they shouldnt have a baby anyway. A celebration of pregnancy is different an not so desperate an tacky. But to each their own. If you like asking people for stuff because you had unprotected sex an got pregnant 3 different times you go right ahead.

5 Likes

If you want to have something after they are born I think that’s fine. But have it as a come see the baby and some snacks and don’t expect gifts.

2 Likes

I have had 5 and never had a baby shower :frowning: but! If you want to you should. All babies deserve to be celebrated

Traditional babies showers were only thrown for the couples 1st child, as it was there first time becoming parents. I had two showers and have 4 children. I didn’t throw them nor did my family. The 1st was with my ex the 2nd was with the first child to my husband now. I have friends who had mutiple for every child but people would talk and say there just looking for free stuff and it’s not proper etiquette.

I had one for each child. I didn’t want one for my 3rd but my best friend and other friends insisted. She made the point that every baby is special and deserves to be celebrated. I’m thankful for the love that was shown to our last addition.

Maybe ask your mom to throw a sprinkle? It’s more of a celebration for baby and if people wanted they could bring diapers or gift cards but not expected? Or you could do a sip and see after your baby is born.

You can throw a baby sprinkle? :woman_shrugging: its more of a celebration gor a new baby then the whole “mum to be”, presents ect that comes with a baby shower :woman_shrugging:

I had a baby shower with my first then just had a little gender reveal with my family for my 2nd and 3rd

My family always says u only r suppose to get one baby shower. However, I threw my own and they did come. I am on my 4th baby now. My 1st girl 4yrs old now. Had a nice one. My 1st son had one my 2nd son (14 months apart) I just had a diaper party. I will b having a baby shower for my 4th baby who’s a girl I literally have everything besides clothes lol. I belive ALL my kids deserve their own special celebration.

Personally I’m not a fan of baby shower’s, but i just dont like being the center of attention lol makes me uncomfortable :woman_shrugging:
I had a shower for my 4th out of 5 babies, a friend found out i had never had one and with 8.5 years between him and his brother I needed everything again, so I let her! Glad I did, she has since passed away :heart:
I feel its a personal choice!
You do you and Congratulations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I was raised being told you get one engagement party, one bridal shower, one bachelorette party, and one baby shower. All of our baby showers are gender neutral so everything works with each child. My girls are 7 years apart, I got rid of everything, and I had to rebuy everything on our own.
I would feel icky asking for another baby shower or even a sprinkle.

1 Like

Throw a meet-and-greet after the baby’s born usually people bring things

1 Like

We call it a "sprinkle"instead of the full "shower"we did a party for the mom n baby ,people can bring diapers but it’s more of a celebration for the family instead of needing all the gear.

1 Like

I had 3 boys and never had any baby showers :pensive:and they were all 5vyesrs apart so that is pretty much starting over each time i love going to baby showers and i don’t take cheap tacky gifts usualy something i know they will/can use

Its called a sprinkle and why would your 3rd child deserve less?

You can throw a (welcome baby) party and organise it yourself if you friends didn’t give you a surprise baby shower party

I have 4 children… I had 4 baby showers

I was always raised with one baby shower for your first or if you have them really far apart in age then it’s appropriate for another. It’s still your new baby , celebrate :confetti_ball: :tada:

1 Like

In my time you had a baby shower for the first baby.

1 Like

My family threw me a big baby shower with my first. With my second, I organised a high tea at the gardens but just told everyone I invited it was a catch up/get to together as I didn’t want them to feel like they needed to buy gifts. I had it decorated as a baby shower when they arrived. My sisters also planned a day out with me for my second to celebrate the pending arrival (they got me a pregnancy package at a spa, gold class movie tickets with them, and a nice lunch out).

2 Likes

I’d have one! It’s the photos and memories that you have that is important xx

I didn’t even have one and I don’t feel like I missed out. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve got 3 kids 2boys & a girl all under 2years apart. Only ever had 1 xx

FYI, a family member should not give you a baby shower. To be done by friends . The idea of having one baby shower originated with the thought that you would have hand-me-downs from the previous bsby. So no need for baby shower after shower. Nowadays, since nobody is rich, I think it would be ok to have one, thus providing the the mother-to-be with essentials such as diapers, layette items and formula. Needn’t be a contest on who can buy the cutest or more expensive item. Showers are for supplementing not lavishing. Call me old-fashioned, but I think getting back to basics is what it’s all about.

5 Likes

I guess the reasons why would matter more. Are you wanting a 3rd shower for the pics and memories with family and friends, or are you doing it just for the gifts? If the first then go for it!!! If the 2nd then dont. Thats pretty selfish.

1 Like

I didn’t really have a shower for either of mine. I sorta had one after my oldest was born. Didn’t have one at all for my youngest.

I understand wanting to celebrate this baby and yes they deserve to be celebrated too but a full blown baby shower comes across…a little greedy.

A “sprinkle” would be appropriate.

2 Likes

I’m having my second boy (3 years apart) and I’m having another full shower. I registered for a few big ticket items that we needed like a new swing, convertible car seat and a baby gate. But other than that it’s mostly for diapers. If you dont need big ticket items but still want to celebrate (which is perfectly normal!!) have a “baby sprinkle” and either don’t ask people to bring things or just ask for diapers and wipes!

I had showers for all three of my babies. Every life is worth celebrating :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s none of anyone’s business as to what you already have for the baby. Diapers, wipes, creams, medicines, clothes…all of that is still needed. So why not? If your in law or anyone else wants to be shitty about it…they don’t need to go and can mind their own business :woman_shrugging:t2:

I had 3 for my first (girl)(my family, dads family and work) my 2nd (boy) i had was given one big shower. My 3rd no shower but lived states away from family. I dont see anything wrong with celebrating each baby. Mine first 2 are 5 years apart and my middle and youngest are 3 years.

I mean my mom did my sisters first one then I did her 2nd and 3rd. Alot of us were pregnant around the same time. So if we could we swapped the. Big stuff. We did a lot of clothes, diapers and necessities.

Yes it’s rude to expect one when you just had two kids. Your mother is right

1 Like

Have a sprinkle shower (that’s what we call a baby shower that’s for the second child and on). Just a small gathering of friends and family that if they’d like to then they can give whatever and if not then it’s not a big deal.

2 Likes

Seems greedy and it’s tacky for YOUR mother to do it at all.

2 Likes

After my second was born, I had a “Come Meet the Baby Party”. Lots more fun with baby there.

1 Like

If you want to celebrate the baby, have a get together after baby is born and say “no gifts”.

I was only given one and it was for my second child. I feel like one is enough

Do a gender party after the baby is born

I only had 1 for my first 2. 1 girl. 1 boy… There really is no point after that

1 Like

No one cares after the first two. I had a friend that had four. Huge crowd at the first one. By the time the fourth one came around just about everyone had quit coming. I think there were like 10 people at the last one. It wasn’t worth the time or money money that was put into it. Most people by now figure you have enough stuff. Plus they feel like you arent done yet.

you can have baby showers for everyone of your children, theres no official or unofficial rules to it. If you want to celebrate everyone of your children, as proud awesome mums do, then you have a shower for your baby and tell your Ma to stay home if shes not interested.

1 Like

I had 3 showers for my first son. (One was a “meet the baby” shower) I still had a baby shower for my second son.

Do a sip and see. A get together after the baby is born. People will be more open to going and bringing a gift of they are coming to see the baby

I believe every baby should be celebrated, I put on the invitations that presents were not needed nor expected. We are just doing food and games