Thoughts on the baby name Annabelle?

That was one of my grandmother’s names. She passed away before I was born but I think of her every time I hear that soft beautiful name

1 Like

We have an, Anabela. Everybody loves her name.

3 Likes

Put whatever YOU like on the birth certificate. Everyone else is free to give birth to a child of their own that they can name whatever they want!

1 Like

It was a name way be for that movie it’s your kid name her what u want Annabelle is a beautiful name

1 Like

Who cares if they like it or not. They are not the ones giving birth to or raising the child. Go with what makes you happy

2 Likes

My friend had a baby 4 months ago- her name is Annabelle & she is darling! What are your church people doing watching that kind of movie!!! Your baby - hame her what you want!

1 Like

Annabelle name existed and was classic before and after that movie. She’ll reinvent it for them. Use the name.

Really freak them out and say if you have a boy you later you are naming him Chuck and say better be nice to her if you know what’s good for you

I totally love the name!

My granddaughter is named annabelle , very southern, never heard of the movie, lol

No ones opinion should matter but your and your husbands. It may remind them of the movie now now once they have another person to associate the name with they won’t feel the same.

I never heard of the movie and I have a niece named Annabelle. It’s your baby.

If you look hard enough you can find a negative association with any name.

You get to choose. Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks!

Don’t take life advice from religious people too serious. They believe in magic.

Annabella! Or Arabella😀

1 Like

My Mom Is The Same Way With My Sons Name. His Name Is Damien. I Didn’t Care I Was Naming My Son What I Wanted To Name Him. She Calls Him By His Middle Name, But I Still Catch Her Call Him Damien Sometimes. So Name Her Whatever You Want. His Parents Will Get Over It.

Tell them you will name your kid Snickerdoodle Applebottom if they don’t leave you alone. Lol

1 Like

Who cares what they think. It’s yall kid, they had their chance already. Annabelle is a beautiful name in ans of its self.

Who cares? I named my kids Adolph and Fidel and some people didn’t like it.

1 Like

You love it, that’s the answer😊

Screw them they do not rule your life you are free to make your own decisions

Offer to name it Carrie. :rofl:

Are they afraid of the names Chuckie, Sybil, Jason, Christine and Carrie too?

It’s my granddaughter’s name

Andrea robin, Constance Camille, Dorothy Marie
Holly berry

It’s a beautiful name

I’m currently 28 weeks pregnant and everyone gave me shit about the name we picked bc of a horror movie but we stuck with it and decided we loved it no matter what anybody says. It’s not anybody else’s baby, don’t let them deter you from choosing a name you love!

1 Like

Your baby/your decision

I personally love it as it was my great grandmothers name and my mom name is Anne. Annie grace is on my list for my next girl.

First thing I thought when I saw the name was the horror movie. Do you have a son named Chucky? :scream: :scream:

1 Like

My daughter’s name is Annabell Love :heart:

I think it’s a very sweet name. My niece is Annabelle and at first my sister wasn’t too sure to name her Annabelle because of the movie but she did it anyway and I think it suits her a lot. I never think of the movie when talking about her to others.
I think you just should go for it. xx

My first son was named Damian (the omen) ur baby. Ur choice. :woman_shrugging:

I’m gonna be real honest- that movie is petrifying. Also there’s annabelles wish that is a movie about a cow. Anyway u slice it I think it’s better to pass

1 Like

It is from a horror movie about an evil possessed doll. But still its a really pretty name if the grandparents dont know about the movie then just try not to mention it. My little sisters name is Emily rose lol. And my sons name is Gage after the boy from pet semetary movie. Its just a name who cares if its in a horror movie i get the church thing but hey that name was around WAY before the movie. Name your baby whatever u want hunny its ur baby

Who cares what they think? it’s your kid not theirs. :woman_shrugging:t4: if you like the name then name her that they will get over it.

1 Like

Personally I don’t really love the name. Anabeth is a cute name that is close! But you name your daughter what you want and don’t care about other peoples opinions!

I don’t even know what movie y’all are talking about. (Sorry) but it was a beautiful name before that movie and it’s a beautiful name after. I have 3 kids and no one liked any of the names I picked out for them. Oh well.

I remember it long before the movie as Annabelle Lee, a love poem by Edgar Allan Poe.

Annabelles Christmas is a child’s movie and that came out first.

I could never and not even bc of the movie but bc growing we had farm animals with this name one was a cow and one was a nanny goat lol

Its as beautiful name

My youngest is named Nikolai. I get some funny interactions from people when they recognize the name from the left behind books or movies. If that’s the name you like, use it. No one else’s opinion should matter.

My nieces name is Annabelle and she isn’t evil or possessed.

I have a Persephone (It means destroyer of worlds), if you like the name use it.

My first though was of the children’s doll ‘Baby Annabelle’ not the horror movie! It didn’t even cross my mind and can’t imagine it crossing many peoples

U can always add an A at the end of the name so Annabella. Its still a cute name

1 Like

I love it. I have bible thumpers as in-laws as well and i say kick rocks its your child

1 Like

Annabelle is the girl name we had picked when I was pregnant with my twins before finding out they were boys. We had planned to call her Annie. I still love that name.

I’m sorry this did make me chuckle a little. Girl name the baby what you want. Annabelle is perfectly good name. They will get over it.

It’s a beautiful name and one we had considered for our 2 year old but we went with Rose Marie cause I was stuck on Rose for a first name. My 14 year old son’s name is Malachi and ppl always mention Children of the corn :woman_shrugging:

Your decision not theirs

I have an Annabelle. It’s a beautiful name. There are many names associated with horror movies and other less than desirable things. Don’t let it stop you from picking the name if you like it.

ITS YOUR BABY!! name her what you want they will get over it!

Just remember it’s no one’s decision but yours and ur husband’s if his family doesn’t like it then that’s their problem… name ur girl whatever u and ur husband want. I personally love the name Annabelle

Who cares what anyone thinks. It’s your baby so name her what you want.

1 Like

My daughter is named Annabell Gracey-rae. She’s every bit of the doll :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Why not use the name Annabelle Grace? This is your daughter, not the whole families. It’s a name, nothing more, nothing less!

I would think the same thing if I heard annabelle it’s so pretty I wish they didn’t use it for a horror movie

What about Anna-bell :raised_hands:t2:

I love it more since it’s tied to the movie, but that’s just cuz I’m a weirdo🤪

Don’t worry what others think about anything you choose…ever. Do what makes you happy.

My son is named Gage Creed, his name is from a horror movie.
You are pushing this baby out, it will hurt a lot, you have the right to name her whatever you want.

1 Like

This is Annabelle, named after the doll from the horror movie, The Conjuring.
It’s your baby, you have the right to name her whatever you choose.

1 Like

Name your baby what you want

1 Like

My daughters name is annabelle (spelled the same) and my boyfriends family (also all Christians) they absolutely love the name. They think it’s old timey. Plus you shouldn’t worry what others think. It is your baby.

1 Like

I liked Annabelle but had the same reaction. I went with Arabella and absolutely love it

1 Like

I learned after baby #1 to keep your baby name a secret until baby is born. No need for others opinions. It’s your baby.

4 Likes

I have a cousin named annabelle and for some reason it makes me think of a cow… like isnt there a cow that goofy from micky mouse Falls in love with

2 Likes

My grand daughter is Annabelle…

1 Like

I have a daughter named Annabelle Grace. I love the name

3 Likes

I have a sweet cousin who was named Annabelle. The Bell was after my mother.

Whose baby is this you or your inlaws.
It is a beautiful name.
The film is fiction.
She is real.

1 Like

My mom’s name is Olivia, my baby sister is Olivia and my daughter is Olivia. Just love that name.

1 Like

I love the name too and also wanted to name my baby this but I didn’t because I’m the one that watches the movies and just get the creeps :rofl: but name her what YOU want.

My mom had a issues with the name Damien. We named our son Koda instead.

Who cares what they think :woman_shrugging: honestly it doesn’t matter what names you choose people all hVe different likes and so as much as it sucks to hear family doesn’t like it well that’s just their taste and that’s fine move on name that baby whatever you and hubby love as that is the only opinions that matter!
Next baby don’t tell people the name before you name them that is what I did for both my babies hopefully those who don’t like it have enough respect for you and hubby to keep their mouths shut!

did you say your baby?

then name her what you want.

1 Like

It’s a horror movie lol that’s all I relate it to

It’s yours and yours husbands child no other opinion matter

My cousin named her youngest Annabelle

My name is Annabel and I like it . I’m my own person , and that’s what defines me . Not a movie with my name. I say go for it.

there’s also a 1990s children’s movie Annabelles wish. About a cow who wish she could be able to fly like one of Santa’s reindeer…

Is it a baby or a movie. If they can’t decipher the difference they need to get out more.

My granddaughter’s name is Annalyse Nicole. I love her name.

They would hate my sons name the his middle name is Lucifer :joy:

I like Annabelle it is a cute name

Annabelle’s wish :woman_shrugging:

The baby annabell doll toy for kids came our way before the horror film

I wanted to name my daughter Elizabeth but my husband lost his mind because of “Lizzy Borden” :roll_eyes: Whatever… you want to name your daughter Annabelle … you name her Annabelle.

4 Likes

Go with the name you want. Not because of family or friends. I named my first born after her great grandmothers. Hilia(hi-la) Ann Gayle Chittum, little did I know using the name Hilia got me hated by my in laws because that was the name they wanted to use if they had a girl…my daughter is 12 and they still have nothing to do with us really.

1 Like

My daughter was born on Friday the 13th, right after the movie came out, we still named her Annabelle Mae. We get compliments about it all the time. The meaning of the name Annabelle is “He (God) has favored me”.

3 Likes

Name YOUR baby girl what YOU want, I so badly wanted to name my little girl Emily Rose, but my fella was like nah that’s a horror film :rofl: so we ended up with Millie-Rose instead and even now 7 years later i wish I’d stood my ground and called her Emily!, we had a son back in October last year, he became really poorly with NEC at 10 days old and sadly passed away, but we named him Jack, Jack Sparrow :heart_eyes::pirate_flag:

2 Likes

It’s a beautiful name! One of my granddaughters is named Mayme Jane. It is so suited to her and we all loved it except one person. Well she had no say whatsoever. I named my 2 children exactly what I wanted to as did my daughter with her baby Ansleigh and my son and daughter-in-law named their oldest Mileena. I like different and parents choices. No one else should have an opinion unless asked.

If you live your life by what others think you should do, then you will not be living your own life. Ever.

1 Like

First, “CHURCH PEOPLE” shouldnt be judgemental, and second, Annabelle is a BEAUTIFUL name

1 Like

I love it! Not the same but Annabella was on my girls list. You do whatever you love! :heart:
… I named my son Damien and alot of people hate it because of the Omen movie :woman_shrugging::laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t think horror movie, but that name always reminds me of Goofy’s girlfriend Clarabelle which I think is cute :joy::joy:

3 Likes

My Nanny was called Annabelle, She was so sweet and nice, I loved her. I think it’s a lovely name.

Tell them there is a wonderful movie called Annabelle’s wish that has a great message about sharing, caring, and loving. I can guarantee you that pretty much any name you choose will be associated with something they will find unappealing, so don’t let that stop you from naming your little one what you love.

1 Like