Thoughts on the baby name Annabelle?

I have a beautiful grand daughter Annabella .Bella for short

My great granddaughter is Annabella Sunshine

My daughters name is Annabelle and we call her Annie for short

It’s a beautiful name! I don’t let anyone call me anything but the full name

1 Like

I love the name & call her “A.B.” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How about Christobel?

We have a teenager in our church. She is a sweetheart.

lol my daughter’s name is Alessa Rose from Silent Hill :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

My daughter name is Annabelle name your baby whatever you want

Awww if you love it go for it :heart_eyes: I’m 36 and still get asked if I’m like the girl in the film… my reply is… you never know… :joy::joy: x

Just go with Anna everyone called me Annabelle as a cute nick name

My neice is named Annabelle. Love it!!

It’s not your husbands family’s baby, it’s yours, poo on what they think about it :heart:

Name her what you want. It doesn’t matter she’s going to want to change it when she’s 15.

Beautiful name…Your baby your choice.

I love it ! I don’t know about the movie

That’s my niece’s name but we call her anna

I name my kid Samarah after the ring

it’s just a name
that doll could’ve been named tracey
maybe don’t name her karen though
poor karen’s :woozy_face:

Anna means grace or favor, Belle means beauty.

My oldest daughters name is Annabell…i love the name

You are the one carring her and giving birth you name her what YOU want!!!

I always looved the name Annabella Mae!!

It. Is. Your. Baby. Who. Cares. What. They. Think.

Your baby. You pick, not them.

It is a cute name despite the movie connection

My baby girl is an Anabel, so spelt slightly different to be a little more unique, and I love it xx

1 Like

Your baby …your choice :baby:

Don’t base the name on a movie go with your gut.

Those church people needa grow up lmao its just a movieeeee

Annabel lee Edgar Allen Poe

if you love the name who cares what others think

1 Like

Not up to family to object its up to you and your husband what you name your child I think it’s a beautiful name

It’s ur kid dude, their opinion is :-1:

I think it’s a pretty name

You could always have Annabelle on the birth certificate but shorten it to Belle?
Your child, your choice :relaxed:

1 Like

Just add a on the end instead of e and bam annabella !

The name means Loving. Maybe switch out the spelling Annabelle - Baby Name Meaning, Origin, and Popularity | Nameberry

I feel like a lot of people put more effort into naming their kid something edgy or ‘cool’ rather than thinking of what the social consequences could be. Like it or not… They exist, and they will affect your child regardless of your intentions.

It’s NOT THEIR BABY.

It’s bad luck to be superstitious

This is YOUR child, and you can name her whatever you want!!!

I almost named my baby girl Annabelle Lee lol. Big edgar Allen Poe fan lol

I’m bias but I love the name. My daughter is Annabelle.
What about the Freddies or Jasons of the world, we don’t view those as horror movie names… at least I don’t, or Tiffany from Chucky’s bride lol. Name her Annabelle it’s a lovely name.

Share this with your family

1 Like

My oldest was 2… came out in 1997…this is the first thing that comes to my mind :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

Tell them it is a very old name, notably from the south or east.

Its not their opinion you baked her :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2:

Who cares what they think its your kid. Tell the Bible humpers to mind their own businesss

Anna is in the bible

That’s a beautiful name

Nothing wrong with it

I want to thank Dr Nath a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my wife back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my wife, to the extend that she left the house, and she started dating another man and she stayed with the man, i tried all i can to bring her back, but all my effort was useless until till the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my wife, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Nath and told him every think and he told me not to worry my self again that my Wife will come back to me after he has cast a love spell on her,i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within that 8days, my wife really came back begging me to forgive her, if you need his help you can contact him with his email address [[email protected]
add him up on his WhatsApp +2348072435031 He is willing to help any body that need his help.

I like that name and she’s YOUR baby name her what you want to name her. They can get over it.:woman_shrugging:

Its a beautiful name

My beloved Aunt’s name

Your Baby :baby: your choice

1 Like

Hey that’s a great name.

I mean if you veto every name used for a villain in a movie you don’t have many choices left! I think it’s beautiful. And it would probably end up being shortened anyway, most Annabelles I know are nicknamed Belle :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Love the name, named my daughter Annabelle after her great-great grandmother; no one mentions the movie and just says it’s cute/sweet

1 Like

I think the name is beautiful :heartpulse::heartpulse: we didn’t tell anyone what we were planning on calling our boy for this reason. It’s yours and your hubby’s choice, no one else’s.

My neighbor has a daughter (now 20 I think) named Annabelle. We’re a tight, religious, Christian community and I don’t think anyone has ever thought anything of the name. It’s cute!

1 Like

One of my favorite Christmas movies as a kid was Annabelle’s Wish. Maybe they should watch that movie instead of just associating the name with a horror movie. I personally love the name

2 Likes

Do you have a good relationship with his family? Is that why they can stick their nose where it doesn’t necessarily belong? Does your husband like the name too? You and your husband’s opinions are truly the only ones that matter. Side note it is a beautiful name, it just so happens to also be in a horror movie and a possessed doll

Well it’s not their child.
Call your child what you and your husband want

No one else’s decision … everyone is entitled to there opinion, doesn’t mean to say you have to except it … and for the record I think its a beautiful name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe try abbiegayle

I love the name. My daughter is Katie Annabelle and have nothing but compliments on the name. (We are also a church family :slightly_smiling_face: )

Annabelle is adorable and so easy to Nickname, she could be Ann, Anna, bell, Bella, ella, and personally I don’t care what either side of the family thinks as someone who is also due in a month I didn’t look for opinions when I told our families my name choice

1 Like

That name, was around long before the movie, so, the argument, against it, is moot.

1 Like

I love it. Watch Annabelle’s wish…it is a beautiful children’s movie.

1 Like

My cousin named her daughter Annabell

It is a beautiful name. Sounds like his family is putting too much thought into a movie. They should be able to realize that a name is not an indicator of evil.

2 Likes

My cousin named her daughter Annabelle. She was born in January this year

1 Like

Just saying, it’s your child, name he/she as you choose. It’s not the family’s choice to decide your child’s name.

1 Like

That was my great grandmothers name

I went to church/Sunday School/elementary school with an Annabelle!! Nice memories!! Whatever you and Daddy decide on will be perfect!!

If you both like it thats what matters, don’t let others influence your feelings about the name

If my son had been a girl I planned to name her Penny Annabelle Lee (Pennywise Annabelle and Edgar Allen Poe’s Annabelle Lee) my mom wasn’t thrilled when I told her why I wanted those names but I told her that they were just beautiful names and they don’t have to just be because of the movies. The name Penny is cute and Annabelle Lee was a fantastic poem and Annabelle is one of my favorite scary movies (so is IT obviously but you get the point haha)

1 Like

Annabel is a doll that is possessed (actually a raggedy Ann doll) but just because it’s that way doesn’t mean you can’t name your daughter that don’t let your in-laws make your decisions for you

1 Like

My granddaughter’s name is Annabelle after the poem Annabel Lee

1 Like

Isabella is good alternative I have a lola Isabella! Or lillianna I have a lillianna jolie!

It’s your baby, name her what you please!!

1 Like

Ridiculous. It’s a beautiful name

1 Like

I’m naming my daughter Lilith :woman_shrugging:

Name that baby what u want she is yours not theirs. They’ll like it or they’ll get over it.

3 Likes

Annabelle is a beautiful name. If that is the name on your heart for your daughter then stand firm on it. There are great nicknames too - Anna, Ani, Annie, Bell or Bella, and a friend of mine called her little sister, AB (Abee). Your family will adjust and choose a nickname for her. My grandma hated the name Jessica (my oldest daughter) because she knew I’d call her “Jessie” which reminded her of Jesse James, the outlaw. :roll_eyes: Congrats on your baby girl!

I love Annabelle or Annabeth such beautiful names

1 Like

One of my favorite student’s name was Annabelle. So smart, funny, kind, creative and a bookworm!!

Name her Annabel Lee…and say it’s from the Edgar Alan Poe poem.

I love it. Named my daughter Payton after seeing hand that rocks the cradle. Found out I was pregnant right after and said to my husband I love that name before she turned out to be a psycho near the end. Worked out ok for me!

It doesn’t have anything to do with being religious to me but ever since seeing that movie I automatically cringe at the name Annabelle lol. Don’t blame them for not liking it.

This is why I would never share my baby names… everyone will always have an opinion. I think it’s a beautiful name.

4 Likes

Don’t tell anyone the baby’s name until it’s on the birth certificate. Not everyone will ever like the baby’s name. If you both like it, that should be her name!

1 Like

I named my baby Annabelle 19 years ago. She is beautiful, inside and out!! Name your baby what you want to name her. This will be your first gift to her :heart:

1 Like

I love the name. I even named my rabbit Annabelle.

Your baby your right to name her what YOU want. My brother and his wife named their baby Emily Rose (little girl on the movie The Exorcist)

1 Like

Oh good grief. Really you’re going to or not name your kids name because of what your in-laws think? My in-laws said our kids names were too white because they are biracial. So we named them their names anyway. And that’s their names Damn it!

It’s a beautiful name! As is Penelope but I didn’t name my daughter that because of the movie about the girl with a pig nose… :joy: We went with Tallulah :two_hearts:

1 Like

Your baby…you choose. One thing I’ve learned after having 9 babies is everyone has an opinion. A person can not keep up. Once that sweet bundle has arrived, whatever name you choose IS the right name.

1 Like

My opinion…whoever has the birthing pains gets to name the baby!!!

My Great Granddaughter is Annabel, I love the name and I love her.