** TRIGGER WARNING** My husband and I got into a fight and I was told to file a restraining order: Advice?

Sorry about your situation
But I just read couple weeks ago a father took his life and his 2 yrs son.
Something to think about if he got upset cause his son didn’t want to poop in the toilet what else will set him off.
Your son doesn’t deserve this crap.

In my opinion I would until he can prove treatment is helping and he is wanting to change. Been through something similar and didn’t do the restraining order. I wish I had. It would have made a difference even though people say it’s just a piece of paper. Cops react differently if another call has to me made.

Start a paper trail!!! Even if it isn’t a restraining order, file a complaint with the police. God forbid it happens again, you’ll need to have a case built up so u need to have these things on record.

1 Like

you need to go get some help yourself you admitted you slapped him. Shoving with the shoulder which he shouldn’t have done that either but if the cops would have come and seen the mark on his face and the mark on your leg you would have both been taken in. maybe you both need to be separated for a while by you work on issues individually and then together if you want to try to make that work. Good luck to you both. I’m glad to hear he checked himself into the VA hopefully he’ll get some services said it sounds like you desperately needs but why he does that you should go get services for yourself. Then and only then can you make clear decisions.

Help him get well from a distant. You don’t wAnt your son to think this is acceptable.

Get out while you can , think about your son what’s going to happen when he puts his hands on you again n ends up hurting your son then how you going to feel, you could ending up losing your child… from experience the violence dont stop. And the threats really your ok with him threatening your family. Better get the hell out …

If your gut is telling you, yes absolutely. I can say from experience, if it happens one time it will continue to happen. It’s better to leave, than to end up dead.

Counseling first. If it doesnt work. You need to do everything to keep your son safe

If he hit you he will hit your child just saying. Really it just sounds like a toxic relationship and id take a break for a while

Leave it will only get worse. If you stay you are giving him permission to continue.

File it. If he can hit you, he will soon surely hit your son. This is about the safety of you and your son. Not the relationship. Your son always comes first. Is this the way you want him to treat women as well? To think it’s okay to hit them? He’s supposed to set an example for your son and he’s now watching him hit you. That’s not okay. He can always have supervised visits. And some people say if you really love him go to councilling, but if he loved you then he would not have laid a hand on you, especially in front of your son. He doesnt respect you. And also, you aren’t in the wrong here. He is. You need to get you and your son out of the situation safely

Both of you need counseling

4 Likes

Really?? Is this what this page is for?? This isnt Dear Abby. Good grief

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to take a restraining order on him and he needs to take one on you.

4 Likes

File it… And get out

Ok…so…yes…protect yourself n your child.

Do not teach your child to yell. resolve your differences away and calmly please. NO YELLING PLEASE!!

wtf is that a question? DUH

Don’t put yourself in harm’s way :pray:take your kids and go​:four_leaf_clover::pray::ok_hand:t3:seriously

If he hits you once it will happen again. I was lucky I never had to file a restraining order, he left on his own. Found another woman to kick around. I wish you good luck and hope you and your son are safe. Wish I could have been more help to you. Keep you in my​:pray::pray:

Only you know this man but I don’t want to hear that you and your son have been killed. That’s something you have to soul search. Don’t ever hit back your child can be taken away

1 Like

STOP HIM NOW OR NEVER!!! One of my daughters have been with an older man for almost 12 yrs and it began verbal and emotional abuse and now it’s physical (bad) she left him many times, but after a month or 2 ALWAYS starts calling saying sorry and how much he loves and misses her, she always returned. Now she had a baby 2 yrs ago and he’s beginning to abuse her and she has no where to go, Broke, carless, and they never got married and he threatins to take the little girl away, he’s all screwed up and has $ and she lives in a world of pure hell, she stayed with me this last time and I told her that God told me that if she ever look back that that monster would destroy her and her little girl, amonth later he began calling her and she went back. Now he Punch’s her in the face and kicks her in her stomach, won’t buy food or drinks, no groceries, if she gets to get out one more time, it will only be God’s GRACE AND MERCY… If not she is going to be killed by him. You can’t change people and men can come and go, but there’s no replacement for your children. Run for your life and never look back sweetheart and save you and your son or he’s going to kill you both after he hurts you all really bad. All over your little boy POOPING … REALLY??? Sounds like a PERVERT. If you love your son then let him go.

You need to do something because if you leave your so in that situation and he would get hurt… You could possibly get in trouble for endangerment of a child for knowing what has happened and letting your son be there… You need to protect you and most importantly your son… Next Time could me worse

Lorddaaayyyy if this is something you need to ask advice about I’ll send my prayers now :pray:t2::pray:t2: stop being stupid ladies , if ur man hits you, your kid, your dog, a wall idc what just leave and as quickly as possible and don’t look back. If you need to ask the questions “ should I get a restraining order” you clearly already know the answer. I’d spend less time looking for advice , guidance , answers whatever and spend more time at the gun range, the gun store and the court house. Empower yourselves women. Don’t fall victim to this type of nonsense ever.