Was I in the wrong to eat take out in front of my bonus kids?

I made my bonus kids dinner and there was not enough for me so i ordered take out because i am pregnant and craving something we do not have in the house…my husband cmae home and WAS LIVID that i was eating take out in front of his kids and did not order them any and now i feel bad…but i made sure to make them dinnr before i even ate and its not like they ate bad…i made them grilled chicken and shrimp alfredo…was i in the wrong to eat take out in front of them?

299 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Was I in the wrong to eat take out in front of my bonus kids? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

no. they ate already.

5 Likes

You’re pregnant. You get a free pass.

19 Likes

it would be different if you only fed yourself but you made sure they ate

17 Likes

It’s kind of strange

10 Likes

He should be ashamed of himself for acting like that. He should know better that his kids were fed! And if he had asked why you were eating take out instead of overreacting he may have known what you just told us… and even if you had ate what you made the kids, you’re entitled to order yourself and the baby you’re carrying whatever the hell you want!

9 Likes

They ate. No problem at all.

4 Likes

I mean it isn’t exactly fair. We always tell the kids they eat what’s out in front of them and you should follow that rule too.

11 Likes

They ate a good meal and you’re pregnant tell him to be quiet

7 Likes

Maybe your cooking is trash and that’s why he was mad - they ate garbage and you ate good :slightly_smiling_face:

Def rude. If you knew you didn’t have enough for both you could’ve made something different or got you both take out. Pregnant or not

I wouldn’t eat takeout infront of my kids if I didn’t order them any. Always wait till there in bed lol

25 Likes

Oh tell him to shut up :roll_eyes:

I mean i think it’s wrong.

3 Likes

You could have ordered them take out too.
Some bonus mom :woozy_face:

8 Likes

Pregnant or not I would never do something like that IAM very preg right now I never want what’s for dinner I will snack on something we have at home if I was to order in or get fast food IAM get my kids something :person_shrugging: if I was ur husband I would be upset also that’s just wrong

11 Likes

If you were craving specific food before you made the kids dinner, than yeah kinda. You could’ve asked if they would’ve liked anything too & if they didn’t then make dinner.

3 Likes

You’re an adult. You can eat whatever you want. They have been fed.

They are not entitled to whatever you are having.

49 Likes

Depends on what u ate lol did u have ribeye from some fancy restaurant? :joy: or taco bell?

No you could’ve ordered them something or at least waited until they were in bed, my kids know when there’s food everyone gets something or ask if they want anything

3 Likes

That’s considered rude where I come from.

Was it mcdonalds? Something they would have really liked? Or something they didn’t like at all?
If I knew I was going to be getting myself take out…id probably get us all take out. But thats just me

3 Likes

Woman can eat anything they want even if they a carrying or not the kids where fed go for it

7 Likes

I mean it ain’t the nicest… wait till they ain’t around :eyes:

5 Likes

You should’ve have gotten them some too if they were still hungry.

3 Likes

I couldnt do that but each to their own

6 Likes

No! Especially if there wasn’t enough for everyone

I was raised that if you don’t have enough money for everyone or not enough to share, you don’t eat in front of people. Ordering out was fine, just hide it.

12 Likes

Yes. For sure. I’d never eat in front of my kids if there wasn’t enough to share with them.

6 Likes

How many kids was it?! I mean pasta dishes usually
Feed an army lol

3 Likes

I personally wouldn’t eat take aways in front of any kid without making sure there was some for them too, nor would I be happy if some one did that to my kids. I would have waited until they were in bed and hidden it from them (which I totally do to my own kids too) :woman_shrugging::joy:

5 Likes

Guess I’m selfish bc I’ve eaten take out and made my kids dinner. I couldn’t afford to buy them anything from the place I ordered from and I was craving the food, I’m not even pregnant.

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s a huge deal but why didn’t you just make enough of the dinner for everybody–what did your husband eat for dinner???

3 Likes

If they have already had dinner why would they then need to have some of glue take away ?

3 Likes

Y’all are making it seem like she didn’t feed them and just ate in front of them :woozy_face::woman_facepalming: she’s pregnant for one, for two she fed them and there wasn’t any left or enough for her to eat also smfh y’all are so entitled

9 Likes

You feed them first!!! It’s not that big of a deal.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t do it. It’s kinda like a treat that they didn’t get but you did. Take out is preferred over home meals to most kids So yeah I would be mad

3 Likes

Jesus Christ, it’s fine. My kids won’t even eat most of the food offered at places we order from so they don’t care. They’d rather I cook them something they LIKE instead of a pizza or Chinese. I can see if the kids complained but if they didn’t care, why should your husband? On TOP of that, you’re pregnant. You can eat what you want, when you want.

3 Likes

Were they still hungry? I always offer to share regardless… And I would’ve eaten in private.

Your pregnant. You made them dinner. Your fine

3 Likes

Giiiiiirl dontcha know you are suppose to hide when you eat that crap :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

You could of grabbed them a dessert🤷‍♀️

6 Likes

No, you should not feel bad at all. You took care of them first and yourself with something you were craving but didn’t have in the house. Hubby needs to comprehend how pregnancy cravings work

4 Likes

Me personally I’d wait until they was in bed if was going to do that. Or get all a take away. If anything like my kids they love take away so I’d feel awful eating it infront of them anyway

9 Likes

If you made me grilled chicken and shrimp Alfredo, you could have truffles and filet mignon delivered to you and I wouldn’t care! You made sure they had food, and there wasn’t enough for you to eat too. What did he want you to do? Take their food for yourself? Or spend a ton of money to get everyone take out when there was enough good food for them in the house? If the kids were happy with what they had and they didn’t care, why should your husband?

5 Likes

So why didn’t you just order extras in case they wanted some…

2 Likes

I would never do that! I often make multiple dinners at home to satisfy food adversities. However take out I would get us all take out and just not cook.

4 Likes

I couldn’t do that. That’s not fair at all. We all eat the same regardless.

5 Likes

Absolutely not.
They had food and u didn’t

1 Like

Yea no way I could eat in front of kids.

3 Likes

I’m sure if the kids asked for some… you’d share. Hubby blew this way out of proportion anyhow.

2 Likes

Wrong . Idc who it is if im buying out they are eating with me . I cannot even eat a home cooked meal in front of people without offering.

5 Likes

Almost all kids would prefer to eat out rather than eat at home. Your husband prolly feels the same way

4 Likes

I couldn’t do it and I don’t ever do it.
Even when visiting the in laws, my youngest brother in law is 6. I always, I mean always buy him take away when getting it for my kids and I.

3 Likes

Ok I’m kinda shocked that all you think it’s wrong? She feed them and then got herself something because she’s pregnant and craveing different food. I’ve done it a couple of times. If I want something I’ll get it, kids are feed and are fine :tipping_hand_woman:

25 Likes

They will definitely survive

4 Likes

You wouldn’t have done that to anyone else. You would have asked…….

2 Likes

Why not make enough for you all!? Just curious. If there wasn’t enough to begin with I would have ordered for everyone

6 Likes

All should have eaten the same or at least have available

5 Likes

Wow. You made them food. You made sure they ate. You had nothing left over for you and had cravings. You’re not wrong. It’s plenty of times I’ve fed my kids (bio and bonus) something at home and ordered out for myself (and my husband) for my cravings or just because. As long as they are fed is what matters. Your not wrong at all.

9 Likes

No. The kids don’t always get what the adults get. The kids were fed. They are fine.

27 Likes

Ok, if he did it to yours ,how would you react. Pregnancy no excuse

5 Likes

I could never do that to children, I see why he was upset and as if you didn’t make enough for yourself as well, sounds like you planned the takeout for yourself!

9 Likes

I’m sorry but I couldn’t do that. If you were craving something different you should have at least waited until they weren’t around to order and eat it. The kids will start to resent you for doing things like that.

25 Likes

You made them food. They’ll live.

5 Likes

Not at all. You said there wasn’t enough for you, and your pregnant. You need to eat too! These women are :triangular_flag_on_post: for saying otherwise :joy::skull:

5 Likes

I think the important question here is how the kids felt. Were they jealous/upset or just him? Did you ask if they were still hungry/wanted something before ordering? I dont think what you did was neccassarily wrong but I would be upset if my husband ordered himself food and didnt give our kids the option of what he was getting too and then also ate it infront of them. Our rule is either make sure there is enough for everyone or dont let anyone else see it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but in all seriousness if you didnt at least offer them some before ordering then you should have ate it in secret after bedtime :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

We make our kids chicken nuggets or Mac and cheese all the time when we order out, because let’s be real that’s what they are going to ask for from the kids menu anyway!

10 Likes

I personally wouldn’t :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Sounds like hubby was angry that you didn’t buy him some. The kids were fed, you are grown and can eat what you want. Maybe next time he can bring you all dinner home.

4 Likes

Kids are fed and didn’t starve to death!? I say it’s a win on your part!

4 Likes

I think it’s HYSTERICAL that some of these people are calling you “some bonus mom :woozy_face:” because you didn’t order the kids takeout, too. First of all, they were fed. Second, if there wasn’t any left for you to eat, what were you supposed to do? You could have eaten something that was already in the house, but they probably would’ve wanted some of that, too. You aren’t in the wrong, and I’d tell your husband if he’s so worried about it, that he needs to make sure he makes them dinner or make sure they eat before he leaves or wherever he is.

Also, y’all on here acting like y’all ain’t ever ate something for YOURSELF, and didn’t give your kids any, y’all LYING. Just because you got kids, doesn’t mean they need to have everything you do. It’s okay to do for yourself now and again. And you’re pregnant.

They’re fine, they ate. Don’t let no one make you feel like you did anything wrong, cuz’ ya didn’t.

And all y’all that think she did something wrong, if you’re so worried about it, y’all buy them takeout.

10 Likes

Not wrong at all.
There are sooo many days that I cooked dinner for my kids and ordered myself food because I just wasn’t in the mood for what I cooked. He needs to get over himself

3 Likes

Oh god. Y’all are sensitive. I guarantee those kids didn’t care. My husband and I will literally feed the kids lunchables sometimes and order takeout without them. Calm down. :woman_shrugging:t3: Doesn’t make her a bad mom.

8 Likes

Hell f#$k no!!! They ate and you’re pregnant

5 Likes

I find it rude. I would never order take out and nothing for my kids, I always include them even if they have eaten already!

1 Like

Girl I do this with my own mf kids, he needs to get a grip on himself :joy:
Them kids are GOOD, and you’re doing a good job :blush::blue_heart:

11 Likes

You’re smart. There wasn’t enough dinner for everybody so you prioritized feeding the kids and then found an alternative for yourself. Would he have rather you spent MORE money feeding everybody the exact same thing? Hubby needs to chill

13 Likes

Ewwwww he sounds entitled af

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad, first you’re pregnant and well cravings, 2nd you made them dinner first. I’ve made my kids dinner and done the same thing or cooked me and my husband a better dinner that they either wouldn’t eat or just because I felt like having something different and spoiling my man cause he deserves it too.

2 Likes

Nope. I do it all the time! Mines with lunch instead tho. They are fed. When I do it I give my kids a extra snack to make up for it. Mine are happy with that.

2 Likes

Your not in the wrong. You out the kids first. There was not enough left for you. You are eating for 2 now. You need to eat as well…

1 Like

Personally I would never do something like this, when I was little my mom had cancer and when she had to go to the treatments was out of town and she used leave us with our uncle and his wife and she used to do the same cook something for my lil sister and I and order take out for her and her kids and that hurts :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I don’t eat in front of the kids something that’s considered a treat. But I always get a little something for them to share because take out is a treat in our home.

1 Like

You algood girl,feed what your pepe craves🙂

1 Like

no, you’re good … tell him unless he was there he’s not to pass judgement …

5 Likes

My thought is what is that showing them ?..I get where you’re coming from, but maybe they would’ve preferred what you had ?. You could’ve swapped places with them…or one day they might do that back to you ?.

2 Likes

I do this with my own kids but, they do get something small like and ice cream or something.

2 Likes

If you ordered only for yourself, I see no big problem. But it would upset me if you shared with one child and not all children. That wouldn’t be fair.

8 Likes

He’s an ass. You are not wrong

What is a bonus kid?

Is that a step child?
Adopted kid?

Anyway… first… you aren’t there to cater to kids.
2nd… they ate and you met their needs.
3rd. Many times I eat whatever the hell I want.
4th. Tell him to feed the kids himself if he doesn’t like it.
5th… don’t allow somebody to dictate what you do or don’t do. If it was a major decision then discuss as a partner should. But for God’s sake… it was just dinner. Tell him to snap out of it

6 Likes

No. Hubby and I order take out for us and cook for our kids.

3 Likes

Um. My husband and I do this probably weekly. We feed the kids and order in something for ourselves. I really don’t see the big deal. Personally, im.bot paying for my kids to order mac and cheese or grilled cheese or chicken fingers just becauee it’s take out. Its not like you ordered it for one kid and not the other…plus their meal sounds delicious!

7 Likes

I’ve done it n not even pregnant as long as u fed them well who cares…good mama

2 Likes

My husband brought me dinner and he and my son ate what I cooked. I rarely eat out and had a craving and he and my son are usually the ones I’m getting take out for. If it wasn’t a bonus child would it be a big deal? If not that’s just not fair.

1 Like

No you’re not in the wrong. The kids already ate

1 Like

If there wasn’t enough for everyone why would u make it in the first place? My kids and now my grandkids always ate what we had for dinner unless they truly didn’t like it. Fortunately my family isn’t picky!! So what did u feed ur husband?

3 Likes

I was raised you don’t eat something in front of someone else unless you have enough to share.

9 Likes

Did you eat the take out in front of them? Was it something the kids enjoy too? Did yall have $ for you to order take out?

1 Like