Was I in the wrong to eat take out in front of my bonus kids?

Nothing wrong with that. Some nights we have a “fend for yourself night” (Not saying I let them loose in the kitchen or never cook them meals) where I let my kids choose their dinner. One may want a sandwich while the others want something completely different. Its 100+ degree here and I don’t want to turn my oven on some nights or use the stove. On rare occasions I cook for my kids but order the adults takeout. Don’t think too much about it girl! I’m pregnant and so picky!! They ate. That’s all that matters.

1 Like

You. Made. Them. Dinner.
He’s wrong!

1 Like

Were the kids upset? I’d tell him too pick his battles

Im pregnant too and have 3 of my own, I have things they don’t get all the time, and they also have things I don’t get. I don’t see a problem with it. Let him be shitty.

You’re good girl! Long as those babies were fed u have every right to eat whatever you want! I’m sure the kids didn’t even care plus your pregnant! I’m 38 weeks with baby girl and I have ordered take out because of a craving while my girls ate a homemade meal! Don’t feel bad!

1 Like

WTH, your pregnant and you feed the children, no you were not wrong, give yourself a break and do not feel bad

1 Like

You are definitely not in the wrong. It’s not like you ate and they didn’t. If you are craving something, you have to get it for everyone?! That’s ridiculous!

My partner dared them to express a problem. I’m making a baby. The kids learnt that and encouraged me to eat what I wanted. Not in the wrong at all

1 Like

Yes always order something for the kids too

4 Likes

I do this all the time with my own kids especially when the food I made isn’t enough to feed myself.
You are not wrong. Enjoy the meal you were craving.

3 Likes

Oh for pity’s sake! The kids got a good meal! It’s not unusual for kids to act squirrelly if they don’t get the same thing as the adult. Especially if it’s take out. They think they’re missing something. There wasn’t enough of the home-cooked meal for mom too. What was she supposed to do, go without and her pregnant? I don’t think so! So she gets take out! Hubby needs to get a grip. He’s just mad she didn’t order enough for him too.

3 Likes

I think he made a big deal out of nothing. Had you not made them dinner, I could see why he’d be upset. :woman_shrugging::joy: I mean of all things to get that mad over.

12 Likes

No reason to feel bad. :confused: I think you did right I would have done the same thing and I’m pregnant to.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have done that because I was raised not to. I was raised that if you bought for one, you buy for all. It’s not really for me to say if you’re right or wrong. :person_shrugging:

11 Likes

Were the kids upset that they didn’t get take out? I guess it depends. If the kids felt left out, I can see where he is coming from. If they kids didn’t care, and he was just upset, then you’re fine.

1 Like

Tell him to simply stfu you fed them babies and owe him no explanation. You had a taste for something else besides what you cooked. He can get over it :weary:

Not at all. Their wasn’t enough for you but you still cooked and made sure the kiddos were fed. It’s not something that deserves to be freaked out over. You’re doing great, momma.

1 Like

He’d hate my home then … I do that constantly in front of my own kids :joy:.

1 Like

No you were not in the wrong at all. And it’s weird he was mad about that.

They are fed and there was nothing left. Your hungry and pregnant i would do the same don’t matter who’s children lol please don’t feel bad. Maybe he was having a hard day at work.

1 Like

You let the kiddos eat until they were full, there wasn’t enough left for you and so you treated yourself and growing baby to a meal that was cooked & delivered. I see NOTHING wrong with that. It’s strange he’s that angry to me🤷‍♀️

6 Likes

The kids ate first. You made sure they ate and we’re good before you got you something. You are in the right. If he has a problem with it tell him that you need more money to make bigger meals then because there wasn’t enough and you did what was needed so everyone could eat. Period.

1 Like

No your not in the wrong.

Your money your decision… your the parent/ guardian

Eat your food pregnant Mama, with zero guilt.

I get the whole you buy for one you buy for all mess. But it don’t work that way all the time. As long as his kids ate then that’s it that’s all.

2 Likes

Nope, I sometimes order take out for just me as well and I make all my kids (step and bio) food before I do. I don’t even need the excuse that there wasn’t enough for me.

My husband understands that I deserve things for just me sometimes :woman_shrugging:t2:

Who cares, as long as the kids ate and are full and happy, what does it really matter?

3 Likes

No you were absolutely not wrong, it would have been wrong if you didn’t feed them 1st but no… kids don’t have to have take out just because you do as long as they eat… tell your husband to get over it, they ate!

1 Like

You are not wrong, they already ate what you cooked why would you buy more food. My husband and I do this all the time with our kids. They will want something in the house whether its something I cook or just a sandwich and then we will order something for ourselves especially now with me being pregnant.

2 Likes

nope. your kids eat first. then you got something for you.
your husband would hate me bc i do this often :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Red flag. You fed them. There was no food left. You are pregnant. You also need to eat.

8 Likes

If he is referring to them still as HIS kids when y’all have a baby on the way and you’ve been in the picture, that’s problem 1 for me. Problem 2 he freaked out on you for eating.
THE kids were fed and why does it matter anyways. At least his kids had a healthy home cooked meal. He can FUCK ALL THE WAY OFF OVER YONDER!

She’s pregnant ! Seriously nothing wrong with it. They ate . You ate.

4 Likes

I’ve done this before but i hide it lol

2 Likes

It’s rude but it’s not like you didn’t feed them🤷.

No. Tell him to grow up they we’re taking care of. End of story.

4 Likes

This is what I would do. There’s been times I would cook dinner for my son and it just doesn’t sound good to me, so I would order takeout; I see nothing wrong with this :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Heck naw. They are kids and were probably perfectly happy with what they had.

2 Likes

Don’t beat up on yourself. It’s his problem if he wants to be mad. My Ma always said you can either be mad or get glad. It’s your choice. Roll your eyes and walk away, pety reason for him to be an ass.

Really? Wow! There’s not a thing wrong with you getting take out for yourself. You fed the kiddos. That’s what’s important.

2 Likes

Dang,if you have to ask. Well I kind of agree with your husband, especially since you made it a point to say they are your" bonus"children. Maybe your hub is afraid you are going to treat these children differently then your biological children. Getting fast food is a special treat for many kids.

14 Likes

It’s not like you didn’t feed the kids. No diffrent them me bringing Starbucks home after work for myself or McDonald’s sweet tea.

You’re not in the wrong whatsoever

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if they already ate. Seeing you eat something else usually makes kids want that too. What did husband eat if there was no food left for you ? It seems uncaring and greedy to just order for yourself. I was raised to ask everyone if they would like something also. Just manners wise. Your teaching the kids that they don’t count

4 Likes

I would have fixed enough for everyone,I guess I’m wrong to ,because if you get take out , you get enough for everyone

7 Likes

It’s sad you have to explain this to a grown man uhh

Even if you weren’t pregnant it sounds like your husband wanted you to feel bad when you shouldn’t. That’s abusive

3 Likes

I would totally do this and I wouldn’t even feel bad! Lol

2 Likes

Everybody ate. You did your job as a mama. Your husband is upset over absolutely nothing. It’s not like you were eating a lobster dinner while they had hot dogs and frozen chicken nuggets.

1 Like

Shrimp? Their dinner was better than the takeout.

4 Likes

:joy: please I make my kids food and if I’m craving something different I make me what I want or order me that food especially if I was pregnant smh that’s the problem with people these days kids don’t always have to have what adult be having :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

You should never eat take out in front of kids weather they ate or not. That’s just messed up in my opinion. They’re kids of course they’re gonna want take out. I would never do that to my child or any other child. So if it was your child you wouldn’t have done that obviously you said bonus kids.

5 Likes

He sounds like a narcissist, did he acknowledge that you did indeed feed the kids? If not then that is mental abuse.

2 Likes

I would feel bad eating take out in front of my kids it’s a royalty in there eyes spoil them too

1 Like

hold up, wait a minute…. if the tables were turned, and he made you and the kids goulash, then went out and got himself a steak…. would that be perfectly OK? If you can’t make what you made your “bonus kids” and eat it with them, then you should all go out for “take out” since it appears money is no object. I mean it is selfish and rude to order take out for “just you” because “you’re hungry” or “you have a craving”. Pregnant isn’t an excuse to be rude

My husband does this ALL the time to me and our kids. I get jelly (cuz I want some) but not mad lol question… was your kids upset? If not then idk why he would be. Personally my kids rather have my cooking then take out so they never care when my hubby does this.

I’m pregnant right now, I do this semi often because my 5 yr old is picky and I am too so usually make more than one thing anyways lol I probably still would’ve ordered everyone something small like fries or an ice cream though. We buy our kids plenty of stuff when we don’t get anything (or at least I do) and go without for them constantly, I think it’s okay for us to have some food to ourselves like damn…

Question? Why do u refer to ur husband’s kids as bonus children… I hate the sound it… just say my or our kids. They are urs since u married their dad…

Oh ur not wrong at all for ordering take out… they ate dinner n I’m sure their’s tasted better

5 Likes

But home cooked food is better than take out. Why would he be mad?

Yes your in the wrong. If your going to order take out you should order enough for the kids as well.

4 Likes

Well sis you are :100: in the wrong. Sorry, but I have 6 kids 3 daughter in laws and 2 grandkids and rules are rules. If you bring food from the outside into my home without bringing for the younger 3 then y’all gonna need to sit outside in y’all’s car and eat before you come inside. So what did your husband eat for dinner if there wasn’t enough for you? Or is it that you used being pregnant because you really just wanted outside food. I would be livid as well because kids want outside food as well

15 Likes

No you’re not in the wrong for eating takeout in front of your bonus kids. There wasn’t enough for you to eat therefore you didn’t do anything wrong. Your husband is in the wrong for being mad.

4 Likes

Idk about his kids but mine love take out. If I can’t afford to order for all I order for none. Kids don’t understand that crap

5 Likes

Tell him if he doesn’t like it he can feed his own kids for now on …if his kids was happy that’s all that matters…tell that pos to grow tf up …sounds like a control freak and I would be cautious…my sixth sense tells me something Is off with his behavior…that’s not normal to freak out on a pregnant woman just because she ordered take out food for herself n their unborn baby…

1 Like

Kinda shitty. If i want take out with out my kids i do it after they go to bed or i leave them with my husband and eat it while out. To me it sounds like you purposely didn’t make enough food, why not just order everyone take out?

I won’t eat take out in front of my kid unless she has some too. I’m also pregnant. If I’m craving ice cream but don’t want to buy enough to share it waits till she’s in bed. In our house you always share what you have (except alcohol she can’t have the booze when someone is drinking). Also what did hubby have to eat if you had take out and the kids ate all the regular food?

I think an added layer to this is them being your bonus kids and how they’ll make it sound to their mom. It doesn’t matter how amazing the meal was they may say you made something awful or if it was something they don’t like complain and then add a comment to mom it was so bad you wouldn’t even eat it. That can then lead to issues with coparenting between mom and dad or even arguments that you shouldn’t be watching the kids if he isn’t around etc.

1 Like

Um…you were definitely not in the wrong…

2 Likes

Done nothing wrong only save him money as kids never eat much and it gets waisted I done this loads feed kids first then when all settled get a take away as I been so busy all day with 6 children and a single parent so nothing wrong in this hope it was good .

2 Likes

I was taught you don’t bring take out food to a home with children unless you have enough for them, whether they’re my kids or yours or my home or someone else’s. It’s rude and inconsiderate and bad manners.

Not in the wrong at all.

1 Like

i see why there are sooo many entitled kids today. these comments explain it lol. kids are not entitled to what their parents have/do.

17 Likes

Yes, you are in the wrong here! Didn’t your family teach you to buy food for everyone or for no one? You are an adult, eating take out in front of children. That is sad! You absolutely should have asked if they wanted something. I won’t even get food for myself and kids if other kids will be around, unless I buy for them all. They might not have wanted anything if you asked, but at least you would have offered.

9 Likes

The optics are bad, but if this man knows your heart he should have heard you out and given your pregnant self some grace. >_>

I guess it depends, did they want take out instead of what you cooked? Was that a option or was the only option they eat at home and you get take out? If they enjoyed the food you made and didn’t want what you where ordering then no biggie :smiley: but if they would have rather eaten what you had ordered then maybe that’s a little mean…

I mean… Yeah you were wrong. If there wasn’t enough for you to eat, then there wasn’t enough for him to eat either. I’d be pretty mad if I walked in on my husband eating takeout and he didn’t order myself or the kids anything. Especially if I just got off work and he didn’t even have the decency to tell me to pick up something on the way home.

2 Likes

Was the kid complained to your husband. I don’t see nothing wrong. I would order something but I won’t eat it in front of the kids.

Yes definitely in the wrong…I don’t blame your husband for being upset at all

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with it kids ate first.
If they didn’t eat yet, then sure.

14 Likes

Why was there no food left?. Did you make only enough on purpose for them only?.. Where the kids upset and said something to there dad?.

Did you order and eat the take out in front of them?.. what did your husband eat?..

Personally me I think it’s wrong… pregnant or not is not excuse… How would you feel if your husband came in with take out for him and the kids and not you?. And said well I made you dinner but not enough for everyone… You would all say red flag and get rid of him…

My kids eat what we all eat… if we order out we all get something… if we cook we make enough for all to eat.

Sometimes people should look outside the box and think how would I feel if this was done to me.

15 Likes

Maybe I’m different but I think you are in the wrong… No food comes into my house take out unless there is enough for everyone. That’s the way I was brought up. I don’t blame your husband for being upset :person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

7 Likes

So you just didn’t even ask your husband if he wanted dinner too? :joy:

Yeah you were wrong not so much on the kids IMO they were fed.

3 Likes

Wtf are “ bonus kids “ ??

4 Likes

I always wait for my kids to be in bed before I do something like that…kids aren’t entitled to everything their parents have but I also just think it’s kinda mean, like eating ice cream in front of them but telling them they can’t have some.

18 Likes

I mean it looks bad on you tbh

6 Likes

tf, no you can do whatever the hell you want. you’re an adult.

4 Likes

Personally I’d never do it. But that’s just me!

3 Likes

Nope you’re not wrong.

1 Like

They ate which is good…but if I was gonna get takeaways aswell I woulda got them.something 4 them.aswell

2 Likes

I buy delivery for myself here and there but it is stuff the kids wont eat anyway. Sushi, salads, curry, etc…. I wouldnt order pizza or McDs and eat it in front off them…

4 Likes

You made them food. You’re the adult. You’re not wrong. You made them good food & it was something THEY wanted but YOU didn’t; so you got something you wanted.

4 Likes

Your not wrong, they where fed so there shouldnt have been an issue. Ignore the bs your doing great

2 Likes

Hell yes you were wrong

3 Likes

I see nothing wrong with it you made sure the kids are a good dinner before you I even just asked my husband about it and he said no nothing wrong with it

4 Likes

Yes you’re very wrong on so many levels. First you don’t ever buy take out for just you when you have kids. You always buy enough for everyone. Second they’re not “BONUS” kids they’re your kids too when you married their father.

12 Likes

Personally I’d never do that but they were fed a proper meal and you are the adult.

2 Likes

I think it depends on what it is. Were you eating take out that they love or dislike? I think his reaction was a bit over the top regardless.

2 Likes

This post is giving me that one Tik Tok girls video vibes :joy: ifykyk

4 Likes

You were wrong. You should have at least ordered them a dessert/snack or something. :cookie::cake::pie::fries:

2 Likes

Selfish. I would have never done that to my kids or my bones son. You suck. How would you feel if that was done to your child???

I wouldn’t eat take out in front of any kids. But I’d personally feel bad doing it.

1 Like