Was I in the wrong to eat take out in front of my bonus kids?

I honestly don’t get why everyone is saying it’s wrong. You made them food they ate. You had a craving got your craving. Everyone in a house doesn’t have to eat the same thing all the time. Some times people want different things for dinner and that’s perfectly fine. I’ve gotten take out with out my son, he’s gotten take out with out me, his father has done the same and no one has ever been upset. This is a very odd concept for me that people think your wrong

13 Likes

Yes definitely you are on the wrong. I can’t even order food for myself when I know my own kids are home. If I eat out my kids are too.

5 Likes

No I don’t always order my kids stuff when I do myself. Just like I don’t always get stuff when I get it for them…
You fed them, its not like they went without.

10 Likes

You could of ordered them something small, mum brains don’t work properly when pregnant. So you are both wrong. He shouldn’t be that mad because you’re pregnant, and you could of ordered them something too.

Bcuz you are Prego and cravings are REAL. No, you weren’t wrong! Ask them if they’d like anything next time, the least you can do. You made a nice dinner for them tho. Sounds like an overreaction.

I do it :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2: Idc I have a household of 7, and sometimes they eat more than expected or im not craving what they wanted me to make. They got fed, they’ll be alright

1 Like

Not wrong! They ate what sounds like a decent dinner. One my teens still love to have at home. They aren’t being starved or neglected. I don’t care if you’re pregnant or not, the kids don’t always need something from Starbucks or Taco Bell, or wherever.

I can’t count how many time I’ve stopped to get food for just myself. Now I have teens, two with cars, jobs, they’re own money, and they, too, stop to get stuff for just themselves.

No your not wrong! You fed them and didn’t have enough for you, what else would you do? You are growing a baby and need nourishment!

1 Like

No absolutely not I make food for my biological kids all the time and order food for myself and my husband as long as they where fed it doesn’t matter you are a grown women I could make dinner for my husband and if I decide I wanted something else he would have no problem with me ordering food for just myself

Food is food. What makes the takeout so special? I rather have a nice home cooked meal. There’s been a few times while I was pregnant I would feed my kids and have a craving for something that I didn’t have the ingredients to cook. so I Would order it for myself. Most the time it was something they wouldn’t eat anyway. My doctor once told me, normally pregnant cravings are the body’s why of telling you what vitamins your body is in need of. Don’t be hard on yourself. Unless you ate a happy meal in front of them :rofl:

2 Likes

I understand your point but I still wouldn’t eat anything different in front of kids. If I had to order i would get them something little like cheese sticks or frys or something… or oder after they are in bed. Unless these are teen kids. Anything less than teen, they will feel left out no matter your reasoning and I dont want them to feel left out. I wouldn’t do it in front of my own kid either. So snack until they are in bed :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

This is an odd question to me. I’d never get mad if my kids were fed a proper dinner and dad or step dad got something else… and I don’t think he would be mad at me.
Our kids are 12, 9, 4, 3.
2 quite picky And 3 barely eat… it’s expensive to order a bunch of take out when they may or may not even eat.

1 Like

My Mum used to do this all the time. It sucked but she was the Mum & it’s her money. Not like we never had take out. She did usually eat after us not in front of us, purely because she ordered it while cooking ours or once she realised she didn’t have enough for herself… or if she didn’t want what we were having. She is the Parent. Don’t question it, or you might miss out next time…

Just hover around her for leftovers :wink::rofl:

No it’s not like you only bought some kids food you bought yourself take out after feeding all the kids the same thing. Me and my husband regularly order ourselves food after making the kids dinner cause we work hard and they’re happy with hotdogs and Mac n cheese

You are pregnant and not only are you cooking for his children , you are eating for 2 , So what if you ordered something you wanted. The others are not starving. Treat yourself and your little one to be as well.

1 Like

What do you mean by"BONUS KIDS"???

You were definitely not wrong. You fed them what sounds like a great meal. My husband and I don’t always order take out for our kids we will eat when they go lay down. Some days frankly they don’t deserve something like take out but I always make sure they are very well fed either way

No. They ate, you ate, wtf is the big deal?

5 Likes

Sounds like a lot of you were just entitled children growing up :eye::lips::eye:

2 Likes

They ate. You didn’t chuck it in the f* it bucket and eat in front of them while they watched with empty bellies.

You weren’t wrong for ordering it, but I personally wouldn’t have ate it in front of them though

2 Likes

Well I guess I’m a bad mom because I do this regularly :sob: my kids never miss a meal. We work hard taking care of these babies and sometimes we deserve something that is just for us. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

You could’ve made enough for you also. You were wrong to get take out. In front of the children. They are children. You know they love to go out to eat. Maybe you should ask the children next time.

10 Likes

I do this even sometimes when I don’t cook dinner and I’m not pregnant. :woman_shrugging:t3:
My kids have lots of things in the house that they like, frozen pizza, taquittos, Romen, pizza rolls… all stuff I don’t eat.
I am also the only one who cooks, so if I don’t cook a meal I don’t eat cuz I don’t eat the junk that they love so… oh well for them (my kids are also teenagers and perfectly capable of making themselves food)

2 Likes

Pretty inconsiderate.

8 Likes

I mean, I wouldn’t eat take out in front of my kids so I wouldn’t do it in front of anyone else’s kids.

13 Likes

When I was pregnant with my son, my husband got me whatever I wanted to eat, didn’t matter what it was, if it was something small like ice cream, he would go get it for me. Every Saturday morning, he would get up, go to the mall when they opened, and get me a Annie Ann’s pretzel and large lemonade and also get my a cinnamon roll, he would get it for both of us, and we would sit on the couch and eat it together. Even when my son was born, and even now, if I want something, he will go and get it for me, I will always feed my son first, no matter what, and I don’t deny my son anything, if he wants something that I have, he can have it or try it. I was never like, this is my food I am gonna eat it. If my son wants it, I will give him some.

1 Like

They ate, you ate, I don’t see the issue.

3 Likes

No, you’re not wrong. They can deal with it. Besides, you cooked them a nice meal that’s worth $18 at a restaurant. You’re pregnant. You eat and buy what you please.

1 Like

Could be a good lesson for the kids, you don’t always get something just because someone else has it!

4 Likes

They ate… you are pregnant!! Give him the evil eye lol

My child eats what I eat if she wants it stepkids is your kids also unless u have agreement lol I don’t thank I could eat in front of my child I’d ask if they wanted some but u are pg lol so I guess it’s a pass

1 Like

Take aways are normally a treat, especially in a kids eyes, so they probably did feel a bit upset that they wasn’t offered a takeaway.
I never buy a take away just for me unless my kids say they don’t want anything, could you have not have waited until they where in bed to order for yourself? Would you have ordered for everyone if you partner was home? I can see your partners side on this, just my opinion

4 Likes

Ur pregnant with cravings, nothing wrong with that. Plus u made a good meal for them not just mac and cheese or something. I think he is over reacting. There is plenty of times I get myself something else or I wasn’t hungry at the time and got something different then what I fed my kids.

If i ever buy take out and dont get for my kids i eat it in the car before i come home. :woman_shrugging:t4: would never buy and eat infront of them without getting them some too.

2 Likes

No way. My kids won’t eat hardly anything we order when we order take out and I hate wasting food so I make them food they’ll like and treat myself to takeout every now and then. Now that my oldest is 9 years old she encourages me to do it! She says I cook so much stuff for her and her sister that she knows I don’t care for but eat anyways and she wants me to be happy. Some of yall just grew up horribly spoiled lol

4 Likes

Would you have done the same thing If they were your children is the question??

1 Like

Did u ask if they wanted more food? also even tho they just ate my son does this thing where he eats a whole ass meal and in 20 mins he is hungry again. Even tho he either won’t even eat it or I make it he changes his mind he don’t want it or he takes 2 bites says he is full. His meds mess with his stomach big time

I have a personal rule that I do not eat fast food in front of my kids and mine aren’t allowed to eat in front of other kids like happy meals for example

Hell yes you are, I personally would kick you out of my house :100:

1 Like

The question here is…if you’re own child were there, would you not order for him either?
If the answer is yes…then it’s even and you’re hubby might not look at it as an attack on his kids alone.
But also, what if you’re baby sees you eating, and he’s going to ask for some. Can you honestly say you wouldn’t feed him some?
That’d be a very hard thing to do.
But I think your husband is seeing it as you being inconsiderate. And can imagine his kids looking at you and smelling the McDonalds…or whatever :rofl:. He needs to know that you would do THE VERY SAME EXACT THING if your own child was there too.
If he sees that and understands that his kids weren’t being targeted then maybe he’ll be ok. But in all honesty…why not just by them something anyway? Who cares if they ate dinner…kids crave too.

Tell hubby to go take a hike!!:joy::joy::joy::fu:

1 Like

I don’t see an issue. We can treat ourselves from time to time without having to get anything for anyone else.

They ate chicken and shrimp alfredo, id say their good… dang i mean its not like you ate icecream in front of them and said you dont get any

4 Likes

I personally wouldn’t have done it but I don’t think it was a huge deal. Some people act like just bc they are pregnant, they can do whatever they want.

What?! I order my own food all the time Infront of my OWN kids lmao.

4 Likes

How old are the kids?

I always do that lol

Take out is a treat so yes in that since I could see why he was upset. Would you have done it if it were your kids and not bonus kids? If anyone gets take out we ALL get take out.

6 Likes

I do this to my kids and step daughter a few times a week lmao. If I want something specific I buy it for myself and my husband, and cook them their own dinner. They’re too picky and often times wasteful so I don’t bother wasting the money. If it’s something like McDonald’s then I get them something.

2 Likes

I mean yes and no. You’re the only one that got takeout, and pregnancy is notorious for making the pregnant person have to eat picky, plus energy levels and all that.

It would have been nice for you to get him something too, but I don’t think what you did was mean. It’s not like you made him a grilled cheese, and home cooked meals are better nutrition anyway.

Maybe just take him out to lunch and let him know you didn’t mean anything by it and you love him.

1 Like

A homemade dinner is better for them than takeout. You’re pregnant and had a craving. Your husband is being a jerk

1 Like

If they already ate and weren’t hungry anymore or didn’t say anything about it, who cares? Why order them food too that they probably won’t eat since they already ate, sounds like a waste of money to me. What were you supposed to eat? Since they ate all the dinner you made

2 Likes

I did this with my own kids :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes you are. So selfish and just nasty

5 Likes

But did you offer them a slice?

eh I would probably feel guilty if I did that …usually if I’m getting takeout so are my kids

6 Likes

Yes absolutely. You don’t eat something that can be considered a treat in front of any child without having something comparable for them. I get cravings I really do, but the appropriate choice would have been to wait until they were asleep to get it.

11 Likes

I do this all the time. Please. We are allowed to treat ourselves! I mean it’s not like you made them slop lol. I usually make the kids fav if I treat myself to sushi or something

2 Likes

I mean I don’t see an issue with it considering they already had dinner, your husband on the other hand should be grateful you fed them dinner. It’s not like you was eating in front of them and they hadn’t ate and were starving :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Bonus kids? Cute term…

3 Likes

No. He needs to get over it

3 Likes

I think there are a lot of factors….
If you do this frequently I can see how it would get annoying, I’m guessing you don’t
How old are the kids? Little kids don’t care but my teenagers would say something :joy:
Also you’re pregnant & food is SUPER important to a pregnant woman so that ABSOLUTELY gives you a free pass imo !

3 Likes

If you have to ask, then perhaps you should’ve shared.

5 Likes

I couldn’t do that , but that me.

4 Likes

Well it’s not something I would have done. Maybe not made dinner and ordered out for all of you. Or- why didn’t you make enough for yourself as well? It seems pretty selfish. What did you have for your husband to eat?
My ex used to cook breakfast for himself and not for my kids- used to say “ there’s cereal they could eat” and I would be very upset. So, I’m going to side with your husband on this one

6 Likes

If you were getting take out you could’ve had enough of respect to not eat it in front of the children. Real question is if they were biologically yours would you have done the same thing or would you have gotten take out for them too? You have to put yourself in your husbands shoes about why he’s upset about it. I can see it from both views honestly.

6 Likes

If they hadn’t of ate anything that’s one thing but as an adult you eating take out is fine. I’d want to know what your husband was freaking out about. I think it’s ok.

Absolutely not ! He needs a time out!

1 Like

Not really they ate and you’re pregnant

1 Like

I do this so much as a mom of a picky eater who likes grandma cooking over mine and a teenager who has money to go get his own sometimes I think wth I’ll do what I want as long as everyone is fed we’re good.(I don’t eat anyone cooking besides my own and my grandmas) and sometimes after 8-12 hour of work I feel like getting tacos I’ll do it.

1 Like

So if there wasn’t enough since you made sure they were fed first, were you just not supposed to eat? :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I could never. “Bonus kids” are your kids. Even when I was pregnant I would wait until I had a free moment to go get my craving. If I’m eating take out, so are ALL my kids

10 Likes

No. That sounds good what you made for them. They ate.

2 Likes

Ive done that before. Wouldnt get something the kids loved, though. My son is so picky he only likes certain things, so if I got chinese and offered him some he would probably gag. Chicken tenders are a different matter. I think it depends on the situation. Sounds like you made them a great meal, I think you are fine.

1 Like

:rofl: when I was pregnant I would cook for my family and not be able to eat what I cooked…
When they were done my husband would go pick up something for me, the kids would get ice cream or a shake…

I do this a lot. My kids are picky and won’t even eat most takeout. Don’t feel bad.

1 Like

Personally we make so much food for picky kids that the stigma that we as adults can’t have anything nice for ourselves is absolute bs to me. As long as your kids are fed you did your job. And you made sure they ate before you

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it in front of the kids. I’d include them or wait till they were in bed.

5 Likes

Depends what did you order? Pizza? Big juicy burger and fries? Something that the kids would much prefer over pasta? I can see both sides.

2 Likes

I’m not even going to lie, I use to order take out for my cravings and my family ate what I cooked :eyes::woozy_face:

Once in a blue moon we do because one we are a very blended family and the kids are all super picky. (6 kids) so yes instead of going to millions of places they all agree on something they like at home if it is to much going to 3-4 different fast food places.

They. Are. Dinner. What is his problem? You have different cravings and wants.

1 Like

I have kids and we don’t eat the same as each other some nites . So as long as you fed the kids first i c nothing wrong with it. You do make sure they ate . We have nites where my husband or kids want something diff then what I want . So here is my thing did husband get his self food on his way home ? Your pregnant and allowed to eat what u want .

4 Likes

No you took care if then before yourself while growing a tiny human. Don’t feel bad

3 Likes

All these women on here telling you your wrong is ridiculous. You fed them a good dinner, a damn good dinner! Your pregnant with a craving, so what you wanted something different! Who cares what she ate? Good grief! People, she clearly stated she done it " ONE TIME" , stop bashing her like she does it all the time! Let’s not prosecute her like a Salem Witch Trial. Good Grief!

In my opinion… that was awful… that’s like eating candy in front of a baby… most kids LOVE “take out”.
My kids would have been pretty hurt by that.
They don’t get to eat out too often and as I said… this is MY OPINION…
I think it was selfish and narcissistic if I’m being honest… :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: red flags would be flying for me… I could not stand to eat take out in front of anyone’s children :broken_heart:, I would either share or wait to eat.

19 Likes

I always order something for them like milkshakes or ice cream

I can barely see why he’d be upset but considering they had a good meal, you’re pregnant and craving, you made them dinner first, you had absolutely no ill intent in this. You simply wanted some food that was good to you after there wasn’t enough.

Next time get you all take away.

1 Like

I could never do that but that’s just me . At the end of the day , they are still kids . While some kids may prefer home made food, let’s keep it real… most kids would prefer outside food .

This is a touchy subject because it’s your husband’s kids . While your intentions may not have been evil , there is a sense of division. If it truly wasn’t meant like that, I think its best to sit down and talk about it . No reason for misunderstandings. We are only human. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ate take out tonight and my biological kids had Mac n cheese and carrots. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s not like the kiddos didn’t eat. NTA

If im craving takeout the kids eat takeout with me. If the kids are having home food, so am I. Or at least wait til the kids are asleep.

8 Likes

You weren’t wrong.

We eat things that the kids can’t have pretty often (one of them has multiple severe food allergies). It’s not a daily occurrence, and we make family meals safe for everyone. But every so often we’ll pick ourselves up something they can’t have and they’ll have the choice between dino nuggets and sunbutter and jelly sandwiches. It’s never even crossed our minds that it would be considered wrong.

1 Like

I would have done it after they went to bed that’s what me and my wife do is we put kids to bed and do a date night every Friday night

It’s not like you ate food before them and didn’t feed them. You’re an adult and pregnant, so if you’re craving something you better order it​:woman_shrugging:t2: Their dinner also sounds Hella good lol except the shrimp part :rofl:

6 Likes

My biological kids asked for noodles tonight and that’s what they got before I went to taco bell to feed myself they love noodles I hate them with a passion and they hate taco bell they got what they wanted and I got what I wanted and we are all fed. I believe he really overreacted.

1 Like

It depends, we’re they crying they were still hungry? Was it McDonalds? If so my kids would’ve lost their shit lol did they actually eat the food you made them? My kids wouldn’t have eaten shrimp Alfredo. If they were still hungry and didn’t eat or it was something they loved and would’ve wanted, then get them something. If they were fine and not hungry and it was something they wouldn’t have eaten anyway it shouldn’t have been a big deal. There’s definitely factors that change whether it was a big deal or not.

I think you’re in the wrong. It doesn’t feel right.

4 Likes