Was I wrong to get upset with my husband?

5months old… exercauser, jolly jumper, play pen with toys etc while u do dishes or washing etc. If baby isn’t already start introducing solids. Baby is likely waking so much from hunger so u could also give bubs 1 bottle of formula at night time feed which hubby could do then he gers to bond more with bubs while u can shower. Put the washing on at night, ask hubby to vacuum when he gets home and he definitely needs to help with dishes at night. I found my babies the easiest at this age but I realise its different for everybody. Be sure to communicate with hubby too

2 Likes

I will say if this is your first baby enjoy it because honestly we all understand where you’re coming from as a mom but stop worrying about them fucking dishes wash what you need the clothes fuck it who cares enjoy your kids a lot of moms would love to stay home and I know you don’t want to hear that cuz I was one of those moms too until I did stay home but what I will say is that it does get easier but you have to take care of yourself and your child and then the rest of it can be done as a teamwork when Daddy comes home and Daddy doesn’t like that then maybe you need to get a job and that way you have your adult time and then you have your mom time

Just my opinion, - Ppl should really pray about asking for knowledge of getting married and starting a family. It’s not always going to b a smooth ride, there r up’s and dwn’s, in’s and out’s nothing is perfect and we aren’t promised as such. Our choices gives us our outcome. B prepared as much as possible for whtever may come yor way and deal w/it as such. Pray
:pray:, Put Jesus n Yor life as number one and start there, u can’t go wrong w him :heavy_heart_exclamation::pray:

1 Like

My husband used to say similar things to try and relate to me, I had to explain to him that wasn’t helpful and he started asking what I needed from him to make my days and nights easier. Communication is very important. Once you start playing the (I have it harder than you game) everyone loses.

Let the house go and start taking care of yourself. Start working on solids with the baby maybe that will help the baby sleep longer through the night.

It’s only going to get more difficult once child gets Mobile lol time to start telling your husband what you need from him at home.

1 Like

We all been there in one way or the other, Most Husbands just don’t understand it, I know my Husband didn’t understand one bit how I was feeling, I was Mother & Father to my 2 Children, He was Brought up " The Old School way", He believe he was the Man of the house to earn Money and pay the Bills, Wife stays home to look after the Children, Cooks, clean, wash, do the Garden and keep the House clean and Tidy, He never did anything round the house at all, So I decived to do something about it, I stop cooking him his dinners, but that back fired on me, He said if I stop cooking him his dinners, he would stop giving me less money, So I had to find other ways to sort him out, but as time went on couldn’t, so I gave up than, He thought he had won, but he didn’t in the long run ha,ha.

Yes. Work with your individual therapist to learn emotion management and basic communication skills if you’re going to try having a relationship or children.

1 Like

Tell him a list of things you want to get done before you go to bed at night and ask him if he can help you out a little. I’ve found it helps me when I make a list and tell others what I want done they are more able to help when they know what to help with.

My fiancé and I took shifts basically I was with the baby at night and when baby needed fed but when your husband is home from work hand baby to him and tell him your taking a nap… moms have just as much right to nap as do dads!! Also don’t stress on a perfectly clean home with a baby that young…… my sons first year we did a basket system and I never folded the clean clothes we had a basket for ever category of clothes the babies, mine, his, and bathroom we would put out clothes in the baskets and when they were full we’d wash dry label the basket clean clothes

Not alone at all. Most mom’s have been in your shoes and have felt as you do. Years ago I had my 3 boys all within 4 yrs. When you have all 3 sleeping in the same room no one sleeps. But it does get better once your baby starts sleeping thru the night I promise you this. Please don’t be angry with your husband I’m sure he does see how you are trying to cope . Have a talk with him and have him on his day off spend more time with the baby so you can care for yourself. Honest, it does get better

1 Like

You stopped me reading your RANT when you called your infant a MENACE! Get yourself a rocking chair, lady, and fall asleep rocking your baby. GOOD GRIEF!

3 Likes

He will never know how you feel because he has never been in your exact same position as far as having recently gone through a pregnancy, now having a new baby, and being sleep deprived/exhausted. However, if he is in the military he more than likely has experience being sleep deprived and exhausted from military training or work, so perhaps he is just trying to relate to you and not trying to belittle how you feel. He is your husband and you know him and we don’t, so unless you know him to be an inconsiderate individual you could give him the benefit of the doubt and talk to him in a calm way. Maybe he can put in for a few days of leave so he can help you and you can catch up on your sleep.

If you have served in the military too, then you have been in his shoes before, if so, maybe you can help him by comparing and contrasting being tired from being in the military (doing desk duty) vs what you are currently experiencing.

If you have not served, then you can’t possibly know how tired or exhausted he is (it depends not only on his specialty, but also on his rank and unit, and even on the chain of command he has). If you have not been in his shoes then both of you could work on being understanding and supporting of each other.

My first child did what you describe and I understand how exhausting it is, but being in the military ain’t for the faint of heart either; a military desk job is not necessarily like a normal civilian 8-5 job :wink:.

Wish you and you family the best :pray:t3:

1 Like

One thing I learned about being stay at home while the man works is it’s two different worlds and sometimes you can tend to get into a tug of war comparing and contrasting who has it worse. Truth is it’s not comparable. The best thing is to allow yourself to be ok if the laundry isn’t done or dishes are not done. Try to do those things when the baby is up, strap her to you and do things, or don’t. But please do not feel bad for resting when you can bc at the end of the day only you will be able to help you get rest. It won’t last forever and soon you’ll be able to sleep more and get things done but now you need to prioritize you so you can be the best you can for yourself and the baby.

2 Likes

She is probably teething. You’ll get back to normal and forget. But she will start again and you’ll forget. Once you figure it out she will have stopped teething. It’s a vicious circle. Try using something to deaden her pain.

1 Like

5 month old should be sleeping through the night. Ask pedestrian for advice. I needed to add cereal to babys night bottle by 4 months so they would sleep. Figure that out so you and baby could sleep and stop doing it all by yourself. Communicate with your husband as to what exactly he needs to be doing after work to help. Leave the baby with him for a few hours and go be by yourself, go for a walk or shopping or take a nap.

You apparently need some instructions on how to raise that baby of yours. You are the parent, and it is your job to know how to handle the problems you are facing. After the first few weeks, babies and the mommies know when and how to regulate what is a routine. Your baby apparently is not learning discipline about sleep and feedings. Contact your pediatrician for help. Your little one is controlling you. Not necessary.

Your baby isn’t out to get you.
She’s not doing this TO you.
She IS a baby. She is communicating the only way she knows how.
I know your frustrated but you signed up for this.
Ask your partner , family member or friend to come help if you’re struggling.
Get some sleep get some time to yourself.
Go to the Dr and get checked for Pnd.
You’re ment to take it day by day with babies. Not everyday is going to be easy babies aren’t easy.
Take the baby for a walk in the pram/stroller once the baby falls asleep wheel her inside near your bed and get yourself some sleep.
Tell your partner his on shift and you’re not you need sleep. communication…
Please don’t name call an innocent little baby it’s not called for and it’s not productive.
you will become her inner voice so what you say to her effects her.

2 Likes

Your 5 month old does not & is not capable of having any intent toward you & referring to your baby a Menace need more help than sleep leave the dishes & laundry maybe asking your man for help with them use this time to get some rest while he’s working instead of doing dishes and laundry

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh, woman.

He was trying to make conversation.

Right, he can’t possibly know how you feel.
And you can’t possibly know how he feels.

You are sleep deprived, I get it.

But there is no need to demean what he does for a living…how would you feel if he did that to you because he was tired, anxious, irritable or sleep deprived? I doubt, you would excuse his behavior.

And get that baby on a schedule. At 5 months, there is no need for her to be fed every 30 minutes unless she had some medical condition you haven’t mentioned.

Talk to your doctor about some way to get her to sleep for more than a half hour at a time.

Your husband can’t read your mind. Think about it, he comes home from a miserable day at work, boss on his back to a grumpy, sleep deprived wife who wants to be mad at him.

If he did that to you, you’d be screaming about how horrible he was to you.

Ask him for help.

Ask as in defining some specific tasks he could do for you.

Can you hold the baby while I take a nap?
Can you put in a load of laundry before dinner?
Can you do the dishes, empty the dishwasher?
Can you feed the baby while I get dinner?
Could you care for the baby while I take a hot shower?
Can you fold the clean laundry and put it away.

I know I’d rather stay home with the baby then go to work with a boss and co-workers. And the military is more stressful than a regular office.

Talk with your husband and find a calm, kind way to get some rest and to care for each other.

I wish you all well.