What age do girls hit puberty?

There are lots of fun informational videos on YouTube. Tips and tricks and to help her understand and get comfortable.

I started getting boobs and hair around that age. I physically developed faster than all of my friends but I was the lastto get my period at 13.

Pubic hair usually pops up several years before period so that might not be too crazy. I know several people that started at 9.

I started at the age of 10… when your body is ready ots ready
… why change or worry about whats natural

I hate to say it but with all of the hormones and antibiotics in our food puberty is starting younger and younger very scary noticed it with my oldest and now we’re strictly organic and grass fed

6 Likes

Girls are developing alot sooner now. My period was at 14. My daughter at nine. Doctor said it was normal.

My middle daughter was 9. My youngest who has 1 ovary due to mass on other and it was removed just got her period at 11. She be 12 next month. She had been developing in her breast and arm pits before this but just had it last week.

I was 9, had everything starting to develop and hair starting to grow right around 7-8. It happens. Sit her down and help her understand and be comfortable with what’s coming, and don’t make it weird.

1 Like

my 8 year old granddaughter started getting her boobs n pubic hair at age 7 i started my periods at age 9

Puberty is starting earlier and earlier as generations pass

I was 9 and my daughter was 9 so not way too early

1 Like

Oh hon. Puberty can hit from 7 to 17, it varies by person. My 12 year old looks 16, including C cup bra and tall stature. There is nothing wrong with your girl hutting puberty a little early, and she probably won’t be getting her period for at least another year or two. Just be aware you will get the stank-ass teenage attitude a few years early. During this time, remind her she is beautiful, she is not too tall/big/fat/etc, but she is perfect the way she is, and the rest of her classmates will catch up with her by 7th grade.

I was 13 my daughter was 12. My friends daughter is 11 and just started her menstruation

Every female is different, I was a c cup in fourth grade, period at 9 in fifth grade.

1 Like

I don’t think 7 is too young for pubic hair. My pediatrician said it was early but not concerning for my daughter who was six but part African American. He said if she was full Caucasian he would’ve been more concerned at 6. She didn’t start her period until 12.

According to the inter-web, 7 for African American and 8 for Caucasian is normal for public hair. Sorry if she is neither, just sharing what I found! Trust me, I was shocked when my 6yo showed me hers! LOL

My niece had hair down there at 5

I got my period at 9 in 4th grade. I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome.

I had hair about that age. B cup in second grade. Period at 8-9. Am now menopausal at 41.
I don’t know if it was a “me thing” or if others have this experience, but I had atrocious cramping until about 30, had a surgery then to deal with endometriosis and cervical cancer, after which the cramps chilled. I often suspected a good chunk of it was as a result of developing early and fast. Something to maybe keep an eye on, so to speak.

1 Like

I was 7.5…
My eldest is 12 and has had 2 “shows” a few spots that’s it in 2 years plenty of hair and nothing else for months later …
My Middle daughter who is 9 has started to go through some things boobs are growing and getting cramping. I honestly don’t know if she has hair or anything; she’s more private… I guess what I’m saying is
Every child is different.