What age should a child have their own room?

Not okay. I would contact my lawyer… or CPS.

1 Like

I’d be more concerned about the 20 year old myself.

I think they should (ideally) have their own rooms by now. If they are only at their dads on the weekend, it should be okay for them to share a room as long as they each have their own bed and there’s a place where they can change their clothes in private. Nobody is going to let their child share a room with a 20 year old MAN. Chances are that he is paying rent OR it is only a temporary arrangement because who just lets a 20 live at their house for free??? I would never suggest that anyone contact the Department of Children & Family Services when there is no problem at this point. You would only be creating them, because at that point they will be investigating both your exes home and yours to determine the suitability for raising kids there, your ex will be mad at you and your children might be upset by being questioned about their living arrangements by strangers. Just deal with it yourself. Tell your ex that the children must have their own beds and once the 20 year old is gone, they should have their own rooms.