What age would you allow your daughter to dye her hair?

I’ve let my children dye their hair with overtone they are 3, 5, and 6

My daughter started coloring her hair in 4th or 5th grade.

When she’s an adult and can pay for the dye and upkeep! :woman_shrugging:t3:

Just put coolaid in her hair it will turn pink and it will wash out but l would not let her any other way till she about 17 or 18.

I wasn’t allowed to til I was like 14 or 15. I would probably wait til shes closer to 13.

1 Like

It’s just hair, it grows back, have fun with it

Pick you battles,hair is not one of them.

2 Likes

both mine 10 and 12 have had parts bleached and dyed red/blue/pink. it’s only hair. not like they are getting a face tattoo

when she pays for it to be done :white_check_mark: x

Junior high. They all go through this identity crisis. My older on was 16. But you live and you learn.

7?! She’s your daughter, but, that’s very young. My daughter was 16.

When they can afford it on their own!

7 yrs old doesnt ed to go from dark to blonde. She can wait till shes 16

No earlier than 12-13. Preferably a little later!

I’m going to get my girls a ombre, nothing that touches the roots though.

Try the colored chalk for hair

I definitely wouldn’t bleach a young child’s hair

temporary like chalk, til she’s in Jr high or high school.

Maybe 12 or 13 for bleach. If it was one couple pieces I would say go for it.

Mine was 5 when we did hers the first time

I let my 5 year old have purple and green in her hair. No big deal as long as its decent and not all crazy.

We bleached and died Mohawks for my boys at 4 and 6

Temporary ones last 3 shampoos

My son is 7 I bleached his whole head and dyed it green because that’s what he wanted :woman_shrugging:t2:

Buy her clip ins from Sallys

When they can afford to pay for it🤣

I would suggest clip in extensions

18, when she can pay for it herself

No way… I won’t even let my 15 yr old get highlights :grimacing:

Stylist here :raising_hand_woman:
Both of my daughters had fun colors by age 6. Life is short and childhood is the best part. Make it fun for them :heart:

1 Like

Too young. My Mom told me to wait as long as possible to start dying my hair and I am happy I listened!

You can use koolaid and it’s not purnament

Now. It’s hair. It will grow.

7 Absolutely not.
I wouldnt let her till shes 18.

Way to young you and her need to wait.

I’d just buy some wigs.

I let her use the temp stuff now and she is 9.

Way too young. What are you thinking

At that age it is still extremely likely to permanently fry her hair or cause allergic reaction to the chemicals. I’d still wait a few more years. It’s gonna upset her I dealt with it with my daughter and sadly now she understands fully why she had to wait. Her hair doesn’t due easy due to how her hair is. It takes legitimately all the time possible to dye her hair to the point of possibly frying her hair to get color to stay.

She’s your child hun do what you think is best :slightly_smiling_face:

When she grown n out the house

My mom let me dye my hair when I was like 3rd grade. With semi permanent dye. And it washed out.

She’s too young. Don’t go there.

…sounds like you want it…

I was in the 5th grade when my mom let me dye my hair for the first time

I let mine once middle school age

Being a mother of a daughter i let her die it a reasonable color because it helped to protect her against lice in school. It is better to be proactive than to have to fight the infestation of lice on a child.

Do it…it’s just hair

Especially during these crazy times, i say why not

Choose your battles wisely.

As soon as she can pay for it herself

12 for dying and 16 for bleaching

I didn’t let mine until 13

Not until at least 12

When she isn’t on my payroll

I dont know why people throw such a fit over dying hair. “It RuInS yOuR hAiR.” If you dont bleach the roots it will be fine. And there IS vegan/chemical free hair dye. It doesnt run your hair. I’ve been bleaching my hair 1-2x a year since I was 13 and i get compliments from hair dressers because actually take care of my hair. I dont just bleach, dye, and regular shampoo. I say if you’re using bleach then as long as the child is capable of sitting still and behaving throughout the process then go for it. I bleached my child’s hair when she was around 8. I didnt do the roots or put it on the scalp. It didnt damage her hair. Besides, why are people so worried about damaging hair when they eat chemicals daily anyway?

My oldest was 12 when I dyed her hair. Now every once in awhile she wants it a different color and she will be 16 next month

I bleached my 5, 7 and 8 year old daughters hair, just the tips and dyed them pink. They loved it! It let them have a little fun, especially with the pandemic going on.

2 Likes

I let my six year old son have blue hair this past summer. He wanted it to be like Sonic the Hedgehog. The look on his face when it was done was priceless. It faded out and we gave had many haircuts since then. This year has been rough on these kiddos. In my opinion, this is harmless and brings a well deserved smile! Go for it!

1 Like

My 10yr old currently has purple in hers. We’ve done several different semi-permanent colors. She’s been so upset and stressed being stuck at home we opted for something fun. Its hair. It will grow back.

1 Like

My daughter is 7, almost 8 & we colour her hair all the time. We use arctic fox if doing it at home, it’s all safe ingredients. We usually take her to my cousin’s salon & they also use milder dyes on her hair. We have lightened the ends just slightly to get a pink in it before.

1 Like

I first let my daughter’s dye their hair when they was 8&11 they went pink and purple over the summer… but my girls where blonde and didn’t need bleaching. And by the end of summer it had not faded enough so we had to dye over it… few weeks ago, my oldest now 14 dyed her tips blue and my youngest now 11 dyed hers burgundy/maroon. My kids school district changed the rules last school year and allow for dyed hair as long as it isn’t to distracting. But still no need for bleaching… honestly it depends on the parent and the child… I personally wouldn’t dye my own hair… I have natural red hair that gets lots of compliments and as for my girls it’s just the tips and it will grow and can be cut off.

1 Like

My oldest just turned 10 and I let her get her hair done and her hair is dark the hair stylist fried her hair from bleaching it and the color being added to it it’s bad enough my daughter had hair breakage so bad in the back of her head. It looks aweful I’m never letting her do that again!

First and foremost, she is your child. If you are fine with it, then go ahead. I will say that having a professional do it would be better. My daughter is 10 and she wanted blue hair with her child support, so I used some box dye. It looks horrible, but she is happy with it. We have already made a plan for the next time we get her hair colored. My thinking is, its just hair. This is what my 10 year old wants next.

My daughter is 4, she has blond hair normally and we use Arctic for dye.

I dyed my daughters hair purple right before she turned 9. And prior I had put purple streaks in both of my girls’ hair when they were were 5 and 6.

My daughter had highlights in her hair at 6. Starting first grade present. She asked for it and really wanted it so.

1 Like

All my kids have started between 2 & 3yrs old with semi permanent colors (direct dyes). 1st was Manic Panic. Switched to Arctic Fox when they came out & haven’t looked back. My 3rd child has eczema & craniosynostosis…he has +7 doctors (including an allergist & dermatologist) that approve Arctic Fox for kids, those with sensitive skin, etc. Any lightener or permanent color off the scalp til at least 5 for my kids.

My daughter is 7. And I got her the bright pink conditioner which was perfect. But her hair is blonde so it didn’t damage her hair. I wouldn’t bleach it until she’s 15-16. Bleach damages hair so bad.

I won’t I told her not to touch it

18 lol! Young hair is so healthy, why start damaging it. My daughter never asked so I didn’t face the issue!

2 Likes

Mine is 11 and we have done color mamy times. Temporary, says it last 15 washes, hahaaa takes months. I say go for it. Let her be her. Hair grows back. 1000% support playing woth hair.

This is my 9 year old. I let her do it, initially I said no because she needed bleach, but its just hair. I’m hoping that the excitement of these colors fades by the time she is an adult because sometimes people with these colors get judged. I also let my son get red in his hair.

I would recommend buying those hair piece extensions that you can wash and style like regular hair. They are put in using rubber beads. My daughter was about 3 when I started letting go her have some feathers in her hair. She LOVED IT. They would last like to 3 to 6 months or of course at them out whenever you felt like it.

What a fun and innocent way to express yourself. It’s only hair… You can change it back anytime you want. In these times when kids have so much to worry about, how they want their hair would be the least of mine.

My daughter had her 1st dye job at 8 bleached with purple on the under section. Now again at 10 red tips… It’s hair you can cut it off, it grows back. I’m that negative thinker like what if she got a horrible illness and died or had to do chemo and loses all her hair without ever getting the chance to truly enjoy it. We are promised this moment but not the next, let them be kids and enjoy life to the fullest!

1 Like

I would actually wait until shes 15/16…i started dying my hair from 14 and im 30 now and regret ever dying it. I had a nice color, it was a nice shade of brown and i cant get that color back

My youngest as been dying her hair since age 11 cause she is a natural blonde it was so easy to do but only with a lighter blonde to start off with then she went to a really dark red head n she pulled it off n when we cut the red off she as done purple n pink I let her express herself thru her hair… She is now 18 n still does her hair different colors n i also dye mine it’s just a fun way to express urself…There is worse things they could want to do n do it behind ur back…

I started dying my daughter’s at around 7 … she wants blonde but I refuse to bleach it so every few months or so she chooses a colour… usually red or purple and sometimes black. She is 9 now

I let my daughter dye her hair at 13.

My oldest keeps her hair short because she has such a thick head of hair she gets headaches if it’s longer than her jaw line
When she was 8 She cut her hair like katy Perry’s pixie, we bleached it and put pink through her entire head. The way i saw it is from one cut to the next itll be gone so why not? And now shes 12 and all of her friends are just now getting to experience and figure out what they like but my daughter is very comfortable with what she likes(short hair) and doesnt care if its stylish or meets anyones approval
Win win in my book.

There’s non toxic temporary dyes that can be used like this stuff

NO. Not at that age.

Mrs Shukri Bidhiye has helped me earn more than enough from forex trading. I traded on my own account for more than 5 months with no reasonable profit but having Mrs Shukri Bidhiye as my account manager i now believe that there is a very big difference trading with an expert.
You can also trade your bitcoin with her💰
Facebook​:100::white_check_mark:, :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: Facebook

Mrs Shukri Bidhiye has helped me earn more than enough from forex trading. I traded on my own account for more than 5 months with no reasonable profit but having Mrs Shukri Bidhiye as my account manager i now believe that there is a very big difference trading with an expert.
Facebook​:100::white_check_mark:, :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: Facebook

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Unicorn+Dye&ref=nb_sb_noss

She’s Definitely too young

My long term bf has lost his feelings for me and is no longer considering the relationship serious, just interested in having fun casually and open to other women. I love this guy more than life and see future together, and not comfortable with his indifference towards me future wise, or his ways of having the cake and eating it too. I have tried everything in my power to rebuild the relationship, to have his feelings come back, and for him to reconsider, but he is set on the idea of me needing to look for someone else if i want marriage. I am heartbroken, been feeling hopeless and depressed. I found GOGO SHAMINA online via the search. I have never gotten a reading before, and have been a skeptical of these being vague, not materializing, etc…. However after reading so many positive testimonials here i have decided to give it a try. I have never been so impressed by a reading!!! GOGO gave an exact description of the situation, root causes of the problem;, what is contributing to it, what can be done to potentially turn things around. She was precise and right on the money with at least 90percent of what she was describing. she gave me the personality of my bf, his living arrangement, his influences, his maturity level, everything!!! It was specific and accurate. But most importantly she gave me hope that she can help. After such accurate reading i am confident in mamas ability to help me to reunite this relationship and bring it to marriage. with G-d help i will be praying that is will happen! I will update the post once i see the results. thanks GOGO in advance!if you want to be helped you can call or whats app GOGO SHAMINA+27673785858

God I’ve never seen so many fucking Karen’s :rofl::laughing::laughing:

I think is bad idea because of the chemikas…there head bones are not mature and afect development

I went platinum very younge. I developed this image I was addicted to up keep. I stayed that way until 27 yrs old. My hair was fried and ruined. I had to cut into a bob. Keep in mind when I started I had hair to the back of my knees that grew shorter yearly